PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Clancy and the West Stand Side Linesman

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 04:24 PM
What a pair of utterly useless pricks. Can't stay mad at them due to Keats magnificent strike, but how awful were they in face of Houston's filthy tactics?

David_D
25-03-2017, 04:25 PM
How their left back wasn't booked in the first minute I have no idea.

stoneyburn hibs
25-03-2017, 04:38 PM
We should have had 3 penalties today.

neil7908
25-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Honestly just embarrassing how much Falkirk were able to kick us around the park. It happens every single time and yet no sending offs. No surprise that one of our players is now injured. Scottish football is never going to progress when this kind of stuff is allowed.

Enough said
25-03-2017, 04:57 PM
I started a thread during week about the ref for Saturday . Believe it or not people were actually defending Clancy which I was totally and utterly bemused by

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 04:58 PM
If the ref did his job correctly, that would have been a Hibs romp today. It's been said before, but one of the main reasons we aren't skooshing this league is due to our tentativeness in games against inferiour teams like Falkirk. And one of the reasons for that tentativeness is the snide spite of Hun-orientated officials, because we had the audacity to take the cup that was earmarked for their trophyless trolls.

telford hibbee
25-03-2017, 05:02 PM
the linesman at the west stand regularly waited on the refs instruction before raising his flag. i dont know if this is to show that they agree but i always thought they were there to help the ref with decisions rather than just back him up. all in all not a bad day results wise and imo lifts a wee bit of pressure.

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 05:05 PM
the linesman at the west stand regularly waited on the refs instruction before raising his flag. i dont know if this is to show that they agree but i always thought they were there to help the ref with decisions rather than just back him up. all in all not a bad day results wise and imo lifts a wee bit of pressure.

Exactly - the guy was useless. I don't know whether he lacked experience and confidence, or was just trying not to undermine a weak referee by contradicting him, but they were one of the poorest combos in a bad refereeing season for us.

ACLeith
25-03-2017, 05:05 PM
How their left back wasn't booked in the first minute I have no idea.

And the foul on Shinnie was a stick-on red

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-03-2017, 05:10 PM

Shocker that led to him going off. The most blatant yellow you'll ever see within the first 30 seconds, an absolute stonewall pen we never got from the resulting free kick, another 4 pen claims turned away(need to see them again), a horrendous lunge of a challenge on-I think-Lewis over towards the West which looked a stick on red. He was absolute torture

Onceinawhile
25-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Fairly certain he booked Brian Graham instead of meetings at the winner.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Fairly certain he booked Brian Graham instead of meetings at the winner.

He definitely booked Graham after the celebration. I'm nit sure what for but I can guess.

Speedy
25-03-2017, 05:51 PM
The east stand linesman got pelters the while game but didnt really do anything wrong. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-03-2017, 05:51 PM
He definitely booked Graham after the celebration. I'm nit sure what for but I can guess.

I thought it was Hanlon he booked?

PatHead
25-03-2017, 06:00 PM
God knows how their 33 wasn't booked.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 06:01 PM
I thought it was Hanlon he booked?

BBC said it was Graham, what for?

supermcginn
25-03-2017, 06:02 PM
I started a thread during week about the ref for Saturday . Believe it or not people were actually defending Clancy which I was totally and utterly bemused by

Yep I got shouted down too, the guy is a roaster and a typical sfa buffoon

Heisenberg
25-03-2017, 06:03 PM

Aye definitely booked Graham. Think he just ****ed it up and booked the wrong player for going into the crowd.

25-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Any time we play a disgusting team like this the manager should go into the referees office and bring up the fact that they are good my to boot us all over the park

--------
25-03-2017, 06:11 PM
If the ref did his job correctly, that would have been a Hibs romp today. It's been said before, but one of the main reasons we aren't skooshing this league is due to our tentativeness in games against inferiour teams like Falkirk. And one of the reasons for that tentativeness is the snide spite of Hun-orientated officials, because we had the audacity to take the cup that was earmarked for their trophyless trolls.

:top marks

Eyrie
25-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Not a clue but Clancy definitely pointed at Graham, then had a word whilst Graham was tying his laces.

And why wasn't Baird booked at the start?

