PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET INFORMATION | ABERDEEN SEMI FINAL

RSS Bot
20-03-2017, 03:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7398)

SteveHFC
20-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Tickets will go on sale from 10am on Friday 31 March, available only online and via the Hibernian Call Centre.

That's gonna cause carnage.

Big_Franck
20-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Tickets will go on sale from 10am on Friday 31 March, available only online and via the Hibernian Call Centre.

That's gonna cause carnage.

Brilliant. Cant wait to spend two hours of my day waiting in an online queue. After my experience of trying to phone for tickets for the last away derby i'll never be doing that again.

declan macmanus
20-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Away season holders punted behind the goals with no option to upgrade. I don't have one but seems harsh. They can buy an additional ticket but not beside their existing one [emoji848][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Away season holders punted behind the goals with no option to upgrade. I don't have one but seems harsh. They can buy an additional ticket but not beside their existing one [emoji848][emoji849]

No we aren't, we are in the North. East is behind the goals

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2017, 03:17 PM

The North Stand is not behind the goals, never been before? ;-)

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Maybe i'm reading it wrong, but between March 31st and April 5th - do season tidcket holders potentially get to buy 4 tickets? Then its a general free for all?

offshorehibby
20-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Maybe i'm reading it wrong, but between March 31st and April 5th - do season tidcket holders potentially get to buy 4 tickets? Then its a general free for all?

2 per client ref.

essexhibee
Any idea on when General Sale begins? Bought flights up but no tickets, was pretty confident this would be going to general sale?

Monktonhall 7

Think you're reading it wrong. STs have got until the Thursday to buy a max of 2, then its general sale.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-03-2017, 03:27 PM
2 per client ref.

Think you're reading it wrong. STs have got until the Thursday to buy a max of 2, then its general sale.

Nice one cheers.

Michael
20-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Brilliant. Cant wait to spend two hours of my day waiting in an online queue. After my experience of trying to phone for tickets for the last away derby i'll never be doing that again.

I've never really had an issue getting tickets online past few years. Even cup final was a breeze.

I don't really get why anyone would want to buy in person tbh.

Monktonhall 7
20-03-2017, 03:33 PM
I've never really had an issue getting tickets online past few years. Even cup final was a breeze.

I get what you mean, and I'm the same, however, everyone, me included, tries at 10.00am on the first day of the sale, and the system can't handle it. At 2 tickets per ST holder, every ST holder that wants a ticket will get one. It's just that most of us want the South or the North. Another Day of my life wasted:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Big_Franck
20-03-2017, 03:37 PM

People that queue up dont do so because they like waiting in line for hours. The majority of them do it because they dont trust the online system to work. They've experienced it in the past and know what a nightmare it can be.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Any idea on when General Sale begins? Bought flights up but no tickets, was pretty confident this would be going to general sale?

You'll get a ticket no bother, we will not sell 20'000 to season ticket holders.

HibsNutter
20-03-2017, 04:01 PM
I get what you mean, and I'm the same, however, everyone, me included, tries at 10.00am on the first day of the sale, and the system can't handle it. At 2 tickets per ST holder, every ST holder that wants a ticket will get one. It's just that most of us want the South or the North. Another Day of my life wasted:boo hoo::boo hoo:

You'll waste a lot less time doing it online than you would by going down to the office, no?

Nakedmanoncrack
20-03-2017, 04:09 PM
You'll get a ticket no bother, we will not sell 20'000 to season ticket holders.

Or at all, plenty to go round.

Bishop Hibee
20-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Can't see there being a problem. We'll take around 20K as usual.

Smartie
20-03-2017, 04:11 PM
We wouldn't have any of these problems if the "schematics" of our national stadium were even close to being acceptable.

As it happens they are not, so we have a ridiculous rush for a small number of tickets, to avoid having to watch the game from a poor position.

Although to be honest, it is quite refreshing that one of our most constant bugbears seems to be the clamour for tickets at Hampden.

marinello59
20-03-2017, 04:13 PM
People that queue up dont do so because they like waiting in line for hours. The majority of them do it because they dont trust the online system to work. They've experienced it in the past and know what a nightmare it can be.

There will be no need to go online as soon as tickets go on sale to buy tickets for this. There will be plenty of time, everyone really should just relax.

HibbyAndy
20-03-2017, 04:15 PM
My party has 4 season tickets between us which gives us 8 tickets but i need 12 , I think i'l wait till the general sale

SteveHFC
20-03-2017, 04:20 PM
There will be no need to go online as soon as tickets go on sale to buy tickets for this. There will be plenty of time, everyone really should just relax.

