PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's man of the match

PatHead
26-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Thought Bartley had a great game standing up to those hammer throwers. Didn't waste much of the ball either.

hibee_girl
26-03-2017, 11:25 AM
:agree: he was my pick for MOTM

makaveli1875
26-03-2017, 11:27 AM
bartley is easily 1 of our most consistent players , very rarely has a bad game

hfc rd
26-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Will definitely need him for next season.

rcarter1
26-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Will definitely need him for next season.

Key player when the opposition need a bit ruffled in midfield. Huge for us if he is with us next season..

Northernhibee
26-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Keatings deserves a shout. One goal, one assist. Vital.

lucky
26-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Stevenson for me. I thought Bartley was poor but football is all about opinions

PatHead
26-03-2017, 11:34 AM

Stevenson was runner up for me.

Pretty Boy
26-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Stevenson for me. I was critical of him last week, correctly imo, but he never put a foot wrong yesterday.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 11:37 AM

I always thought that football was about skill, athleticism, passion, awareness, tactics and commitment.

You learn something every day! :wink:

Bartley was my motm.

hibee_girl
26-03-2017, 11:37 AM

Stevenson was superb yesterday and it's rare that I'd pick someone over him but thought Bartley just edged it.

My Grandad had Stevenson as his MOTM, clearly my love for Stevenson is rubbing off on him :greengrin

snooky
26-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Bartley for me.
Dylan played well too. Understandably faded as the game went on.

Bobby's Cinema
26-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Keatings. Thought we were slow and ponderous all over the park yesterday, struggling to create and little urgency.

Had it not been for the goal, I'd have been wondering if we had any positives at all from a game v Falkirk we've seen too many times.

Golden Bear
26-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Boyle for me, he was a constant threat to the Falkirk defence.

He never stopped running the whole game, his final ball was not always as good as it could have been but he's a valuable player for us and I've a feeling he'll continue to improve with the right coaching.

frazeHFC
26-03-2017, 12:06 PM
I think all round we were good yesterday. Wasn't the best performance but we know how frustrating games at home to Falkirk can be, but we fought til the end and got the winner. Bartley for me too though!

Kojock
26-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Ambrose for me especially at 25/1 for the first goal and 7/1 anytime.

B.H.F.C
26-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Boyle for me, he was a constant threat to the Falkirk defence.

He never stopped running the whole game, his final ball was not always as good as it could have been but he's a valuable player for us and I've a feeling he'll continue to improve with the right coaching.

If he could work on his final ball he could be a good player for us. At the moment though he just generally smashes it in the direction of the goals and hopes for the best. Said at the game yesterday that I thought he was the only one who really looked a threat. Frustrating as hell though.

heretoday
26-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Keatings for the winner and an immensely important goal.

Billy Whizz
26-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Keatings for the winner and an immensely important goal.

Some of his crosses in the 2nd half, from the left hand side, deserved to have someone on the end of them!

PatHead
26-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Ambrose for me especially at 25/1 for the first goal and 7/1 anytime.

Biased at all?:greengrin

wookie70
26-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Stevenson was excellent yesterday and was my MOTM.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2017, 01:34 PM

Bartley poor???? Wow, not sure what you saw to have that opnion but hey ho. Bartley was my MOTM.

Dashing Bob S
26-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Bartley, Stevenson, Ambrose all immense. Keatings too, when he came on.

Lancs Harp
26-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Its funny as we see things so differently to each other. I thought Ambrose had his poorest game in a Hibs shirt and clearly, to me at least, looked uncomfortable at right back. Put the ball in the back of the net though so I'll forgive him. :wink:

The Harp Awakes
26-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Keatings deserves a shout. One goal, one assist. Vital.

His ball in for Ambrose at the the first goal was top drawer as was his goal. 2 pieces of brilliance won us the game.

NBHibby
26-03-2017, 02:37 PM
There was a select few that stood out for me yesterday. Ambrose, Keatings, Stevenson and Bartley. Hard to choose between them, but I'd say Keatings because of his assist and excellent winner in the dying seconds.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Smartie
26-03-2017, 03:02 PM
If he could work on his final ball he could be a good player for us. At the moment though he just generally smashes it in the direction of the goals and hopes for the best. Said at the game yesterday that I thought he was the only one who really looked a threat. Frustrating as hell though.

Other than the final ball I also thought Boyle was very good.

I wonder how much of the final ball problem is down to him though? If you froze the action Sky Sports style, I wonder how easy it would be to pick out what he should have done? Even when he has beaten his man and hit the bye-line it is hard to see which option he should take, often because he has none.

As far as I made out he tried a few percentage balls, knocking them into areas that might be dangerous without really knowing if anyone was there. There were a few drilled too close to the keeper and a few cutbacks to nobody.

I don't think our current strikers are generally that great at giving crossers something to hit.

Stevenson was motm for me btw.