PDA

View Full Version : Win on Wednesday and the league is ours

neil7908
25-03-2017, 04:10 PM
OK not mathematically but no chance of us getting caught. Even a draw would be enough.

hibbysam
25-03-2017, 04:12 PM
OK not mathematically but no chance of us getting caught. Even a draw would be enough.

Avoid defeat and it is done and dusted.

Jack Hackett
25-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Here we go :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
25-03-2017, 04:21 PM
We'd really need to Hearts it to not win it now

Northernhibee
25-03-2017, 04:33 PM
I don't buy it. It's not so much the big games that are tripping us up, it's the smaller games.

Until we're mathematically confirmed as champions we're not. Might be boring but it's true and I'd be raging if the club were to think otherwise.

hibbysam
25-03-2017, 04:36 PM
I don't buy it. It's not so much the big games that are tripping us up, it's the smaller games.

Until we're mathematically confirmed as champions we're not. Might be boring but it's true and I'd be raging if the club were to think otherwise.

We would be 13 clear with just 21 available for Morton. They won't win every game and we will collect more than 7 from our last 6, we've lost once since December.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 04:45 PM

As much as what your saying is a well worn cliche it's not really true Is it. There comes a point when you have to say Morton aren't going to win all their remaining games.

Nobody is sayinh the trophy should be presented now and I wouldn't expect the players to be admitting it but as fans I think it's ok to express an opinion that we're almost over the line before it's mathematically secure.

TheReg!
25-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Win next two games then I'll be a little more optimistic 😊

Northernhibee
25-03-2017, 04:50 PM
As much as what your saying is a well worn cliche it's not really true Is it. There comes a point when you have to say Morton aren't going to win all their remaining games.

Nobody is sayinh the trophy should be presented now and I wouldn't expect the players to be admitting it but as fans I think it's ok to express an opinion that we're almost over the line before it's mathematically secure.

Nope, don't buy it. A winners mentality is to go out and give 100% without complacency until the task is 100% done and dusted. I'd be furious if any of the players or management were to think otherwise as that's a weak, half hearted mentality that saw us blow a two goal lead against Hamilton that put us in this league in the first place. It's not over until it's over.

We're at 95% now, I'll be ready to celebrate once it's beyond any probability.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Nope, don't buy it. A winners mentality is to go out and give 100% without complacency until the task is 100% done and dusted. I'd be furious if any of the players or management were to think otherwise as that's a weak, half hearted mentality that saw us blow a two goal lead against Hamilton that put us in this league in the first place. It's not over until it's over.

Assuming you're not a player though surely you can express an opinion it's almost done before the maths confirms it?

neil7908
25-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Of course, we still need to give 100% and I have no doubt Lennon will not allow any complacency to creep in but we also need to be realistic and say that it'll be incredibly hard for anyone to catch us.

Once we do officially win it I think today's game is one we'll look back on and see as pivotal to our victory

California-Hibs
25-03-2017, 05:10 PM
It's over. We're Champions. Just a case of by how many it'll be now. Hopefully we extend it even further on Wednesday though as I've had a bet on with my dad from day 1 that it'll be 10+ in the end.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 05:16 PM
It's over. We're Champions. Just a case of by how many it'll be now. Hopefully we extend it even further on Wednesday though as I've had a bet on with my dad from day 1 that it'll be 10+ in the end.

Correct. No way we'll throw this away now.

If it was just one team, like Dundee Utd for example on our tails I'd be more concerned but in this league when everyone's taking points off each other there's no way Morton or Falkirk will make up this difference in such a short space of time.

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2017, 05:17 PM
It's over. We're Champions. Just a case of by how many it'll be now. Hopefully we extend it even further on Wednesday though as I've had a bet on with my dad from day 1 that it'll be 10+ in the end.It is not over and we're not champions.

Steve20
25-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Avoid defeat and it's over.

stantonhibby
25-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Who mentioned players or management? This is just us lot discussing it amongst ourselves

CyberSauzee
25-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Correct. No way we'll throw this away now.

If it was just one team, like Dundee Utd for example on our tails I'd be more concerned but in this league when everyone's taking points off each other there's no way Morton or Falkirk will make up this difference in such a short space of time.

Completely agree.

We're not brilliant but better than the rest which is good enough. Give us the trophy now.

