PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes

birdspotter
25-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Great to see Stokes at the game today, he got a resounding reception as he took his seat in the West Stand.
However watching that turdid display from our men up front I just wished he was playing today rather than watching!

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Jim Leighton was in the west lower today...was a day forMerlin players.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
25-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Great to see Stokes at the game today, he got a resounding reception as he took his seat in the West Stand.
However watching that turdid display from our men up front I just wished he was playing today rather than watching!

And here's me thinking that we were all applauding his wummin.

matty_f
25-03-2017, 08:03 PM
He was good enough to get a photo with my son, made his day. Great to see him back and great to see him get a good reception.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 08:05 PM

That's certainly why I was on my feet clapping, didn't even know it was him beside her to be honest.

Eyrie
25-03-2017, 08:07 PM

That's certainly why I was on my feet clapping, didn't even know it was him beside her to be honest.

You two must have made him that nervous that he kept a firm grip of her hand the whole time.

25-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Stokesy seems to be a bit of a proper hibs boy these days.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 08:09 PM
You two must have made him that nervous that he kept a firm grip of her hand the whole time.

Probably with good reason tbf

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Probably with good reason tbf

She had a baby 4 weeks ago

Wilson
25-03-2017, 08:12 PM

Well then he can let go of her hand now...

bingo70
25-03-2017, 08:15 PM

She's looking well for it. He really was on fire 10 months ago.

That's enough creepy comments from me on this thread though, hopefully he fancies setting up home in Edinburgh and he signs olio for next season.

inglisavhibs
25-03-2017, 08:20 PM

Stokes had plenty poor displays as a Hibs player as well, so much so that many Hibs fans wanted rid long before the cup final. Today was a tense winner takes all type game and difficult to shine as a forward. Don't like or get this slagging of our current players. They have taken us to another cup semi and hopefully won us the league.

Ringothedog
25-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Stokes had plenty poor displays as a Hibs player as well, so much so that many Hibs fans wanted rid long before the cup final. Today was a tense winner takes all type game and difficult to shine as a forward. Don't like or get this slagging of our current players. They have taken us to another cup semi and hopefully won us the league.

Today was a good albeit tense game, I loved it and those players will win us this league allowing us to concentrate on the Semi final against Aberdeen.

HibsNutter
25-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Stokes and Cummings next season, with the proper preparation with a pre-season behind Stokes, will be frightening.

Davy Mac
25-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Stokes and Cummings next season, with the proper preparation with a pre-season behind Stokes, will be frightening.

I was thinking more Griffiths & Stokes next season but it might be fanciful but probably would mean SJM going in the opposite direction.

inglisavhibs
25-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Today was a good albeit tense game, I loved it and those players will win us this league allowing us to concentrate on the Semi final against Aberdeen.

Agreed!:agree:

Hillsidehibby
25-03-2017, 08:39 PM
Can I just say that i love Anthony Stokes ?

IberianHibernian
25-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Stokes had plenty poor displays as a Hibs player as well, so much so that many Hibs fans wanted rid long before the cup final. Today was a tense winner takes all type game and difficult to shine as a forward. Don't like or get this slagging of our current players. They have taken us to another cup semi and hopefully won us the league.Agree that slagging present players doesn`t help but even on his worst days last season Stokes was much , much better than players who are playing up front now . If we`d been able to re sign Stokes last summer I think we`d probably have clinched promotion already .

birdspotter
25-03-2017, 08:43 PM

Everybody has their opinion. Mine was that the front men had no vision, movement or fluidity about them today. Stokes might have provided that!
So not really a dig at the players just my opinion on today, another day might be different!!

Onion
25-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Anthony Stokes - Cup Winning Legend 2016

Davy Mac
25-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Anthony Stokes - Cup Winning Legend 2016

In truth, he was absolute top drawer in the Cup Final - MOTM that day by a country mile.

Big game player and can and will turn it on when required. LEGEND, ALWAYS.

ian omand
25-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Aye yir right.

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Stokes is brilliant. A Hibs legend.

Joe6-2
25-03-2017, 09:15 PM

Bet he doesn't!!!!

matty_f
25-03-2017, 09:16 PM

:agree:

mentalhibee
25-03-2017, 09:27 PM
All time hero after that cup final display!🇳🇬

YehButNoBut
25-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Stokes performance in the final was easily the main reason we won the cup, he was phenomenal that day.

Welcome at ER anytime he likes and hopefully will be back up front for us in the top league next season, will always be a legend for that day alone. :thumbsup:

The Harp Awakes
25-03-2017, 10:14 PM
He'll be back home next season.

Who was the last player to sign for us 3 times?

dp00
25-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Thomson ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
25-03-2017, 10:19 PM

Kevin Thomson. Originally then 2013 and then 2016

harpo
25-03-2017, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Bobby Smith in 70's/80's played three different spells for Hibs.

broonie27
25-03-2017, 11:03 PM

This 100%.

Stokes was bloody awful for many of his games with us last season. In fact Stubbs persisting with him and Cummings from January onwards was the main reason we fell away at the end of the season IMHO.

Football fans have goldfish like memories. I saw someone on here remembering Benji as a brilliant player the other day. Just about dropped my cheese and pickle sandwich.

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Can I just say that i love Anthony Stokes ?

Yes you can. And can I say the same.

houstonhibbee
25-03-2017, 11:20 PM
Did he not score both goals in the Inverness reply in the quarters, otherwise we would have been out

hfc rd
25-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Legend

Allant1981
26-03-2017, 07:46 AM
This 100%.

Stokes was bloody awful for many of his games with us last season. In fact Stubbs persisting with him and Cummings from January onwards was the main reason we fell away at the end of the season IMHO.

Football fans have goldfish like memories. I saw someone on here remembering Benji as a brilliant player the other day. Just about dropped my cheese and pickle sandwich.

sorry but what a load of rubbish, he was anything but "bloody awful" think folk were expecting him to come in and play and score like ronaldo

inglisavhibs
26-03-2017, 08:28 AM
sorry but what a load of rubbish, he was anything but "bloody awful" think folk were expecting him to come in and play and score like ronaldo
He was awful for the time it took him to get match fit which was about a month. His game steadily improved after that and ended with his brilliant display in the final.

Heisenberg
26-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Looks like he met up with a few of the boys last night for a fizzy pop and a catch up. I'm sure we'll see him back at ER soon.

Allant1981
26-03-2017, 08:48 AM
He was awful for the time it took him to get match fit which was about a month. His game steadily improved after that and ended with his brilliant display in the final.

again he was no where near awful, not sure what people were expecting