View Full Version : Less than 5,000 tickets sold for Canada friendly at ER

19-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Heard on Forth news yesterday that the Scotland friendly v Canada is set to be the lowest attended Scotland match for 100 years.

I do wonder whether this sort of non event is worth staging, and I'll be well hacked off if John McGinn were to pick up an injury. If Scotland were jousting at the top of their World Cup qualification group I could understand why Strachan might want to sharpen up his squad prior to next weekend's qualifier, but with only Malta below us in the group the Slovenia game is, realistically, little more than a friendly itself and might be a better time to give fringe players a run-out.

The radio report also mentioned that Lennon is hoping to have McGinn released from the squad after Wednesday so he can focus on the Falkirk game which would be good news if it happens.

19-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Surprised it's that many to be honest.

19-03-2017, 04:16 PM
I would like to think this is not costing us money?

19-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Heard on Forth news yesterday that the Scotland friendly v Canada is set to be the lowest attended Scotland match for 100 years.

I do wonder whether this sort of non event is worth staging, and I'll be well hacked off if John McGinn were to pick up an injury. If Scotland were jousting at the top of their World Cup qualification group I could understand why Strachan might want to sharpen up his squad prior to next weekend's qualifier, but with only Malta below us in the group the Slovenia game is, realistically, little more than a friendly itself and might be a better time to give fringe players a run-out.

The radio report also mentioned that Lennon is hoping to have McGinn released from the squad after Wednesday so he can focus on the Falkirk game which would be good news if it happens.

£22 plus a £3 booking fee for a friendly against a nation that's sitting 117th in the world rankings is a certainty to turn people off from going. Particularly when our recent form is hopeless and we're almost certain to fail in our latest qualification campaign.

19-03-2017, 04:23 PM
My lads birthday this week and thought about it as a treat... seen the price and immediately a non event.

19-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Not really surprised at all in that 5,000 figure. £25 for a meaningless boring international. Remember the last Scotland game at ER against Qatar. Absolute borefest!

19-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Hardly a shock at the price for an unglamorous friendly. How are sales for the qualifier? Can't imagine they will be great either considering Scotland are all but out.

19-03-2017, 04:26 PM
The price is ridiculous for a game which is a trial run out for some players who can't get game time at their clubs.

19-03-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm being very selfish here, but my biggest concern is how the pitch will stand up, bearing in mind we have an important fixture a few days later.

19-03-2017, 04:30 PM
Bit miffed at what games Easter Road has been selected for. For all the effort of making it the main non-Glasgow choice for Scotland games, Qatar and a way-too-expensive Canada don't exactly make for big crowds and showing off the stadium to its best.

19-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Delighted the clowns at the SFA are being made to look foolish with this over priced non event

19-03-2017, 04:44 PM
if our national football team were playing in my back garden recently i think i would keep the curtains shut, but if the SFA decided to make it free entry and even offered me £10 as an incentive to go i would give it fairly serious consideration., maybe

19-03-2017, 04:45 PM
I'd have gone if it was on Tuesday

19-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Ticket prices are steep but your paying £22 to watch Hibs vs Dumbarton a few days earlier so in that context it's probably about right (i.e football in the UK is overpriced in general)

I'm going with a few mates from work. They either support other teams or aren't that fussed about football so it's a good chance to have a few drinks and go to a game with folk I wouldn't normally be with at Easter Road. Quite looking forward to it.

19-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Hibs only had the South lower available when I bought them yesterday...looks like I'll just be going up the stairs regardless.

That's the Jambos losers end

Delighted the clowns at the SFAvare be made to look foolish with this over priced non event

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a tartan army basher, I'm actually still in the supporters club, but I want to see the SFA get booted from all angles.

I'd love it if about 200 people turned up for this, although I'm sure they'll somehow attempt to blame "disinterested Edinburgh punters" for a poor turn out.

They really need to get a grip of prices and somehow engage with their fanbase.

I couldn't have less interest in the national team right now.

It's a shame they've presumably sold so many tickets at that price, as tbh at this stage I'd like to see them make it £5 for adults, kids go free and go handing out as many tickets as they could around Edinburgh schools. The parasites who feast off our game have no idea about promoting our game, engaging the punters or generating even small amounts of goodwill.

19-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Maybe if Strachan picked a better squad instead of his pals people would go. Sadly I'm getting dragged to this ***** as my boy is choking to go. I'll take a mag to read to pass the time!

19-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Maybe if Strachan picked a better squad instead of his pals people would go. Sadly I'm getting dragged to this ***** as my boy is choking to go. I'll take a mag to read to pass the time!

You'll hopefully at least get to see McGinn etc, better not be reading your magic he gets on😄
Few other ex Hibees in the squad as well

19-03-2017, 05:01 PM
You'll hopefully at least get to see McGinn etc, better not be reading your magic he gets on😄

Would not go even if was free entry zero interest apart from Mcginn .

19-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Mostly going out of habit tbh.

19-03-2017, 05:29 PM
im stunned that 5000 go and watch any of the scotland games.

