Ambrose
Stevenson

Shinnie
McGeough
Bartley
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

Aye, picks itself. Perhaps the pitch isn't ideal for McGeouch, but we really need him in McGinn's absence.

JDHibs
23-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Team pretty much picks itself now. He may bring Fyvie in for Bartley.

However, SDG couldnt have any complaints if he was dropped after his recent performances. Ambrose looked comfortable at RB. Doubt NL will do it though.

Tamhere1875
23-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Laidlaw

Foster
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Shinnie
McGeough
Bartley
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

overdrive
23-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Laidlaw

Foster
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Shinnie
McGeough
Bartley
Boyle

Cummings
Holt

This... assuming SDG is injured. Although Lennon would probably have Ambrose and Forster the other way around.

Borderhibbie76
23-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Team pretty much picks itself now. He may bring Fyvie in for Bartley.

However, SDG couldnt have any complaints if he was dropped after his recent performances. Ambrose looked comfortable at RB. Doubt NL will do it though.
He might if Hanlon is back??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

S4uzee
23-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Mcgregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Fyvie
Bartley
McGeouch

Boyle
Cummings
Shinnie

RamYer1902
23-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
Bartley
McGeouch
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
23-03-2017, 06:15 PM
I expect us to get play a 3-5-2 this weekend.

Heavy park, heavy challenges from Houston's hatchets.

1-0 Hibs.

Nicho87
23-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Laidlaw
Gray McGregor Ambrose Stevenson
Boyle McGeouch Bartley Shinnie
Holt Cummings

California-Hibs
23-03-2017, 10:12 PM
McGeough MUST play in this match. No questions.

StevieCowan
24-03-2017, 06:05 AM
3-5-2

Laidlaw

Foster McGregor Ambrose

Gray Bartley Fyvie McGeough Stevenson

Holt Cummings

Although I suspect Shinnie will play rather than McGeough

neil7908
24-03-2017, 06:33 AM
I will be astounded if Mcgeough starts the game. Don't get me wrong, I think when fit he's one of our best players but we've been treading very delicately so far regarding his injuries and I'd be amazed to see him thrown into this kind of game (bad pitch, Falkirk kicking lumps out of him) after such little game time recently.

lumbo_hfc
24-03-2017, 07:12 AM
3-5-2

Laidlaw

Foster McGregor Ambrose

Gray Bartley Fyvie McGeough Stevenson

Holt Cummings

Although I suspect Shinnie will play rather than McGeough

So it's going to be us parking the bus and not Falkirk!! Why so defensive??

H18 SFR
24-03-2017, 07:33 AM
So it's going to be us parking the bus and not Falkirk!! Why so defensive??

I also think it will be a 3-5-2. Reasons being: pitch, Houston's hammers, lack of McGinn, lack of Rocky - to protect Laidlaw, solid foundation to build on.

Pretty Boy
24-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Forster
Mcgreggor
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeough
Fyvie
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

stantonhibby
24-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Forster
Mcgreggor
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeough
Fyvie
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

I think ,and hope, that will be the team

B.H.F.C
24-03-2017, 07:59 AM
I will be astounded if Mcgeough starts the game. Don't get me wrong, I think when fit he's one of our best players but we've been treading very delicately so far regarding his injuries and I'd be amazed to see him thrown into this kind of game (bad pitch, Falkirk kicking lumps out of him) after such little game time recently.

Keep seeing this mentioned about McGeough. But if we don't think about actually playing him the season will be finished.

Play him and if he breaks down he breaks down.

stantonhibby
24-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Keep seeing this mentioned about McGeough. But if we don't think about actually playing him the season will be finished.

Yep , if he's fit he has to play tomorrow especially with McGinn missing. Otherwise what are we saving him for ? These next two home game are huge in the context of our season.

worcesterhibby
24-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Forster
Mcgreggor
Stevenson

Boyle
McGeough
Fyvie
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

I think we need Bartley in there to make sure we have the physical presence to man-up to Falkirks dirty tactics, I'd take Fraser out and put Marvin in.

JDHibs
24-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Whats the point in getting McGeouch fit for him not to play incase he gets injured?

If we dont play him we will have a midfield of Fyvie and Bartley. None of whom are creative.

Dunbar Hibee
24-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Doubt he's going to drop our captain tbh.

ancient hibee
24-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Well in my opinion if he doesn't start he's no good to the club I'm afraid.What is the point in wrapping him in cotton wool if he's never going to play?

B.H.F.C
24-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Might not 'drop' him but he's rated doubtful.

And based on form, he couldn't grumble if he was left out.

IAmLee
24-03-2017, 11:45 AM
I think we need Bartley in there to make sure we have the physical presence to man-up to Falkirks dirty tactics, I'd take Fraser out and put Marvin in.

I would normally agree but if Falkirk employ their usual tactic of sitting back and trying to attack on the counter at ER then I wouldn't play him. He's a great stopper but he slows things down too much against teams who sit in like that. Fraser isn't as effective defensively but his drive to get forward would help in that situation. Also both Fyvie and McGeouch like to come and get the ball from the defenders and start play from deep, that doesn't really fit well with Bartley's game either in my opinion.