Will be if you wish better seats

wookie70
20-03-2017, 04:38 PM

I agree that everyone that wants one will get one but our allocation is 21K and we have more than 10500 season ticket holders. So in theory, if everyone wants 2 we don't have enough.

I am in favour of those attending most games getting first dibs on tickets so no issue with those away season tickets getting the better seats but why are they the only ones who are benefiting. That is in extremely small loyalty scheme. Every debate around loyalty I have read has suggested season tickets etc should guarantee a ticket not a ticket in a certain section. Should my full season ticket get me the option of particular seats before half season tickets.

Hopefully the online system will be better but I very much doubt it. A loyalty scheme, or an extended loyalty scheme on top of the one we seem to have for away season ticket holders, would have sorted it out and ordered fans into logical tranches.

H18 SFR
20-03-2017, 04:39 PM
My party has 4 season tickets between us which gives us 8 tickets but i need 12 , I think i'l wait till the general sale

Same, three ST need 8 tickets.

Pete
20-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Relax?

We have over 10,000 season ticket holders and they'll take two each. General sale will be non-existent.

Book your day off work, log on at 8am and start praying. I wish I'd forked out for an away season ticket now.

Diclonius
20-03-2017, 04:47 PM
No surprise we've been given the East Stand again.

When was the last time we were given the "Rangers" end, except when playing Celtic? Do we specifically request it or do the SFA automatically assume we want it cause we're "Celtic's wee cousins"? Do any other teams in the country aside from the OF/us/Hearts get preference for specific sides of the ground? Not annoyed, genuinely curious.

Pete
20-03-2017, 04:49 PM

When was the last time we were given the "Rangers" end, except when playing Celtic? Do we specifically request it or do the SFA automatically assume we want it cause we're "Celtic's wee cousins"? Do any other teams in the country aside from the OF/us/Hearts get preference for specific sides of the ground? Not annoyed, genuinely curious.

It's the schematics of Glasgow. In other words it's easier for Aberdeen to get North if they have the West.

It does happen too many other times to be a coincidence though. Probably a wee in-joke at the SFA.

Diclonius
20-03-2017, 04:57 PM
It's the schematics of Glasgow. In other words it's easier for Aberdeen to get North if they have the West.

It does happen too many other times to be a coincidence though. Probably a wee in-joke at the SFA.

Been a fan since the start of 2005-06 - genuinely can't think of the last time we didn't get the East except the 2013 final.

2006 SCSF: East
2007 LCF: East
2007 SCSF: East (both games)
2012 SCSF: East
2012 SCF: East
2013 SCSF: East
2013 SCF: West
2015 SCSF: East
2016 LCF: East
2016 SCSF: East
2016 SCF: East
2017 SCSF: East

It definitely is a deliberate decision - the question is whether we or the SFA/SPFL decide.

Smartie
20-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Been a fan since the start of 2005-06 - genuinely can't think of the last time we didn't get the East except the 2013 final.

2005 SCSF: East
2006 LCF: East
2006 SCSF: East (both games)

It definitely is a deliberate decision - the question is whether we or the SFA/SPFL decide.

Other than for games with Celtic, I think I can only remember us having the West end of the ground twice - for semis against United (Riordan penalty early on) and against Livingston in about 2000.

GreenCastle
20-03-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm glad they are continuing to move towards all tickets being sold online.

Avoids these daft queues. Like concerts the key is for the system to handle the volume of traffic going to be on the site.

I like the 2 per season ticket holder idea also.

Well done Hibs - hopefully majority of season ticket holders snap them up and we fill out whole end.

Been a while since we filled a full end for a semi final. This should be the challenge this time.

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2017, 05:17 PM
we also had the East v Dunfy LC final 91-92 season, thousands locked out and the polis buzzards wouldn't sort out something for a couple of sections in the West(which were nearest the North... ****s

Diclonius
20-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Just done a wee check to see if the same applies to Hearts in the same time period.

2005 SCSF: West
2005 SCF: West
2007 LCSF: East (v Rangers)
2012 SCSF: West
2012 SCF: West
2013 LCF: East

Admittedly not as big a sample as us (lol) but 4 of the 5 times Hearts have been at Hampden against Not Rangers, they've been put in the West.

Ken
20-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Relax?

We have over 10,000 season ticket holders and they'll take two each. General sale will be non-existent.

Book your day off work, log on at 8am and start praying. I wish I'd forked out for an away season ticket now.