19-03-2017, 05:46 PM

Haha true Billy, wonder if he'll play McGinn though?

delbert
19-03-2017, 06:04 PM
£22 plus a £3 booking fee for a friendly against a nation that's sitting 117th in the world rankings is a certainty to turn people off from going. Particularly when our recent form is hopeless and we're almost certain to fail in our latest qualification campaign.
£25 to watch a glorified training session between two particularly poor international nonentities who won't qualify for anything of note for at least a generation, at least Canada have an excuse as 'soccer' ranks somewhere behind moose wrestling as a national sport ! If they were playing this on my back grass, I doubt I'd open my curtains, and at least Hibs fans have seen through the cynical ploy to pick one token home player to try to boost the crowd, all it has done is potentially weaken our team for our most important league fixture of the season so thanks Gordon, you utter gimp !

19-03-2017, 06:06 PM
More exciting tying a shoe lace tbh

19-03-2017, 06:20 PM
£25? 😂 How much was it to get into the Qatar game at ER?

19-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Member of the SSC and I wouldn't cross the road to watch this, hope it's the lowest crowd in history.

Franck Le God
19-03-2017, 06:44 PM
SFA/Hibs reps were in my Mum's work earlier this week dishing out as many freebies as people asked for - trying to boost the numbers it seems. There may be ~8k there but doubt even half that will have paid for a ticket.

19-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Charging these sort of prices for a meaningless friendly. They are taking the piss out of fans, as per usual.

19-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Charging these sort of prices for a meaningless friendly. They are taking the piss out of fans, as per usual.

Surprised at the SFA doing this to the fans

hibee
19-03-2017, 06:55 PM
I've only ever been to one Scotland game and was so bored I have no interest in ever going again especially not at that price for a friendly.

19-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Surprised at the SFA doing this to the fans

Yea, huge shock. :greengrin

Magnus
19-03-2017, 07:11 PM
A couple of years ago (2013?) the Scottish RFU ended up giving two free seats to anyone who bought a ticket for the Scotland v Italy 6 Nations match, purely to fill the empty seats.
The SFA would need to do the same if they want to avoid a similar issue against Canada.

19-03-2017, 07:15 PM
This fixture has negative utility for me. I'd pay 25 quid not to go. In fact, I'd pay considerably more.

19-03-2017, 07:16 PM
My lads birthday this week and thought about it as a treat... seen the price and immediately a non event.

I have 2 tickets and can't make it. You can have them and treat the lad for his birthday.

19-03-2017, 07:32 PM
A couple of years ago (2013?) the Scottish RFU ended up giving two free seats to anyone who bought a ticket for the Scotland v Italy 6 Nations match, purely to fill the empty seats.
The SFA would need to do the same if they want to avoid a similar issue against Canada.

The game holds so little appeal that I'm not sure that even a two for one offer would boost the crowd by much.

Incidentally, yesterday's Scotland v Italy Six Nations match was a 67,000 sell-out, a first for this particular fixture. It's an impressive number given that Italy bring few travelling fans compared to the other nations and testimony to the fact Scotland are a much improved team over the last couple of years (the hammering at Twickenham aside!). Sadly for Scotland's football team they look a long way off being a side worth watching as the clock ticks towards 20 years without even qualifying for a major tournament.

19-03-2017, 07:35 PM
I have 2 tickets and can't make it. You can have them and treat the lad for his birthday.

Great gesture

19-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Do you think John McGinn was picked to boost the crowd. He is a future Scotland player, but he hasn't set the heater on fire for us recently.

19-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Do you think John McGinn was picked to boost the crowd. He is a future Scotland player, but he hasn't set the heater on fire for us recently.

Yes, 100%. I'm a big fan of SJM but no way is he being picked on form.

Magnus
19-03-2017, 08:43 PM
The game holds so little appeal that I'm not sure that even a two for one offer would boost the crowd by much.
It was actually three for one, as in you bought one and were given two more, but yes, there is little interest in this match.

GORDONSMITH7
19-03-2017, 09:22 PM
I've only ever been to one Scotland game and was so bored I have no interest in ever going again especially not at that price for a friendly.

Were you at the Hibs game yesterday?

BIG G

hibee
19-03-2017, 09:24 PM

BIG G

Yes but that's different and I've already paid for the season upfront so have to keep going :greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
19-03-2017, 09:26 PM
I will be there. I have been to every Scottish International at Easter Road at all levels and am looking forward to this one too. Maybe I just like going to Easter Road.

BIG G

19-03-2017, 09:33 PM

i've no idea what the ticket arrangements were for yesterdays game but it was the first sell-out at murrayfield for a game v Italy this time, great to see

Magnus
19-03-2017, 10:04 PM
i've no idea what the ticket arrangements were for yesterdays game but it was the first sell-out at murrayfield for a game v Italy this time, great to see
Yep - a great turnaround in 4 years, and a pretty unfriendly kick off time to contend with as well

19-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Must be getting desperate, I got a text from the wee mans school asking to put names forward for tickets. Seems they are just giving multiples away for free to schools now.

19-03-2017, 10:48 PM

Hibs Class [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

19-03-2017, 11:11 PM
]Heard on Forth news yesterday that the Scotland friendly v Canada is set to be the lowest attended Scotland match for 100 years.