JimBHibees
25-03-2017, 06:31 PM
How did number 2 handle the ball in the box and it wasn't a penalty. Twice we have been done over for handballs against that mob. They do seem to get an incredible amount of decisions for a bitter little pub team. Don't get it.

lucky
25-03-2017, 06:34 PM
The East side **** was murder, he was never up with play but we won so who cares. I doubt we will play a dirtier team next season

greenlex
25-03-2017, 06:37 PM
Im assuming a case of mistaken identity regards the goalscorer leaving the pitch. It kinda sums up his display to be honest.

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Chancy and Co were really bad today IMO. So many refs let Falkirk away with their hammer throwing against us. We had some decent penalty shouts I'd like to see again too.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 06:39 PM
God knows how their 33 wasn't booked.
Was that not Canadas golden boy? Maybe its a internation thing.

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2017, 06:40 PM
How did number 2 handle the ball in the box and it wasn't a penalty. Twice we have been done over for handballs against that mob. They do seem to get an incredible amount of decisions for a bitter little pub team. Don't get it.

There was a handball given against us after that where the Hibs player had it smashed right at him from a couple of yards and put his hands up to protect his face instinctively.

25-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Ref was **** today. You need a strong ref against the likes of Falkirk because there game plan is always to kick lumps out you, break up the play and take out anyone who can get the ball down and play football. Refs that don't take action and get the cards out play right into their hands.

kaimendhibs
25-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Was that not Canadas golden boy? Maybe its a internation thing.
Aird. Was pants today, then again he was up against Lewis, not the grass

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
25-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Im assuming a case of mistaken identity regards the goalscorer leaving the pitch. It kinda sums up his display to be honest.

The wee red haired ball boys celebrations with them were worth the booking. :greengrin

pontius pilate
25-03-2017, 06:44 PM
East stand linesman was ****ing murder today some of his decisions were terrible.

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 06:46 PM
There was a handball given against us after that where the Hibs player had it smashed right at him from a couple of yards and put his hands up to protect his face instinctively.

I said exactly the same at the game. The Falkirk player clearly handled the ball as it came down denying a shot at goal, yet he gave the handball for the incident you mentioned. Brutal ref and the west side linesman was clueless.

Bishop Hibee
25-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Ref was atrocious. I thought he started ok, I didn't think the foul in 30 secs was a booking, but from then on was hopeless. He could have booked most of their outfield players for persistent fouling. Definite red for the boot on Shinnie. How on earth is Scottish football going to improve when managers like Houston send their team out to foul knowing nothing will happen?

We weren't great today but under Lennon we get stuck in and keep going. Almost there!

The Captain....
25-03-2017, 06:56 PM
I tried very hard to keep calm this afternoon but the referee's refusal to apply the rules had the veins popping out my head by half time. Countless yellow/borderline red cards ignored, penalty decisions waved away, general lack of awareness of what was going on, he;d lost all control of the game after around 20 mins imo.

I hope it hurt when we won the Cup, all the signs are it was a very painful experience for your average SFA forelock tugging, masonic, bigotted *******.

Which pleases me...1-0 to the good guys.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Ref was atrocious. I thought he started ok, I didn't think the foul in 30 secs was a booking, but from then on was hopeless. He could have booked most of their outfield players for persistent fouling. Definite red for the boot on Shinnie. How on earth is Scottish football going to improve when managers like Houston send their team out to foul knowing nothing will happen?

We weren't great today but under Lennon we get stuck in and keep going. Almost there!
I thought it could well have been a booking. Cynical. However a quick word would have sufficed. What I did find astonishing was when Baird in the follow up lifted his hands to Shinnie right under the refs nose. He should have walked. The fact he booked him and Shinnie led me to think he really had lost the plot. That was a minute into the game!!!!
A word with Cummings would again have sufficed if he thought he dived. Its not like it was in the box. He failed to book a Falkirk boy for diving a wee while later. Its the inconsistemcy that boils my piss.

Kato
25-03-2017, 07:05 PM
At the start of each game I have the default position that the ref is an Erse and I wait, hopefully, that he goes on to prove me wrong. He didn't today.

matty_f
25-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Ref was horrendous. Never really had control of the game imho.

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2017, 08:16 PM
A word with Cummings would again have sufficed if he thought he dived. Its not like it was in the box. He failed to book a Falkirk boy for diving a wee while later. Its the inconsistemcy that boils my piss.

Correct it was Baird.

allezsauzee
25-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Are all the top level referees on international duty? is that how we ended up getting this bawbag today?

