PDA

View Full Version : Keatsy - A Thank You

HiBremian
25-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Amazed that there isn't a thread for the lad tonight. He has set the tone of hibs.net for the weekend with that wonder strike. Take a bow, James.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
25-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Agree, thanks for a happy Saturday night James.
Canny wait to see the goal again, peach.

JimBHibees
25-03-2017, 07:50 PM
What a goal. Keatsys on fire. :flag:

Golden Bear
25-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Fantastic goal. If anything it gets better when you see the footage of it.

Bristolhibby
25-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Fantastic goal. If anything it gets better when you see the footage of it.

Any links?

Smartie
25-03-2017, 07:53 PM
A brilliant ball for the first goal and a sublime finish for the second.

Looked lively throughout too.

A really good day's work from Keatings and we have a lot to thank him for, as that was a very significant result there today.

If only he could add a bit of consistency.

It was a good time for him to remind us all what he is capable of.

rcarter1
25-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Tonight belongs to James, and the rest of the team for fighting until the end.

:top marks

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 08:42 PM
JK won that game for us today, and possibly the flag. That goal will probably be seen in weeks to come as one of the most important in the history of our club.

mutley
25-03-2017, 08:45 PM
He certainly made up for last weeks penalty , fair play Keatsy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fuzzywuzzy
25-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Any links?

Big Conrad's got it on his Facebook page😂

Brightside
25-03-2017, 09:04 PM
What a difference a week makes on Hibs.net. :wink:

matty_f
25-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Made up for last week and then some. Thank you Keatsy!

ehf
25-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Just demonstrates the thin line between between being a hero and a villain in sport. Keatings had already been in that position just outside the left corner of the box several times and arsed it up. Added to his floated, overhit corners, he was in for another (deserved) tanking on here until he produced that wonder-strike.

kaimendhibs
25-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Said at the time, its amazing how a curler from edge of the box can put so many smiles on so many faces. Take a bow James😁😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
25-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Glad he didn't listen to me telling him to beat his man!

If you'll forgive me mentioning 21/05/16 :greengrin, he played a gigantic part of us winning the cup. We were being pushed back before he came on. We looked knackered. He pressed in a way we hadn't done the whole game, and eased the pressure just enough on our midfield and defence for them to find their second wind. The rest is history.

Keatsie's on fire!

Gmack7
25-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Brilliant contribution today, wide left is surely his best position

SirDavidsNapper
25-03-2017, 09:49 PM
He was getting absolutely slated on the match thread before he scored. Only as good as your last wonder strike winner 😉

Mantis Toboggan
25-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Have slated him many times. Wasnt at the game but he is capable of that. Maybe better sub than starter?
Anyway, cheers JK, pretty much sealed it now.

The Harp Awakes
25-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Just demonstrates the thin line between between being a hero and a villain in sport. Keatings had already been in that position just outside the left corner of the box several times and arsed it up. Added to his floated, overhit corners, he was in for another (deserved) tanking on here until he produced that wonder-strike.

All very true but I would add that Keats is one of the few players in the squad capable of scoring a goal like that. I think the lad struggles with his confidence but definitely has talent. Great goal James take a bow,

Enough said
25-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Keats can break me in after that goal... as SDG knocked meback after Cup final

CorrieHibs
25-03-2017, 10:28 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1325818697509200&id=1016000805157659&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F101600080515 7659%2Fvideos%2F1325818697509200%2F&_rdr

Hi Heid Yin
25-03-2017, 10:38 PM
I've always liked Keatings, and can see how he frustrates others. He is talented if inconsistent, and todays strike showed him at his best - it was major and perhaps pivotal in our season.
A Big Well Done and Thank You Keats!

Unseen work
25-03-2017, 10:53 PM
He really frustrates me.

I really think he should be better and influence games more than he does.

Everyone knows that he is capable of a brilliant cross or a 20-30 yard screamer but it's rare you see it.

What is his best position? I don't think anyone knows, personally I would like to see him left mid as he has pace and good delivery.

Can't imagine him being here next season unfortunately.

Brilliant finish today however and got us a very important win.

Marco G
25-03-2017, 11:05 PM
He really frustrates me.

I really think he should be better and influence games more than he does.

Everyone knows that he is capable of a brilliant cross or a 20-30 yard screamer but it's rare you see it.

What is his best position? I don't think anyone knows, personally I would like to see him left mid as he has pace and good delivery.

Can't imagine him being here next season unfortunately.

Brilliant finish today however and got us a very important win.
Did you notice that he took on this shot with his right foot? Takes a lot of guts to come onto your weaker foot in the last minute and have a go! Glad he did, and hope you think he influenced this game to your satisfaction!

Unseen work
25-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Did you notice that he took on this shot with his right foot? Takes a lot of guts to come onto your weaker foot in the last minute and have a go! Glad he did, and hope you think he influenced this game to your satisfaction!

Yes and I'm delighted with his courage for doing that, that's not what I have questioned.

I however will not let one goal blind my overall analysis of him as a player.

Like I said, very good and important goal today.

tamig
25-03-2017, 11:31 PM
We lost a load on the left when Shinnie had to go off today. Keatings had some good deadvball deliveries but in.open play he did nowt. Until the goal that is. He won us the game with that strike but his introduction in the middle of the park coincided with Houstons mob getting on top imo.

lugz
25-03-2017, 11:34 PM
We lost a load on the left when Shinnie had to go off today. Keatings had some good deadvball deliveries but in.open play he did nowt. Until the goal that is. He won us the game with that strike but his introduction in the middle of the park coincided with Houstons mob getting on top imo.

He's not a winger like he was being played, struggles to get past a man but the one time he did he made the most of it.

Criswell
25-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Don't think I have celebrated a goal so much since a certain header last May! To win such a crucial game with almost the last kick of the game with such a sublime strike and against a team who have caused us no end of frustration at ER over the years was a further layer of icing. Well done James Keatings!

hfc rd
25-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Superb strike on his weaker right foot! A goal fit to win any game!

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Fantastic goal and hugely important ....... but he simply needs to be more consistent, he stunk up the place last weekend when it was his chance to make an impression over 90 minutes, until he does he will remain an impact player.

But what a goal !!! :thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
26-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Quite similar to riordans against hearts

26-03-2017, 12:09 AM
I think he will be with us next season and would be happy if he is.

In his post match interview on Hibs TV Lennon said he though he was excellent today but he also talks about aspects of his game where he can be a bit rash, which has been symptomatic of a lot of his play this season. He gives an example of this where he lashed at a volley in the 2nd half when he could have taken a touch 1st.

He's mostly complimentary though saying "...his deliveries at any level are excellent. They could be Premier League material, the balls he puts in and the whip and the pace and the control..."

Not sure if he meant to say Premiership or if he actually meant the Premier League (EPL).

Maybe we've yet to see the best of Keats and Lennon's the man who'll help him get there. Here's hoping.