PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CHANGES TO SALES PROCEDURES

RSS Bot
20-03-2017, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7399)

Big_Franck
20-03-2017, 03:16 PM
"Is the online service reliable?

We have worked with Ticketmaster to address the issues faced by supporters on previous occasions, and the last couple of high-demand sales were largely successful."

Aye, so they were. There's not a hope in hell ticketmaster had 60 operators on the phones for the sale of the tynie derby tickets either.

greenlex
20-03-2017, 03:18 PM
On line sales "largely successful"??? In what parallell universe?

BroxburnHibee
20-03-2017, 03:21 PM
I might have just got lucky but the online service worked perfectly for me for the cup derby.

lyonhibs
20-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Setting themselves up for a crashing fall the next time the system ****s up

SteveHFC
"Is the online service reliable?

We have worked with Ticketmaster to address the issues faced by supporters on previous occasions, and the last couple of high-demand sales were largely successful."

Aye, so they were. There's not a hope in hell ticketmaster had 60 operators on the phones for the sale of the tynie derby tickets either.

Everyone around me when i was queuing up for the derby tickets was saying that the online system cannot be trusted.

Setting themselves up for a crashing fall the next time the system ****s up

:agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
I might have just got lucky but the online service worked perfectly for me for the cup derby.

For the home game i was the exact same. Literally stepped off a plane as the tickets were being released and within 3 or 4 mins i had my ticket

Hiber-nation
20-03-2017, 03:31 PM
For the home game i was the exact same. Literally stepped off a plane as the tickets were being released and within 3 or 4 mins i had my ticket

Yeah that was the only big game it's worked well and that was the last one so hopefully that's it sorted.....not holding my breath though!

BroxburnHibee
20-03-2017, 03:39 PM
The thing is there will be no shortage of tickets for this game so unless you're desperate for a seat in a particular area then there's no rush to buy a ticket.

marinello59
20-03-2017, 04:15 PM
The thing is there will be no shortage of tickets for this game so unless you're desperate for a seat in a particular area then there's no rush to buy a ticket.

Exactly. If there is a problem with the online system during the first few hours it will be of our own making.

greenlex
20-03-2017, 04:34 PM
I agree if your happy to be stuck behind the goals youll be fine. If you want north or south stand tickets youll need to be off your mark. The system will crash. Guaranteed.

Onceinawhile
20-03-2017, 04:40 PM

Surely everyone wants the same seats as may??

stantonhibby
20-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Surely everyone wants the same seats as may??

Doubtful​ that South Upper will be open so sadly not possible !

HH81
20-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Doubtful​ that South Upper will be open so sadly not possible !

If the Hibs end sold out they would open it? Or would they turn people away with 1000s empty seats?

Pete
20-03-2017, 04:54 PM
I agree if your happy to be stuck behind the goals youll be fine. If you want north or south stand tickets youll need to be off your mark. The system will crash. Guaranteed.

I'd rather pay a tenner less and be behind the goals.

Still seems steep compared to last year.

stantonhibby
20-03-2017, 05:00 PM
If the Hibs end sold out they would open it? Or would they turn people away with 1000s empty seats?

Oh aye I'm sure they would..............I'm just going by the attendance at our recent semi finals

Onceinawhile
20-03-2017, 05:44 PM

£2 more than last year for behind the goals isn't a steep increase.

£20 for a Scottish cup semi final ticket is a cracking price.

RoYO!
20-03-2017, 05:53 PM
On line sales "largely successful"??? In what parallell universe?

Again, concerts can sell literally millions of tickets in a matter of minutes, we can't sell 20k.

I'd like the club to confirm what sort of package we buy through Ticketmaster, is it the relic package that can only deal with a hundred or so people at any one time?

I personally don't blame Ticketmaster- I'm sure they know exactly the amount of traffic that can get thru and that this will be known to hibs. Hibs then reckon that that's a fair amount and know that the fans will be the ones who ultimately have to suck it up.

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Everyone around me when i was queuing up for the derby tickets was saying that the online system cannot be trusted.

Funny that cos everyone I was beside in the virtual q said they preferred the online system. :greengrin

Tamhere1875
20-03-2017, 06:50 PM
More money for ticket master as they get a percentage of the cost of the phone call.

Carheenlea
20-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Aberdeen using loyalty points to facilitate with a fair distribution of tickets. Hopefully common sense will prevail for next season and we get ours back up and running again.

jgl07
20-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Aberdeen using loyalty points to facilitate with a fair distribution of tickets. Hopefully common sense will prevail for next season and we get ours back up and running again.
Exactly. the loyalty points system can be used to stagger the demand for tickets over a period of time so that you will not get 10,000 all trying to get online at the same time.

Use the loyalty points to stagger the demand. perhaps at two to three hour intervals so as to avoid the 'cliff edge' effect that crashes the system.

BroxburnHibee
20-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Exactly. the loyalty points system can be used to stagger the demand for tickets over a period of time so that you will not get 10,000 all trying to get online at the same time.

Use the loyalty points to stagger the demand. perhaps at two to three hour intervals so as to avoid the 'cliff edge' effect that crashes the system.

We've been down the loyalty points road and it proved to be a massive headache for the club.

No chance it will be back soon IMO.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2017, 07:10 PM
We've been down the loyalty points road and it proved to be a massive headache for the club.

A massive headache for Hibs, but not seemingly for every big club?

WhileTheChief..
20-03-2017, 07:10 PM
There's not a hope in hell ticketmaster had 60 operators on the phones for the sale of the tynie derby tickets either.

There's no way in hell that you can know this. Can't you not just take the Clubs' word on it?

