PDA

View Full Version : Brian Graham

hibeg
25-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Did more in 20 minutes than holt has done in 2 games. Must start midweek

B.H.F.C
25-03-2017, 06:20 PM
I'd give him a start on Wednesday. Think he's due one.

Thecat23
25-03-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm a huge fan of Holt but think he needs a rest. I'd also start Graham.

neil7908
25-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Definitely not his biggest fan but has scored more goals than Holt this season in a fraction of the time on the pitch.

Feeling very positive after the late winner and not wanting to knock individuals or the teams but can't understand some on here who seem to rate Holt. No chance he should be at ER next season.

ACLeith
25-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Holt's focus is to bully defenders and then think about winning the ball. Up against a better quality of defender today he gets nowhere. Graham focuses on the ball and it worked better.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 06:25 PM
I've slated Graham more or less since he signed as I've thought he is a dreadful player but I thought he was excellent when he came on today, really good contribution.

Not convinced he's a long term solution for the team but I would consider starting him on Wednesday just to see how he does.

DTS
25-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Personally feel holt gives us more of a presence up front but for me graham should start Wednesday, earned it in his cameos the last 2 games and holt needs a rest.

hibeg
25-03-2017, 06:35 PM
He flicked the ball onto Keatings to score the winner. I counted he lost 2 headers, Did Holt win that many up top ???

bingo70
25-03-2017, 06:42 PM
He flicked the ball onto Keatings to score the winner. I counted he lost 2 headers, Did Holt win that many up top ???

No but Holt offers something completely different.

Holt holds the ball in, wins free kicks and links up with the midfield better but late on when balls were getting thrown into the box Graham won the headers better.

They both did a job today so no need to play them off against each other.

skyhibs
25-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Would love to see graham getting a start, if only so huddy holt doesn't get a game.... so many people love him but I just don't see it.... anyway fantastic result combined with Morton losing today....

skyhibs
25-03-2017, 06:43 PM

Holt holds the ball in, wins free kicks and links up with the midfield better but late on when balls were getting thrown into the box Graham won the headers better.

Holt offers absolutely nothing

The_Sauz
25-03-2017, 06:44 PM
I thought Hold was a better defender today :agree:

Heisenberg
25-03-2017, 06:44 PM
He was miles better than Holt today and as suggested should start the next match.

500miles
25-03-2017, 06:46 PM
I thought supply to the forwards was much better when Hanlon came on, which was key.

emerald green
25-03-2017, 06:46 PM
I would play Graham from the start on Wednesday night. He deserves a start. Holt looked really tired when he was taken off.

hibeg
25-03-2017, 06:47 PM

I'm not playing them off. I don't rate Holt and think he was murder today, and most weeks !!!

I don't see him holding the ball up often and IMO adds little to the team . I know there is a big split between people about him and I'm firmly in the camp that he is a waste of a jersey until maybe the last 20 minutes

thebakerboy
25-03-2017, 06:50 PM
If Holt actually did all the things people say he does he would be great but as he is a target man/striker he needs to be up front and not in right back, centre midfield, and other positions . If he took up the position he is supposed to (ie the no9 position ) he would be do much more for the team. So often when we play the long ball the only player challenging is Jason Cummings and he wins very little in the air. Give me Brian Graham any time as he at least plays up front.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Holts only job today was to hold the ball up. I don't think he did it once and several times he fell over the ball.
I'd still give him the first 45 on wed.

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 06:52 PM
I've slated Graham more or less since he signed as I've thought he is a dreadful player but I thought he was excellent when he came on today, really good contribution.

Not convinced he's a long term solution for the team but I would consider starting him on Wednesday just to see how he does.

Exactly my thoughts. He at least won a few headers today.

1van Sprou7e
25-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Holt has had a bad few games but he's been an important player for us this season imo

Leith Green
25-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Holys biggest problem is that he is competing for the ball forty yards from the oppositioms goal, when he wins it and we attack then he cant get anywhere near being on the end of things. Its glaringly obvious for me. The amount of crosses we put in the box after holt wins a knock on and there is nobody on the end of is ridiculous

bingo70
25-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Holt has had a bad few games but he's been an important player for us this season imo

Of course he has.

