PDA

View Full Version : Efe's Goal Celebration

iwasthere1972
25-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Gets a :top marks from Len.

I'd love to see Grant Holt trying that. :greengrin

California-Hibs
25-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Hopefully someone's got a video of it! It was a beauty, puts Mixu's to shame! 😉😄

hfc rd
25-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Fantastic celebration!

thebakerboy
25-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Id just like Grant Holt to score a goal.

Eyrie
25-03-2017, 05:58 PM
The longer it went on, the more worried I was that he'd injure himself!

erin go bragh
25-03-2017, 06:18 PM

I was too busy celebrating to see it 😀
Anybody got it on film?

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 06:21 PM
He went up to Lennon after the celebration as well.

Tamhere1875
25-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Ok

vincipernoi
25-03-2017, 06:33 PM
this is the general idea but wrong shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=443o1SAjKjo

worcesterhibby
25-03-2017, 06:35 PM

Can you imagine Ally Mcleod doing that back in the late 70's !! would have been forward rolls ! :greengrin

pontius pilate
25-03-2017, 06:41 PM
I've said it since he has been with us the guy is different class. He does the simple things easy and his crossing of the ball is brilliant. As long as he doesn't try to play football though

SMAXXA
25-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Am I correct in saying that's Big Effe won a hat trick of Motm awards in the last 3 games? Can't have been many hibs players with that to their name 3 on the bounce 👍

staunchhibby
25-03-2017, 06:47 PM
He is collecting the champagne for mom to celebrate when we win the league

SaulGoodman
25-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Am I correct in saying that's Big Effe won a hat trick of Motm awards in the last 3 games? Can't have been many hibs players with that to their name 3 on the bounce 👍

Was concerned when we signed him but he's been absolutely head and shoulders over everyone on the pitch for the last 3 games, you can tell he's played at a higher level.

SMAXXA
25-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Might be enjoying it enough to stay longer term I'd be happy with that if he did but suspect it's very unlikely as he would get weighed in elsewhere

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Might be enjoying it enough to stay longer term I'd be happy with that if he did but suspect it's very unlikely as he would get weighed in elsewhere

It's a good point, but he seems the sort of lad who wants to play where he's happy.

Smartie
25-03-2017, 06:56 PM
I think he looks like he belongs a few levels above where we operate, even if we get promoted.

The signings of Commons and Ambrose look likely to have made the difference for us this season to see us over the line.

scott7_0(Prague)
25-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Hopefully someone's got a video of it! It was a beauty, puts Mixu's to shame! 😉😄

https://www.facebook.com/1016000805157659/videos/1325790807511989/

SMAXXA
25-03-2017, 06:57 PM
It's a good point, but he seems the sort of lad who wants to play where he's happy.

We need to get him at the highest point when he's flying playing well and as you say happy, get the forms out!

Still think cash is king and will define this one unfortunately

squire
25-03-2017, 07:01 PM
So Ambrose opens the scoring into the Famous Five end and celebrates by doing a triple summersault in front of the East stand... then runs over to the West to hug Lennon and walks the breadth of the pitch to his right back position.

All whilst Falkirk are lining up to take kick off and overloading the side of the pitch where Ambrose was not. Casual to the extreme to get back into position.

No wonder they scored almost straight away although the finger can't be pointed directly at Efe I thought he lost focus and allowed Falkirk too much space to win that corner

RoxburghHibs
25-03-2017, 07:03 PM
So Ambrose opens the scoring into the Famous Five end and celebrates by doing a triple summersault in front of the East stand... then runs over to the West to hug Lennon and walks the breadth of the pitch to his right back position.

All whilst Falkirk are lining up to take kick off and overloading the side of the pitch where Ambrose was not. Casual to the extreme to get back into position.

No wonder they scored almost straight away although the finger can't be pointed directly at Efe I thought he lost focus and allowed Falkirk too much space to win that corner

Eh how can you blame him for the Falkirk goal?

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 07:04 PM

Ffs lighten up man.

cabbageandribs1875
25-03-2017, 07:07 PM

he was over on the other side of the pitch furthest away from the post that laidlaw fumbled at :confused:

steakbake
25-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Eh how can you blame him for the Falkirk goal?

Madness.

Thought it was more the keeper. No reason to try to catch the ball - it was heading out. Then we conceded a corner.

Otherwise done well but it was a mistake.

SMAXXA
25-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Madness.

Thought it was more the keeper. No reason to try to catch the ball - it was heading out. Then we conceded a corner.

Otherwise done well but it was a mistake.

