PDA

View Full Version : Cathro - PIP

H18 SFR
19-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Heard something very interesting about Cathro the rambler last night. Apparently he is working within a Performance Improvement Plan, we just call them PIP at my work as they are dirty words.

He's been on it since the Partick game I heard, Budge is apparently very sympathetic of his situation so has started it for two reasons, first to help him and secondly to justify gross misconduct if they sack him which would of course mean they would suggest he doesn't need paid off. She has a ruthless and effective approach to business so it certainly adds up.

Source - Box Soccer franchise partner/coach.

Jones28
19-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Never a good sign. Haha

Thecat23
19-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Heard something very interesting about Cathro the rambler last night. Apparently he is working within a Performance Improvement Plan, we just call them PIP at my work as they are dirty words.

He's been on it since the Partick game I heard, Budge is apparently very sympathetic of his situation so has started it for two reasons, first to help him and secondly to justify gross misconduct if they sack him which would of course mean they would suggest he doesn't need paid off. She has a ruthless and effective approach to business so it certainly adds up.

Can they do that? I thought if he's signed a 3 year deal they can't then just introduce it and sack him if not going well without paying him off.

The Green Goblin
19-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Did anyone else misread the thread title as "Cathro RIP"??! Bit of a weird moment.

Fife-Hibee
19-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Did anyone else misread the thread title as "Cathro RIP"??! Bit of a weird moment.

Yeah me' lol

Is It On....
19-03-2017, 11:27 AM
This has got to be a wind up. PIPs are used to get an individual out of the door as around 90% of people on them get booted after the 3 month period. The only compensation for loss of employment being your "notice period" as it makes it harder to claim unfair dismissal. As football staff are on contracts you have to pay them out so a PIP doesn't save the club any money.

Beefster
19-03-2017, 11:28 AM
I'm calling bull**** on that particular rumour.

GordonHFC
19-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Can they do that? I thought if he's signed a 3 year deal they can't then just introduce it and sack him if not going well without paying him off.

They can but he would have to agree to the change in his contract.

Enough said
19-03-2017, 11:31 AM
What a load of nonsense

brog
19-03-2017, 11:46 AM
This is probably nonsense but it's equally nonsense to suggest his contract would need to be changed. All big companies, & remember Yams are ginormous, have standard clauses for employees' T's & C's. I'm sure all disciplinary/performance matters will be covered by some kind of all embracing language.

Thecat23
19-03-2017, 11:46 AM
They can but he would have to agree to the change in his contract.

Which I can't see he'd ever agree to that considering he has a 3 year deal. Be like saying yeah sure I don't mind about getting punted without compensation. No one in their right mind would agree to this.

Enough said
19-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Which I can't see he'd ever agree to that considering he has a 3 year deal. Be like saying yeah sure I don't mind about getting punted without compensation. No one in their right mind would agree to this.

This...👍🏻

Seveno
19-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Perhaps Budge explained it to him in complicated technical language that no-one could understand.

Brightside
19-03-2017, 12:11 PM

A football manager on a PIP.....hahaha. It would have to be written into the original contract.

Deansy
19-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Thought when I left my old work I'd heard or seen the last of 'PIP' - a much-favoured tool used by management (particuarly in call-centres) to put even more stress on workers !. Fwiw - can't see this being true as Cathro's on a contract and no way would his agent have given the nod for him to sign a contract that even mentioned such a pathetic, punitive tactic.

Eyrie
19-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Gross misconduct involves a lot more than simply not being any good at your job. He'd have to be guilty of a serious offence like interrupting Levein's half time team talk or accessing illegal material on his work laptop.

The Green Goblin
19-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Gross misconduct involves a lot more than simply not being any good at your job. He'd have to be guilty of a serious offence like interrupting Levein's half time team talk or accessing illegal material on his work laptop.

:agree: Or, say, punching a player in training...

FilipinoHibs
19-03-2017, 01:48 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15166733.It_can__39_t_be_right_that_Craig_Levein_i nterferes_during_a_match_rather_than_allowing_Ian_ Cathro_to_get_on_his_job_at_Hearts/?ref=appshr

BoomtownHibees
19-03-2017, 01:56 PM
:agree: Or, say, punching a player in training...

Or in a game

snooky
19-03-2017, 02:12 PM
PIP? Maybe they meant PUMP.
(Permanently Underperforming Manager Plan)

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Came across this, stick with it until the end. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghglWiPjU0

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 05:10 PM
cathro must stay, leave the poor boy alone, it's PPI he had, not PIP

Bostonhibby
19-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Came across this, stick with it until the end. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghglWiPjU0
A maroon microwave (well jobby brownish mixed with pink) is the real headline here.

emerald green
19-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) aka "The Sword of Damocles", i.e. a thing or situation which causes a prolonged state of impending doom or misfortune.:jamboclow

lapsedhibee
19-03-2017, 06:38 PM

No, but I thought it was going to be a revelation about 'throda qualifying for Personal Independence Payment on account of his chronic verbal diarrhoea.

jonty
19-03-2017, 06:45 PM
i thought it was software on the laptop that let him watch the game, and update spreadsheets at the same time.

high bee
20-03-2017, 06:54 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15166733.It_can__39_t_be_right_that_Craig_Levein_i nterferes_during_a_match_rather_than_allowing_Ian_ Cathro_to_get_on_his_job_at_Hearts/?ref=appshr

This is a genuine quote from that article:

"McInnes spoke after the match about the honest which comes out of his players and it’s clear what he means. This is the best Aberdeen side since the won which under Willie Miller gave Rangers a run for their money in the early 1990s."

No idea what he is going on about with the honest bit and as for the use of won instead of one, that's unbelievable for a national newspaper.

northstandhibby
20-03-2017, 07:07 AM
No, but I thought it was going to be a revelation about 'throda qualifying for Personal Independence Payment on account of his chronic verbal diarrhoea.

Its extremely obvious Levein is in charge of team affairs. However its also a bit of a non-story kept going by the Hunyam media as its publicly very well known throda is Levein's boy. Its the reason throda does repetitive word speak as he's not able to comment with any authority on team affairs.

:giruy2:

glory glory

Slavoj Zizek
20-03-2017, 06:46 PM
PIP = Personal Independence Payment. I thought wee Cathy was off to York Place. Dispensing with our jocular hilarity aimed at the Yams, underscore rightly points out there is no way in hell he is on a "PIP" contract. Reads like supermarket own brand "sauce" to me...

ColinNish
20-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Thought when I left my old work I'd heard or seen the last of 'PIP' - a much-favoured tool used by management (particuarly in call-centres) to put even more stress on workers !.

If you've ever been in management then you'll know what a godsend these are.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2017, 09:16 PM

Monktonhall 7
20-03-2017, 10:02 PM
:wink::thumbsup::thumbsup: