PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGhee Tries to get people to turn up for Scotland on sunday

OxoHibby
23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39370028

What a pathetic plea. Come along and if we a rubbish boo us

delbert
23-03-2017, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=OxoHibby;4986628]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39370028

What a pathetic plea. Come along and if we a rubbish boo us[/QUOTE

Somewhat ironic from the guy who went greetin to the polis when a few guys did pretty much exactly that at Pittodrie a few weeks ago !

GreenLake
23-03-2017, 05:56 PM
He needs to get the players to turn up

Eyrie
23-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Booooooooooooo!!!

Saves me the effort of switching the TV on.

Bostonhibby
23-03-2017, 05:57 PM
As it's Magoo I might consider sending him a letter booing him but that's as far as I'd go on this one.

CB_NO3
23-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Wont even watch it on TV.

23-03-2017, 06:36 PM
McGhee's a balloon!
Obviously used to getting boo'd at Motherwell.
Another one of yesterday's men destined to drag our nation even lower down the standings.

jacomo
23-03-2017, 06:37 PM
I want Scotland to do well but then I remember McGhee is involved and enthusiasm wanes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Time for these two to move along. There was an opportunity for progress before that awful result to Georgia away and who knows what may have happened had we won that game. But WGS know seems to have no real ideas left.

OxoHibby
23-03-2017, 06:38 PM
McGhee's a balloon!
Obviously used to getting boo'd at Motherwell.
Another one of yesterday's men destined to drag our nation even lower down the standings.

Was he ever even today's man?

Thecat23
23-03-2017, 07:16 PM
I hope we get ****ing roasted.

Sooner guys like him are gone the better.

CorrieHibs
23-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

Ken
23-03-2017, 07:24 PM
It's negative bulls**t like this that's one of our problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmadaleHibs
23-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Quoting Mark McGhee here

'The team will change'

And McGhee says no-one should read too much into a disappointing 1-1 friendly draw against Canada.

"The team will change," stressed the former Motherwell boss.

The only thing that should change is the management. If we weren't a laughing stock before yesterday then I think Sunday will cement just how bad we are. Granted it's a tough call as to who will come in to take over, but honestly anyone has to be better than these two absolute monkeys who have absolutely no clue as to how to pick and utilise a squad.

Slavoj Zizek
23-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Nice one Dingus. The guy needs some Public Relations classes from Anytown Polytechnic. What a cockwomble.

lucky
23-03-2017, 08:32 PM
The largs mafia are the reason are game is ****ed. McGee is a product of this crap regime. I'm amazed folk still go and watch Scotland. FFS when did a championship match against Dumbarton ever get a bigger crowd than the national team. WGS has killed us of with his clueless vision of football. I doubt we will ever qualify for the World Cup again in my lifetime

Sir David Gray
23-03-2017, 08:39 PM
I could never say that I hope Scotland lose a game of football but my interest in the national team is almost zero right now. It's almost at the same level as it was when Levein was in charge.

I actually liked Strachan in the early days but I feel it's time for him and McGhee to move on. He should have resigned after the last campaign but this one has been an utter disaster so far as well so I think he should walk away and let someone else come in.

There's bigger problems within Scottish football right now than Gordon Strachan but we're going backwards at the moment and he has to take responsibility for that.

Lancs Harp
23-03-2017, 08:42 PM
The largs mafia are the reason are game is ****ed. McGee is a product of this crap regime. I'm amazed folk still go and watch Scotland. FFS when did a championship match against Dumbarton ever get a bigger crowd than the national team. WGS has killed us of with his clueless vision of football. I doubt we will ever qualify for the World Cup again in my lifetime

With the planned expansions it will almost be harder not to qualify than qualify.

Look on the bright side.

Sir David Gray
23-03-2017, 08:44 PM
With the planned expansions it will almost be harder not to qualify than qualify.

Look on the bright side.