Not all season tickets holder will need 2 tickets so there will be plenty in the general sale. I'd estimate 4,000-5,000, so 16,000-17,000 sold to ST holders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
20-03-2017, 06:01 PM

I wonder if the general thinking is that if a team is based more in the East of the country then they will be there and if they are the more Westerly, or if they have to travel North, they will be in the West. It does seem quite loose though and there's definitely a some dodge, Sevcoish thinking behind some decisions.

It's odd how geography goes out the window whenever one of the Glasgow clubs are playing. I'm not that familiar with Glasgiw but maybe most of the Celtic pubs are nearer the East and vice versa.

Pete
20-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Not all season tickets holder will need 2 tickets so there will be plenty in the general sale. I'd estimate 4,000-5,000, so 16,000-17,000 sold to ST holders

Hmmm.

Well if I log on at tea time and don't have the option to purchase some seats that are within the confines of the stadium and facing the pitch then I'll go radge.

Diclonius
20-03-2017, 06:12 PM
I wonder if the general thinking is that if a team is based more in the East of the country then they will be there and if they are the more Westerly, or if they have to travel North, they will be in the West. It does seem quite loose though and there's definitely a some dodge, Sevcoish thinking behind some decisions.

It's odd how geography goes out the window whenever one of the Glasgow clubs are playing. I'm not that familiar with Glasgiw but maybe most of the Celtic pubs are nearer the East and vice versa.

As I noted above - Hearts are more often than not put in the West. Considering they're an East of Scotland-based team, that theory doesn't work - that said, they were put in the East when they played a Glasgow based club barring Celtic.

I suspect the OF just get priority over their preferred parts of the ground. Would be interesting to see if Aberdeen, for example, or Dundee United are always put in the West.

.Sean.
20-03-2017, 06:22 PM

It definitely is a deliberate decision - the question is whether we or the SFA/SPFL decide.We were in the West for the Dundee United semi in 05, I'm positive

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Relax?

Not everyone will take the two option, I certainly won't, and the ones wanting 3 tickets each, are waiting until general sale.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2017, 06:29 PM
We were in the West for the Dundee United semi in 05, I'm positive

You have me thinking, just checked YouTube highlights, and we were in the North And West, united in the east

jgl07
20-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Will be if you wish better seats
Sometimes the longer you wait the better seats you can get.

That is if they open the South Upper to sales (as opposed to Debenture Holders) that is.

Go in early and you will be offered North Stand (which is fine if you want to stand the whole match), South Stand (somewhere in the corners), or crap seats behind the goal miles away from the action.

A truly horrible stadium.

18Hibee75
20-03-2017, 09:43 PM
I'm probably being very stupid, apologies! But it says two tickets per season ticket but if you are on the database you can get up to ten tickets. I am a season ticket holder and obviously on the database, I need to buy 8 tickets do I need four season tickets?! So confused ha ha!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

green&left
20-03-2017, 10:03 PM
I'm probably being very stupid, apologies! But it says two tickets per season ticket but if you are on the database you can get up to ten tickets. I am a season ticket holder and obviously on the database, I need to buy 8 tickets do I need four season tickets?! So confused ha ha!

Aye you'll need 4 season tickets and can buy max 10 tickets per transaction.

18Hibee75
20-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Aye you'll need 4 season tickets and can buy max 10 tickets per transaction.
Ok, cheers.

Ronniekirk
21-03-2017, 07:40 AM
Sometimes the longer you wait the better seats you can get.

That is if they open the South Upper to sales (as opposed to Debenture Holders) that is.

Go in early and you will be offered North Stand (which is fine if you want to stand the whole match), South Stand (somewhere in the corners), or crap seats behind the goal miles away from the action.

A truly horrible stadium.

Debenture Ticket Holders had till last Friday to order tickets and take up is always limited so if we were to sell out our Allocation am sure South Upper would be made available

offshorehibby
21-03-2017, 08:00 AM

If you want 8 tickets before the 6th of April you will need 4 season tickets. From the 6th April it is open to anybody on the database who can purchase up to 10 tickets.

Itsnoteasy
21-03-2017, 08:10 AM

Celtic Park is nearer East Terrace. Castle Greyskull is nearer West Terrace. Simplessss

18Hibee75
21-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Anyone know how many tickets are available in the North stand for us?

Billy Whizz
21-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Anyone know how many tickets are available in the North stand for us?

