PDA

View Full Version : Will he or won't he?

vuefrom1875
23-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Release sjm for clubs duties on Saturday?

marinello59
23-03-2017, 11:34 AM
If common sense and a sense of fair play prevails he will.

NthCarolinaHibs
23-03-2017, 11:46 AM
EEN saying he is staying with WGS so will not play Saturday for Hibs...

Baldy Foghorn
23-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Doubt it, Strachan is a stubborn wee blighter

IAmLee
23-03-2017, 12:03 PM
EEN Saying that he's staying with Scotland. Seem to remember Strachan having no issues releasing McLeod back to rangers when they had a game against the mighty Alloa so unsure why he won't release John back to us. Unless he is planning on playing him of course, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case!

Sammy7nil
23-03-2017, 12:16 PM
EEN Saying that he's staying with Scotland. Seem to remember Strachan having no issues releasing McLeod back to rangers when they had a game against the mighty Alloa so unsure why he won't release John back to us. Unless he is planning on playing him of course, but I'd be very surprised if that was the case!

McGinn may get a game from the bench

hibbysam
23-03-2017, 12:20 PM

I would say there's as much chance of me playing. McGinn got barely any time in a friendly when half the squad were rested. Brown, Morrison, Fletcher, Cairney, Bannan, Armstrong are all in front of him for two places. McGinn will be lucky if he sneaks a place on the bench.

erin go bragh
23-03-2017, 12:29 PM
I would say there's as much chance of me playing. McGinn got barely any time in a friendly when half the squad were rested. Brown, Morrison, Fletcher, Cairney, Bannan, Armstrong are all in front of him for two places. McGinn will be lucky if he sneaks a place on the bench.
Bannon and Fletcher were poor last night . I can see SJM getting on with 15/20 to go on Sunday.

Big L
23-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Bannon and Fletcher were poor last night . I can see SJM getting on with 15/20 to go on Sunday.

How does that help us? To quote Lennon" the next two games could define our season" and I totally agree with him, we need our best players available for these games. McGinn is quoted as saying "he is a Scotland player for the week, I want to stake a place in the team for the Slovenia game" it would appear he prefers to play in that game than play for us against Falkirk, if it's true I find it difficult to accept.

Onceinawhile
23-03-2017, 12:56 PM
How does that help us? To quote Lennon" the next two games could define our season" and I totally agree with him, we need our best players available for these games. McGinn is quoted as saying "he is a Scotland player for the week, I want to stake a place in the team for the Slovenia game" it would appear he prefers to play in that game than play for us against Falkirk, if it's true I find it difficult to accept.

If he says he won't play for Scotland they would just income the fifa ruling that doesn't allow him to play for his club team.

It's nobodies fault but our own that we are in this position. Of we'd been promoted we would have the week off.

Folk desparate to have a go at Strachan for giving him a cap and at sjm for wanting to play for his country! Unreal.

IAmLee
23-03-2017, 12:57 PM

He might, but it is doubtful. If, for instance, he starts with Brown, Armstrong, Ritchie, Snodgrass and Forrest I would imagine Burke, Cairney, Fletcher, Naismith and potentially Morrison would be in front of him for a midfield place, and that's if he sticks with the 5 man midfield. He could get on for 10-15mins at best but at the same time there is a good chance he won't even make the bench! He'll never start and we'll lose an influential player for the sake of a few minutes? Just seems a bit daft.

KeithTheHibby
23-03-2017, 01:12 PM
If he says he won't play for Scotland they would just income the fifa ruling that doesn't allow him to play for his club team.

It's nobodies fault but our own that we are in this position. Of we'd been promoted we would have the week off.

Folk desparate to have a go at Strachan for giving him a cap and at sjm for wanting to play for his country! Unreal.

That is probably not going to be the case though is it? A cameo appearance last night with Scott Brown, Armstrong and Forrest to come back into the equation suggests to be the McGinn will be lucky to get stripped.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm sure he was released in similar circumstances last season so if he's not being released this time then we just have to suck it up and get on with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
23-03-2017, 01:21 PM

He said that he was a Scotland player unless told otherwise. It's up to the managers.

It's out of his hands. If he is part of the Scotland squad what is he going to do other than give 100%?

Don't think McGinns commitment to Hibs can be questioned whatsoever.

hibbysam
23-03-2017, 01:31 PM

Whether poor or not, they are still well in front of McGinn in regards a Scotland place, rightly or wrongly. If you can't get a game in a friendly with 4/5 in your position out, then there is no chance at the weekend.

Brightside
23-03-2017, 01:34 PM
SJM will come on in the 70th minute when we are 3-0 down.

Big L
23-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Strachan named a 30 man squad, with around a dozen midfielders, I could be wrong but I don't think McGinn will start and if it's only a cameo appearance then he's weakened our team for nowt!

Forza Fred
23-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Strachan named a 30 man squad, with around a dozen midfielders, I could be wrong but I don't think McGinn will start and if it's only a cameo appearance then he's weakened our team for nowt!

Well, the reality is that Strachan cares only about one thing...doing what he thinks is best for Scotland.

I would imagine SJM will be on the bench for Scotland, and probably won't get a run

However if I was Scotland's manager I would keep him as insurance, and not worry about Hibs fans feelings.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Well, the reality is that Strachan cares only about one thing...doing what he thinks is best for Scotland.

I would imagine SJM will be on the bench for Scotland, and probably won't get a run

However if I was Scotland's manager I would keep him as insurance, and not worry about Hibs fans feelings.

Exactly. Strachan is making the right call here no matter how much an inconvenience it is for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
23-03-2017, 03:02 PM

Insurance?? He has about 15 midfielders out of his 28 man squad. He would need about 5 of them to get injured before McGinn gets quoted.

we are hibs
23-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Strachan is an insufferable clown. Luckily no one will have to endure him anymore after Sundays humiliation. Hopefully he is never associated with hibs in an official capacity in any shape or form.

bod
23-03-2017, 03:09 PM
if SJM doesn't play this weekend then he should be raring to go in his next game