PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Pitch

Billychaotic182
22-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Anyone else think our pitch looked awful tonight. We were very quick to criticise the hearts pitch but ours tonight was awful. Granted the weather has been shocking but I was embarrassed by it.

Nicho87
22-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Bob Lee

Big_Franck
Anyone else think our pitch looked awful tonight. We were very quick to criticise the hearts pitch but ours tonight was awful. Granted the weather has been shocking but I was embarrassed by it.

Yeah it looked horrible and will only be worse now after tonight. It'll turn saturday's game in to more of a battle which im not sure will suit us.

HibsNutter
It's only going to help teams that want to sit in and park the bus against us zzzzzzzzz

we are hibs
22-03-2017, 09:02 PM
It doesn't help when we are needlessly renting it out to the SFA.

Waxy
22-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Seems to have gone from good to ugly in a short space of time.
No point re laying a new pitch now.

Billychaotic182
22-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Fingers crossed Tam and his team can work a few miracles on it

Sir David Gray
22-03-2017, 09:03 PM
I was shocked at how bad it was tonight. I don't remember it looking as bad as that on Saturday!

Hopefully the ground staff can get to work on it over the next couple of days and make some improvements before Saturday.

bigwheel
22-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Fingers crossed Tam and his team can work a few miracles on it

thats not going to get any better in a few days...looks murder...will be a problem for us for weeks now....

greenlex
22-03-2017, 09:16 PM
I think I'm alone in thinking it looked worse than it played. The ball was rolling. It looked flat with no bobbles. Hard to tell. Looked poor tho. Been really poor weather this week to be fair.

Capt Mainwaring
22-03-2017, 09:19 PM
I hope Hibs were well paid by the SFA for the rent of ER tonight.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Parts of it had water settled on top earlier today so no wonder it cut up and looked bad.

Hiber-nation
22-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Meant to be tropical on Saturday. To be honest I don't think it'll bother us too much, we're not exactly playing silky stuff.

hibbymac
22-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Stolen from Facebook - ..... The pitch isn't looking too good at Easter Road, but you can still see the grass, ...... he's wearing number 3 for Scotland :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2017, 09:39 PM
great shot of the stadium when the sky team were finishing up, class stadium :agree:

Billychaotic182
22-03-2017, 10:46 PM
great shot of the stadium when the sky team were finishing up, class stadium :agree:

Beautiful 😍😍

magpie1892
22-03-2017, 11:46 PM
I think I'm alone in thinking it looked worse than it played. The ball was rolling. It looked flat with no bobbles. Hard to tell. Looked poor tho. Been really poor weather this week to be fair.

You're not alone. It was playing well enough for the Canada forwards to ping it about. Wallace wasn't caught out by bobbles or sticking...

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Only grass on the park was Lee Wallace

Swedish hibee
23-03-2017, 01:39 AM
It didn't look that bad on Saturday. ..

Viva_Palmeiras
23-03-2017, 04:53 AM

Just like the closure of BTG there are consequences for our relegation making arrangements such as this far from needless.

JimBHibees
23-03-2017, 06:24 AM
I think we just got unlucky with this game and the timing of it. Pitch looked ok on Saturday however both teams would probably have trained on it on Tuesday and then constant rain and then match yesterday. Looked poor however the forecast for the next few days is dry and warming up so hopefully recovers.

HH81
23-03-2017, 06:29 AM
The pitch is the pitch.

Same for both teams. Got to go out and beat Falkirk and get this league won.

Bishop Hibee
23-03-2017, 07:10 AM

Aye Hibs are so flush we don't need the money right enough.

A winter of freezing conditions followed by mild conditions has caught up with the surface. The rain didn't help. No Scottish pitches look good. I thought Parkhead looked poor on the TV.

we are hibs
23-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Aye Hibs are so flush we don't need the money right enough.

A winter of freezing conditions followed by mild conditions has caught up with the surface. The rain didn't help. No Scottish pitches look good. I thought Parkhead looked poor on the TV.

the cost of some ***** international vs a potential mistake that could be made that plays a part in costsing us promotion in the next two games. Obviously the pitch wouldn't have been great for the next two games regardless but playing this meaningless friendly on it is going to make it even worse. All for the sake of a few grand.

tamig
23-03-2017, 08:34 AM
The pitch is the pitch.

Same for both teams. Got to go out and beat Falkirk and get this league won.

That first sentence is classic Cathro. Nice one 😊

Coults1875
23-03-2017, 08:35 AM

:thumbsup:

Jones28
23-03-2017, 09:11 AM
If we choose a more direct style with Holt up front then it won't matter how the pitch looks tbf.

Forza Fred
23-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Bring back the slope!

SirDavidsNapper
23-03-2017, 11:22 AM

In this moment the pitch is the issue. We accept we need to show more fight to get the first ball, second ball to bounce. The schematics of the pitch don't allow this in this moment. Problem? There is no problem. This is OK.

hibbymark
23-03-2017, 03:04 PM
I walked past Easter Rd at the corner where the east stand meets the south stand earlier. There was big lorries outside removing camera cables or advertising electrics from last night meaning the corner door/gate was wide open.

i had a good look in and there was absolutely no work going on or anyone near the pitch.

I have to say though whether it's been worked on this morning or just good drainage down at pitch level it looked just as decent as Saturday I.e not bad at all and better than anything I've seen on the TV from Pitodrie,parkhead or fir park etc this season .

I think that Weather permitting it will be decent by the weekend

where'stheslope
24-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Bring back the slope!

I'm here!

I just think that the pitch is always going to get worse over the winter, until we spend money we don't have to get a Hybrid layed.

Water and frost at the same time is the worst case scenario, as it freezes the water stays on the surface the undersoil heating melts it and it all slows down the drainage!!

The new Hybrid Pitches allow the surface water to escape through plastic tubes woven into the grass structure to make it like a half and half grass and plastic pitch therefore harder wearing and better drainage.

brianmc
24-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Imagine how the pitch would be if we'd actually had a Winter!!

*It's been as good/mild a winter as you're ever likely to encounter in this country.

Golden Bear
24-03-2017, 06:47 PM

*It's been as good/mild a winter as you're ever likely to encounter in this country.

Were our much vaunted national squad training on the pitch in the days leading up to the game? The pitch didn't seem so bad last Saturday but a few days later it was like a badly ploughed field.

Billy Whizz
24-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Were our much vaunted national squad training on the pitch in the days leading up to the game? The pitch didn't seem so bad last Saturday but a few days later it was like a badly ploughed field.

The Canadian team trained on it on Tuesday, not sure about Scotland

Billy Whizz
24-03-2017, 06:50 PM

It has, but we didn't have a summer last year, so growth was probably less than expected

brianmc
24-03-2017, 07:14 PM

I have no idea. I didn't follow the pre match training regimes
Or watch the game.
However i did think the pitch was particularly​ bobbly last week every time Martin Boyle tried to get the ball under control....

brianmc
24-03-2017, 07:15 PM
It has, but we didn't have a summer last year, so good with was probably less than expected

I realise there's a typo in your post, I just can't quite figure it out though.

Billy Whizz
24-03-2017, 07:22 PM
I realise there's a typo in your post, I just can't quite figure it out though.

Sorry Edit

cabbageandribs1875
25-03-2017, 07:13 PM
listening to sportsound in the car home today and an english guy(think he said a tourist) went along to watch the scotland v canada game, then asked tam cowan how he gets his £22 back, and left a P.S. a very impressive stadium :agree::thumbsup: but we already know that :)