PDA

View Full Version : Lennon more subdued or realistic

familyman
24-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Seems N L is accepting we(the team)are doing ok and if we win league just by one point that is ok..
Is this the same man who called the team a boy band and he would sort it out...Lowering expectations can be infectious
We need to be very positive especially now after so many false starts....
I agree we need to finish first but are we to go through another horrendous last few games AGAIN? Totally no we need to blow teams out of the water and play above and beyond the call of duty right now.This is Hibs we are talking about and we have expectations that are realistic if players do what they have shown they ARE capable of.No more boy bands please.
:flag:

HoboHarry
24-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Seems N L is accepting we(the team)are doing ok and if we win league just by one point that is ok..
Is this the same man who called the team a boy band and he would sort it out...Lowering expectations can be infectious
I agree we need to finish first but are we to go through another horrendous last few games AGAIN? Totally no we need to blow teams out of the water and play above and beyond the call of duty right now.This is Hibs we are talking about and we have expectations that are realistic if players do what they have shown they ARE capable of.No more boy bands please.
Just hame fae the pub are we?

JimBHibees
24-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Neil is a winner and will take us up. Delighted he is Hibs manager. Let's get a win tomorrow and cement first place.

jacomo
24-03-2017, 09:04 PM
He's being positive and trying to take pressure off the players. Obviously everyone wants a winning run to wrap up this League ASAP but at the end of the day finishing first is all that matters.

The team need our support. Bed wetting not helpful!

lord bunberry
24-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I think he's realised that being hibs manager is not as easy as he thought. We should be out of sight in this league, but we're not. We're still a boy band team that can beat anyone on their day, but also struggle against utter dross like last week. Very few managers have managed to find the formula to make hibs successful, but one day someone will and we'll do a Leicester. Lennon could be that man next season if he takes us up.

18Hibee75
24-03-2017, 09:22 PM
He has said about games before that he doesn't care how we win, as long as we do win. I think this is the type of attitude he is adopting for this season, for me thats fine, I just want to get out of this league and focus on next season and then look to build a very solid future in the premiership.

I think Lennon will get us winning games in Premiership and get us playing some good football along with it, he is a winner who expects nothing less, he WILL win us this title I am 100% sure of this.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Pete
24-03-2017, 09:54 PM
A "boy band"?

I presume he made those comments before he realised he had players like Grant Holt in the dressing room.

He'd even be too old to get into Take That.

AZhibee
24-03-2017, 11:56 PM
A "boy band"?

I presume he made those comments before he realised he had players like Grant Holt in the dressing room.

Grant Holt would be the creepy middle-aged boy band Manager.

Scott Allan Key
25-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Grant Holt would be the creepy middle-aged boy band Manager.

Wrong team.

SirDavidsNapper
25-03-2017, 01:33 AM
A "boy band"?

He likened Hibs to a boy band when we had the likes of Riordan and Thomson when he was at Celtic. Was quoted when he took the Hibs job. Said he wanted us to be tougher.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2017, 07:28 AM
He's being positive and trying to take pressure off the players. Obviously everyone wants a winning run to wrap up this League ASAP but at the end of the day finishing first is all that matters.

The team need our support. Bed wetting not helpful!

If you look at the attendance figures then I am not sure that lack of support for the team is a credible suggestion. We have reached and gone by the point of excuses.

where'stheslope
25-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Neil Lennon has tried every trick in the managers manual to get the players in the right frame of mind for games!

Some work, some don't, but in the main we are out in front in this terrible league and for this he is doing a good job.

The big problem to me is the players mind set, they believe they will go in and skoosh games, and it tends to backfire on us.

In the cup games they know it will be hard and come out with fight and determination and win!!!

So, what we need is for the players to adopt the cup attitude for the next 3 league games and i'm sure the league can be done and dusted!!!!!

Jones28
25-03-2017, 09:39 AM
He's tried everything else, maybe the subtle approach is finally going to kick the team on...for some reason.