Wilson
25-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Skooooosh!

HibbyAndy
25-03-2017, 05:46 PM
It's over alright

Northernhibee
25-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Who mentioned players or management? This is just us lot discussing it amongst ourselves

Truthfully I think we have it in us to throw it away. It's highly, highly unlikely but there'll always be that niggling feeling in the back of my mind when there's two games to go against Morton.

It's hugely unlikely though and I can't wait to get it all wrapped up.

stantonhibby
25-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Truthfully I think we have it in us to throw it away. It's highly, highly unlikely but there'll always be that niggling feeling in the back of my mind when there's two games to go against Morton.

I think that's more to do with your dislike of Lennon than anything else

hibbysam
25-03-2017, 05:52 PM

**** me!! Lennon could have won every game this season and you'd still find faults!

Ozyhibby
25-03-2017, 05:53 PM
I imagine the recruitment dept had two plans made based on whether we were in the Championship or the premier league and after today the championship one will have been put quietly in a drawer.
Big summer ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Hackett
25-03-2017, 05:55 PM

Just a toaty wee bit contradictory, no? Nothing beats covering your ass though :greengrin

Northernhibee
25-03-2017, 06:03 PM

It'll take a long time to be able to forget the run we had at the end of the season that got us relegated. Thankfully Lennon is one hundred the times the manager Butcher was (even though I'm not a fan of him) but **** me, after that season when we went down I don't think I'll ever count our chickens before they're hatched.

Lago
25-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Correct:top marks

Thecat23
25-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Just like at the start of the season folk going on about QOTS. Then it was Utd now it's Morton. These teams DONT have the squad or mental strength to win the league simple as that.

We really should have had it wrapped up to be honest, but there is and will only be one winner of this league and it's Hibs. I hope all those who keep saying "but we'll lose to Falkirk or Morton" shake off the negativity and for once show faith because we win big games when needed.

Northernhibee
25-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Correct:top marks

:rolleyes: We've hardly done enough to merit the thought that we're not going to drop many points recently, have we? I'll be thoroughly relieved to see us promoted but as I say, not counting any chickens until it's impossible for us to be caught.

For the record, I don't dislike Lennon on a personal level. He seems like a passionate, articulate and interesting person.

bingo70
25-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Just like at the start of the season folk going on about QOTS. Then it was Utd now it's Morton. These teams DONT have the squad or mental strength to win the league simple as that.

We really should have had it wrapped up to be honest, but there is and will only be one winner of this league and it's Hibs. I hope all those who keep saying "but we'll lose to Falkirk or Morton" shake off the negativity and for once show faith because we win big games when needed.

When people are talking about Morton or Falkirk catching us they're basing it on them winning all their games, that's not going to get even close to happening, without looking at the maths or fixtures they'd probably be lucky to win half their remaining games.

In reality We're probably not a million away from being able to lose all our remaining games without being caught and that clearly won't happen.

California-Hibs
25-03-2017, 06:12 PM
It is not over and we're not champions.

It is over, and it's all but official that we're Champions. Why so cautious? Let your hair down and enjoy it. Not mathematical, but it's over.

PatHead
25-03-2017, 06:22 PM
We are going to skoosh it. Said it for months. The rest of the league are rubbish.

--------
25-03-2017, 06:25 PM
It's been ours to lose for quite a while now, but we've shown a degree of fragility and an inability to break down massed defences (that get away with all sorts of illegalities thanks to the Masons in the black/yellow/whatever) which is why many folks are still extremely nervous.

We have 58 points with 7 games to play and 21 points to play for.

Morton's present maximum possible is 72 points. Worst case (Morton winning all their games including the two against us) we need to win ALL our other matches.

If we beat Morton on Wednesday evening we'll have 61, their maximum will be 69, so we'd then need to win just 3 more games to be safe from them.

Falkirk can only make 66, so we'd need to win only 3 games to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

United can make 68, which means we need 4 to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

Wednesday evening's the absolute key - win our home game against Morton and we can really begin to relax and even celebrate. This is on the assumption that at least one of our main rivals go unbeaten from now until the end of the season.

WhileTheChief..
25-03-2017, 06:27 PM
League title was always going to be ours this season, it's just a matter of when.