People said that about the European Championships after they were expanded ahead of Euro 2016.

That turned out well. :rolleyes:

G B Young
23-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

The pundit I heard talking about the paltry crowd for the Canada game said they should have considered having the Slovenia game at ER because as of a couple days ago Hampden was shaping up to be less than half full. Hard to see many more taking up McGhee's invitation to come along and boo the team.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Why would I pay a scandalous price to go and boo Scotland when I can continue with my tried, tested and far more enjoyable method of getting through international breaks (granted this isn't an international break for Hibs)? Namely having a couple of beers, checking the score in between episodes of Arrseted Development on Netflix and mocking accordingly.

Hibbyradge
24-03-2017, 11:57 AM
"You never know, we might be decent".

Good lord. Marketing at it's most sublime.

Bishop Hibee
24-03-2017, 12:49 PM
If he waves the proverbial claymore he'd be roasted. Only way he can win is if the team wins and he can give it the GIRUY to the critics. Otherwise him and Strachan are out.

Iain G
24-03-2017, 01:00 PM
"I can only say to fans I know there's a group of players going into this game hugely determined and positive regardless of previous results because they are playing well within good situations at their clubs," added McGhee.

I assume he is talking about Slovenia? :greengrin

Slavoj Zizek
24-03-2017, 05:05 PM
"You never know, we might be decent". Good lord. Marketing at it's most sublime. Well said mate. Castlemaine 4 X booooo. Anyone want three tickets for Sunday? Dingus thinks he can get another job despite his ban. #LOLScotland

Bostonhibby
24-03-2017, 05:12 PM
"I can only say to fans I know there's a group of players going into this game hugely determined and positive regardless of previous results because they are playing well within good situations at their clubs," added McGhee.

He's employed Father Dougal as a junior assistant trainee scriptwriter by the sound of it. I hope he's not paying him for rubbish like this. What does it actually mean?

Slavoj Zizek
24-03-2017, 05:16 PM
He's employed Father Dougal as a junior assistant trainee scriptwriter by the sound of it. I hope he's not paying him for rubbish like this. What does it actually mean? On a more serious note, we all want change within the SFA. But who would everyone want to restructure our pathetic training/results etc... Answers on a postcard.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2017, 05:26 PM
On a more serious note, we all want change within the SFA. But who would everyone want to restructure our pathetic training/results etc... Answers on a postcard.
A couple of decades ago I used to care but the backward looking old chums club that is the West of Scotland branch of the Lodge that runs Scottish football has completely turned me off the national side and the suits tinkering with the fringes whilst preserving their networks means I've given up on this debate and am totally focussed on Hibs.

Slavoj Zizek
24-03-2017, 05:38 PM
A couple of decades ago I used to care but the backward looking old chums club that is the West of Scotland branch of the Lodge that runs Scottish football has completely turned me off the national side and the suits tinkering with the fringes whilst preserving their networks means I've given up on this debate and am totally focussed on Hibs.

Well said mate. I would have had to write a thesis to explain what you have succinctly summarized. :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
24-03-2017, 05:42 PM

Amen

tamig
24-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Well said bud. I had a brief resurgence of interest at the start of Strachan's reign but he has gone downhill since midway through the last Euro campaign. Some of his selections now beggar belief. I don't care now. Hibees every time.

where'stheslope
24-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Good Luck Mark McGee!!!

If he can't get people to turn up for Motherwell games, what chance has he got for Scotland????

Funny thing is Motherwell and Scotland tend to be similar, both start out each year thinking they will be top or near the top, then reality steps in and oops were out again!!!!!!

--------
24-03-2017, 08:51 PM

He's employed Father Dougal as a junior assistant trainee scriptwriter by the sound of it. I hope he's not paying him for rubbish like this. What does it actually mean?

Not Father Dougal.

Sister Cathro.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Not Father Dougal.

Sister Cathro.
Ah, that explains it [emoji106]