View Full Version : Tom Taiwo

25-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Used to really like him at Hibs - a mobile midfielder who could put in a challenge and covered a huge amount of distance in a game.

Shame he's been Houstonized and is now a dirty hacking little nobody.

Humo
25-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Used to think he had a decent footballing brain (wouldn't of cost Chelsea £1million otherwise) but he really has just turned into another Houston henchman

25-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Just another one of Houstons hammer-throwers

Frogga
25-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Yeah, disappointed with him. Seems to have it in for us based on some of the tackles he's put in on our players.

25-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Now that we've sealed the three points, I'm pretty relieved that John McGinn was away on International duty as I'm sure that he would have been top of the list for a doing from the Falkirk thugs.

25-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Yeah, disappointed with him. Seems to have it in for us based on some of the tackles he's put in on our players.

Taiwo could well have been sent off, just as he was the last time he played for Falkirk at ER.

I don't remember him kicking and fouling like that very often while he was a Hibs player. The Houston influence maybe?

25-03-2017, 07:13 PM
He's a wee hammer throwing prick and part of the squad that took us down. Hope he rots.

HibbySpurs
25-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Welt of a player how he was ever rated at £1m is beyond me. Nothing but a dirty little hacker

25-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Disagree...he is a good combative defensive midfielder....if he wasn't we wouldn't even notice him...decent player

25-03-2017, 07:29 PM
A mate of mine is good friends with Taiwo- he was treated pretty badly by the Butcher and coz of that he does harbour a grudge against us...not sure why but it deffo shows when he plays against us

Hillsidehibby
25-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Did **** all at Hibs. Emptied.

Radium
25-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Performances are fairly similar. He fouls all over the pitch, picks up a yellow and gets subbed shortly thereafter as he can rarely put in a fair tackle. Thought he got away with a few fouls after his yellow today because of the officials

Green Man
25-03-2017, 08:10 PM
He must have been one tackle away from a second yellow today. Houston subbed him just in time.

25-03-2017, 08:26 PM
He must have been one tackle away from a second yellow today. Houston subbed him just in time.

Thought he could have seen a second yellow a couple of times before they hooked him

25-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Agreed. Another imposter IMO.

25-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Agreed. Another imposter IMO.
Disagree . Was a good signing and seldom let us down . Was exactly the sort of player we needed when we signed him . Should probably be playing at a higher level .

25-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Disagree...he is a good combative defensive midfielder....if he wasn't we wouldn't even notice him...decent player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Agree . Like our present midfielders , he doesn`t score enough but he`s certainly a good player who Falkirk are lucky to have .

25-03-2017, 08:49 PM

He was a half decent player, definitely not now given the fact that his contribution v us this season is a culmination of fouls.

1875STEVE
26-03-2017, 12:28 AM
Used to think he had a decent footballing brain (wouldn't of cost Chelsea £1million otherwise) but he really has just turned into another Houston henchman

It was £5m as part pf a double deal for two players........ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

26-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Just another one of Houstons hammer-throwers
More of a Houston hatchetman?

West lower
26-03-2017, 12:34 AM
Total throbber.

26-03-2017, 01:09 AM
He's a poor poor player and was part of the standard of quality that brought us down. He couldn't lace any of our midfielders boots these days and can only dream of reaching the ability heights of McGinn, McGeough, Fyvie, Bartley etc.

vuefrom1875
26-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Used to really like him at Hibs - a mobile midfielder who could put in a challenge and covered a huge amount of distance in a game.

Spot on, he was pretty decent with us, but when that jambo f##k got a hold of him.... Well the rest is history... Houston hates hibs with a passion always will, and the goal at the death.. GIRUY HEARTS TRAMP 😀😀

26-03-2017, 08:44 AM
He's a poor poor player and was part of the standard of quality that brought us down. He couldn't lace any of our midfielders boots these days and can only dream of reaching the ability heights of McGinn, McGeough, Fyvie, Bartley etc.
He's not even as good as wee Scott Martin mate

Reaper
26-03-2017, 09:48 AM
A mate of mine is good friends with Taiwo- he was treated pretty badly by the Butcher and coz of that he does harbour a grudge against us...not sure why but it deffo shows when he plays against us

I get that he would hold a grudge if he was treated poorly but surely against the people? Not like TBs still there.

Also maybe if he had shown the same passion and fight in a Hibs shirt that he does against us his Hibs career would have panned out better. He was another also ran in a team full of players letting games pass them by.

26-03-2017, 09:52 AM
I get that he would hold a grudge if he was treated poorly but surely against the people? Not like TBs still there.