No wonder, the team is pish and the football is not much better.

20-03-2017, 12:00 AM

Nice gesture well done

20-03-2017, 12:09 AM
I'm going which I hope enrages the Scotland haters on here. £15 a ticket if you are in the SSC and got yours early. Looking forward to it and the game on Sunday.

20-03-2017, 12:18 AM
This fixture has negative utility for me. I'd pay 25 quid not to go. In fact, I'd pay considerably more.

How high are you willing to go Bob? I'll be in Robbies pre Falkirk,I'll accept no less than £100.

Billy Mac
20-03-2017, 06:13 AM

22quid!?Behave.

20-03-2017, 06:59 AM

BIG G

One thing the game on Saturday wasn't was boring.

DarrenSQH
20-03-2017, 09:57 AM
In the SSC, not going to either of the next 2 games. Pointless when the SFA are happy with failure as long as they can fleece the fans.

20-03-2017, 01:04 PM
I was offered 2 comps and refused them. It is very sad international football has fallen so low.
Growing up in the 70's and throughout the 80's it was great watching Scotland

20-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Strachan should have had two squads, one for this game and another for the qualifier. He could have included Cummings, McGregor and a couple of yams to boost the crowd for the Canada game.

20-03-2017, 07:43 PM
I was offered 2 comps and refused them. It is very sad international football has fallen so low.
Growing up in the 70's and throughout the 80's it was great watching Scotland

Never came close to winning anything, but they qualified for tournaments...and on their day could give anyone a game....they also gave regular doings to the pishy wee countries who are doing us nowadays.

Slavoj Zizek
20-03-2017, 07:47 PM
LOL Scotland. That is all.

21-03-2017, 08:24 AM

Get in touch Sean. I have PM you with my details. I still have these tickets for you.

21-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Strachan should have had two squads, one for this game and another for the qualifier. He could have included Cummings, McGregor and a couple of yams to boost the crowd for the Canada game.

Tend to agree include Cummings, Walker then some locals would attend.

franks
21-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Bought 2 tickets for this for myself and another OAP £22 a pop. No concessions apart for kids for an unglamorous friendly and Scotland at a low ebb. I know we're charging £22 for championship matches but OAP's are £12 and most who attend are season ticket holders like myself.

21-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Bought 2 tickets for this for myself and another OAP £22 a pop. No concessions apart for kids for an unglamorous friendly and Scotland at a low ebb. I know we're charging £22 for championship matches but OAP's are £12 and most who attend are season ticket holders like myself.

That really is poor and unjustifiable. SFA marketing is atrocious IMO was there not a game v Georgia where they were charging 40 quid for tickets and game didnt sell out even though there was a bit of a feel good factor at the time.

21-03-2017, 10:20 AM
I've been to most of the qualifiers and it's been tedious. How much did we pay for the replay against Hawrts?! £28? Yet the SFA want £25 for what will be a glorified training session?! Robbing *******s!!

21-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Got my ticket for Sunday so will be heading to that but absolutely no danger am i paying £22 to watch a glorified training session. Fair play to those that have. Massive own goal from the SFA here. In what way is a friendly against Canada good preparation for a qualifier against Slovenia held at a different stadium?

There should imo, be 4 or 5 Edinburgh based players in the squad for tomorrow but then drop out of the full squad for Sunday. Guys like mcgregor, Cummings, Mcginn and Nicholson, Walker and Hamilton from over the road to boost the crowd.

£10/£5 should be the pricing structure with under 10s going free. If i was under 10 knowing the above players were playing in a Scotland international i'd be hounding my dad to take me and my bro along. Would easily have got 15k along with this pricing structure but as always, those in charge of pricing Scottish Football are so far out of touch with reality its actually quite scary.

21-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Got my ticket for Sunday so will be heading to that but absolutely no danger am i paying £22 to watch a glorified training session. Fair play to those that have. Massive own goal from the SFA here. In what way is a friendly against Canada good preparation for a qualifier against Slovenia held at a different stadium?

There should imo, be 4 or 5 Edinburgh based players in the squad for tomorrow but then drop out of the full squad for Sunday. Guys like mcgregor, Cummings, Mcginn and Nicholson, Walker and Hamilton from over the road to boost the crowd.

£10/£5 should be the pricing structure with under 10s going free. If i was under 10 knowing the above players were playing in a Scotland international i'd be hounding my dad to take me and my bro along. Would easily have got 15k along with this pricing structure but as always, those in charge of pricing Scottish Football are so far out of touch with reality its actually quite scary.

Hamilton? I don't even know many Hearts fans that would go that far.

21-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Hamilton? I don't even know many Hearts fans that would go that far.

The jambos i speak to tell me he started great but has had a dip in form lately. Wouldnt be bothered either way but he's been in the squad's lately so why not give him a go. Craig Gordon would get the jambo fans along i suppose, he'll do

21-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I doubt there will be many Hearts fans there, with it being at Easter Road and Hibs not playing.

21-03-2017, 11:45 AM
so true boab, so true

21-03-2017, 11:47 AM
I doubt there will be many Hearts fans there, with it being at Easter Road and Hibs not playing.

