PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final in Cologne

Big90inOz
24-03-2017, 12:48 AM
I will be in Cologne on the weekend of the Aberdeen game, wondering if any of our German based Hibbys can advise a bar / club which will show the game ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Try The Corkonian on Alter Markt, stopped off there on the way to Essen for the 50th anniversary game.

Make sure you pay a visit to Früh am Dom beside the cathedral too. A bit touristy but, good fun.

Hibbyradge
24-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Cologne? FFS, when is this madness going to stop?

Yes, I know money is important in the Scottish game, but there would be no game without the fans.

Semi finals should be played at Hampden. Petrie GTF. :grr:

How's everyone getting there?

madhibee_again
24-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Spent last weekend in Cologne, cracking city you'll have a great time. If you can make sure you get to FC Koln game, great day out.

There's an Irish bar James Joyce on Teutoburger Street which might show it - beer wasn't great there however it's next to a fantastic burger place Die Fette Kuh which I'd highly recommend.

givescotlandfreedom
25-03-2017, 10:53 AM
I watched the 4-3 Falkirk semi in the Corkonian at Alter Markt. Barney Valleys will likely have it on too. Might be a couple of German Hibees at Barney's too.

Big90inOz
25-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Cheers Guys

Been to Cologne a few times but not had a game to watch, I'm staying in the centre close to the cathedral
I'm staying in a hotel about 200m from the Corkonian

Dashing Bob S
25-03-2017, 11:41 AM
I daresay I'll be drenched in the stuff at Hampden as usual.

cheltenhamhibee
25-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Cheers Guys

Been to Cologne a few times but not had a game to watch, I'm staying in the centre close to the cathedral
I'm staying in a hotel about 200m from the Corkonian

I have a mate who lives in Cologne,I've messaged him about pubs and will let you know where you'll be able to watch the game when he gets back to me:thumbsup:

Big90inOz
25-03-2017, 12:35 PM
I have a mate who lives in Cologne,I've messaged him about pubs and will let you know where you'll be able to watch the game when he gets back to me:thumbsup:

Cheers bud !!

cheltenhamhibee
25-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Cheers bud !!

Barney Vallely's is where he recommends,It's near the cathedral

http://www.barneyvallelys.com

Big90inOz
25-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Barney Vallely's is where he recommends,It's near the cathedral

http://www.barneyvallelys.com

I know this bar, sat at the end of the bar and watched Hibs Tv on the pub laptop, they were committed to showing rugby so couldn't put the game on TV. Staff were excellent

cheltenhamhibee
21-04-2017, 10:45 AM
I know this bar, sat at the end of the bar and watched Hibs Tv on the pub laptop, they were committed to showing rugby so couldn't put the game on TV. Staff were excellent

Just heard from my mate, he will be there at 11, says best to get there early if you're still going, seemingly there is a right wing (not football lol) demonstration on , so could be a wee bit tasty , if you go, stay safe and enjoy the game GGTTH

Frazerbob
21-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Cologne is a great city. Do not, whatever you do, go to Pacha to celebrate our win though. That would be a really bad move. :wink:

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Just heard from my mate, he will be there at 11, says best to get there early if you're still going, seemingly there is a right wing (not football lol) demonstration on , so could be a wee bit tasty , if you go, stay safe and enjoy the game GGTTH

Small bar but glad uve got somewhere to watch. Great city . Enjoy. Worth going further out to
Belgen quarter and ehrenfield if poss. Only a tenner in taxi back to centre

wpj
21-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Get the train to Dusseldorf (better city :wink:) only a half hour and head to http://www.mclaughlins.de/ in the Altstadt, always a Hi-Bee there and maybe even Matty Jack will be there. Once the game is over make use of the rest of the area, more pubs per square mile than anyware in Europe (or it used to be)

Big90inOz
21-04-2017, 11:14 AM
I'll be watching the game from Perth, Australia now as the meeting I was going to has been delayed till the end of May.
Interesting about Düsseldorf , maybe I'll nip over with the train as I'm staying close to the Cathedral / train station

pacorosssco
21-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Get the train to Dusseldorf (better city :wink:) only a half hour and head to http://www.mclaughlins.de/ in the Altstadt, always a Hi-Bee there and maybe even Matty Jack will be there. Once the game is over make use of the rest of the area, more pubs per square mile than anyware in Europe (or it used to be)

Dusseldorf worth a trip if poss but both great places. Id pick Koln of two but take in both if poss. Owner mclaughlins was with matty jack at hibs preseason game v vitesse few years back and was a good man.

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2017, 10:53 PM

A pal of mine over there said it won't be open in time for the game due to this so maybe worth a call.

cheltenhamhibee
21-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Just been told my mate in Cologne that the pub will be closed unfortunately on police advice, they are expecting massive disorder with the protesters

wpj
21-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Dusseldorf worth a trip if poss but both great places. Id pick Koln of two but take in both if poss. Owner mclaughlins was with matty jack at hibs preseason game v vitesse few years back and was a good man.

Was that Tom McLaughlin? Sadly no longer with us not sure who owns it now but the staff have been there for ever! A Celtc pub but all teams very welcome.