PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie and Forster

Diclonius
25-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Any word on their injuries? Both doing well until they came off.

B.H.F.C
25-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Didn't think Forster was injured? I thought he was subbed because of his performance, thought he was awful. Good to see Hanlon back.

CL0762
25-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Aye I thought Forster went off due to the couple of shanked passes and then the body check on Aird, Lennon went straight for Hanlon after he committed that foul.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Any word on their injuries? Both doing well until they came off.

Forster was having an absolute mare.

Not someone I can take to at all.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 06:10 PM

He's good attacking the ball, just don't pass the ball to him

Steviethebear
25-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Thought he did ok, until those left hooks, obviously he hasn't got a left foot, hence why Hanlon came on, after Lennon blew his top a few times

DTS
25-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Forster is a perfectly good defender and has potential although he is absolutely useless with his left foot and in his defence we seemed determined to play passes to his week side this afternoon

Onceinawhile
25-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Foster was playing fine. He had a few shanked passes because he was forced to play on his left hand side, which is difficult for a right footed centre back.

If Paul Hanlon was fit to play he should have done.

Subbing JF like that was bogging man management.

B.H.F.C
25-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Foster was playing fine. He had a few shanked passes because he was forced to play on his left hand side, which is difficult for a right footed centre back.

Who cares about man management. He's paid to win games and his substitutions helped do that. We might not have gone that if Forster kept shanking the ball out the park.

Tom Hart RIP
25-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Shinnie has a shoulder injury. Hopefully not dislocated but have to wait and see. NL wasn't confident he'd make Wednesday

whiskas
25-03-2017, 06:27 PM
My take was Forster was subbed to give Hanlon a run out. Wasn't his greatest performance but wasn't an absolute nightmare imo

lucky
25-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Shinnie got nailed time and time again, Forster is a squad player who was having a mare when the ball was on the ground

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 06:30 PM
My take was Forster was subbed to give Hanlon a run out. Wasn't his greatest performance but wasn't an absolute nightmare imo

Foster was largely poor....his heading and distribution today were rank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Forster was awful today

--------
25-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Forster is a perfectly good defender and has potential although he is absolutely useless with his left foot and in his defence we seemed determined to play passes to his week side this afternoon

If he's so one-footed as to be 'absolutely useless with his left foot', and he has a 'weak side' to which his team-mates can't pass without him losing the ball, then he certainly ISN'T a 'perfectly good defender' at any professional level at all.

It beggars belief that a guy can be at a professional club for as long as he has been without the coaches making him work and work on his 'weak' foot until it isn't 'weak' any longer.

Hiber-nation
25-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Jordan did ok. Hasn't played a lot and struggled with distribution on his left side which is understandable.

Excellent sub by Lennon to bring Hanlon on, changed the shape of how we took it forward from defence.

WhileTheChief..

Agreed. I don't think it was a reflection on Forster's performance at all.

Billy Whizz
Agreed. I don't think it was a reflection on Forster's performance at all.

I agree, think he was surprised to get pulled off

Fritz
25-03-2017, 06:41 PM

Was working today so only a caught second half on radio. According to Craig Paterson he was stretching his calf and he predicted he would have to be subbed not long before he was. That was just after they'd slated him twice for hitting the ball straight out of play mind you. Sounded like Lennon was going mad at him too.

007 Mickey Weir
25-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Forster had a spat with Lennon. Bit unfair but Lennon ripped Forster after his two bad clearances. Forster shouted back and I thought k Lennon decided to sub him.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Forster had a spat with Lennon. Bit unfair but Lennon ripped Forster after his two bad clearances. Forster shouted back and I thought k Lennon decided to sub him.

Fair enough to me.

This isn't toy town football or Sunday amateur. If you can't concentrate to ensure you're not making daft mistakes then it's no exaggeration to say it costs people jobs. He did two in quick succession, why would Lennon wait until his next mistake?

The Baldmans Comb
25-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Forster is easily the worst centre half at the club.

Slow , cumbersome, zero composure, terrible distribution and his only redeeming quality is that he is a big lump hard to get past and can on occasions be a threat at the other end.

He was very poor and will now thankfully lose his place.

Hibby Bairn
25-03-2017, 06:59 PM

Slow , cumbersome, zero composure, terrible distribution and his only redeeming quality is that he is a big lump hard to get past and can on occasions be a threat at the other end.