Probably saving their money for the Falkirk end on Saturday. Freaks

21-03-2017, 12:09 PM

Yip. Its not like they have previous.

21-03-2017, 12:15 PM

Totally agree.

21-03-2017, 12:23 PM

Terrible post - Far to sensible :greengrin

21-03-2017, 12:28 PM

Never stopped the gimps before

21-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Ralph Topping says Hampden is not fit for purpose and scotland should relocate, iirc the rates for Hampden park are also going to rocket soon

21-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Ralph Topping says Hampden is not fit for purpose and scotland should relocate, iirc the rates for Hampden park are also going to rocket soon
Absolutely.

The real question is why so much cash was pumped into Hampden in a staged botched redevelopment? I blame Jim Farry.

You never know there might be a modern 50,000 capacity stadium in the South West of Glasgow coming vacant soon!

21-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Absolutely.

The real question is why so much cash was pumped into Hampden in a staged botched redevelopment? I blame Jim Farry.

You never know there might be a modern 50,000 capacity stadium in the South West of Glasgow coming vacant soon!

i, and no doubt many others, have mixed feeling about Hampden, i remember as a wee laddie being awestruck in a crowd of 106,000 for our final v sellick all those years ago, from what i gather from football players themselves they've always indicated they would prefer to stay at Hampden, times move on i guess and i sorta like the idea of a new 60,000 stadium nearer the stirling area, i can't see the suits (GFA/SFA) liking that idea though

ionahibby
21-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Heard there are still a fair few tickets left for Sunday as well! Adverts on radio and plenty billboards about advertising tickets as well so could be a lower than normal crowd for Sunday too.

21-03-2017, 01:51 PM
22 pound for this is scandalous. If I was going I'd much rather see a midfield of McGinn and Cairney, with Burke and Fraser on the wings. A bit of youth and energy for once. Known of Cairney since his youth days at Hull. Having a superb season so more than deserving of a shot in the team.

H113EE5
21-03-2017, 02:09 PM
I have two East Stand tickets available. They're free to anyone who PMs me. We can then arrange a handover.

21-03-2017, 02:12 PM
22 pound for this is scandalous. If I was going I'd much rather see a midfield of McGinn and Cairney, with Burke and Fraser on the wings. A bit of youth and energy for once. Known of Cairney since his youth days at Hull. Having a superb season so more than deserving of a shot in the team.

:agree: We know it will be the same old tired team. It's a friendly, lets play the younger players, see what they can do and look to build to the future!

21-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Heard there are still a fair few tickets left for Sunday as well! Adverts on radio and plenty billboards about advertising tickets as well so could be a lower than normal crowd for Sunday too.

The pundit on Forth suggested the Slovenia game would have been better played at Easter Road to generate some atmosphere as Hampden looks set to be only half full. Can't say I'm surprised at the lack of interest. Not only are Scotland second bottom of their group, but a Sunday evening kick-off is a real turn-off for many.

21-03-2017, 04:43 PM
I got a email from my bairns school asking if I wanted free tickets for the match, so to charge people 22 quid but dish them out free to the local schools is a bit of a cheek. 5 and 15 quid should be the standard pricing. And I include Hibs games in that price range

21-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately we just don't have the players you would pay to see these days. As I lad I loved going across to Hamden to see the likes of Dalglish, Jordan, Lou Macari, Gemmill, Rioch, Asa Hartford, John Robertson, Alan Hansen, Andy Gray even Strachan himself . Real quality players that were on the whole better than we saw week in week out on league duty at Easter Road, as they were all playing for top English sides. Even the home based scots in the team were great players and it was nice to see them playing for a team you supported instead of giving Hibs players the runaround..guys like Davie Cooper, Mo Johnson, Mcleish, Miller, Mcstay. I look at the Scotland team now and there are very few players in there that I would make an effort and pay to see play a friendly football match.

If he picks this team I will attend !! (it will be a long drive though)

Allan McGregor
Liam Cooper Russell Martin Kieran Tierney Andy Robertson
Oliver Burke John McGinn James Morrison Tom Cairney
Leigh Griffiths Steven Naismith

bod
21-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Think Marshall has the gloves so that gives you the excuse not to attend

21-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately we just don't have the players you would pay to see these days. As I lad I loved going across to Hamden to see the likes of Dalglish, Jordan, Lou Macari, Gemmill, Rioch, Asa Hartford, John Robertson, Alan Hansen, Andy Gray even Strachan himself . Real quality players that were on the whole better than we saw week in week out on league duty at Easter Road, as they were all playing for top English sides. Even the home based scots in the team were great players and it was nice to see them playing for a team you supported instead of giving Hibs players the runaround..guys like Davie Cooper, Mo Johnson, Mcleish, Miller, Mcstay. I look at the Scotland team now and there are very few players in there that I would make an effort and pay to see play a friendly football match.

If he picks this team I will attend !! (it will be a long drive though)

Allan McGregor
Liam Cooper Russell Martin Kieran Tierney Andy Robertson
Oliver Burke John McGinn James Morrison Tom Cairney
Leigh Griffiths Steven Naismith

you would play tierney at CH?