Also maybe if he had shown the same passion and fight in a Hibs shirt that he does against us his Hibs career would have panned out better. He was another also ran in a team full of players letting games pass them by.
Yup couldn't agree more mate - was just passing on a bit of info - as u say maybe he shoulda fought a bit more when he was here like the rest of that gutless bunch that got us relegated

26-03-2017, 10:58 PM
It was £5m as part pf a double deal for two players........ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spot on. I think Chelsea bought them from Leeds Utd.

26-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Spot on. I think Chelsea bought them from Leeds Utd.

And the riches that they can waste on unproven kids. So much wasted in epl as have billions chuck around. Mikey stewart millionaire from m.utd yet barely kicked ball first team. Not his fault. Fifa/Uefas

26-03-2017, 11:16 PM

He's ***** and always has been

26-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Disagree . Was a good signing and seldom let us down . Was exactly the sort of player we needed when we signed him . Should probably be playing at a higher level .

😂😂😂 aye ok.

26-03-2017, 11:53 PM

So were Hibs, BTW.
Tell him that.

27-03-2017, 12:04 AM
He's pish. He was pish for Hibs. We're miles above him now and I loath the day players of his limited ability darken our door again.

Big Marv is ten times the 'combative midfielder' he is.

Falkirk are a team of utter hammer throwers.

27-03-2017, 04:31 AM
I can't remember anything good about his time at Hibs. Even Liam Craig looked better and that is saying something.

27-03-2017, 05:14 AM
He's pish. He was pish for Hibs. We're miles above him now and I loath the day players of his limited ability darken our door again.

Big Marv is ten times the 'combative midfielder' he is.

Falkirk are a team of utter hammer throwers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkThere are a few players of limited ability in our current squad. Jordon Forster is a good example.

Taiwo was a decent player for Hibs, might've been average but always gave his best.

27-03-2017, 05:15 AM
I can't remember anything good about his time at Hibs. Even Liam Craig looked better and that is saying something.No, it isn't. Liam Craig was a solid player for Hibs, could name 50 worst than him.

27-03-2017, 07:22 AM
There are a few players of limited ability in our current squad. Jordon Forster is a good example.

Taiwo was a decent player for Hibs, might've been average but always gave his best.

Correct. One of our better performers during that time. He lives in Porty now and is a always up for a chat when you bump into him.

27-03-2017, 07:54 AM
There are a few players of limited ability in our current squad. Jordon Forster is a good example.

Why the needless pop at one of our players while defending someone who kicks everything that moves when he plays us?
Whose side are you on?

27-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Michael woods was other player iirc played for harrogate or some team lol

27-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Why the needless pop at one of our players while defending someone who kicks everything that moves when he plays us?
Whose side are you on?Forster is a limited player, anyone with eyes can see that, nothing to do with sides.

27-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Dirty wee player who was pish when he was here.

He only seemed decent at the time to some folk because he was playing alongside Owain Tudur-Jones & other absolute imposters like him.

27-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Forster is a limited player, anyone with eyes can see that, nothing to do with sides.
With that logic, any defender with less ability than say for example Pique at Barcelona is a limited player......

27-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Taiwo is what £500 a week gets you, a tank of septic waste.

JDHibs
27-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Forster being limited in what way?

He can head, positionally hes good, he can tackle, he doesnt get bullied, is a threat at corners.

Hes a decent defender, hes not trying to be messi with the ball...he just needs to defend..

27-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Seriously, how old are you?

27-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Well well, how long did it take you to think up that gem.:confused:

27-03-2017, 01:47 PM

jeezo

27-03-2017, 02:03 PM
No, it isn't. Liam Craig was a solid player for Hibs, could name 50 worst than him.

You couldn't name 3 never mind 50.

27-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Klaus Dietrich, Alan O'Brien and the Gambian Roberto Carlos. There, that was easy. Next.......

27-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Klaus Dietrich, Alan O'Brien and the Gambian Roberto Carlos. There, that was easy. Next.......

Matt Doherty, Rowan Vine, Owain Tudur-Jones, Junior Agogo, Matt Thornhill, Joe Keenan, James Collins, Alan Reid, Tony Caig, Daniel Boateng, David Stephens, Roy O'Donovan, Tim Clancy, Sheki Kuqi, Valdas Trakys, Isaiah Osbourne, Sean O'Hanlon, Edwin De Graaf, Michael Hart, Tom Soares, Jonathan Grounds, Michael Nelson, Fraser Mullen, Danny Haynes, David Van Zanten, Patrick Cregg, Alan Gow, Ross Chisholm, Jonatan Johansson, Roland Edge, Colin Murdock.