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Are all the top level referees on international duty? is that how we ended up getting this bawbag today?

And no 4th official either, surely one could have been allocated for this important game. Bigger crowd than most premiership games

Jonnyboy
25-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Aye definitely booked Graham. Think he just ****ed it up and booked the wrong player for going into the crowd.

Graham jumped into the crowd = leaving the field of play = yellow card

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Graham jumped into the crowd = leaving the field of play = yellow card

Didn't see that, was too busy celebrating

Jonnyboy
25-03-2017, 08:25 PM

Neither did I but Alan did :greengrin

chasitup
25-03-2017, 08:28 PM
And no 4th official either, surely one could have been allocated for this important game. Bigger crowd than most premiership games
I thought they only allocated a fourth official if the game is televised. Could well be wrong, I often am.

jakedance
25-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Terrible referee yet again. I can't blame Houston for employing those tactics when they're effective.

The West Stand linesman performed like a guy plucked out the crowd at a Juniors game.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Nor I

Glory Lurker
25-03-2017, 08:36 PM
2nd half, Cummings' penalty claim. If it wasn't a penalty then what was it? A dive? Surely that meant Jason had to go.

JimBHibees
25-03-2017, 08:41 PM
The biggest pen was when the right back brought the ball down with his arm. Ref was at it.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 08:42 PM
2nd half, Cummings' penalty claim. If it wasn't a penalty then what was it? A dive? Surely that meant Jason had to go.

Not if he didn't think Cummings dived.

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 08:47 PM
I thought they only allocated a fourth official if the game is televised. Could well be wrong, I often am.

They do, but there was nothing else on today, apart from Irn Bru Cup

Glory Lurker
25-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Not if he didn't think Cummings dived.

My point exactly. So surely it was a penalty?

ian omand
25-03-2017, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;4988146]If the ref did his job correctly, that would have been a Hibs romp today. It's been said before, but one of the main reasons we aren't skooshing this league is due to our tentativeness in games against inferiour teams like Falkirk. And one of the reasons for that tentativeness is the snide spite of Hun-orientated officials, because we had the audacity to take the cup that was earmarked for their trophyless trolls.[/QUOTE

:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
25-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Neither did I but Alan did :greengrin

You rely on Alan for your posting info on here😄

snooky
25-03-2017, 08:55 PM
The only time I've seen a fair ref this season was against Ayr even though it was a crap game.

greenlex
25-03-2017, 08:55 PM
My point exactly. So surely it was a penalty?

What if he thought the defender didn't foul him. (We got a corner IIRC) maybe he thought he got the ball befiore contact with Cummings.

hibee_girl
25-03-2017, 09:06 PM

You're right, we only have a 4th official if it's on tv or if it's a cup game

The Harp Awakes
25-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Cheats never win.

GreenLake
25-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Honestly just embarrassing how much Falkirk were able to kick us around the park. It happens every single time and yet no sending offs. No surprise that one of our players is now injured. Scottish football is never going to progress when this kind of stuff is allowed.

Brutal tactics by Houston make for poor entertainment. I expect to see less physical contact allowed in the ice hockey game tonight.

Speedy
25-03-2017, 09:39 PM

And yet Cummings clearly handled the ball early in the game in the middle of the park, play on.

No consistency in applying the rules.

Scouse Hibee
25-03-2017, 09:48 PM
What if he thought the defender didn't foul him. (We got a corner IIRC) maybe he thought he got the ball befiore contact with Cummings.

Exactly what happened IMO. Wasn't a penalty, a very good tackle, got the ball first.

GreenArmy1875
25-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Fraser Aird screamed and shouted at both of them then clapped sarcastically towards both the ref and linesman on a number of occasions when they gave Hibs a throw in or free kick. Not crime of the century but I am sure I remember a player being booked for this a few years ago for dissent.