That's the spirit.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-03-2017, 07:02 PM
I like Forster, athletic and dominant in the main. He was honking today though, in terms of his passing, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it.

Smartie
25-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Forster was excellent for about an hour.

He was starting to lose the head before he went off though. Obviously there were the dodgy clearances on his weaker side but he also didn't look great at the goal.

With Hanlon being on the bench, the change was a bit of a no-brainer and it did shore us up a bit.

It's pretty bold to change your back 4 in a game like that voluntarily but fair play to Lennon for making the change.

Some of the negative comments about Forster above are total nonsense though.

Harpandcastle
25-03-2017, 07:06 PM

I bet he was.

Radium
25-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Why was he playing at left centre back rather than right back leaving the Ambrose/ McGregor partnership together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Why was he playing at left centre back rather than right back leaving the Ambrose/ McGregor partnership together?

Because Lennon trusts Ambrose at RB more than Forster and rightly so...Forster is not mobile enough , or have the distribution to play RB...

Andy74
25-03-2017, 07:21 PM

Agree. He's miles away from being good enough I'm afraid.

bigwheel

Lennon said after the match that he felt Forster was tiring .

Tbh. I thought he had a pretty poor game....wasn't Lennon's view.

Billy Whizz
Because Lennon trusts Ambrose at RB more than Forster and rightly so...Forster is not mobile enough , or have the distribution to play RB...

Foster is a no nonsense centre half, can't play right back, as he's not comfortable on the ball. Just ask him to do what's he's good at

inglisavhibs
25-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Thought he did ok, until those left hooks, obviously he hasn't got a left foot, hence why Hanlon came on, after Lennon blew his top a few times
To be fair he was asked to play left centre back where he is always going to be awkward on the ball. Actually defended well in the first half. Great to have Paul back though.

familyman
25-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Lennon said after the match that he felt Forster was tiring .

Tbh. I thought he had a pretty poor game....wasn't Lennon's view.

Forster continually passed and headed the ball up field just anywhere.so often returned quickly...also hit far too many wild balls out of play.I thought over the years he would progress sadly he seems still to be kinda stuck not showing confidence or inspiring it around him.He has stepped in to help out really and doing his best so cannot be too critical of him but cannot see him as a first choice player anytime soon.He could do a good job perhaps elsewhere next year, I hope so as he tries hard and that is an aspect of his play we must admire.

Brightside
25-03-2017, 08:19 PM

If you can't kick a ball with your "bad" foot you simply shouldnt be doing the job.

Borderhibbie76
25-03-2017, 08:25 PM

Did u not see the quality of crosses from efe in the 2nd half...we'd never have got that from Forster at RB...that's why mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ronaldo7
25-03-2017, 08:29 PM
He's good attacking the ball, just don't pass the ball to him

That's like having a man down then Billy.

For me, after today, Jordan has shown he's not got it for us in the League above, and although Keats did the business today after 92 minutes, we'll need better for next season.

overdrive
Foster is a no nonsense centre half, can't play right back, as he's not comfortable on the ball. Just ask him to do what's he's good at

He was one of the only players to get pass marks in the second half of the relegation season where he was largely playing right back. He was also our bigggest goal threat back then playing at right back. To be fair, he has bulked up substantially since then so probably isn't as mobile.

West lower

Not one of his best games, but being played as the left side centre half isn't his position, so I feel for the guy.

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Forster continually passed and headed the ball up field just anywhere.so often returned quickly...also hit far too many wild balls out of play.I thought over the years he would progress sadly he seems still to be kinda stuck not showing confidence or inspiring it around him.He has stepped in to help out really and doing his best so cannot be too critical of him but cannot see him as a first choice player anytime soon.He could do a good job perhaps elsewhere next year, I hope so as he tries hard and that is an aspect of his play we must admire.

This about sums up my views too

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Forster was fine until his two shanks out the park. Think he's a very decent CH but prob the poorest of our current 5. Shows the strength we have in that position when all fit(if that ever happens)

hibee_girl
25-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Not one of his best games, but being played as the left side centre half isn't his position, so I feel for the guy.

Said this at the game, it's not his natural position. I thought he did well today though

Was surprised he wasn't at RB instead of Ambrose

tamig
25-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Jordon Forster was played wide left of the back three today. His left is as bad as Jason's right. The number of balls he screwed from his left side today was shocking. Basic stuff. No injury involved at all.