A lot of people on this thread with a short memory imo.

Ozyhibby
25-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Every week more and more Hibs fans realise they know absolutely nothing about football as they admit that they think he's hopeless. At this rate we are going to end up as thick as yams. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squire
25-03-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm fed up of watching Holt if I'm entirely honest. He likes the physical battle but offers nothing in other aspects of being a footballer like jumping for headers, linking with teammates and actually moving in the right direction to score a goal/posing any sort of scoring threat at all.

Graham definitely worked himself into a starting place today.

ancient hibee
25-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Holt spent the first half shouting to the midfielders to get past him for knock ons.Frankly they were hopeless.I started counting after 20 minutes and 7 times he got to the ball first and played it on for someone to run on to-nobody did.For those that said he does nothing I can only think they sit in the East and the sun was in their eyes.

Scooter
25-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Was it not Graham marking their goal scorer

emerald green
25-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Was it not Graham marking their goal scorer

Was anyone marking him?

RyeSloan
25-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Holt spent the first half shouting to the midfielders to get past him for knock ons.Frankly they were hopeless.I started counting after 20 minutes and 7 times he got to the ball first and played it on for someone to run on to-nobody did.For those that said he does nothing I can only think they sit in the East and the sun was in their eyes.

Sun was in my eyes which was a relief as it eased the pain of watching Holt today..

The guy has done us proud in a number of games and has certainly played his part in this promotion season but gawd he was awful today and will surely be rested mid week.

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Graham should start on Wed.

Holt was a waste of a jersey today. I think he won 2 headers all game and got bullied the rest.

CRAZYHIBBY
Have to say I'm not a fan of Holt

Hiber-nation
I thought supply to the forwards was much better when Hanlon came on, which was key.

Yep, having 2 right footed centre backs is not great, he made a big difference to the way we took it out of defence.

Re Graham, I'd definitely start him on Wednesday. Holty has run out of gas although he didn't get much help up there today.

snooky
25-03-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm fed up of watching Holt if I'm entirely honest. He likes the physical battle but offers nothing in other aspects of being a footballer like jumping for headers, linking with teammates and actually moving in the right direction to score a goal/posing any sort of scoring threat at all.

Graham definitely worked himself into a starting place today.
Agree with your assessment. When the ball is at his feet he always looks like someone who has a bit of chewing gum stuck to the sole of his shoe and the pavement.

we are hibs
25-03-2017, 07:33 PM
There really are some absolute morons in our support. So holt didn't play well today. so what? Over the season he's done a job. Which is more than can be said for guys like Harris who is stealing a wage.

Big_Franck
25-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Holt was brutal again today. Thought he was great at home to Hearts but he has far too many games like today. It goes without saying that he offers no goal threat, ridiculous for a striker really, but lately he has contributed very little. I'd start Graham on Wednesday because he's due his chance and because he can't be any worse than Holt was today.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Graham should start on Wed.

Holt was a waste of a jersey today. I think he won 2 headers all game and got bullied the rest.

Maybe worth mentioning that I thought their centre half, grant was it? Was absolute superb today.

Not often I notice opposition players but thought he was excellent,

pontius pilate
25-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I've enjoyed Graham in his last two cameo appearances good link up with midfield and up front. Holt for me looks like he is running out of gas more easily in the last couple of games. If start Graham on Wednesday maybe with Keatings.

SteveHFC
25-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Have to say I'm not a fan of Holt

Neither are my.

Graham deserves a start on Wednesday.

Pete
25-03-2017, 07:43 PM
There really are some absolute morons in our support. So holt didn't play well today. so what? Over the season he's done a job.

:agree:

Usual idiots around me were giving him pelters for not winning much in the air. Fair enough, he was watched well but that's not his game. He likes to hold the ball up with his body and feed players who make runs.
Anyway, what's the point of winning headers and flicking on when you are the most advanced player?

