PDA

View Full Version : Attendance v Falkirk and Morton

Real Emerald
19-03-2017, 11:32 AM
After yesterdays results and our home league form since beating Dundee Utd on 6 January, the games against Falkirk and Morton have now taken on huge importance. It's not just for this season but could have implications on many seasons to come. Every person that calls themselves a Hibs fan should be there if they possibly can be, we really need to give the team the best backing possible and take all 6 points.

So if you've not got your tickets yet please get them, lets ram Easter Road full to the brim and back them from the first minute to the last. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
19-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Think it's more important that the team turns up for a change rather than the fans.

Real Emerald
19-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Think it's more important that the team turns up for a change rather than the fans.

We all know that but lets pack the place and create the atmosphere they seem to relish in, we really have to win these games as the consequences of losing is unthinkable.

18Hibee75
19-03-2017, 12:49 PM
After yesterdays results and our home league form since beating Dundee Utd on 6 January, the games against Falkirk and Morton have now taken on huge importance. It's not just for this season but could have implications on many seasons to come. Every person that calls themselves a Hibs fan should be there if they possibly can be, we really need to give the team the best backing possible and take all 6 points.

So if you've not got your tickets yet please get them, lets ram Easter Road full to the brim and back them from the first minute to the last. [emoji106]
Well said! Too many fans don't bother to turn up and moan about how poor the performance was and they weren't even there!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Lago
19-03-2017, 01:05 PM
:greengrin

makaveli1875
19-03-2017, 01:50 PM
morton play to crowds of 2000 or less at home with next to no atmosphere and still manage to win consistently

Vini1875
19-03-2017, 01:58 PM
This team wins on the big occassions, our problem seems to be with run of the mill games.

StevieCowan
19-03-2017, 02:05 PM
I'd urge all Hibs fans to make every effort to get to these two home games and back the team for 90mins.

Absolutely vital that we all pull together and put aside any moans, groans and get behind the team.

Enough said
19-03-2017, 02:13 PM
I think the fans have done more than enough this season for the team. Our lack of tempo creativity and pace on a consistent basis has been poor this season at home.talk about putting us through it ha ha

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2017, 02:22 PM

We know that mate, in fact when anybody starts a thread like this you can usually guarantee the 3rd or 4th post on the first page will say exactly this.

The point they guy is making is that for the next two games we need everybody and anybody with any feeling for this club to try and get along and back the team ... at least if we do that and the team fail to do what we want ( need ) nobody can say it wasn't because of a lack of backing from the stands.

The attendance yesterday could never be described as 'disappointing' in the context of previous seasons, but lets not kid ourselves there were a number of season ticket holders and walk ups missing for what was a vital game and strangely enough in the east stand, which seemed not to have held up so well numbers wise as the other two stands had ...... practically the first thing my mate said to me when we took our seats and we looked at the east was "where the hell is everybody" and he took the words out of my mouth. The atmosphere was flat for 60 odd minutes until the need for urgency kicked into the team and after that the crowd were really up for it.

For the Falkirk and Morton games we don't just need folk to turn up, we need them to turn up and make a noise from the word go no matter how things are going on the pitch, we need the east stand to make the sort of fantastic racket it did in the Dundee Utd and Hearts games .... if they do the other two stands will join in and it WILL inspire the players. I don't know what happened yesterday, was it the ( bloody ) rugby, folk keeping their powder dry for the next two games, who knows ..... but lets hope the 'missing' turn up in the next 10 days.

AgentDaleCooper
19-03-2017, 02:41 PM
We know that mate, in fact when anybody starts a thread like this you can usually guarantee the 3rd or 4th post on the first page will say exactly this.

The point they guy is making is that for the next two games we need everybody and anybody with any feeling for this club to try and get along and back the team ... at least if we do that and the team fail to do what we want ( need ) nobody can say it wasn't because of a lack of backing from the stands.

The attendance yesterday could never be described as 'disappointing' in the context of previous seasons, but lets not kid ourselves there were a number of season ticket holders and walk ups missing for what was a vital game and strangely enough in the east stand, which seemed not to have held up so well numbers wise as the other two stands had ...... practically the first thing my mate said to me when we took our seats and we looked at the east was "where the hell is everybody" and he took the words out of my mouth. The atmosphere was flat for 60 odd minutes until the need for urgency kicked into the team and after that the crowd were really up for it.