J-C
25-03-2017, 10:12 PM
The ref and his officials were a disgrace to their so called profession, the blatant cheating today was just another example of the west coast bias against Hibs. A yellow for that 1st bad challenge in the 1st few minutes would've nipped all the heavy handed tactics in the bud but as soon as he let him off with just a word in his ear, Falkirk thought they could get away with anything. At one point their RB sarcastically clapped towards the linesman for a decision he made, surely that's dissent and worthy of a yellow but nothing.

lugz
25-03-2017, 10:18 PM
That was easily up there with the worst ref performances I have ever saw. It wasn't just one bad decision it was multiple, it started in the first minute when Boyle skins skins the left back and just continued through the game. Falkirk were very lucky to have 11 on the pitch with the niggly and blatant fouls.
The penalty he missed on Jason was a joke as well I was in FF lower and it was a stonewaller and have no idea how it was missed.

brog
25-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Clancy is supposedly one of our top refs but he's hopeless. He, wrongly, sent off SJM last season vs today's opponents but as usual there's no sanction for the incompetence of the officials. The only consolation is that we scored in the 92d minute of both these games, how sweet was that today!,

eastcoasthibby
25-03-2017, 10:46 PM
The east stand linesman got pelters the while game but didnt really do anything wrong. :greengrin

Haha the 3 offsides he missed on the trot in the first half cos he didn't keep up with play ..isscpttish football struggling that much for linesman ..they all seem to struggle to make decisions and very few flag for freekicks ..

Glory Lurker
25-03-2017, 11:07 PM

Ocht. Wheesht with your reasonableness. PENALTY!!!!!!!!!

Speedy
25-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Haha the 3 offsides he missed on the trot in the first half cos he didn't keep up with play ..isscpttish football struggling that much for linesman ..they all seem to struggle to make decisions and very few flag for freekicks ..

Not sure there were any though, I was in line with at least 1.

macca70
26-03-2017, 08:31 AM
The ref was an absolute joke.

He's setting himself up for big problems if he is going to book players that go down outside the box when there isn't much contact as he done with Cummings.

Problem is, he doesn't apply the rules consistently, only booked him cause it was Cummings.

Big Efe had 2 fouls in quick succession at the end that stopped there attacks, either could have been a booking but he didn't get booked at all.

He insisted a Falkirk free kick be taken again as it was 1 yard away from where it should have been then the retaken free kick was even further away.

Hippolyte was allowed to take a quick throw in about 10 yards further down the line than where the ball went out, they very nearly scored from it aswell.

greenlex
26-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Ocht. Wheesht with your reasonableness. PENALTY!!!!!!!!!

😂😂

hibee316
26-03-2017, 08:54 AM
The ref and his officials were a disgrace to their so called profession, the blatant cheating today was just another example of the west coast bias against Hibs. A yellow for that 1st bad challenge in the 1st few minutes would've nipped all the heavy handed tactics in the bud but as soon as he let him off with just a word in his ear, Falkirk thought they could get away with anything. At one point their RB sarcastically clapped towards the linesman for a decision he made, surely that's dissent and worthy of a yellow but nothing.

Pretty sure Falkirk isn't on the West Coast.

StevieCowan
26-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Assume that Hibs will appeal the Cummings yellow if they think it wasn't merited...

macca70
26-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Hibs committed 11 fouls And had 3 bookings

Falkirk 22 fouls and 4 bookings

Hibs 3 bookings:

Cummings for being tripped up.

Boyle for sticking up for his team mates and not letting Houstons Hammer Throwers bully us

Graham for mistaken identity or celebrating our winner or something mysterious that only the ref knows

overdrive
26-03-2017, 09:32 AM
I think he has it in for us. Look at the replay of the winning goal. He looks visibly upset that we've scored.

BonnieFitbaTeam
26-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I thought it could well have been a booking. Cynical. However a quick word would have sufficed. What I did find astonishing was when Baird in the follow up lifted his hands to Shinnie right under the refs nose. He should have walked. The fact he booked him and Shinnie led me to think he really had lost the plot. That was a minute into the game!!!!

He didn't book either of them though. And then booked Boyle for doing exactly what Baird had done. D!ck.

J-C
26-03-2017, 10:11 AM

Did I say they were, my post was aimed at the referees and their assistants, the fact that they were awful/biased allowed Falkirk to get away with kicking us all over the park, with only a couple of yellows shown.

Oscar T Grouch
26-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Assume that Hibs will appeal the Cummings yellow if they think it wasn't merited...

Can't appeal yellows, only reds.

Baldy Foghorn
26-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Pathetic from Clancy yet again.

Let them constantly foul without taking appropriate action. Taiwo could/should have been sent off, their bench realised it, and subbed him (How many times have opposition teams done this against us). Missed a couple of Hib penalty shouts, was pernickety and not in full control.....