Lennon knows that Graham is better in the air and isn't stupid so maybe it's time for all the computer game Mourinhos out there to realise that maybe the manager knows what he's doing. Definitely horses for courses as far as the #9 jersey is concerned and he was right to bring Graham on when he did.

Chill...we have some great options up top and like it or not Holt is one of them.

Pete
25-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Maybe worth mentioning that I thought their centre half, grant was it? Was absolute superb today.

Not often I notice opposition players but thought he was excellent,

I thought Falkirk defended well as a whole.

They kept Cummings quiet today but it looks like Holt is the easier target.

B.H.F.C
25-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Holt was brutal again today. Thought he was great at home to Hearts but he has far too many games like today. It goes without saying that he offers no goal threat, ridiculous for a striker really, but lately he has contributed very little. I'd start Graham on Wednesday because he's due his chance and because he can't be any worse than Holt was today.

Sums it up for me. Has the odd game where he is excellent but iargely pretty average. Today I thought he was very poor.

No league goals in 5 months, in this league, is diabolical for a striker whatever way it's dressed up.

I'm no fan of Graham really but he's made a bit of a difference In his last few sub appearances and I think he probably deserves a chance.

Bishop Hibee
25-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Graham is far more mobile and a bigger goal threat. Play him from the start on Wednesday.

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 07:57 PM
There really are some absolute morons in our support. So holt didn't play well today. so what? Over the season he's done a job. Which is more than can be said for guys like Harris who is stealing a wage.

That's really harsh. I like holt and I see what he brings to the team, but what makes you think your opinion of him is anymore valid or informed than anyone else's?

wookie70
25-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Barring the odd game I think Holt has been poor all year. Graham has looked very lively in the last month and it is beyond me how little game time he has had considering how effective he is when he plays. We look quicker, he wins more balls in the air, he gets in the box, he scores, looks dangerous, moves defenders about just as good at linking play as Holt etc. He is doing all the things Holt doesn't do very often. He must get more game time between now and the end of the season. Holt looks completely finished to me and was like a statue for large parts of today.

ian omand
25-03-2017, 09:03 PM

Agree it's all about the manager deciding when it's time for change.
This time it worked.

Andy74
25-03-2017, 09:04 PM
I'm a big fan of Holt but wasn't his day today. Would agree Graham deserves a start. One worry is we never seem to play well when we do rest Holt.

edwards
25-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Holt didn't have the best of games today but has been an important player over the season, the only trouble with Graham and Keatings when you put them on from the start they don't seem to provide the same determination absolutely baffling.

Ozyhibby
I'm a big fan of Holt but wasn't his day today. Would agree Graham deserves a start. One worry is we never seem to play well when we do rest Holt.

We haven't really been played well either way this season. I think there are more changes than just Holt needed in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian omand

Agree it's all about the manager deciding when it's time for change.
This time it worked.

Baldy Foghorn
26-03-2017, 12:11 AM

Stop it:faf::faf::faf:

Sir David Gray
26-03-2017, 12:14 AM
I thought Graham was very good yesterday. I'm not convinced that he'll be the answer going forward and I wouldn't necessarily see him as a regular starter but he was very effective when he came on and Falkirk's defenders couldn't really deal with his aerial presence.

MWHIBBIES
26-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Sad that we can't praise a player without insulting another. Graham made an impact today, fair play to him. Holt has made an impact all season and has helped us win many games.

Lancs Harp
I thought Graham was very good yesterday. I'm not convinced that he'll be the answer going forward and I wouldn't necessarily see him as a regular starter but he was very effective when he came on and Falkirk's defenders couldn't really deal with his aerial presence.

Going forward ie the SPL neither Graham or Holt provide the answer.

Baldy Foghorn
Sad that we can't praise a player without insulting another. Graham made an impact today, fair play to him. Holt has made an impact all season and has helped us win many games.