I actually thought it has already gone out anyway but either way Defo keeper error for their goal as Lennon confirmed in his interview after the game

squire
25-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I didn't say the Falkirk goal was Ambrose's fault but I felt they won the corner from a looping ball into the box from his side - as a result of Ambrose being out of position post celebration

pontius pilate
25-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Yep agree Laidlaw at fault for the falkirk goal in sure forster lost sibbald as well. Hey lets blame a guy who hasnt put a foot wrong and won 3 motm awards in a row. Good one

GGTTH

bigwheel
25-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Yep agree Laidlaw at fault for the falkirk goal in sure forster lost sibbald as well. Hey lets blame a guy who hasnt put a foot wrong and won 3 motm awards in a row. Good one

GGTTH

It was Keatings who lost Sibbald...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
25-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Thought it was a nonsense frankly.

Didn't tuck on the pike properly and the half twist was all over the shop. Don't get me started on where his rotation went to during the final spin.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 07:36 PM

Didn't tuck on the pike properly and the half twist was all over the shop. Don't get me started on where his rotation went to during the final spin.

So how many out of 10 from you, judge

Saturday Boy
25-03-2017, 07:38 PM

I'm with you on that. More Arthur Daley than Tom.

Mikey09
25-03-2017, 07:42 PM

Sorry but I've got to do it... :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

One Day Soon
25-03-2017, 07:49 PM

Spot on. He's lucky the judges didn't notice he wasn't wearing the regulation leotard too.

staunchhibby
25-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Why did Laidlaw not let that ball go out instead of giving them a needless corner which resulted in the equaliser

greenlex
25-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Why did Laidlaw not let that ball go out instead of giving them a needless corner which resulted in the equaliser

I'm guessing he lost his bearings and did the safe thing rather than **** it up. The old adage if in doubt put it out.

GreenCastle
25-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Thought Efe was quality again today.

Great goal.

Some mazy runs.

Defended well.

Some excellent crosses into the box.

The guy has been a massive boost signing.

When is his last game ? Loan end ?

Baker9
25-03-2017, 08:13 PM

Cant understand why some people are not taking your point seriously. Your observations are perfectly valid. Save the fancy celebrations for when we are 2 or 3 up. Sloppiness and lack of concentration caused the equaliser. It was appalling all round.

Onceinawhile
25-03-2017, 08:29 PM

Great goal.

Some mazy runs.

Defended well.

End of the season. So last game is cup final hopefully.

highland hibbee
25-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Terrible post , Oxley defo to blame, end of. :-)

Andycolo
25-03-2017, 08:50 PM
If it's against Celtic will Efe be allowed to play?
Maybe Brendan Rogers will do the decent thing and let the big man have his day in the sun.
Speaking as a Celtic supporter Efe is still well thought of and we wouldn't grudge him. Even if he had a blinder and won you the cup.

marinello59
25-03-2017, 08:52 PM

He should have been taken off the park for putting a smile on people's faces. It's simply not on.

GreenCastle
25-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Let's be honest it was the best celebration we have seen at ER for a long time.

Not many players are that athletic ! :greengrin

Hope he scores another soon so we can see another :top marks

pontius pilate
25-03-2017, 09:26 PM

Cheers wasn't too sure but thanks for clearing it up mate.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
25-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Said it before he signed but he has been an absolutely outstanding signing. Humble pie to be eaten by a hell of a lot of people who were adamant that he is absolutely pish. The guy is a superb player and I'd absolutely love us to sign him permanently, although he would easily be able to get a Championship team in England.

Deansy
25-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Id just like Grant Holt to score a goal.

00:21 onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46wjOpVthR4

Great goal but the celebration - think it was in fun ?? ..........................

Onceinawhile
25-03-2017, 10:30 PM

No chance.

Brian MacLean winner in the cup final.
One and only appearance.

Carheenlea
25-03-2017, 11:59 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/ny7ou9.jpg

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2017, 12:29 AM

Haha you're taking stick for this but you're absolutely spot on. We were all screaming at him to get back across into position after his embrace with Lennon as we could see Falkirk doubling up on that side. He didn't make it in time and McGregor had to move across once the Falkirk player was in possession of the ball. No idea if he would have stopped the cross if he had been in position-and it was absolutely Laidlaw to blame for the goal, however it's a fact that he left himself out of position after running to the dug out.
He has been outstanding since signing and I'd love to see him here next season but think he'll end up down south.

SirDavidsNapper
26-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Sorry if asked before but is Efe cup tied?

macca70
26-03-2017, 08:43 AM
he was over on the other side of the pitch furthest away from the post that laidlaw fumbled at :confused:

Where did the cross come from?

They deliberately targeted that side as Efe was on a mission to go from the corner across the park to the dug outs where he was told to gtf back across the pitch to right back as the game was restarting.

macca70
26-03-2017, 08:48 AM

Absolutely spot on, why didn't he go bsck tonposition after the flips but instead strolls diagonally across to the dug outs, who were going mental and pushed him back on the park to get back to right back.

Meanwhile Falkirk are targeting that side for the restart as Efe's still half way down Albion Rd celebrating.

If Efe was back in position, they don't get that cross in as easily that caused Laidlaw the problems. Then we were all over the place defending the corner.

lord bunberry
26-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Because I told him that I had hibs to win and both teams to score.

gaz1875
26-03-2017, 08:52 AM
:top marksFor planting his feet on landing.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Did they win the corner? I thought Laidlaw gave them it!

greenlex
26-03-2017, 09:06 AM

No apparently he gave them the goal.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Maybe Brendan Rogers will do the decent thing and let the big man have his day in the sun.
Speaking as a Celtic supporter Efe is still well thought of and we wouldn't grudge him. Even if he had a blinder and won you the cup.

Aye right then.

Scouse Hibee
26-03-2017, 09:14 AM
No apparently he gave them the goal.

At fault for the corner but not the goal which was piss poorly defended. Most folk around me weren't having that though, as you say goal was his fault too apparently!

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2017, 09:36 AM

He did give them it - shocking goalkeeping.

greenlex
26-03-2017, 09:40 AM
At fault for the corner but not the goal which was piss poorly defended. Most folk around me weren't having that though, as you say goal was his fault too apparently!

Having seen their goal on the tellybox I'll be honest and say he could have done better at his near post with it but the "needless" corner was his fault 100% . He's not alone in defending the corner better tho. Sibbald us unchallenged.

greenlex
26-03-2017, 09:43 AM
He did give them it - shocking goalkeeping.

I don't think it is shocking at alll. He did the safe thing. I think he was unsure of his position or who may have been behind him. If that's the case it's absolutely the right thing to do if he thought he couldn't catch it. If he'd fumbled it and they scored I would agree with you.

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I don't think it is shocking at alll. He did the safe thing. I think he was unsure of his position or who may have been behind him. If that's the case it's absolutely the right thing to do if he thought he couldn't catch it. If he'd fumbled it and they scored I would agree with you.

He should've known where he was - I could see from a mile away (well row y of the east) that the ball was going past the post.

He's an ok keeper but living off the hype of earlier in the season. Made Lennons choice for Wednesday night a lot easier - just like the last time he had to play.

BoomtownHibees
26-03-2017, 09:59 AM

It was shocking that the ball was in the air that amount of time and he didn't know where he was. He's a decent enough back up but a good goalie has the positional sense to realise where he is in comparison to the goals.

The corner should have been defended a lot lot better than what it was but I also thought Laidlaw could have done better at his near post. I've no seen a replay of it yet though so will reserve judgment on that until I have

greenlex
26-03-2017, 10:05 AM
It was shocking that the ball was in the air that amount of time and he didn't know where he was. He's a decent enough back up but a good goalie has the positional sense to realise where he is in comparison to the goals.

The corner should have been defended a lot lot better than what it was but I also thought Laidlaw could have done better at his near post. I've no seen a replay of it yet though so will reserve judgment on that until I have
Ive seen it again and I reckon he will be disappointed getting beat at his near post.

LaMotta
26-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Great footage here:

https://twitter.com/lewisforfar/status/845787636455362564

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Great goal.

Some mazy runs.

Defended well.

Bombscare . . .

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 02:50 PM

It's not Rogers' decision. It's the rules.

HibernianJK
26-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Great celebration but thought he looked shaky at RB tomorrow and seems a lot more comfortable at CH. No idea how he got MOTM.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Great celebration but thought he looked shaky at RB tomorrow

Wow. You can see the future!

HibernianJK
26-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Wow. You can see the future!

Not quite sure what I meant to say there!

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2017, 03:16 PM

Don't think it is. Callum Booth played for Raith against us in the Scottish cup despite being on loan from us. A ridiculous decision admittedly since they ended up putting us out. Obv Efe wouldn't get to play if we meet Celtic in the final as Celtic will have had the sense to prevent that. It's not a rule though, unless it's changed since 2014.

Stewboy
26-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Blaming Efe for the goal 😂😂😂😂

BoomtownHibees
26-03-2017, 04:52 PM

It's not the rules. It's dependant what's written in to the Loan contract

jgl07
26-03-2017, 05:04 PM
It's not the rules. It's dependant what's written in to the Loan contract

Rogers played Patrick Roberts twice against his parent club, Manchester City, in the Champions League. Roberts scored at the Etihad.

JimBHibees
26-03-2017, 06:15 PM
He should have been taken off the park for putting a smile on people's faces. It's simply not on.

:thumbsup::greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Sorry if asked before but is Efe cup tied?

He isn't cup tied but he'll almost certainly not be allowed to play against Celtic if we both get to the final.

SirDavidsNapper
26-03-2017, 06:23 PM
He isn't cup tied but he'll almost certainly not be allowed to play against Celtic if we both get to the final.

Cheers 🖒