21-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Can I just buy tickets when I arrive there at the pods?

21-03-2017, 05:53 PM
The pundit on Forth suggested the Slovenia game would have been better played at Easter Road to generate some atmosphere as Hampden looks set to be only half full. Can't say I'm surprised at the lack of interest. Not only are Scotland second bottom of their group, but a Sunday evening kick-off is a real turn-off for many.

I know of a few Tartan Army regulars who are attending Depeche Mode at the Barrowlands rather than Hampden, incidentally.

21-03-2017, 05:54 PM
you would play tierney at CH?

No Russell and Cooper as centre halves, To be fair I have cocked up by picking two left backs...but are there actually any right backs in the squad ?? Lee wallace is a left back, Charlie Mulgrew is left sided, Berra is a centre back ?? I suppose Russell Martin can play right back, but that might mean I have to play Berra !!

21-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Absolutely.

That one needs alot of work though..as it is apparently falling to bits!!

22-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Can I just buy tickets when I arrive there at the pods?

Tickets available at the pods tonight mate according to the hibs twitter.

22-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Is this game on TV?

22-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Is this game on TV?

Sky sports 1

22-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Tickets available at the pods tonight mate according to the hibs twitter.

Cheers mate. 👍🏼

22-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Hope this doesn't damage our pitch. The ball was bobbling a bit against Dumbarton.

j'adore hibs
22-03-2017, 06:07 PM
is BTG open?

Dunfyhibee
22-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Just seen a picture on twitter and the pitch is looking terrible, expect this pointless friendly to do a bit of damage tonight

22-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Is there pay at the gate tonight ? Yeh I know mad ..lol

22-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Is there pay at the gate tonight ? Yeh I know mad ..lol

The ticket pods are open

22-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Sportsound saying the pitch is bearable playable

22-03-2017, 06:40 PM
McGinn not starting

Bonus!!

22-03-2017, 06:40 PM
The ticket pods are open

Cheers

22-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Heading along to this with the kids . Will I get in with an umbrella?
Dam the school with their free tickets;)

NthCarolinaHibs
22-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Sportsound saying the pitch is bearable playable
For a meaningless friendly,our pitch will be murder to play on come Saturday.... Shambles....

22-03-2017, 07:04 PM
that team is piyesh even for Strachan. What a bellend he is.

22-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Wonder how many of the 5000 will turn up on a night like this??

22-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Quite big queues outside the East just now, probably more to do with the fact that only 6 turnstiles are open than anything though.

Hibeewilly
22-03-2017, 07:35 PM
McGinn not starting

Bonus!!
Wee Gogs is looking after the team he supports!

22-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Quite big queues outside the East just now, probably more to do with the fact that only 6 turnstiles are open than anything though.

It's empty inside :greengrin

Hibeewilly
22-03-2017, 07:37 PM

Well done HG you deserve a medal turning up for this game - respect!!

22-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Well done HG you deserve a medal turning up for this game - respect!!

I really don't, I'm watching from my window! :greengrin

22-03-2017, 07:42 PM
I've chucked it and the missus has taken one for the team and taken the wee man 😁 She has family over in Canada so told her she should go!!

I'm cosy in the living room with beers!!!!

22-03-2017, 07:44 PM
I really don't, I'm watching from my window! :greengrin

😂😂

22-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Leeann will be doing her nut in, fireworks and toxic smoke swirling around ER

22-03-2017, 07:48 PM
The TV pictures show how little interest there is in this game and the national team in general

22-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Pitch not looking great

David_D
22-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Pitch looking horrendous.

22-03-2017, 07:50 PM
The TV pictures show how little interest there is in this game and the national team in general

Sad but true.

22-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Jeezo...

22-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Deary f***ing me

22-03-2017, 08:03 PM
That's Fraser Aird of Falkirk with the goal. A player from Falkirk. Scoring against Scotland.

22-03-2017, 08:04 PM
The two centre backs showed their international class there......JHC

22-03-2017, 08:08 PM
It's like last Saturday's game hasn't ended.

Hibeesforever
22-03-2017, 08:11 PM
How embarrassing, I fear we will lose more too. SJM should get stripped.

22-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Incredible how bad all of Scotlands main CB options are. I also dont understand giving guys like Wallace a game, 29 and with both Robertson and Tierney ahead of him, whats the point?

22-03-2017, 08:16 PM
lee wallace is so bad, get him off at half time

22-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Cairney looks decent. Burke struggling to get in the game.

Col_0762
22-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Am I missing something or has he managed to pick a squad, let alone a starting XI, without a recognised RB?

22-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Cairney looks decent. Burke struggling to get in the game.

Agree about Cairney. Looks composed on the ball

Really haven't seen any of this hype over Burke in the games I've saw. Doesn't do any tracking back so leaves his full back struggling and doesn't really run at his man.... just as I type this he shows a turn of pace and probably should have scored

22-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Am I missing something or has he managed to pick a squad, let alone a starting XI, without a recognised RB?

Are there any recognised footballers out there never mind a RB.

22-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Scotland score

22-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Anya is a left wing back who's right footed so I've no issues with him playing RB although Bardsley should be picked and playing.