:top marks

Fishwicke
26-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Holt spent the first half shouting to the midfielders to get past him for knock ons.Frankly they were hopeless.I started counting after 20 minutes and 7 times he got to the ball first and played it on for someone to run on to-nobody did.For those that said he does nothing I can only think they sit in the East and the sun was in their eyes.I sit in the east and agree with you. Holt gets no support from midfield. I know he was signed as a striker but sometimes I think he is doing their midfield job for them and has to drop back to get involved in the game. Hibs should be pushing forward more than they do.

hibee_girl
26-03-2017, 12:36 AM

:agree:

Also wanted to point out Holt's defending today, off the top of my head I can think of two occasions he won the ball defending a set piece and managed to play it out calmly. At one point he was in the back 4 for a few minutes!

SMAXXA
26-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Both have contributed to a likely promotion and in different ways. I'm not convinced either are good enough for next season and I'd be looking to replace both. Graham for a big lad doesn't win as much in the air as he should for me. Not going to slag either just we need to improve to take us onto the next level

California-Hibs
26-03-2017, 12:46 AM
I'm a huge fan of Holt but think he needs a rest. I'd also start Graham.

This is where I'm at

hfc rd
26-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Why did he get booked for?

Captain Trips
26-03-2017, 01:54 AM
Taking JC out of the following.

All our forwards I have no doubt are and have given 100% this season. For me though they have all been below average. I agree Graham should be given 90mins v Morton.

danhibees1875
26-03-2017, 02:45 AM

:faf:

Jones28
26-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Holt focuses too much time on bullying defenders. I also lost count of the number of decent deliveries Stevenson put in (he was terrrific today and my MOTM) only for Holt to be standing 10 yards away from him and nowhere near the dangerous areas he needs to be in.

He has made a really solid contribution but give him a rest on Wednesday and let Graham show us what he can do.

hibee-boys
26-03-2017, 08:01 AM
I appreciate that Holt has been effective in a number of games and his link up play has contributed to us creating chances. However, we need a number 9 that can do this run of the mill work whilst also contributing a reasonable goal return. 3/4 goals so far this season, in the championship.....nobody can deny that's poor.

Borderhibbie76
26-03-2017, 08:06 AM
I thought Falkirk defended well as a whole.

They kept Cummings quiet today but it looks like Holt is the easier target.
Was just gonna post the same mate...I was equally frustrated at Holt today but he was no worse than Cummings who was pretty anonymous

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
26-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Was just gonna post the same mate...I was equally frustrated at Holt today but he was no worse than Cummings who was pretty anonymous

Didn't help that the service received by Cummings yesterday amounted to a load of hoofs aimed at his lovely quiff. I'd say Graham deserves a proper chance on Wednesday. I'm sure he's scored more than Holt despite being on the bench all season and proved yesterday to be a bigger nuisance to the opposition defence.

PiemanP
26-03-2017, 08:17 AM
My criticism of Graham is he's a big lad but doesn't seem to put himself about as much as he should. Seems a bit mouse hearted. Actually he was much better yesterday at this so maybe it's something that Lennon has identified.

Not easy for him making short cameo appearances every other week though and I'd start him on Wednesday as I really don't think holt can do two games a week.

Mikey09
26-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Would love to see graham getting a start, if only so huddy holt doesn't get a game.... so many people love him but I just don't see it.... anyway fantastic result combined with Morton losing today....

Deary me. :rolleyes:

WeeRussell
26-03-2017, 08:47 AM
That's really harsh. I like holt and I see what he brings to the team, but what makes you think your opinion of him is anymore valid or informed than anyone else's?

Yes, and where was the need for the random attack on Harris?

Borderhibbie76
26-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Yes, and where was the need for the random attack on Harris?
As an aside where the f### is Harris??

we are hibs
26-03-2017, 09:10 AM

Because every thread on here about a forward player turns into a let's slag grant holt thread.

Reaper
26-03-2017, 09:36 AM
I agree that Graham was excellent when he came on, massive contribution.

