PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeough

California-Hibs
25-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Loved having him back in today. We miss that drive he has and ability to thread a ball through the middle. His little deft touches are a joy as well. Please oh please let him stay fit and in the middle for the remainder of the season. Him and McGinn playing together is when we're at our best.

houstonhibbee
25-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Loved having him back in today. We miss that drive he has and ability to thread a ball through the middle. His little deft touches are a joy as well. Please oh please let him stay fit and in the middle for the remainder of the season. Him and McGinn playing together is when we're at our best.
seemed to have no problem lasting 90 minutes on the glue pot

neil7908
25-03-2017, 05:20 PM

Last paragraph is spot on.

He wasn't at his best today but understandable if he's a bit rusty. Games where we want to take it to the opposition we need to have Mcgeough and Mcginn in the centre of the pitch. With Shinnie and Boyle out wide that should give us the attacking threat we need for the remainder of the season.

If all of our midfielders are fit for the Aberdeen game Lennon will have some tough decisions to make.

stantonhibby
25-03-2017, 05:24 PM
seemed to have no problem lasting 90 minutes on the glue pot

Pitch looked ok to me

HibernianJK
25-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Really was head and shoulders above anyone today and by my count gave the ball away and grand total of once. In my opinion he is our best player. Whoever gave Ambroses MOTM needs their eyes tested.

jeffers
25-03-2017, 05:36 PM
I thought he started off OK, but as the game went on his performance was no more than average. He plays far too deep, if he wants to influence the game where it matters he should be much further up the field. Taking the ball outside his own box and making a sideways pass or a 5 or 10 yard forward one doesn't hurt any team. Too often Marvin Bartley was ahead of him, surely it should be the other way round.

I don't know if he was injured or thought he was, but he looked sluggish as the game wore on and was feeling his right hamstring.

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Really was head and shoulders above anyone today and by my count gave the ball away and grand total of once. In my opinion he is our best player. Whoever gave Ambroses MOTM needs their eyes tested.

Opinions eh! Thought he was average at best today, Bartley was my MOTM

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Opinions eh! Thought he was average at best today, Bartley was my MOTM

Bartley was reall good, but though Lewis was man of the match!
All about opinions, good ones though!

ancient hibee
25-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Couldn't agree less.He was neat and tidy as he always is but obviously rusty and did well to last considering he was running on empty for the last twenty.I don't expect him to be fit to start on Wednesday but he did his bit today although four or five did even more.

JimBHibees
25-03-2017, 05:57 PM
He was one of the few players with any composure. A real footballer we really do need to find a space for him.

Borderhibbie76
25-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Bartley was reall good, but though Lewis was man of the match!
All about opinions, good ones though!
Wee Lewis for me.today too...the wee fella was outstanding

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 06:36 PM

Aird ran rings round The grass the other night, Lewis kept him pretty quiet. Wee mans getting better and better

hfc rd
25-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Please please please please please please please please stay fit Dylan!

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Dylan is getting himself fit in time to win the cup again. Great wee player who's worth keeping despite his injury problems.

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 06:55 PM
He was my MOM today....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smartie
25-03-2017, 06:58 PM

I loved that bonecruncher he put in towards the end of the game when he covered a lot of ground to get over towards our right side midway in their half.

Not an inch was given.

Lewis did indeed have a very good game today.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Great to have Dylan back, oozes confidence on the ball. The 90 mins will have done him a world of good, physically and mentally. Also great for the manager to have a selection problem in midfield

hibee_girl
25-03-2017, 07:30 PM

That's who my grandad picked as his MOTM, it was Bartley for me.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Now that he's back fit again, I get to enjoy the hundred different ways that people can come up with to spell his surname! :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Aird ran rings round The grass the other night, Lewis kept him pretty quiet. Wee mans getting better and better

:agree:

Lancs Harp
25-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Dylan was neat and tidy and pleasing on the eye. However despite the result today our midfield lacked creativity and was pretty static. Dylan is far more effective next to McGinn (and McGinn more effective next to Dylan).

Bartley was my MOTM. I actually thought Ambrose had his poorest game in a Hibs shirt despite his goal and to me was clearly uncomfortable playing right back.

As a fans message board we like to chew the fat over all things Hibs. We didnt play very well (again) today but in many respects it no longer matters, its about getting over the line and getting the result and we achieved that.

I bet NL went ballistic when we conceeded that equaliser, and quite right too.

18Hibee75
25-03-2017, 10:17 PM
He never panicks and always seems to find a pass, he calms the team down when needed but can also drive us forward with some tremendous passes, IMO I think he should be one of the first names on the sheet each week

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

snooky
25-03-2017, 10:21 PM
He never panicks and always seems to find a pass, he calms the team down when needed but can also drive us forward with some tremendous passes, IMO I think he should be one of the first names on the sheet each week

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
Personally, I prefer Dylan to SJM - if only he could stay fit.

Unseen work
25-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Where would folk play him? And with who?

snooky
25-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Dylan was neat and tidy and pleasing on the eye. However despite the result today our midfield lacked creativity and was pretty static. Dylan is far more effective next to McGinn (and McGinn more effective next to Dylan).

Bartley was my MOTM. I actually thought Ambrose had his poorest game in a Hibs shirt despite his goal and to me was clearly uncomfortable playing right back.

As a fans message board we like to chew the fat over all things Hibs. We didnt play very well (again) today but in many respects it no longer matters, its about getting over the line and getting the result and we achieved that.

I bet NL went ballistic when we conceeded that equaliser, and quite right too.

I thought Bartley was emmense - especially in the second half.

Deansy
25-03-2017, 11:21 PM

Agreed - when both are playing I always feel confident !

HibernianJK
25-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Where would folk play him? And with who?

I think it's clear his best position is as a deep lying CM who can control games but also drive us forward. I do think we need another creative type with him and there wasn't an awful lot going forward between him and Marv. In saying that, we don't have that Scott Allan type player (not standard, type) who can unlock defences. I can't wait to see him and McGinn back together.

Unseen work
26-03-2017, 12:13 AM
I think it's clear his best position is as a deep lying CM who can control games but also drive us forward. I do think we need another creative type with him and there wasn't an awful lot going forward between him and Marv. In saying that, we don't have that Scott Allan type player (not standard, type) who can unlock defences. I can't wait to see him and McGinn back together.

I personally think he's better with someone a bit deeper than him passing it quickly into him and letting him drive forward and commit players.

My midfield would be a centre 3 of Mcgeouch Fyvie and Mcginn, Fyvie playing the deepest.

I love Bartley but then them 3 are all fit that's what I would play as they all have a lot of aggression, energy, drive, dig and most importantly good on the ball.

I can particularly see that being deployed next season if fitness of them 3 allows it with Pacey wingers.

Forza Fred
26-03-2017, 04:20 AM
He was one of the few players with any composure. A real footballer we really do need to find a space for him.

At half time I posted that he was the only one trying to play football!