That being said Anya and Snoddy are linking really well down that right side. I'm more concerned about CB than I am RB

22-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Anya is like watching Boyle.

Col_0762
22-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Are there any recognised footballers out there never mind a RB.

Burke has the potential to be and Darren Fletcher was a great player in his pomp. To be fair, he's had a decent season as well so happy with his place. Snodgrass can play when he can be arsed as well. The rest are very limited unfortunately. Too much loyalty shown to senior players who have failed many times.

But how can you pick a squad without a player who can play one of the positions? Ridiculous.

Twiglet
22-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Who's number 3 for Canada? Like the look of him.

22-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Burke has the potential to be and Darren Fletcher was a great player in his pomp. To be fair, he's had a decent season as well so happy with his place. Snodgrass can play when he can be arsed as well. The rest are very limited unfortunately. Too much loyalty shown to senior players who have failed many times.

But how can you pick a squad without a player who can play one of the positions? Ridiculous.

It's Strachan remember, it shouldn't be a shock as he hasn't a clue.

22-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Aird 18/1 to score a brace. That's huge going on this first half!

22-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Boooooooooooooooooo

22-03-2017, 08:36 PM
It's like watching Hibs, plenty of the ball but not taking chances

If Strachan thought Mulgrew was the answer at centre back then he's given him a huge headache as his defensive play, along with Wallace, has been horrendous.

Well that was a ***** first half.

davhibby
22-03-2017, 08:38 PM
State of the pitch is exactly what we don't need with these 2 massive games this week

22-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Barry Robson's face looks like it's been put in one of those vacuum suction storage bags you get for storing pillows, duvets and other fabric goods in.

22-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Barry Robson's face looks like it's been put in one of those vacuum suction storage bags you get for storing pillows, duvets and other fabric goods in.

😂😂

22-03-2017, 08:50 PM
I'll be raging if McGinn isn't allowed to play for us on Saturday because of this pish.

22-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Scotland score

Looked offside when the cross came in.

22-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Why is the scoreboard not being used :confused:

22-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Guys like Lee "the grass" Wallace and Christophe Berra are nowhere near good enough for international football.

Fortunately them playing tonight means they won't be involved come Sunday

22-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Fraser Aird actually being made to look good tonight. Let's hope we don't let him do that on Saturday.

22-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Fraser Aird actually being made to look good tonight. Let's hope we don't let him do that on Saturday.

Was thinking the same. Hopefully he plays the full 90 though and is tired for the weekend. Actually looking really good against Scotland.

22-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Hope this pish doesn't damage the pitch too much with our games coming up. Weather won't be helping.

Anyone watching able to say how it's looking?

22-03-2017, 09:05 PM
I feel sorry for the folk that have forked out £25 for this p***! 😴😴😴😴

22-03-2017, 09:05 PM

Is he playing on Saturday? Do Canada have another game?

22-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Yeah he'll be with Falkirk. Canada aren't playing again.

22-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Hope this pish doesn't damage the pitch too much with our games coming up. Weather won't be helping.

Mostly ok but a few ropey areas, particularly round the centre circle and the area between there and the south end 18 yard line.

Area outside the ff end box doesn't look great either actually.

22-03-2017, 09:10 PM

The commentator certainly suggested so

Along the lines of "he'll return to Easter Road with Falkirk on Saturday"

Is there any word on the talks between Lennon and Strachan for releasing McGinn for saturday?

22-03-2017, 09:10 PM

A mess.

22-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Ball by Sparky.

Milandinho
22-03-2017, 09:17 PM
My eyes are bleeding watching this pish 😞

22-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Is Mark McGhee in the dugout tonight ?

22-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Wait until you see the Germany goal they have just scored against England. :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

22-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Podolski just scored an absolute beauty against England

22-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Is Mark McGhee in the dugout tonight ?

Yes he is

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 09:21 PM
What a totally Kwik-Save version of an international football team we truly are. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be with me and my sister who paid £44 [plus booking fee] for this utter embarrassment. Strachan/Dingus are getting abuse we would not give to a flea bitten mongrel. There are more folk [c/6500] at Tranmere vs.Macclesfield in the English Seaside Non-Leagues. But, of course, it is only a friendly and Scottish football is A-OK. :rolleyes:

22-03-2017, 09:21 PM
McGinn on

22-03-2017, 09:22 PM
SJM coming on.

22-03-2017, 09:22 PM
The shooting from both sides is garbage.

GlasgowHibee
22-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Fraser Aird has been best player on the pitch so far, need to watch him closely on Saturday.

22-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Yes he is

Ta :aok:

22-03-2017, 09:25 PM
McGinn on

Hope he has a nightmare and Strachan let's him return to ER for the weekend. :greengrin

22-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Fraser Aird has been best player on the pitch so far, need to watch him closely on Saturday.

Glad Lennon is there to see that, he's looked good.

