PDA

View Full Version : Marciano vs Spain

thebausburst
25-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Great result for Hibees today, good to have Marciano back for Wednesday, though dissapointed for the big man with his performance against Spain, I know it was Spain but he had a poor game. On the positive might help us get him :aok:

Enough said
25-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Great result for Hibees today, good to have Marciano back for Wednesday, though dissapointed for the big man with his performance against Spain, I know it was Spain but he had a poor game. On the positive might help us get him :aok:

This is surely a joke??? Dearie me

Pete
25-03-2017, 05:53 PM
It's ok.

Allant1981
25-03-2017, 05:58 PM
This is surely a joke??? Dearie me

he did have a por game and will be good to have him back, not sure what your issue is with what he said

SRHibs
25-03-2017, 06:08 PM
His poor performance may be a blessing for us though. Would be delighted to get him next season, especially considering Laidlaw is a bit of a bomb scare.

Pete
25-03-2017, 06:13 PM
he did have a por game and will be good to have him back, not sure what your issue is with what he said

What does his performance against Spain have to do with the price of cheese?

How does it tie in with him coming back to us?

Weird one.

Enough said
25-03-2017, 06:15 PM
What does his performance against Spain have to do with the price of cheese?

How does it tie in with him coming back to us?

Weird one.

This ... great point

Borderhibbie76
25-03-2017, 06:21 PM
His poor performance may be a blessing for us though. Would be delighted to get him next season, especially considering Laidlaw is a bit of a bomb scare.
That's very harsh...yes he gifted them a corner for their goal today but he is never a bombscare and has played his part for us this season....no need really

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
25-03-2017, 06:26 PM
That's very harsh...yes he gifted them a corner for their goal today but he is never a bombscare and has played his part for us this season....no need really

I don't have much confidence in him to be quite honest and I feel the defence looks a lot better with Marciano behind them. He also takes an excruciatingly long time to distribute the ball, which, when we are drawing 0-0/1-1 in a game we are desperate to win, is extremely frustrating.

SChibs
25-03-2017, 06:29 PM
I don't have much confidence in him to be quite honest and I feel the defence looks a lot better with Marciano behind them. He also takes an excruciatingly long time to distribute the ball, which, when we are drawing 0-0/1-1 in a game we are desperate to win, is extremely frustrating.

Contributed to the game today with a great save at 0-0.

Borderhibbie76
25-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Fair play mate...I agree rocky is the better of the 2 but laidlaw is decent back up and better than many keepers we've had in recent times. He is never a bombscare ...he has played in 2 wins away to Falkirk this season and was outstanding in both - just an example that he has played his part

ACLeith
25-03-2017, 06:30 PM

Harsh to say gifted. He was not 100% sure what the ball was going to do so has to take no chances. Started the move for the winner by racing from his goal. Shouted a lot and took control of situations. Best backup keeper we have had for a long time IMO.

Borderhibbie76
25-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Harsh to say gifted. He was not 100% sure what the ball was going to do so has to take no chances. Started the move for the winner by racing from his goal. Shouted a lot and took control of situations. Best backup keeper we have had for a long time IMO.
I was actually defending him mate - another poster called him a bombscare which is totally unfair he has been more than decent for us this season

SRHibs
25-03-2017, 06:32 PM

I would say gifted. He had a decision to make - catch the ball or let it go out fora GK. He didn't know where his goal was though and ended up awkwardly and needlessly palming it out for a corner.

thebausburst
25-03-2017, 09:29 PM
This ... great point

Well if he'd turned in a great display against Spain then I doubt his contract situation would have gone unnoticed by teams who can pay more than us. The concept is quite simple but happy to explain it.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 09:39 PM
I would say gifted. He had a decision to make - catch the ball or let it go out fora GK. He didn't know where his goal was though and ended up awkwardly and needlessly palming it out for a corner.

So he gifted them nothing more than a corner. Better that than ****ing it up.

Enough said
25-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Well if he'd turned in a great display against Spain then I doubt his contract situation would have gone unnoticed by teams who can pay more than us. The concept is quite simple but happy to explain it.

Nonsense guys still quality

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2017, 10:36 PM

Laidlaw made a poor error of judgment today which lead to a goal .......... that doesn't make him a bad keeper, overall he has done very well this season.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Laidlaw made a poor error of judgment today which lead to a goal .......... that doesn't make him a bad keeper, overall he has done very well this season.

I don't get this lead to a goal bit. It lead to a corner. We didn't defend the corner. That cost the goal. He was right to do what he did if he wasn't sure.

Thecat23
25-03-2017, 10:44 PM
I don't get this lead to a goal bit. It lead to a corner. We didn't defend the corner. That cost the goal. He was right to do what he did if he wasn't sure.

Think he will know himself it was preventable though. But we still had a chance to defend it which we didn't so I also see what your meaning.

northstandhibby
25-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Think we have two very decent reliable keepers to call upon in rocky and ross laidlaw. Could be far worse in having bomb scare yam hamilton.

glory glory

truehibernian
25-03-2017, 10:51 PM

Totally agree - there was a game earlier this season when Marciano did exactly the same (can't recall team but he carried ball over line and resulted in a corner which we conceded from). Ideally Laidlaw would have ushered it out but you're right, the corner needed to be defended better.

We lost the goal because Keatings didn't track Sibbald. Also, why didn't we have men on the posts ? Maybe we did, I'll need to see it back, but I think you should always have both posts covered at corners.

Deansy
25-03-2017, 11:06 PM
When you've experienced and witnessed Zibi Malkowski as your No.1 then you'd really know what a 'Bomb-scare' is - currently we've 2 more than competent keepers !