Can't believe some folk still think that one of the distant chasing pack are going to win 7 on the bounce whilst we lose at least 3 out of the seven. It's just not going to happen.

Focus is 100% on the semi final for me.

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2017, 06:28 PM
It is over, and it's all but official that we're Champions. Why so cautious? Let your hair down and enjoy it. Not mathematical, but it's over.Anything but official isn't official. I'll celebrate when we cannot be caught.

lord bunberry
25-03-2017, 06:30 PM
It's over hibs will be champions and we need to start looking towards next seasons assault on the premier league title.

Johnny Clash
25-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Ever since the 2003 new year derby when we were 2 up and coasting it in extra time I always contain myself and believe its best to keep totally focused and think nothing's won until it's won. That's what Neil Lennon will have us do.

Callum_62
25-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Ever since the 2003 new year derby when we were 2 up and coasting it in extra time I always contain myself and believe its best to keep totally focused and think nothing's won until it's won. That's what Neil Lennon will have us do.

Lennon just said win on Weds and he thinks that it

:greengrin

Golden Bear
25-03-2017, 08:51 PM
It's been ours to lose for quite a while now, but we've shown a degree of fragility and an inability to break down massed defences (that get away with all sorts of illegalities thanks to the Masons in the black/yellow/whatever) which is why many folks are still extremely nervous.

We have 58 points with 7 games to play and 21 points to play for.

Morton's present maximum possible is 72 points. Worst case (Morton winning all their games including the two against us) we need to win ALL our other matches.

If we beat Morton on Wednesday evening we'll have 61, their maximum will be 69, so we'd then need to win just 3 more games to be safe from them.

Falkirk can only make 66, so we'd need to win only 3 games to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

United can make 68, which means we need 4 to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

Wednesday evening's the absolute key - win our home game against Morton and we can really begin to relax and even celebrate. This is on the assumption that at least one of our main rivals go unbeaten from now until the end of the season.

Our nearest rivals have all to play each other between now and the end of the season. Ok, I've now been fortified with a few wee goldies but if we beat Morton on Wednesday then surely the title will be as good as won.

Bishop Hibee
25-03-2017, 09:05 PM
We are going to skoosh it. Said it for months. The rest of the league are rubbish.

You not invited round to the cup winning party tonight 😉

It's as much to do with the rest of the league being rubbish than our performances. I said 8 points margin early in the season and I'll stick to that. It was always about getting up and we've one foot in the Premiership after today.

California-Hibs
25-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Anything but official isn't official. I'll celebrate when we cannot be caught.

Haha ok. I'll celebrate now 👍

Fishwicke
26-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Anything but official isn't official. I'll celebrate when we cannot be caught.
And so will I. I've had to many disappointment in my life to assume anything.

Wee Effen Bee
26-03-2017, 12:11 AM
It is over, and it's all but official that we're Champions. Why so cautious? Let your hair down and enjoy it. Not mathematical, but it's over.

Just to be pedantic for pedantry' sake, it's not mathematics it's arithmetic. So, we should be saying, "I'm not having a celebratory wenk :greengrin till it's arithmetically certain we can't be caught!" Oh, and,

:giruy2: Houston with your discourteous rants against us ya fud!

Deansy
26-03-2017, 12:22 AM
Just to be pedantic for pedantry' sake, it's not mathematics it's arithmetic. So, we should be saying, "I'm not having a celebratory wenk :greengrin till it's arithmetically certain we can't be caught!" Oh, and,

:giruy2: Houston with your discourteous rants against us ya fud!

:greengrin I like !

Super_JMcGinn
26-03-2017, 03:40 AM

Today was much bigger than Wednesday's game imo. I said Flakirk were our biggest challengers last week and was delighted Morton beat them. Time to get the slippers on at last and enjoy the run in for once, I hope it's finally clinched at ER though.

--------
26-03-2017, 07:01 AM
Our nearest rivals have all to play each other between now and the end of the season. Ok, I've now been fortified with a few wee goldies but if we beat Morton on Wednesday then surely the title will be as good as won.

Absolutely. As I say, win on Wednesday and we can begin to relax and celebrate.

Yesterday and Wednesday were and are the crunch games, and we've won the first leg, so to speak. Even I now expect us to be playing in the Premiership next season. Positively.