22-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Podolski just scored an absolute beauty against England

I listened to the pundits at half time saying how much in charge England were, all the time in the world with Germany in their pockets but emphasising "how shocking Germany were." :rolleyes:

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 09:30 PM

He has shown more ambition, heart and skill than our tartan clad boys. If he translates that form for Falkirk then we are in trouble. :confused:

22-03-2017, 09:32 PM
I listened to the pundits at half time saying how much in charge England were, all the time in the world with Germany in their pockets but emphasising "how shocking Germany were." :rolleyes:

I didn't watch first half but if the second is anything to go by I'd rather be watching the Scotland game.

22-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Wait until you see the Germany goal they have just scored against England. :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Postage stamp placement

22-03-2017, 09:35 PM
my money is on Lewis having Aird in his pocket this weekend...

22-03-2017, 09:40 PM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/17/17fde6f74783a51eaa758ab0a013dae2dd35763939e68838a6 87ae098d26aca3.jpg

Strapon

22-03-2017, 09:40 PM
A mess.

It doesn't look great but to be fair it's not cutting up and the ball is rolling fine with no bobbles. Holding up well considering the weather weve had.

22-03-2017, 09:42 PM
1-1 against a nation who's main national sport is Ice Hockey and 117th in the rankings! Hugely embarrassing!

22-03-2017, 09:43 PM

There will be some on here criticising the keeper.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 09:46 PM
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/17/17fde6f74783a51eaa758ab0a013dae2dd35763939e68838a6 87ae098d26aca3.jpg

Strapon

This X10 to the power of near infinity. Thank Christ Middletons has Chivas Regal behind the bar.

22-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Absolutely shocking. What the hell has happened to Snodgrass since his move to West Ham, awful performance.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Absolutely shocking. What the hell has happened to Snodgrass since his move to West Ham, awful performance.

He looked like he just could not be arsed mate. And why would he be arsed playing under Strapon/Dingus.

22-03-2017, 09:53 PM
It doesn't look great but to be fair it's not cutting up and the ball is rolling fine with no bobbles. Holding up well considering the weather weve had.

The pitch looked like it had a few bags of sands spread on it, no bounce from the ball, it doesn't look good, players now being interviewed and saying it was poor conditions playing on a mud bath.

Are our groundsmen full time or will they work on it tomorrow and hope for the best regards weather for Saturday and no doubt more sand will be put down on the pitch again.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 09:56 PM
The pitch looked like it had a few bags of sands spread on it, no bounce from the ball, it doesn't look good, players now being interviewed and saying it was poor conditions playing on a mud bath.

Are our groundsmen full time or will they work on it tomorrow and hope for the best regards weather for Saturday and no doubt more sand will be put down on the pitch again.

Well said. We really could have done without this utter fiasco of a fixture considering the weather. #DoubleChivas :na na:

22-03-2017, 09:56 PM
That was, unsuprisingly, dire.

Cairney looks no bad, Robertson did well when he came on but poor Anya was struck by the ER full back crossing curse.

Oh and our pitch, like a tattie field

22-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Barry Robson sounds like Zed out of Police Academy when he speaks.

22-03-2017, 09:57 PM
He looked like he just could not be arsed mate. And why would he be arsed playing under Strapon/Dingus.

Because he's playing for Scotland? No excuses.

22-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Just left.

Anya and Cairney decent. Snodgrass a disgrace, Billy Big Baws who didn't try a leg. Fletcher...that's an imposter. Neat and tidy at very, very best, laborious, ponderous and devoid of tempo. How he's played at the top I'll never know.

As for the centre backs...I'll get my boots on if that's the best we've got.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Because he's playing for Scotland? No excuses.

Don't want to fall out with you mate because I like your posts but that is cracking me and the folk in Middys up.

22-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Don't want to fall out with you mate because I like your posts but that is cracking me and the folk in Middys up.

Don't know what you're on about, sorry.

22-03-2017, 10:04 PM

Why? He's spot on.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Don't know what you're on about, sorry.

If you paid money to freeze your balls off in the east you would understand.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Why? He's spot on.

Snodgrass was awful, so was everyone who was not named Cairney. Were you @ the game or watching it on TV?

22-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee.... The dinosaurs of football who are doing serious harm.

Please just **** right off you pair of bawbags.

22-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Snodgrass was awful, so was everyone who was not named Cairney. Were you @ the game or watching it on TV?

I said Snodgrass was awful. I also said there was no excuse (like having to play for Strachan) for his awful performance.

22-03-2017, 10:12 PM

Your not u lnderstanding his post mate. He is saying Snodgrass (and possibly the rest) should be trying as they are playing for their country. Your post seemed to be at odds with that. Are you and the rest in the pub suggesting it's ok because it was **** cold wet and windy night or because of the manager or perhaps both?

22-03-2017, 10:15 PM
That was absolutely f*****g brutal. Terrible weather, shocking performance, pitch turning into a mudbath before a couple of crucial home ties at Easter Road.

Honestly so angry I paid money to watch that. That's as down after a football game as I've felt for a long time.

Just been reading Strachan's comments after the game and I honestly cant believe he's had the audacity to say

"It's one of the best decisions we've made as the coaching group in the SFA by playing this game."

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Your not u lnderstanding his post mate. He is saying Snodgrass (and possibly the rest) should be trying as they are playing for their country. Your post seemed to be at odds with that. Are you and the rest in the pub suggesting it's ok because it was **** cold wet and windy night?