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Jordon Forster was played wide left of the back three today. His left is as bad as Jason's right. The number of balls he screwed from his left side today was shocking. Basic stuff. No injury involved at all.

We didn't play a back three today....

tamig
25-03-2017, 09:38 PM
We didn't play a back three today....

It looked that way to me. What makes you think it wasn't?

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 09:40 PM
It looked that way to me. What makes you think it wasn't?

Because it wasn't ...back 4...Ambrose RB, Stevenson LB

tamig
25-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Because it wasn't ...back 4...Ambrose RB, Stevenson LB

I don'tthink so. Not what I saw.

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 09:41 PM

Specsavers....time to google it

Unseen work
25-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Jordan is very physical and would put any part of his body on the line to stop a goal, a very brave player.

He can sometimes he too composed on the ball for my liking, maybe he thinks he is better on it than he is.

I personally don't get the argument for a right centre half not playing on the left hand side, it shouldn't make that big a difference imo.

I personally like him although I think his time here is limited.

Albanian Hibs
25-03-2017, 09:52 PM

We played 4 at the back today:

Ambrose McGregor Forster Stevenson

Hibee Mac
25-03-2017, 09:53 PM

Sorry but got to agree with bigwheel here it was definitely a back 4.

tamig
25-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Sorry but got to agree with bigwheel here it was definitely a back 4.

So in the second half especially, why was Forster the widest left defender? Was Lewis constantly out of position by being too far forward? I don't think for a minute that was a back.four today.

tamig
25-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Jordan is very physical and would put any part of his body on the line to stop a goal, a very brave player.

He can sometimes he too composed on the ball for my liking, maybe he thinks he is better on it than he is.

I personally don't get the argument for a right centre half not playing on the left hand side, it shouldn't make that big a difference imo.

I personally like him although I think his time here is limited.
Forster can only play right. That was proven today due to the constant failings on his left side. Paul Hanlon has played on the right with Fontaine on numerous occasions - and with much success - because Hanlon is competent on his right side as well as his left. Forster is incompetent on his left side.

B.H.F.C
25-03-2017, 10:28 PM
So in the second half especially, why was Forster the widest left defender? Was Lewis constantly out of position by being too far forward? I don't think for a minute that was a back.four today.

It was a back 4. Absolutely no question about it.

J-C
25-03-2017, 10:29 PM

That's how a back 4 operates when you have a wingback playing, Lewis was allowed to roam further forward when he got the chance, whereas Ambrose pretty much stayed back as he's a natural CH and was only filling in at RB. TBH Ambrose was caught out a few times because he kept drifting in to the centre instead of staying wide and hugging the sideline but they were definitely playing a back 4.

bigwheel
26-03-2017, 03:03 AM

This has to be a wind up....good one! [emoji106]

Super_JMcGinn
26-03-2017, 03:33 AM

The guy was solid for most of the match, give yourself a shake.

Super_JMcGinn
26-03-2017, 03:37 AM

You must have been watching a different game from everyone else then, crazy post.:crazy:

neil7908
26-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Forster is the definition of a no nonsense centre half.

His distribution is poor and for that reason he's going to really struggle to displace Hanlon or McGregor but I'd be more than happy to keep him at ER next season.

Borderhibbie76
26-03-2017, 08:02 AM
It was a back 4 mate deffo

Heisenberg
26-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Forster's decision making is poor for me. He often charges out of defence to try and win a ball he's go no chance of getting, that's what led to Baird getting through on goal yesterday. He's ok to chuck in if we have to but I'm extremely glad Hanlon is back.

The Leith Dutch
26-03-2017, 10:00 AM
If he's so one-footed as to be 'absolutely useless with his left foot', and he has a 'weak side' to which his team-mates can't pass without him losing the ball, then he certainly ISN'T a 'perfectly good defender' at any professional level at all.

It beggars belief that a guy can be at a professional club for as long as he has been without the coaches making him work and work on his 'weak' foot until it isn't 'weak' any longer.

While I actually like Forster as a player I do find it really bizarre that any professional football player can be useless with one of their feet.

I don't necessarily expect them not to have a weaker foot or a preferred one but I do expect them to be able to do the basics like passes and clearances to a high level with either foot.

That's purely down to a bit of hard work in training to make that happen - hit balls to JF's left side and have him hit passes and clearances under pressure from a team mate until he nails it.