That's 31 more and that's only going back to around 2004-ish.

JDHibs
27-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Matt Doherty, Rowan Vine, Owain Tudur-Jones, Junior Agogo, Matt Thornhill, Joe Keenan, James Collins, Alan Reid, Tony Caig, Daniel Boateng, David Stephens, Roy O'Donovan, Tim Clancy, Sheki Kuqi, Valdas Trakys, Isaiah Osbourne, Sean O'Hanlon, Edwin De Graaf, Michael Hart, Tom Soares, Jonathan Grounds, Michael Nelson, Fraser Mullen, Danny Haynes, David Van Zanten, Patrick Cregg, Alan Gow, Ross Chisholm, Jonatan Johansson, Roland Edge, Colin Murdock.

This list gives me nightmares, we have signed some utter DROSS over the years...

27-03-2017, 02:33 PM
With that logic, any defender with less ability than say for example Pique at Barcelona is a limited player......
No, Forster is actually a limited player, he struggles big tine to distribute the ball.

27-03-2017, 02:35 PM

He is right in there with them from what I saw.

27-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Someone else has managed to name quite a few very easily.

27-03-2017, 02:36 PM

Away and don't talk pish.

27-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Away and don't talk pish.

Okay Liam

27-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Okay Liam

Well you've clearly not watched Hibs enough if Liam Craig is in your Top 3 worst players.

He wasn't great but in no way was he as bad as any of the players listed above.

27-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Well you've clearly not watched Hibs enough if Liam Craig is in your Top 3 worst players.

He wasn't great but in no way was he as bad as any of the players listed above.

The usual list of flops and failures but who can you name that played 60 games for Hibs in midfield and was that poor?

27-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Our midfield were better when he went off

27-03-2017, 02:58 PM

Harsh but true. Bartley does a far better job in a similar role. Players like him were the reason we ended up in the Championship.

27-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Someone else has managed to name quite a few very easily.

Quite a few flops and failures from all positions that every club has.

Try to name established first team midfield players that played 60 games and wore the captains armband. Like with like.

27-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Think I can contribute the best to this thread so far...

Is he a Hibs player? No.
Will he ever be a Hibs player again? No.
Does this thread really matter? No.

Has he found his level? Yes.
Does he play for a rather dirty football team? Yes.
Does he almost get a red every time he plays us? Yes.

Simples.

27-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Quite a few flops and failures from all positions that every club has.

Try to name established first team midfield players that played 60 games and wore the captains armband. Like with like.
When I have the answer you change the question

27-03-2017, 03:02 PM
The usual list of flops and failures but who can you name that played 60 games for Hibs in midfield and was that poor?

Well if he was as bad as the players in the list above then he wouldn't have played 60+ games.

Those players (mostly) made a handful of appearances each for a reason.

27-03-2017, 03:07 PM

Spot on. Next it'll be 'name a worse player for Hibs than Liam Craig who was also ginger & called Liam Craig'.

27-03-2017, 03:21 PM

This began with me comparing Taiwo to Craig who were both established in the first team midfield for a season or two. You said you could name 50 worse than Craig which I guess you did. Not really what I was thinking though.

27-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Well if he was as bad as the players in the list above then he wouldn't have played 60+ games.

Those players (mostly) made a handful of appearances each for a reason.

That Taiwo and Craig played as many games as they did is an unsurprising fact considering what happened to that Hibs team.

27-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Spot on. Next it'll be 'name a worse player for Hibs than Liam Craig who was also ginger & called Liam Craig'.

Ok Liam.

27-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Are we really criticising Liam Craig, the same Liam Craig playing regularly and scoring regularly for the team 4th in the league above us at the moment. He never really clicked with Hibs but he is a more than decent player performing consistently at a high level.

27-03-2017, 08:46 PM

What utter nonsense ...nowhere near the guff that is on that list ...

28-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Are we really criticising Liam Craig, the same Liam Craig playing regularly and scoring regularly for the team 4th in the league above us at the moment. He never really clicked with Hibs but he is a more than decent player performing consistently at a high level.

That and he fact he got it right from the fans and even when we was dropped remained professional and passionate towards the club. Gets my respect for that. Could easily have went in the huff or pushed for a move but he didnt.

28-03-2017, 12:30 PM

LC made more of a contribution in his time at Hibs than every one of those players combined.

28-03-2017, 12:32 PM

And just won himself a new contract at said club