Settle down Beavis. Do you honestly think Snodgrass gives a Castlemaine about Scotland. We don't think so. He earns good coin playing for West Ham. Perhaps a better management team might be able to educate these European class players about the importance of playing for Scotland.

22-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee.... The dinosaurs of football who are doing serious harm.

The 2 of them are from a bygone era. Disgraceful performance. Nae wonder the crowd was so p1sh. Any remaining enthusiasm from the fans is disappearing.

22-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Settle down Beavis. Do you honestly think Snodgrass gives a Castlemaine about Scotland. We don't think so. He earns good coin playing for West Ham. Perhaps a better management team might be able to educate these European class players about the importance of playing for Scotland.

22-03-2017, 10:27 PM

Ive been saying it for years. Both should not have a place in any kind of coaching capacity. I wouldn't let either of them coach a kids team. The utter guff that they continue to pick for these squads is mind blowing. We should be building for future competitions not playing the same old tired legs and faces.
A pal of mine was at a training session this week and put the training drills on FB. Its comical stuff.

Slavoj Zizek
22-03-2017, 10:29 PM

No worries mate. Emotions running high after a XXXX result. Sorry if I was out of order. :aok:

22-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Just back . Dearie me , that was brutal. Canada were well worth a draw . A feel robbed and I got my tickets for free .

22-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Ive been saying it for years. Both should not have a place in any kind of coaching capacity. I wouldn't let either of them coach a kids team. The utter guff that they continue to pick for these squads is mind blowing. We should be building for future competitions not playing the same old tired legs and faces.
A pal of mine was at a training session this week and put the training drills on FB. Its comical stuff.

I've seen his training as well. It's unreal and I've no idea how either are still coaching.

22-03-2017, 10:47 PM

No 3 points on Sunday and both will be gone, Largs mafia has a lot to answer for.

Jobs for the lads

The 2 of them are from a bygone era. Disgraceful performance. Nae wonder the crowd was so p1sh. Any remaining enthusiasm from the fans is disappearing.

Exactly, fans turning away speaks volumes.

No 3 points on Sunday and both will be gone, Largs mafia has a lot to answer for.

Is it bad that I want us to lose. That's how much I want them out.

22-03-2017, 11:51 PM
I've seen his training as well. It's unreal and I've no idea how either are still coaching.

I have seen both there training, both want players to play like robots.

Only kind thing i can say about McGhee is that he shared his pizza in the Bristol Rovers car park with me after a Tuesday night game, he was a angry man, but that is the norm from him. :greengrin

22-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Is it bad that I want us to lose. That's how much I want them out.

It's a case of tick tock, it will eventually happen, hopefully this weekend.

magpie1892
23-03-2017, 12:34 AM
As a (northern) Englishman, I will put my tin hat on and try to be objective.

Scotland were utter gash tonight.

Canada at least deserved a draw.

The Canada forwards were pacy and tricky - your CHs couldn't cope at all. Aird gave Wallace twisted blood and could have had the match ball but for some bad finishing.

Snodgrass said the surface was 'a swamp'. Bollocks. It wasn't great, I grant you, but the Canadian forwards didn't appear to be having any issues.

Strachan's taking the piss out of you in the same way that Eriksson did with us when putting the then 17-year-old Walcott in the 2002 World Cup squad as a '**** you' to the fans and media.

Get rid ASAP.

23-03-2017, 02:08 AM
As a (northern) Englishman, I will put my tin hat on and try to be objective.

Scotland were utter gash tonight.

Canada at least deserved a draw.

The Canada forwards were pacy and tricky - your CHs couldn't cope at all. Aird gave Wallace twisted blood and could have had the match ball but for some bad finishing.

Snodgrass said the surface was 'a swamp'. Bollocks. It wasn't great, I grant you, but the Canadian forwards didn't appear to be having any issues.

Strachan's taking the piss out of you in the same way that Eriksson did with us when putting the then 17-year-old Walcott in the 2002 World Cup squad as a '**** you' to the fans and media.

Get rid ASAP.

Grossly unfair. To Canada obviously. The better side by miles.

23-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Just left.

Anya and Cairney decent. Snodgrass a disgrace, Billy Big Baws who didn't try a leg. Fletcher...that's an imposter. Neat and tidy at very, very best, laborious, ponderous and devoid of tempo. How he's played at the top I'll never know.

As for the centre backs...I'll get my boots on if that's the best we've got.

Pretty decent summation from the little I saw on the tv. I probably put more effort in than Snodgrass getting a coffee at half time, who exactly does he think he is and even more bizarre he played all the game.

23-03-2017, 07:32 AM
I have seen both there training, both want players to play like robots.

Only kind thing i can say about McGhee is that he shared his pizza in the Bristol Rovers car park with me after a Tuesday night game, he was a angry man, but that is the norm from him. :greengrin

Haha, kind of pizza was it? Looks like a ham & Pineapple guy to me.

23-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Haha, kind of pizza was it? Looks like a ham & Pineapple guy to me.

Probably ....the big ****** weirdo.

23-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Probably ....the big ****** weirdo.

😂