eebsie
25-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Any online?

O'Rourke3
26-03-2017, 02:25 AM
https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1915

Posh Hibby
26-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Keatings goal gets better with every watch!

Got some stick last week for a poor performance - playing with his back to goal is clearly not his strength - but he does have quality! Excellent delivery for the 1st goal as well.

brog
26-03-2017, 10:30 AM
I read the matchday thread & just assumed Keats had a mare. Watched the highlights & in 1 half of football I saw Keatings,
1. Produce a great cross which could have resulted in a pen for JC being pushed;
2. Produce another excellent cross which Holt somehow contrived to miss;
3. Produce possibly the ball of the season for Efe's goal, the pace & accuracy was immense.
4. Score possibly the goal of the season on his"weak" foot, the bend on the ball in the last yard or so was amazing.

Carry on having a mare James!!

PS, On the debit side he lost Sibbald at their goal but you have to ask why the smallest guy on our team is given a marking job at corners & why we had no one on the near post. Questions for our management team about our set up. Personally I'd put Keatings & Boyle up near the half way line which means the opposition have to have at least 3 players back covering.

emerald green
26-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Great goal at that stage of the match especially. A superb shot on his weaker foot from Keatings. A really pivotal moment in this season (hopefully).

Holmesdale Hibs
26-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Thanks for posting, enjoyed that. Great goal to win it as well.

The Leith Dutch
26-03-2017, 10:39 AM
I read the matchday thread & just assumed Keats had a mare. Watched the highlights & in 1 half of football I saw Keatings,
1. Produce a great cross which could have resulted in a pen for JC being pushed;
3. Produce possibly the ball of the season for Efe's goal, the pace & accuracy was immense.
4. Score possibly the goal of the season on his"weak" foot, the bend on the ball in the last yard or so was amazing.

PS, On the debit side he lost Sibbald at their goal but you have to ask why the smallest guy on our team is given a marking job at corners & why we had no one on the near post. Questions for our management team about our set up. Personally I'd put Keatings & Boyle up near the half way line which means the opposition have to have at least 3 players back covering.

Bit in bold is spot on.
Difficult to imagine how what they give you defensively in the box could in any way be better than keeping 3 opposition players out of the box covering them and with Boyle especially a hoofed clearance from a corner is a reasonable attacking play.

snooky
26-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Bit in bold is spot on.
Difficult to imagine how what they give you defensively in the box could in any way be better than keeping 3 opposition players out of the box covering them and with Boyle especially a hoofed clearance from a corner is a reasonable attacking play.

Totally agree with this. How often does the defending team clear the ball upfield from a corner? This is when the attacking team is at their weakest at the back. A player with pace can easily run riot.

mjhibby
26-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Great goal at that stage of the match especially. A superb shot on his weaker foot from Keatings. A really pivotal moment in this season (hopefully).

What a fantastic goal. If bale had scored a goal like that for Wales he would have lauded. Doubt he's scored a better one in his career.

Deansy
26-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Cheers Mate !

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Bit in bold is spot on.

We already had Cummings and Boyle on halfway.

greenlex
26-03-2017, 12:57 PM
We already had Cummings and Boyle on halfway.

Correct as we always do. Keatings had replaced Shinnie who obviously has more defensive nous.

makaveli1875
26-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Efe's goal celebration was class , probably the best celebration iv seen at ER since benji against the poppy thieves

FastEddieFelson
26-03-2017, 01:16 PM
any footage of the boyle incident where the ref gave a corner instead of a penalty/free kick? interested to see that again

Hibee87
26-03-2017, 01:23 PM
any footage of the boyle incident where the ref gave a corner instead of a penalty/free kick? interested to see that again

Guy won the ball by look of it although you can only see from behind, tbh I thought the same at the game as well.

Pete
26-03-2017, 01:24 PM
On a more negative note, WTF was their goal all about?

Sunday league teams deal with corners better than that.

SaulGoodman
26-03-2017, 01:28 PM

Before the corner Laidlaw unnecessarily tipped the ball out when it was going wide though, don't blame him too much though he looked like he lost his bearings a bit, he should have had a shout from the defence.

Juice-Terry
26-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Shocking. WTF was Keatings doing?

Hermit Crab
26-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Brian Graham with a welcome assist for the second.

Diclonius
26-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Guy won the ball by look of it although you can only see from behind, tbh I thought the same at the game as well.

I thought at the time he won the ball, must have been the only person in my part of the stadium not claiming for a penalty.

Jones28
26-03-2017, 05:09 PM

I was level with it in the east and thought the lad won the ball. Great tackle at the time but would like to see it again.

snooky
26-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Before the corner Laidlaw unnecessarily tipped the ball out when it was going wide though, don't blame him too much though he looked like he lost his bearings a bit, he should have had a shout from the defence.

I think he had a last minute feeling that the cross might drop in the top corner and took the safe option. I'm glad he did what he did rather than leave it if he wasn't sure.

B.H.F.C
26-03-2017, 05:51 PM
I thought at the time he won the ball, must have been the only person in my part of the stadium not claiming for a penalty.

Same with me. Everybody around me was going nuts. One person that didn't claim at all was Boyle himself which said a lot to me.

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 06:26 PM
I was claiming for it at the time but, given the direction the ball took and Boyle's non-reaction, it was probably the right call.

If I had been the referee, I'd still have pointed to the spot though.

Thegreenside
26-03-2017, 06:32 PM

Boyle was getting marked by Kerr every corner right on the half way line not once did they try a punt into that space behind. Was doing my head in

JimBHibees
26-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Agree the Boyle wasn't a pen. The one where the right back caught the ball was as blatant as the one we didn't get in the play offs against the same mob.

SaulGoodman
26-03-2017, 06:42 PM
I think he had a last minute feeling that the cross might drop in the top corner and took the safe option. I'm glad he did what he did rather than leave it if he wasn't sure.

That's what I meant by losing his bearings as in he wasn't sure if it was going wide or dropping in, thats why a shout from the defender could've helped, like I said, I don't blame him.

ancient hibee
26-03-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm afraid I do.Surely he should organise the defence to have players on the posts?

SuperAllyMcleod
26-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Efe's goal celebration was class , probably the best celebration iv seen at ER since benji against the poppy thieves

What? Even better than Jason lifting the imaginary cup to the Jambos?

brog
26-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Correct as we always do. Keatings had replaced Shinnie who obviously has more defensive nous.

Really what I meant, Shinnie is much taller & more physical than Keats. Just because Keats replaced him doesn't mean he necessarily has to take on his defensive responsibilities. We could & should have sorted that out at h/t.

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Really what I meant, Shinnie is much taller & more physical than Keats. Just because Keats replaced him doesn't mean he necessarily has to take on his defensive responsibilities. We could & should have sorted that out at h/t.

Cummings is our main goal threat and Boyle's pace will scare any defence.

So that means that Keatings has to be one of the players brought back. Maybe he should have had a different assignment, but I'd assume part of his role would be to block a runner.

Equally Graham started marking at the near post but then lost his man and failed to react to the near post ball.

ekhibee
27-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Two really good goals, particularly the 2nd one and the Ambrose celebration is always worth watching. Thanks for the highlights!