I also think, however, he was so successful in the air as their CH's were blowing hard by the time he came on, largely down to Holts graft in the 1st 70 mins.

Just my opinion but I think that was part of the managers game plan. Excellent tactics against they hoofers. Just my opinion mind.

overdrive
26-03-2017, 09:40 AM
I agree that Graham was excellent when he came on, massive contribution.

I also think, however, he was so successful in the air as their CH's were blowing hard by the time he came on, largely down to Holts graft in the 1st 70 mins.

Just my opinion but I think that was part of the managers game plan. Excellent tactics against they hoofers. Just my opinion mind.

I agree. He seems to play better coming on when we are chasing the game and defenders are tiring a bit. He hasn't really done it when he starts a game.

Eaststand
26-03-2017, 09:41 AM
As an aside where the f### is Harris??

After reading that post, has anyone else now got the Alice, Alice who the ****** was Alice (the daft wee party song) in their heads now :-0

GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
26-03-2017, 09:42 AM
After reading that post, has anyone else now got the Alice, Alice who the ****** was Alice (the daft wee party song) in their heads now :-0

GGTTH
😂😂👍👍

Mikey09
26-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Because every thread on here about a forward player turns into a let's slag grant holt thread.

Absolutely spot on mate. Well said. It's pretty tedious now.

lord bunberry
26-03-2017, 09:44 AM

GGTTH

I didn't, but I do now.

Smartie
26-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Holt was poor yesterday but has been generally good over the season. I agree that he'd be better if he had at least one midfielder trying to get beyond him, which never seems to happen. I also agree that Grant had a brilliant game against him yesterday - he seemed ready for the battle, knew what to expect and got stuck in.

Not sure I'd drop Holt after (imo) one bad game but Graham did make a difference when he came on, which was good to see.

I think the jury is out on a few players for next season. We have a few players who clearly offer something but don't show anything like enough consistency, or who have strengths but glaring deficiencies in their game. Shinnie, Holt, Keatings and Graham all fall into this category.

hfc rd
26-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Why was he booked when Keatings scored?

hibee_girl
26-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Why was he booked when Keatings scored?

For leaving the pitch

Winston Ingram
26-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Holt was a disgrace yesterday.

I work out what the hell he's up to. He won 1 header all game and he barely even tried to win any others. And wtf is this popping up on the wings pish. No wonder he's only managed 1 league goal from open play in the league this year. He looks absolutely terrified of the box. When he gets in there he makes no effort to make himself available for a cross.

I can't believe it took til the 70th minute to sub him.

Graham changed the game when he came on. He won nearly every header he went for. Has to start on Wed.

Smartie
26-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Holt was a disgrace yesterday.

I work out what the hell he's up to. He won 1 header all game and he barely even tried to win any others. And wtf is this popping up on the wings pish. No wonder he's only managed 1 league goal from open play in the league this year. He looks absolutely terrified of the box. When he gets in there he makes no effort to make himself available for a cross.

I can't believe it took til the 70th minute to sub him.

Graham changed the game when he came on. He won nearly every header he went for. Has to start on Wed.

A bit strong.

He had a poor game, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

But I prefer to save the disgrace comments for Rowan Vine wandering around stroking his beard and Paul Tosh jumping out of tackles.

GreenLake
26-03-2017, 05:15 PM
The referee signaled that Falkirk could play the game Houston wanted by not booking the first brutal challenge in the first few seconds. Holt was trying to fight off the hits from the back and didn't find it easy to win any balls. The passing game we like to play was made difficult by frequent fouling and the pitch surface wasn't great. Graham deserves a chance after his play yesterday but I don't think he will keep Holt on the bench for long.

Winston Ingram
26-03-2017, 05:37 PM
A bit strong.

He had a poor game, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

But I prefer to save the disgrace comments for Rowan Vine wandering around stroking his beard and Paul Tosh jumping out of tackles.

