PDA

View Full Version : Felipe morais

Hibee_Craig7062
21-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Scores after 3 mins for Bolton. Always flattered to deceive at ER IMO

CapitalGreen
21-03-2017, 07:56 PM
He is definitely playing well at present. He provided 7 assists in 2 games last week.

Waxy
21-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Seems to score quite regular. What we need from certain midfielders and defence.

Hibee_Craig7062
21-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Sublime free kick from him hits the bar and team mate taps it in.

Hiber-nation
21-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Some free kick leading to the 2nd. Surprised that's he's doing so well as I never rated him.

jacomo
21-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Completely forgot he ever played for us.

Michael
21-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Really surprised to hear that he's playing at that level. He didn't do much for us.

Boyle89
21-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Did he not score 1 goal for us but got ko'd while doing it?

Mr White
21-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Scored for Bradford at Stamford bridge in the cup a couple of years ago IIRC.

Smartie
21-03-2017, 08:26 PM
He was a typical wide player who blew hot and cold but he certainly had something and had a few decent games for us.

Sometimes he got tackled but he kept on running at defences and I liked that.

As per usual, an element of our fan base would give him pelters for trying stuff that didn't come off.

jacomo
21-03-2017, 08:35 PM
He was a typical wide player who blew hot and cold but he certainly had something and had a few decent games for us.

Sometimes he got tackled but he kept on running at defences and I liked that.

As per usual, an element of our fan base would give him pelters for trying stuff that didn't come off.

Don't be too harsh on our fans.

Morals was once good enough to play for Chelsea. But only briefly - they moved him on like so many clubs after them.

He's like one of those trick guys on you tube - obvious talent with the ball but not actually much of a football player.

Stax
21-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Really surprised to hear that he's playing at that level. He didn't do much for us.
Talking of levels, Jay Spearing playing for Bolton, never struck me as a Liverpool player.

OxoHibby
21-03-2017, 08:56 PM

What level. It's the English 3rd division. I've seen quite a bit of it and been to Oxford a few times. It's not all that.

IWasThere2016
21-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Some free kick leading to the 2nd. Surprised that's he's doing so well as I never rated him.

I've seen Wanderers three times in last 6/7 weeks and he is easily their best player. I also thought he was rank but he is vastly improved.

calumhibee1
21-03-2017, 10:32 PM

English football is pish. We're consistently told that the SPL is level with league two in England when in reality the bigger clubs are probably on par with the bottom end of the championship. Chris Dagnall has scored about 14 goals this season in league two yet looked out his depth in the Scottish Chanpionship..

18Hibee75
21-03-2017, 10:34 PM
Don't be too harsh on our fans.

Morals was once good enough to play for Chelsea. But only briefly - they moved him on like so many clubs after them.

He's like one of those trick guys on you tube - obvious talent with the ball but not actually much of a football player.
Just like Zoubir!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
21-03-2017, 10:35 PM
He wasn't very good.

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2017, 10:50 PM
English football is pish. We're consistently told that the SPL is level with league two in England when in reality the bigger clubs are probably on par with the bottom end of the championship. Chris Dagnall has scored about 14 goals this season in league two yet looked out his depth in the Scottish Chanpionship..

This. Outside the Premier league (which is vastly overrated), English football is pretty dire. The difference is they talk their game up whereas we talk ours down.

lyonhibs
21-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Always thought there was a decent player in there. Quite liked him during his time at ER. Towards the end he gave a spineless performance at Tynecastle that blotted his copybook though IIRC.

Was always fun to hear that ER MC with his garbled attempts to pronounce his name.

Philip Moray being the most common outcome

calumhibee1
22-03-2017, 08:10 AM
This. Outside the Premier league (which is vastly overrated), English football is pretty dire. The difference is they talk their game up whereas we talk ours down.