Dunbar Hibee
24-03-2017, 11:45 AM

Didn't know that so my apologies. Also agree with second part.

JimBHibees
24-03-2017, 11:55 AM
3-5-2

Laidlaw

Foster McGregor Ambrose

Boyle Bartley McGeouch Stevenson

Shinnie

Holt Cummings [/QUOTE]

Would be my team can't see it happening though.

Super_JMcGinn
24-03-2017, 12:11 PM

And nor should he, some people ought to have a word imo.

Super_JMcGinn
24-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Based on your opinion of his form you mean. Jesus wept so called fans now calling for SDG to be dropped.

R'Albin
24-03-2017, 12:14 PM

I disagree. He's been really poor in the last couple of months and a spell out the team might not be a bad thing.

Northernhibee
24-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Lewis

Fyvie
McGeouch
Shinnie

Holt
Graham
Cummings

No ****ing about, they'll sit in. Two big men to bully their defence, pump it into the box and let Jase pick up the scraps.

B.H.F.C
24-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Based on your opinion of his form you mean. Jesus wept so called fans now calling for SDG to be dropped.

Haha I'm a 'so called' fan because I questioned his form.

Are we not allowed to question anything he does these days because of what he did last May?

In the last few weeks he made a howler against Dunfermline which cost a goal. He was sleeping against Dumbarton which cost us a goal. And we lost two goals from the right back area at St Mirren. I'm sure absolutely none of the above was his fault though.

Lago
24-03-2017, 12:19 PM
So irrespective of how his form is he is always going to play, thats one way of picking a team.

Tamhere1875
24-03-2017, 12:21 PM
David Gray hasn't been at the top of his game shall we say ( better than saying he's been murder the last few weeks ) time to put sentiment behind us and get a team on the park who can win us games.

Borderhibbie76
24-03-2017, 12:32 PM

Exactly this he is needed with no SJM...if he breaks down then Mcginn is back weds but we must take a gamble. Please not fyvie and Bartley together

Borderhibbie76
24-03-2017, 12:32 PM
He is doubtful with a tight hamstring

Pretty Boy
24-03-2017, 12:40 PM

Why?

David Gray is a legend and in 5 minutes, 5 years or 5 decades I'll struggle to resist the urge to kiss the man whenever I'm with 20 metres of him. Not just for the goal but the way in which he rolled his sleeves up and dragged the whole team with him to victory in the final.

It doesn't alter the fact he's been well out of sorts for a few weeks now and has cost us goals. When it comes to picking a Hibs team all that should matter is current form and as it stands David Gray could have no compaints about being left out.

northstandhibby
24-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Lewis

Fyvie
McGeouch
Shinnie

Holt
Graham
Cummings

No ****ing about, they'll sit in. Two big men to bully their defence, pump it into the box and let Jase pick up the scraps.

No Boyle?

glory glory

Northernhibee
24-03-2017, 01:50 PM
No Boyle?

glory glory

Nope, just good old route one fitba. In recent weeks we pass it about slowly,concede then just start launching it long and equalising.

Just skip to the end, battle, as ugly as it is it's what's required in this league.

madhatter
24-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Marciano

Gray
McGregor
Ambrose
Lewis

Fyvie
McGeouch
Shinnie

Holt
Graham
Cummings

Is Marciano back?

Billy Whizz
24-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Is Marciano back?

Live scores has him listed as starting tonight against Spain

JimBHibees
24-03-2017, 03:38 PM
David Gray hasn't been at the top of his game shall we say ( better than saying he's been murder the last few weeks ) time to put sentiment behind us and get a team on the park who can win us games.

He's still one of our best players and has been involved in all our best wins in the last few seasons.

MWHIBBIES
24-03-2017, 03:48 PM
He's still one of our best players and has been involved in all our best wins in the last few seasons.He has been our worst player in the last month IMO. Major mistakes against Dunfermline, St Mirren and Dumbarton.

HibbyKeith
24-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Past the team bus outside the players car park at ER about an hour ago. Looked like they were waiting on other players to arrive as there was already a couple of players sitting on the bus, I'm assuming they are all away tonight to prepare for tomorrows game.

bigwheel
24-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Past the team bus outside the players car park at ER about an hour ago. Looked like they were waiting on other players to arrive as there was already a couple of players sitting on the bus, I'm assuming they are all away tonight to prepare for tomorrows game.

if that's the case, w they are taking the preparation very seriously.. Hope it pays off!

Billy Whizz
24-03-2017, 04:14 PM

Did you see McGinn

JimBHibees
24-03-2017, 04:21 PM
He has been our worst player in the last month IMO. Major mistakes against Dunfermline, St Mirren and Dumbarton.

He has made mistakes however is still quality.

HibbyKeith
24-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Did you see McGinn

No didn't see him Billy I was driving so it was just a glance, there was only a couple near the back of the bus I did noticed Holt and Stevenson.

Moody Blues
24-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Would love to see the young guy Martin in midfield, he has a good engine on him and runs at defenders.