PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Cup Final

GlesgaeHibby
25-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Andreu scores a screamer, St Mirren then go straight up the park and equalise.

Ronniekirk
25-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Andreu scores a screamer, St Mirren then go straight up the park and equalise.

Based on the game recently at Paisley when saints won 3 2 there should only be one winner Expecting a good night out later tonight in Paisley Hopefully after watching Us win as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlesgaeHibby
25-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Based on the game recently at Paisley when saints won 3 2 there should only be one winner Expecting a good night out later tonight in Paisley Hopefully after watching Us win as well

:agree: Absolutely, been by far the better team.

Albanian Hibs
25-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Dundee Utd are pish.

RamblingJack
25-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Would be interesting to know how many are there.

Ronniekirk
25-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Would be interesting to know how many are there.

9 000 ot thete about according to a mate who is theteFive thousandSt Mirren

Just Jimmy
25-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Its 2-1 dundee utd. What a rubbish game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

where'stheslope
25-03-2017, 02:43 PM
United win the Cup, glad we turned them over a few weeks ago, they could be lifted by this!

Hope they have still to play Morton and Falkirk soon and do us a turn!!!

Wilson
25-03-2017, 02:44 PM
United win the Cup, glad we turned them over a few weeks ago, they could be lifted by this!

Hope they have still to play Morton and Falkirk soon and do us a turn!!!

Nobody will be lifted. There wasn't even a pitch invasion.

Mantis Toboggan
25-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Glad we went out of this early again. Waste of time and effort. Also the prize money is buttons.

pacorosssco
25-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Glad we went out of this early again. Waste of time and effort. Also the prize money is buttons. yes and better off playing league today than have games in hand maybe letting those below close point gap and apply extra pressure. Well done united though. A trophy is a trophy

Joe6-2
25-03-2017, 03:00 PM
yes and better off playing league today than have games in hand maybe letting those below close point gap and apply extra pressure. Well done united though. A trophy is a trophy

Two words.......Petrofact cup, or whatever it's called!! Ha ha

ColinNish
25-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Two words.......Petrofact cup, or whatever it's called!! Ha ha

Fizzy pop cup. 😁

SirDavidsNapper
25-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Hopefully we never appear in that competition again

Ronniekirk
25-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Hopefully we never appear in that competition again

Hopefully you are right but we are making heavy weather of winning games just now even when weather is great

25-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Dismal trophy for no mark clubs like Dundee Utd and Rangers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2017, 04:14 PM

Would you say that the fans who turned out are no marks as well?

25-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Would you say that the fans who turned out are no marks as well?

Don't really care about their fans.

ColinNish
26-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Yawn. Pretty sure you'd no be saying that if we'd won it any of the seasons we've been down here.

Ringothedog
26-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Yawn. Pretty sure you'd no be saying that if we'd won it any of the seasons we've been down here.

It would have been just another game.I would have wanted my club to win but if we had lost I would hardly be upset. The only thing that has mattered since our relegation has been getting promoted. Nothing more nothing less What would I have preferred yesterday ? beating Falkirk with a brilliant last minute winner in a crucial promotion game or win a minor trophy ? It certainly wouldn't have been the trophy

Sir David Gray
26-03-2017, 01:02 PM
It would have been just another game.I would have wanted my club to win but if we had lost I would hardly be upset. The only thing that has mattered since our relegation has been getting promoted. Nothing more nothing less What would I have preferred yesterday ? beating Falkirk with a brilliant last minute winner in a crucial promotion game or win a minor trophy ? It certainly wouldn't have been the trophy

Absolutely.

If we had been in that final yesterday then of course I would have wanted us to win it but I do not care that we have never won it and I hope we're never in it again.

where'stheslope
26-03-2017, 01:03 PM

Look at the quality teams you have play to win it???

How the ****** did we never win it?????

Ringothedog
26-03-2017, 01:07 PM

Because we played the the Rangers twice ?

My_Wife_Camille
26-03-2017, 01:14 PM
When this whole horrible nightmare is over, one of the things I'll be most delighted about is the fact the club never embarrassed themselves by ever making any serious attempt to win that piece of junk.

Swedish hibee
26-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Were Hibs in this competition? What happened to them? Spent the summer building my house so was very busy!!!

SaulGoodman
26-03-2017, 01:32 PM
When this whole horrible nightmare is over, one of the things I'll be most delighted about is the fact the club never embarrassed themselves by ever making any serious attempt to win that piece of junk.

:agree: Pish trophy, with the final played at a pish run down stadium summed up by one guy wheeling out the one confetti canon for the winners.

Lancs Harp
26-03-2017, 02:45 PM
:agree: Pish trophy, with the final played at a pish run down stadium summed up by one guy wheeling out the one confetti canon for the winners.

Talking of pish , I was toiling manfully watching this in Robbies, 0-0, went to use the facilities and returned to find the score was 1-1. Certainly had to do a double take of the TV screen.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Don't really care about their fans.

Old Firm-esque statement. Well done you.

ColinNish
26-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Exactly. beaten by those "no marks" The Rangers twice. 🤔

Is It On....
26-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Who really cares about the Challenge Cup? We shouldn't be in it in the first place (arrogant statement but a team with the 5th biggest support in Scotland should NEVER be out with the top league in my opinion) so will be delighted when we don't qualify for it next season.

SirDavidsNapper
26-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Who really cares about the Challenge Cup? We shouldn't be in it in the first place (arrogant statement but a team with the 5th biggest support in Scotland should NEVER be out with the top league in my opinion) so will be delighted when we don't qualify for it next season.

5th?

Is It On....
26-03-2017, 04:30 PM
5th?

Third 😉

Sir David Gray
26-03-2017, 05:37 PM

Our average support is far higher than Aberdeen's and not far behind the puddle drinkers. Assuming we get promoted we'll be the third highest next season.

Craig_HFC
27-03-2017, 01:03 PM

The Man of the Match trophy was genuinely a glass bottle of Irn-Bru.

:faf:

Nakedmanoncrack
27-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Spot on.
If Hibs were where DUTD are, miles adrift in 4th place of second tier, and players were cavorting about the park celebrating something as worthless as this, I'd be livid.
Utterly embarrassing for a once great club.