Think it holds around 9,100, and we'll get half of it

Diclonius
21-03-2017, 09:56 AM
We were in the West for the Dundee United semi in 05, I'm positive

Meant the 06 semi, changed now. I think United in 05 was the last time we were in the West against Not Celtic.

dp00
21-03-2017, 10:05 AM
One things for sure. We will see a heavy police presence at the game... the won't be wanting any repeats of the final

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
21-03-2017, 10:35 AM

I think we werr in the west v both livingston in scottish cup semi in 2001, and ayr utd in league cup semi (*shudders*)

I do find it annoying though, west hasuch better pub options.

I think it is just ease of access though, think how easy it is to get to motorway from whetr busses park

jgl07
21-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Fake News!

tamig
21-03-2017, 10:38 AM

There are loads of tickets. Why would everyone need to be online at the start. I bet it'll be very quiet after a few hours. Folk panicking about nothing.

B.H.F.C
21-03-2017, 10:44 AM
There are loads of tickets. Why would everyone need to be online at the start. I bet it'll be very quiet after a few hours. Folk panicking about nothing.

Because Hampden has a limited number of decent seats and folk want them instead of being stuck behind the goals miles from the pitch.

tamig
21-03-2017, 10:46 AM
we also had the East v Dunfy LC final 91-92 season, thousands locked out and the polis buzzards wouldn't sort out something for a couple of sections in the West(which were nearest the North... ****s

That was before the dump was seated though and you could pay at the gate for that game too. Crazy decision.

tamig
21-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Because Hampden has a limited number of decent seats and folk want them instead of being stuck behind the goals miles from the pitch.

Its got plenty decent seats. No danger the North stand will sell out on day 1. We haven't taken anything like 20000 to a semi for years. Not sure why this year will be any different.

.Sean.
21-03-2017, 10:49 AM
People seem to be unable to grasp this. Also why it should've been one per season ticket holder to begin with to give season ticket holders who want to sit there a greater chance of a ticket.

jgl07
21-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Debenture Ticket Holders had till last Friday to order tickets and take up is always limited so if we were to sell out our Allocation am sure South Upper would be made available
Past experience suggests that they prefer to keep those seats empty so long as there are tickets unsold behind the goals within TV camera range.

We got really good seats for the Livingston LC final (Debenture Silver) and bought them in the last allocation after queuing overnight! I was away from Edinburgh for the first two allocations (no online sales back then) and would probably have ended up with bad seats in the East or West had I not been.

.Sean.
21-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Its got plenty decent seats. No danger the North stand will sell out on day 1. We haven't taken anything like 20000 to a semi for years. Not sure why this year will be any different.
Possibly a greater demand cause we've no been in a Scottish Cup semi as holders of the competition for over a century? Just a thought

tamig
21-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Possibly a greater demand cause we've no been in a Scottish Cup semi as holders of the competition for over a century? Just a thought

I get that but I reckon we'll take about 16-18 thousand. I just think folk are getting a bit worked up over nothing. The only issue I can see is gor STs who want to go as part of a bigger group including non STs. Do you wait for the general sale and get stuck behind the goals? That's the only issue but can't see what else the club could do to manage that any better.

B.H.F.C
21-03-2017, 11:04 AM

The north stand only holds 9000. Allow for some segregation and that means our allocation in there will only be a bit over 4000. Might not sell out completely but trying to get 4, 5 or 6 tickets together won't be easy. There'll end up being a lot of singles floating about.

tamig
21-03-2017, 12:10 PM
The north stand only holds 9000. Allow for some segregation and that means our allocation in there will only be a bit over 4000. Might not sell out completely but trying to get 4, 5 or 6 tickets together won't be easy. There'll end up being a lot of singles floating about.

Cheers. Didn't realise the north held just over 9k in total. I think there are a couple of sections in the east that are right on the corner and are almost an extension of the north though. Looks like it might have to be a 10am start on day 1 after all just to make sure.

Lancs Harp
21-03-2017, 12:16 PM

We havent had average attendances as high as we have had this season for years either. Our support base has grown we've managed to take numbers to Hampden in the past when our average league gate has been nothing like it currently is. I would be surprised and a little disapppointed if we didnt manage 20,000 for this, personally.

SirDavidsNapper
21-03-2017, 12:33 PM
We havent had average attendances as high as we have had this season for years either. Our support base has grown we've managed to take numbers to Hampden in the past when our average league gate has been nothing like it currently is. I would be surprised and a little disapppointed if we didnt manage 20,000 for this, personally.