It probably is but as the lack of effort he put in to winning headers was embarrassing. He rarely even jumped. Just waved his arms about once he was beaten. Graham came on and one every single one.

cabbageandribs1875
26-03-2017, 05:39 PM

iirc he won one header(1st half) and had the cheek to wave his hands about at JC for not realising he would eventually win a flick on

inglisavhibs
27-03-2017, 04:14 PM

Amazing how guys who are subs become great players when someone has a bad game! Holt more than anyone has helped us win the games that matter this year, sure he is past his very best but he has been good enough to do the job he has been brought in to do. Think you should do a wee poll with our our players and I think you will find they all appreciate his influence on our team and season. If Graham was better than Holt don't you think Lennon would have played him from the start more often? That said Graham has also done his bit this season (as have all the players) and may start on Wednesday as Holt doesn't get asked to play three games in eight days too often.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2017, 04:26 PM
If Holt actually did all the things people say he does he would be great but as he is a target man/striker he needs to be up front and not in right back, centre midfield, and other positions . If he took up the position he is supposed to (ie the no9 position ) he would be do much more for the team. So often when we play the long ball the only player challenging is Jason Cummings and he wins very little in the air.

Absobloodylutely.:top marks

EastCalderHibby
27-03-2017, 05:18 PM

Leahy had hold in his pocket all day

bigwheel
27-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Leahy had hold in his pocket all day

Holt didn't play against Leahy....Leahy was playing left back against Boyle surely...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
27-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Holt has provided pretty much what I thought he would when we signed him, certainly has done a decent job and I would probably rather he starts most of the upcoming matches over Graham. I'm glad that Graham made a good contribution when he came on, hopefully he can continue to deliver when called upon, be it from the start or off the bench.

greenlex
27-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Holt didn't play against Leahy....Leahy was playing left back against Boyle surely...

Yup. I think it was Grant?

CockneyRebel
27-03-2017, 05:58 PM
It probably is but as the lack of effort he put in to winning headers was embarrassing. He rarely even jumped. Just waved his arms about once he was beaten. Graham came on and one every single one.

It's hard to jump with someone hanging onto your shoulders!

Winston Ingram
27-03-2017, 06:00 PM

Didn't bother Brian Graham. He won nearly every header we he came on.

ancient hibee
27-03-2017, 06:25 PM

Don't think there is room for facts on threads like this.

The Modfather
27-03-2017, 06:27 PM

That might be true, but not that relevant from Saturdays game. Holt seemed to have some bizarre idea to want to constantly roll the defender rather than actually try and head the ball. The defender just stood his ground and headed it away.

I agree with what a striker like Holt brings to a side, and agree we need that type of striker in our squad, but I can't help but feel a bit short changed that Holt is one of our main strikers given the fans have done their bit and more this season with the money we have put into the club. That's not Holts fault he was signed, but the scouting department needs to deliver a lot more next season.

Dashing Bob S
27-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Holt hasn't been prolific scorer, and is maybe a bit tired. I'd give him a half and see how he goes, let him bash them up a little, then bring on Graham. It wasn't a tangible, because little came off him on Saturday, but I think the attitude Holt brings underscores to teams like Falkirk that can no longer bullied out of games.

Smartie
27-03-2017, 06:48 PM
That might be true, but not that relevant from Saturdays game. Holt seemed to have some bizarre idea to want to constantly roll the defender rather than actually try and head the ball. The defender just stood his ground and headed it away.

I agree with what a striker like Holt brings to a side, and agree we need that type of striker in our squad, but I can't help but feel a bit short changed that Holt is one of our main strikers given the fans have done their bit and more this season with the money we have put into the club. That's not Holts fault he was signed, but the scouting department needs to deliver a lot more next season.

Holt certainly divides opinion but there are plenty of us out there who are happy with what he has brought and don't feel in the least short-changed.

Yes, he has his weaknesses but we've been crying out for players who are a bit streetwise, who rough up defenders and use their experience. We got a lot with Holt, albeit his scoring record has been very disappointing.

There was only one target this season - to go up. If we get up then the season has been a success, and Holt will have played a big part in that.