:agree: I have no doubt that even with the current squad of players we wouldn't get relegated from the Championship in England and Aberdeen would probably be towards the upper end of the bottom half. Hearts under Neilson would also have survived, I'm not sure they would now. Rangers would probably finish somewhere in the bottom half and Celtic would absolutely romp the league IMO. You just have to look at the players who go between the two leagues to see that there is very little difference. Doyle, Dobbie, Morais, Doherty, Matt Done & Donaldson from recent times at Hibs have all moved on down there after being average at best up here and carved out good careers. Likewise, people like Barton came up here and looked out their depth, even our own Fontaine has came up here after being a Championship stalwart for years and while he's done alright, he's not looked any better than what's already up here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Morias reminded me at times of a cat playing with a ball of wool. Wee tricky bits but not a whole lot of end product. Rule of thumb for players should be what they do here and not what they have done elsewhere and for who. Joe Keenan was once on Chelsea's books as well and that wasn't a marker for quality.

woodythehibee
22-03-2017, 09:37 AM
I met him in a club in Edinburgh one night. Was a decent guy, happy to talk football and bought me a drink. :aok:

LancashireHibby
22-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Can't begin to describe just how good Morais has been in recent weeks. We've been playing three at the back because of injuries so effectively he's been playing right wing back and his engine is incredible. Works his backside off and just keeps going and going. I went last night and he was superb again but I also went to Gillingham away last Tuesday and he was absolutely untouchable. A world away from the kid who flattered to deceive.

tamig
22-03-2017, 11:04 AM
I remember Morais having a fantastic game against Celtic at ER when Boruc made his infamous cock-ups.

CorrieHibs
22-03-2017, 11:14 AM

I've said this for years. Especially to English folk on holiday and they just laugh. I give them loads of examples.

James Collins was another one. He scores every week down south.

League 1 and 2 are very poor quality when I've ever watched the goals on tv. I have no doubt the championship is a good league down there, however if Hibs, hearts and Aberdeen got as much cash as they do, I think we would be fine. Not saying challenging but definitely wouldn't be struggling.

chinaman
22-03-2017, 11:48 AM
I met him in a club in Edinburgh one night. Was a decent guy, happy to talk football and bought me a drink. :aok:

Aye ! I heard that too , also heard he can often be found in "guy bars". Wink,wink

TheMentalHibees
22-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Only thing I remember about morais was watching him over-celebrate a st johnstone goal against us in the league cup, wasn't even him that scored either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson
22-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Completely forgot he ever played for us.

Hardly surprising. As far as I am recall the best thing he ever did for us was leave.

Andy74
22-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Just like Zoubir!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with Zoubir. Done well for himself since leaving us.

Waxy
22-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Wonder what became of Benji and Zemmama

JDHibs
22-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Just another player to add to the large list of players who have went on to make a decent career after leaving Hibs.

yonder1875
22-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Just another player to add to the large list of players who have went on to make a decent career after leaving Hibs.

Also adds to the list of players who were sh*te up here but can do it in the 'amazing' English lower leagues.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-03-2017, 07:04 PM

Or the wider picture that some players find their feet with some clubs and others don't. Seeing it that way doesn't make it a Hibs thing.

KeithTheHibby
22-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Also adds to the list of players who were sh*te up here but can do it in the 'amazing' English lower leagues.

That's just a myth. Very few players who leave ER on the premise that they aren't good enough very rarely go on to have outstanding careers.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Wasn't a bad player for us

givescotlandfreedom
22-03-2017, 08:20 PM
I've said this for years. Especially to English folk on holiday and they just laugh. I give them loads of examples.

James Collins was another one. He scores every week down south.

League 1 and 2 are very poor quality when I've ever watched the goals on tv. I have no doubt the championship is a good league down there, however if Hibs, hearts and Aberdeen got as much cash as they do, I think we would be fine. Not saying challenging but definitely wouldn't be struggling.

I couldn't believe my eyes when Vaz Te was banging them in down south. He was average at best. IIRC his only goal here was a mis-hit against the gimps.