PDA

View Full Version : Hibs please look at WBA corners

linlithgowhibbie
18-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Wish we would look at West Broms corners, fast hard and into the 6 yard box, attacked by 3 or 4 players. Instead we float ball 15 yards past the back post for SDG

Lago
18-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Wish we would look at West Broms corners, fast hard and into the 6 yard box, attacked by 3 or 4 players. Instead we float ball 15 yards past the back post for SDG
Just made the point on another thread that Hibs had 15 corners today & no end product. Your right re WBA just watch their highlights.

CMurdoch
18-03-2017, 11:03 PM

Spooky, was just thinking that myself when watching MOTD tonight

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Junior teams defend corners better than Arsenal, bad example. We score a lot more goals from corners than we ever have in my time following Hibs.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Junior teams defend corners better than Arsenal, bad example. We score a lot more goals from corners than we ever have in my time following Hibs.

We don't score from anywhere near enough. We consistently play with tall attacking centre half's who should score far more than they do. Both Holt and Graham on the pitch for the last 15 mins or so yet between them, Forster, Efe and McGregor we weren't close to scoring from any of our numerous corners.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 11:39 PM
We don't score from anywhere near enough. We consistently play with tall attacking centre half's who should score far more than they do. Both Holt and Graham on the pitch for the last 15 mins or so yet between them, Forster, Efe and McGregor we weren't close to scoring from any of our numerous corners.We won a penalty from one of our corners?

leither17
18-03-2017, 11:44 PM
I thought this was going to be about filling them in

Is It On....
19-03-2017, 09:55 AM
According to the BBC, West Brom have scored 12 goals from corners this season. They play to their strengths and max the opportunities. Pulis has proven a master at this and it can only be arrogance (we are better than that, blah, blah, blah) that other teams don't copy this part of the game.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Tbh we'd have to rely on a team defending as laughably as Arsenal yesterday. I'm not sure that will happene even at our level.

Greenwich_Hibby
19-03-2017, 09:58 AM
We've got a manager who can't see beyond the east end of Glasgow never mind Birmingham!

Is It On....
19-03-2017, 09:58 AM

Apparently Wenger had only been on the winning side ONCE against Pulis.

number9dream
19-03-2017, 10:32 AM
West Brom have 14 league goals from corners this season!
NL played in a Martin O'Neill side that scored a lot of headers from set-pieces.
Our free kicks and corners leave a lot to be desired.
Guys like Beckham and Bale put in hundreds of extra hours of practice, making them consistently excellent at deliveries. We should have at least two or three players capable of whipping in an accurate ball at pace.
McGregor, Ambrose, Forster and Graham are more than capable of nodding in a few more goals.
Look at the Morton defender O'Ware - he's got 10 goals this term, his partner Kilday has 4.

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Apparently Wenger had only been on the winning side ONCE against Pulis.Must be away from home, Pulis has never even taken a point away at Arsenal I'd wager.

green with envy
20-03-2017, 07:19 AM

Didn't you realise that we are the masters of scoring direct from corners?:wink:

superfurryhibby
20-03-2017, 07:26 AM
We've got a manager who can't see beyond the east end of Glasgow never mind Birmingham!

Quality observation, well done.

erin go bragh
20-03-2017, 09:34 AM
SJM can fairly whip them in from the left . Don't know why he doesn't take them .

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-03-2017, 09:52 AM
We won a penalty from one of our corners?

A very soft penalty after a bit of bouncing around in the box. Considering the height we have in all of our centre halves and also Holt and Graham, both on the field for the final 15 mins or so on Saturday, we don't ever look like scoring a header from a corner.

JimBHibees
20-03-2017, 09:55 AM

Letting your cover slip there are you not. :greengrin

hibsbollah
20-03-2017, 10:06 AM

:agree: Good point.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-03-2017, 10:19 AM
I thought this was going to be about filling them in

Not the worst model we could copy. A small number of seats and large screens. Cheaper than filling in the corners with thousands of seats which we would rarely need anyway. Gives West Brom a real enclosed feel to an otherwise very ordinary stadium.