PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

CathroMustStay
25-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Wins the big games, that's what he does.

Born winner. Proud he's Hibs manager and hope he is for years to come.

:flag:

Heisenberg
25-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Went charging towards the Falkirk fans to celebrate the winner. Tremendous.

Deansy
25-03-2017, 04:19 PM

Think he's really getting into Hibs -his touchline antics are getting more and more like the Neil Lennon when he was at Septic !

SteveHFC
25-03-2017, 04:29 PM

What a guy :faf:

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Got to hand it to Leann D, she can pick them. Lennon's attitude is exactly what Hibs have lacked in a manager for years.

makaveli1875
25-03-2017, 04:45 PM
i was just reading thats the 1st time weve beat falkirk at Easter Road since 2009 , hats off to lennon

hfc rd
25-03-2017, 05:07 PM
As the Op said, I'm delighted that NL is the Hibs manager. A born winner. Don't give a f*** about his Celtic connections in the past. He's doing the business for Hibs and that's what matters most!

Cosmic Truth
25-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Wins the big games, that's what he does.

Born winner. Proud he's Hibs manager and hope he is for years to come.

:flag:

:aok:

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Signings - Ambrose put us ahead
Substitutions - Keatings laid on first and scored winner
Tactics - Brought on Hanlon att right time to shore things up.

Motivation - Gives the players a stronger edge in big games. Falkirk would have gotten a point, perhaps even three, last season.

Not a lot else he could do today.

One Day Soon
25-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Think he's really getting into Hibs -his touchline antics are getting more and more like the Neil Lennon when he was at Septic !

I think we've gotten under his skin and hopefully he will be here for a long, lomg time.

IberianHibernian
25-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Modern football being what it is ( lots of loan deals and short contracts ) IF we don`t collapse and throw promotion away he`s going to have a huge test in next 2 months motivating players hopefully on way to double knowing that about half of them won`t continue with us next season . He`s a very experienced manager and he`ll know more than anyone that displays like today`s show we need to make big changes in summer if we want to challenge at top end of the league .

Eireann
25-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Delighted to hear the fans singing his name today. :flag:

Hi Heid Yin
25-03-2017, 10:19 PM
I respect Neil Lennon utterly for his drive, self belief and fight.
He has given us a ruthless edge in these dog fights with Falkirk.
Our record of 3 wins and a draw against them has gone a long, long way in deciding who sits top of this slog-of-a-division.
Reverse our fortunes against The Bairns and they would be sitting top.
Lennon has had to whip this team on occasion and make some big decisions (ie drop Cummings) and he has done so in order to take us to where we now sit - on the edge of Championship glory.
He has bought into Hibs. His passion on the sidelines is a wonderful sight and just shows how he feels for our club.
Thank you Neil Lennon.
:flag::flag:

Unseen work
25-03-2017, 10:20 PM
I wonder how this thread would of looked if not for a Keatings screamer.

I imagine there would of been a further 6 pages to it.

Deansy
25-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Our record of 3 wins and a draw against them has gone a long, long way in deciding who sits top of this slog-of-a-division.
Lennon has had to whip this team on occasion and make some big decisions (ie drop Cummings) and he has done so in order to take us to where we now sit - on the edge of Championship glory.
He has bought into Hibs. His passion on the sidelines is a wonderful sight and just shows how he feels for our club.
Thank you Neil Lennon.

If (still 'If' !) we get back into the SPL next season, all Neil has to do is give his 'Rocket up the arse' treatment BEFORE every game and it's 'HELLO EUROPE' - MISSED US ??'

Super_JMcGinn
26-03-2017, 03:59 AM
Thank you Neil Lennon.

Dropping Jason for so long was the wrong decision imo but hats off to him and the team for winning the majority of the big games as you put it. Had we turned up for the other games this league would have been done and dusted weeks ago and if you're dishing out credit you also have to acknowledge the fact we have underachieved big time against the smaller teams.

Greenworld
26-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Dropping Jason for so long was the wrong decision imo but hats off to him and the team for winning the majority of the big games as you put it. Had we turned up for the other games this league would have been done and dusted weeks ago and if you're dishing out credit you also have to acknowledge the fact we have underachieved big time against the smaller teams.
Not sure what's going on with Jason he was not in the game today at all very poor

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

neil7908
26-03-2017, 07:42 AM
I was delighted when he joined. Have had the odd doubt after some of our poorer performances but love his attitude and passion. His contacts in the game are also a huge bonus. No way we'd have Commons, Effe or Marciano if it wasn't for him.

Also think he's a very intelligent and thoughtful guy. I was really impressed with the radio interview he did with the BBC not long after he had joined.

Delighted to have him (as I said at the time how many managers have come to us with not just 1 but multiple SPL titles in their recent history?).

Real test is next season though where we'll be expected to make top 6 at the least.

number9dream
26-03-2017, 07:56 AM
He's getting the job done and that's the bottom line.

On yesterday's performance there's no doubt Keatings' wonderful goal papered over more than a few cracks. I'd like to see a lot less of the long balls we smash up in the direction of Holt.

Commons & Ambrose moves have proved very useful indeed. 👍

SRHibs
26-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Not sure what's going on with Jason he was not in the game today at all very poor

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The only way he was going to do anything was by creating something himself. Holt was dire yesterday and I don't think Boyle got a decent ball into the box all game. Cummings wasn't great but a player like him needs to be facilitated.

Hi Heid Yin
26-03-2017, 07:01 PM

I agree that we have underachieved against some of the smaller teams, but on the plus side, we have drawn most of these games where before we would likely have lost half of them. This I'm convinced is down to Lennon's influence. These frustrating at the time draws have tallied up and helped towards our current 10 point lead at the top.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Cast your mind back to the European games.
How close he took us so early in his reign is a measur of the man. When have we gone into Europe since the 80s with a decent shout of progressing - and all that from the second tier. Remarkable - for me in Europe he inspired confidence.
Glad to have him onboard.