Same with corners - the fact that Cummings is taking the corners is mental.
He's not even that good at it....just less awful than some of the others.

Surely it's a case of 2 or 3 of the midfield players stepping up (or being told to step up) and stay back in training hitting corners until they can hit a good one? Pisses me off that guys earning a six figure salary from Hibs to play football are not taking a team weakness and stepping up to be the solution - you'd think that spending an extra 30 - 60 minutes on doing just that in training for a few weeks and you'd be able to hit a decent corner.

Hibee Mac
26-03-2017, 10:59 AM
While I actually like Forster as a player I do find it really bizarre that any professional football player can be useless with one of their feet.

I don't necessarily expect them not to have a weaker foot or a preferred one but I do expect them to be able to do the basics like passes and clearances to a high level with either foot.

That's purely down to a bit of hard work in training to make that happen - hit balls to JF's left side and have him hit passes and clearances under pressure from a team mate until he nails it.

Same with corners - the fact that Cummings is taking the corners is mental.
He's not even that good at it....just less awful than some of the others.

Surely it's a case of 2 or 3 of the midfield players stepping up (or being told to step up) and stay back in training hitting corners until they can hit a good one? Pisses me off that guys earning a six figure salary from Hibs to play football are not taking a team weakness and stepping up to be the solution - you'd think that spending an extra 30 - 60 minutes on doing just that in training for a few weeks and you'd be able to hit a decent corner.

I totally agree it baffles me as well

tamig
26-03-2017, 11:58 AM
It was a back 4 mate deffo

I have thought things through and concede it was a back four yesterday. I didn't think the back line held it's shape too well though on several occasions.

makaveli1875
26-03-2017, 12:01 PM

messi and maradonna cant kick a ball with their right foot :greengrin

snooky
26-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Scarey to think how much better they would've been if they could.

HFCdeb
26-03-2017, 12:33 PM
I agree with Stubbs that Forster isn't good enough. My eyebrows nearly flew into space when I heard that Lennon was giving him another chance. He gives me the fear and any time I've seen him this season my heart is in my mouth and I feel sick.

I do hope Shinnie recovers quickly, I'd love to see what him, McGeouch and McGinn could do with a run of four or five games together.

Eyrie
26-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Let's have some perspective on Forster's role.

At the start of the season he was the fourth choice CH for a team in the second division of Scottish football. Yet some people seem to think that he should be playing like Maldini when he's only in the team because Hanlon wasn't fully recovered and Fontaine was injured, so someone had to play on the left side and it was never going to be McGregor who is a fixture on the right.

No-one would want Forster to be our regular starter, but he does a decent job as a no-nonsense CH who doesn't take risks when better players are missing.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 12:53 PM

Lennon wanted to give Hanlon some game time. That's good man management.

overdrive
26-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Lennon wanted to give Hanlon some game time. That's good man management.

Initially I thought he was being hooked due to his errors that had Lennon screaming at him but Lennon gave him a pretty good reception when he went off so I think it will have been to give Hanlon game time.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 01:07 PM
My eyebrows nearly flew into space when I heard that Lennon was giving him another chance.

That would make a brilliant YouTube video, mate. :hilarious

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 01:07 PM

Steven Fletcher is a one footed millionaire.

J-C
26-03-2017, 03:17 PM
I have thought things through and concede it was a back four yesterday. I didn't think the back line held it's shape too well though on several occasions.

This was due to Ambrose constantly moving inside instead of staying wider, remember he's a CH not a RB, Lewis on the other hand stays wide giving an out option wide left.

HFCdeb
26-03-2017, 03:52 PM
That would make a brilliant YouTube video, mate. :hilarious

Hahaha I'll get on it.

Smartie
26-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Initially I thought he was being hooked due to his errors that had Lennon screaming at him but Lennon gave him a pretty good reception when he went off so I think it will have been to give Hanlon game time.

Lennon said he thought Forster was tiring so he took him off.

That would make sense to me as he was immaculate for much of his time on the field but was getting increasingly ragged as the game went on.

Whichever way we look at it it was the right move to make at that time.

J-C
26-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Lennon said he thought Forster was tiring so he took him off.

That would make sense to me as he was immaculate for much of his time on the field but was getting increasingly ragged as the game went on.

Whichever way we look at it it was the right move to make at that time.

I agree I thought he was solid enough and looked a bit jaded, he's not really played a lot of football this year to be fair.