A club this size of Hibs should be aiming for this. We are the holders and going back to Hampden for first time since winning it. Our fans are buoyant at the moment and could play a crucial part in roaring us on to go within 90 minutes of retaining the cup. Wow, what a thought that is!

we are hibs
21-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Woo tickets for the upper tier of the south be on sale too?

.Sean.
21-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Absolutely. Can't understand anyone who claims to be a Hibs supporter will miss this if they have the means to attend.

Swedish hibee
21-03-2017, 12:37 PM

Totally agree. I was behind the goals at the falkirk semi and I couldn't see a thing. It was the worst view I have ever had.

yonder1875
21-03-2017, 12:45 PM

Why is it being referred to as the Celtic end? It's clearly the Hibs end after the amount of times we've occupied it in recent years :)

davhibby
21-03-2017, 01:06 PM

I'm sure we had around 17/18000 at both Falkirk semis recently so no reason why we shouldn't sell 20000 as holders this time around imo

C Feeney-Seale
21-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Interesting idea to stagger the sales, hopefully the online sale will allow people to grab some and avoid queuing at the ticket office. Although, not sure if this would be workable for games where we have a less generous allocation.

marinello59
21-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Why is it being referred to as the Celtic end? It's clearly the Hibs end after the amount of times we've occupied it in recent years :)

It's the David Gray end.

frazeHFC
22-03-2017, 08:24 AM

When I was on a tour at Hampden a few years ago the guy said Hibs will always be given the East stand bar games against Celtic, who are given it for every game. Pretty sure it's the SFA/SPFL who decide as opposed to us.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2017, 09:02 AM
One for the fan reps.

Having to buy tickets for a supporters bus of say around 50 people. We have the required client ref no's to get that number but can only buy 10 tickets per transaction. That means some poor schmuck has to sit around all day doing 5 blooming transactions. Not only a huge waste of time and money but impossible to get everone sitting together that wants to.

Surely provision could be made for affiliated supporters buses, especially an out of town branch like ours.:cb

Panda
23-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Any idea what the Hibs sales are so far?

Aberdeen have sold 8,000 ahead of the general sale.

Edit: ignore me, just realised they're not on sale yet.

Baldy Foghorn
23-03-2017, 05:55 PM

Not on sale yet

HibsNutter
23-03-2017, 05:58 PM

Edit: ignore me, just realised they're not on sale yet.

Pretty decent considering the circumstances, fair play.

offshorehibby
23-03-2017, 06:14 PM
One for the fan reps.

Having to buy tickets for a supporters bus of say around 50 people. We have the required client ref no's to get that number but can only buy 10 tickets per transaction. That means some poor schmuck has to sit around all day doing 5 blooming transactions. Not only a huge waste of time and money but impossible to get everone sitting together that wants to.

Surely provision could be made for affiliated supporters buses, especially an out of town branch like ours.:cb

If the person buying the tickets has 5 of the people/client Ref's can you not just purchase 10 against each client ref in the one go.

Golden Bear
24-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Has anyone sussed out where we can find the link on the Club website that leads to the ticket sales for the semi final?

Geo_1875
24-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Has anyone sussed out where we can find the link on the Club website that leads to the ticket sales for the semi final?

This one? https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx

Golden Bear
24-03-2017, 12:16 PM
This one? https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx

Thanks.

I actually thought the tickets were going on sale today.

Doh!

My_Wife_Camille
24-03-2017, 12:34 PM

This. Out of my group of 12 there's only 2 using the extra tickets

TamHibs
24-03-2017, 12:51 PM
One for the fan reps.

My understanding is that if you are buying using season ticket references then you can buy unlimited as long as you have the required amount of season tickets. Looking at the wording on the website its only general sale that is restricted to 10 tickets per transaction? I could be wrong though.

Argylehibby
24-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Thanks.

I actually thought the tickets were going on sale today.

Doh!

So did I, sat at computer, interactive seating plan and payment card at the ready. 15 minutes to go checked website to make sure it's 2 per reference number and see I'm a week early. :boo hoo:

davhibby
24-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Aberdeen have just announced they've sold out their half of the north stand. Looking like they'll be bringing a good crowd, should be a good atmosphere

Pete
24-03-2017, 05:03 PM
So did I, sat at computer, interactive seating plan and payment card at the ready. 15 minutes to go checked website to make sure it's 2 per reference number and see I'm a week early. :boo hoo:

You can never be too early.

I'm logged on now and I intend to stay logged in until next Friday.

I want seats.

shezer
25-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Any word on hospitality for this? Thanks