For the Falkirk and Morton games we don't just need folk to turn up, we need them to turn up and make a noise from the word go no matter how things are going on the pitch, we need the east stand to make the sort of fantastic racket it did in the Dundee Utd and Hearts games .... if they do the other two stands will join in and it WILL inspire the players. I don't know what happened yesterday, was it the ( bloody ) rugby, folk keeping their powder dry for the next two games, who knows ..... but lets hope the 'missing' turn up in the next 10 days.

i've got limited holidays, and work on saturdays, but do have a season ticket...i find it really irritating how self righteous folk on here get about ST holders who can't make every game - i paid nearly £400 knowing that i wouldn't be able to make all the games because i wanted to make a contribution to the club after they delivered us the cup, and i'm sure there's a lot of other people like this.

also...we got over 14,000 against frikking dumbarton. that's pretty good going. 4 years ago we'd only have been getting those sorts of figures against the old firm and hearts (maybe 15,000, but rarely above that IIRC).

of course it helps when everyone turns up...but could folk stop being dicks about it? :dunno:

(FYI, i've taken next saturday off work)

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2017, 03:06 PM
I have a ST but wasn't there yesterday. Was offered a day out at the rugby, being entertained before,during and after the rugby. Had a great day and night, gave my ST away so seat was still occupied.

Dashing Bob S
19-03-2017, 03:32 PM
i've got limited holidays, and work on saturdays, but do have a season ticket...i find it really irritating how self righteous folk on here get about ST holders who can't make every game - i paid nearly £400 knowing that i wouldn't be able to make all the games because i wanted to make a contribution to the club after they delivered us the cup, and i'm sure there's a lot of other people like this.

also...we got over 14,000 against frikking dumbarton. that's pretty good going. 4 years ago we'd only have been getting those sorts of figures against the old firm and hearts (maybe 15,000, but rarely above that IIRC).

of course it helps when everyone turns up...but could folk stop being dicks about it? :dunno:

It normally would take 2-3 games against Dumbarton to get that figure.

banarc7062
19-03-2017, 03:35 PM

I would agree with this comment. Some in the team appear very selective in the games they appear to give 110 %. We need tohave this league sew up aap in all our interests then see how the fans respond. GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2017, 03:45 PM

I wasn't having a go at folk who don't turn up for whatever reason ..... I was talking about the need to have as big a crowd as possible for the next 2 games. A lot of folk didn't go yesterday who will turn out for big games because it was Dumbarton and they just dont have a big game feel about them ... the trouble is they may be a small club, but it was a big game. Perhaps you missed the bit where I acknowledged that in the context of previous seasons it was still a very good crowd.

If I decide to be 'a dick' it will be a lot easier to tell it than from what I posted on this thread :aok:

ancient hibee
19-03-2017, 04:23 PM
I wasn't having a go at folk who don't turn up for whatever reason ..... I was talking about the need to have as big a crowd as possible for the next 2 games. A lot of folk didn't go yesterday who will turn out for big games because it was Dumbarton and they just dont have a big game feel about them ... the trouble is they may be a small club, but it was a big game. Perhaps you missed the bit where I acknowledged that in the context of previous seasons it was still a very good crowd.

If I decide to be 'a dick' it will be a lot easier to tell it than from what I posted on this thread :aok:
Yesterday we had the second highest attendance in Scotland and there were only seventeen higher crowds in England.What you say about fans only turning out for the bigger games applies also to the players who are failing to show that they have the application to be the winners they should be.

Callum_62
19-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Dot counts already looking pretty decent for saturday

stuart-farquhar
19-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Dot counts already looking pretty decent for saturday

I'm back for the two games. Not that far admittedly but 2600 miles round trip.

Lago
19-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Yesterday we had the second highest attendance in Scotland and there were only seventeen higher crowds in England.What you say about fans only turning out for the bigger games applies also to the players who are failing to show that they have the application to be the winners they should be.
Spot on, they seem to think they can choose which games they want to give 100%.