Maybe you were just unlucky, plenty of us got tickets on the phone or online with no problem at all.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2017, 07:13 PM
There's no way in hell that you can know this. Can't you not just take the Clubs' word on it?

Maybe you were just unlucky, plenty of us got tickets on the phone or online with no problem at all.

Was there not a thread on here saying otherwise

ruthven_raiders
20-03-2017, 07:18 PM

With two young kids, behind the goals is cheaper and less chance of them not seeing anything, leave north stand to everyone who wants to stand

Iggy Pope
20-03-2017, 07:21 PM

The club made their own headache.
They still have one.

Ronniekirk
20-03-2017, 07:27 PM
If everyone goes on at the same time stands to reason some will get through and dome wont Some people dont understand what to fo when on the sysyem so thet get kicked off
Not sure what the Club can fo about the latter

But if golk are patient they will inevitably get tickets , but vlearly mot in the seats they want In that regard its not Hibs fault thier arent enoughprme seats to go round
So there will always be glitches snd issues when demand is large and concentrated st certain times
Not sure what the answer is but Frank and now Tracey dhould be all over this issue to bottom it out and if thrte ate improvements thst can. be made , push the Club to engage with whoever it tskes to implement change

Hiber-nation
20-03-2017, 07:28 PM
A massive headache for Hibs, but not seemingly for every big club?

Exactly. We still don't have the answer why this is so difficult for Hibs. It doesn't make sense and folk like me will continue to moan about it at every opportunity.....

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Exactly. If there is a problem with the online system during the first few hours it will be of our own making.

No it will be because the system is inadequate to cope with the demand.

ColinNish
20-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Was there not a thread on here saying otherwise

Yes there was

Winston Ingram
20-03-2017, 07:35 PM
There's 25,000 tickets on sale and the ST's get 2. There's no doubt there will be a problem the moment they go on sale as a load of people will feel the need to pile in the moment they go on sale.

The facts are the situation is different here. We've never sold our full allocation for a semi final so I think it's not unreasonable for the club to deal with the rush at the ticket office when they pay ticket master to do so.

20-03-2017, 07:40 PM
There's 25,000 tickets on sale and the ST's get 2. There's no doubt there will be a problem the moment they go on sale as a load of people will feel the need to pile in the moment they go on sale.

The facts are the situation is different here. We've never sold our full allocation for a semi final so I think it's not unreasonable for the club to deal with the rush at the ticket office when they pay ticket master to do so.
This year is different we are defending the cup, theres a different feeling about the semi final this year, on website it says were only getting 21k if thats the case it will most likely sell out by season tiket holders and there will be no general sale

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
20-03-2017, 07:44 PM
This year is different we are defending the cup, theres a different feeling about the semi final this year, on website it says were only getting 21k if thats the case it will most likely sell out by season tiket holders and there will be no general sale

I'd be amazed if that happens. But if it did then Hibs would probably request more (either unsold Aberdeen tickets or debenture seats).

20-03-2017, 07:45 PM
I'd be amazed if that happens. But if it did then Hibs would probably request more (either unsold Aberdeen tickets or debenture seats).
Aberdeen wont take many so i reckon we'd be able to get more. I just think we will sell out this year because of the fact we are defending the cup

20-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Is this basically the Club saying they don't know how to run a loyalty point system so we'll just hand the rush over to Ticketmaster. Easy to blame someone else if it goes wrong I suppose!

Loyalty system is the way clubs up and down the Country distribute tickets in a controlled manner where tickets are released in batches depending on the number of points you have. People know they are guaranteed tickets and they know when they should go and buy them because its done in an order. Get the process right and it results in shorter queues, lower wait times online or phones as fewer people are trying to buy at the same time.

Club should be spreading the load and making it an easier process for supporters. It should not be time consuming and a source of continual frustration. I'll probably just wait until late on the first or second day, then go online about midnight when the carnage has quietened down and just settle for best available at that time as I know now 'loyalty' means very little. For those who will undoubtedly be caught up in the rush day one, I hope it works out for you.

Winston Ingram
20-03-2017, 10:04 PM

I'd agree there is a different feeling but it's odds on if ye want a ticket, you will get one. The 42k released to both clubs means that they're not opening the top tier which has a further 10k in it.

On top of that, Aberdeen will not sell all theirs. Other than the fact that they wouldn't normally, the 12.15 k.o has put paid to that.

hibbysam
21-03-2017, 04:16 AM
Aberdeen wont take many so i reckon we'd be able to get more. I just think we will sell out this year because of the fact we are defending the cup

Aberdeen are getting tickets for North, West and South. They will be selling from the middle of the stand round, so there will be nowhere to put additional Hibs fans. For Hibs to receive Aberdeen end tickets, Aberdeen would need to start selling South and South end of West and sell round, and if they didn't sell North stand then we could have that. As it is that's not the case so any unsold Aberdeen tickets will be empty seats.

ColinNish
21-03-2017, 06:25 AM
I'm no going so there's 4 tickets no being used by an ST holder. 😎

Geo_1875
21-03-2017, 07:48 AM
The loyalty point system was fine until some uber fan wanted to sit beside his pal who couldn't find Easter Road on Google Maps. Then the moaning and bitching reached epic proportions. I didn't have a problem with the loyalty point system and have never failed to get a ticket either online or from the ticket office. Quite happy with this announcement from Hibs.

tamig
21-03-2017, 12:38 PM

I've used the online system many times over the past few seasons and I've been buying for large groups. Other than being delayed by a few minutes at 10am or whenever it opens I've always got the tickets I need with no issues at all. Appreciate others may not have been so fortunate. System is fine in my book though.