Heisenberg
26-03-2017, 10:36 AM

I'm sure you can appeal a yellow when it's for a dive.

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2017, 10:39 AM

Most sensible post on this thread!!

emerald green
26-03-2017, 10:39 AM
The performance from the officials was what I've come to expect sadly, i.e. rank rotten, and at times bordering on the suspicious.

PatHead
26-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Our next referee is Nick Walsh. Can't say I have heard of him. Strange appointment for an important match. Also why can they not have 4th officials when there are no premier matches

MrSmith
26-03-2017, 11:49 AM
To be honest, it is down to our board to fight these injustices. I wish they would.

givescotlandfreedom
26-03-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm sure you can appeal a yellow when it's for a dive.

I think so too.

Argylehibby
26-03-2017, 12:00 PM
To be honest, it is down to our board to fight these injustices. I wish they would.

The problem with the Board fighting them is that we wouldn't get to hear of it. What's needed is the manager to as questions/ make comments during post match interviews, particularly when we win, about incidents. How the "tackle" by Gasparotto was only a booking is incredible and the sort of thing that could be highlighted quite easily during post match interview. i.e. "Shinnie might miss / make the Morton game, he seemed to be the target of particular attention today. the tackle by Gasparotto could easily have been a red card."

where'stheslope
26-03-2017, 01:14 PM
He didn't book either of them though. And then booked Boyle for doing exactly what Baird had done. D!ck.

Not able to say what was said, but if bad language is used that could be the reason for the booking.

Some referees will take abuse and be OK with it, but when bad language is used it can be deemed personal.

StevieCowan
26-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Wrong, if it's for simulation you can.

If they don't then can we agree it was a dive.

Boyle run 15 yards to get involved when the ref already had a yellow card in his pocket ready to book a Falkirk player.

No idea about the Graham caution other than if he's went into the crowd it's a yellow card.

Some of the comments on the ref are OTT and only being seen with green glasses on.

ancient hibee
26-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Pretty sure the Cummings booking was correct.From behind it looked as if he deliberately tripped himself.

CropleyWasGod
26-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Pretty sure the Cummings booking was correct.From behind it looked as if he deliberately tripped himself.
Yup.

Lucky to stay on the park IMO.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Thegreenside
26-03-2017, 02:58 PM

Hibs 3 bookings:

Boyle for sticking up for his team mates and not letting Houstons Hammer Throwers bully us

Graham for mistaken identity or celebrating our winner or something mysterious that only the ref knows
Boyles was the most annoying due to the fact that little rat number 9 for them done the same in the first minute

Thegreenside
26-03-2017, 03:08 PM

Hibs 3 bookings:

Boyles was the most annoying due to the fact that little rat number 9 for them done the same in the first minute

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Cheats never win.

Hearts won the cup in 2012.

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 03:50 PM

I don't think clubs can appeal yellow cards.

StevieCowan
26-03-2017, 03:50 PM
I don't think clubs can appeal yellow cards.

Yes they can for simulation

Hibbyradge
26-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Yes they can for simulation

I didn't know that . . .obviously. 👍

Winston Ingram
26-03-2017, 05:39 PM

It was every bit as dangerous as Neil Taylor's on Seamus Coleman on Friday

Jonnyboy
26-03-2017, 08:59 PM
You rely on Alan for your posting info on here😄

He's an excellent source :wink:

Craig_HFC
27-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Kevin Clancy is a completely incompetent ref. He is utterly useless, always has been & always will be. Never seen him have a good game.

His face is too big for his heid & the way he wears his shorts is just weird.

Also, he is frequently seen in The Meadows wearing his full SFA ref tracksuit going for a run like a twat.

JimBHibees
27-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Kevin Clancy is a completely incompetent ref. He is utterly useless, always has been & always will be. Never seen him have a good game.

His face is too big for his heid & the way he wears his shorts is just weird.

Also, he is frequently seen in The Meadows wearing his full SFA ref tracksuit going for a run like a twat.

He is from the West is he not.

Craig_HFC
27-03-2017, 07:30 PM
He is from the West is he not.

I've got no idea but my Dad sees him quite regularly running about the Meadows

s.a.m
27-03-2017, 07:37 PM
I've got no idea but my Dad sees him quite regularly running about the Meadows

Being chased by folk with pitchforks and flaming torches?

Craig_HFC
27-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Being chased by folk with pitchforks and flaming torches?

:greengrin