PDA

View Full Version : Two shot on target two goals

Sammy7nil
18-03-2017, 08:19 PM
I wonder what our opponents goal ratio is to shots on target since we joined this league? It seems we talked about it every week last year and it appears to have carried on this year. In the meantime we need 7 or 8 on target to get a goal.

Shoting practice required.

Carheenlea
18-03-2017, 10:26 PM
There's a freakish nature to such stats, but when it seems to happen to us on a regular occurrence you need to look beyond simple misfortune.

DaveF
19-03-2017, 05:45 AM
No real investigation required.

We are crap up front and lack concentration at the back.

eastcoasthibby
19-03-2017, 05:59 AM
Absolutely right almost every game have around a 50%+ strike success rate against us, whereas we are about 10%
:15% yet we think we have the best forwards in the league ! That's not been proven even Cummings only takes about 1 in 4 chances !! So what's wrong ??? It enough focus at training or lack of composure or just not natural strikers ?
Defensively we are slack at times and switch off, as well as just looking casual and not string enough especially in full back positions, I think Gray has been a week link for us, getting caught out loads of times recently especially with a bit of pace and ability against him, not 100% sure if it 2nd goal was guy running of him yesterday or McGregor either way switched off ..
We don't cope well with a team with bit of movement up front ...watching our two challengers last night and they certainly have that ..interesting times to come in next 4,games !!

where'stheslope
19-03-2017, 08:12 AM
Always feel that strikers playing against us, feel they will only get a few chances in any game, so they adopt a shoot on sight attitude against us.

This makes it difficult for our defenders to try and move their opposing player out of harms way out wide.

So, as soon as our defender gets close enough and tries to shepherd the player out or away from goal, they have already taken the shot.

Our defenders need to keep tight on the forwards all game, but as we know our defenders like to go forward and that's usually when we are often caught out at the back.

hibbysam
19-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Oxley's fault.

High-On-Hibs
19-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Reason opposition goal/to shot success ratio is so high, is because they play the break and counter game. Although they have few chances, they're generally extremely good chances that occur after spliting our defence wide open. On the other hand, they sit very deep and when we get forward, we're often resorting to hit and hopes from long distances and poor angles.

There's nothing mysterious going on here and is entirely logical.

Nicho87
19-03-2017, 08:36 AM
This happens most weeks against us

Allant1981
19-03-2017, 08:39 AM
im pretty sure we still have one of the best defensive records in the country so its clear to see defending isnt our main problem, the main issue is not scoring enough

highland hibbee
19-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Reason opposition goal/to shot success ratio is so high, is because they play the break and counter game. Although they have few chances, they're generally extremely good chances that occur after spliting our defence wide open. On the other hand, they sit very deep and when we get forward, we're often resorting to hit and hopes from long distances and poor angles.

Yes, you've pretty much nailed it. exactky how I see it too

green day
19-03-2017, 08:55 AM
When we are doing well we have "best defense in UK" threads, when we lose a goal or two this appears.

Fans, eh?

majorhibs
19-03-2017, 09:54 PM
When we are doing well we have "best defense in UK" threads, when we lose a goal or two this appears.

Fans, eh?

When leagues won as it should have been by now, then "fans eh"

mutley
19-03-2017, 10:13 PM
It doesn't help when opposition get a penalty and score, we get a penalty and miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man Down Under
20-03-2017, 12:10 PM
No real investigation required.

We are crap up front and lack concentration at the back.
and top of the league.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

KWJ
20-03-2017, 12:22 PM

That 2nd goal was not a good chance. While it was poor defending in that Efe lost the header, McGregor and Gray were caught flat footed, the boy still had to find the corner at pace and did so. At least 4/5 times that's a goal kick or save.

Dunfermline is the only game where we gave away great chance after chance I'd say.

DaveF
20-03-2017, 01:18 PM
and top of the league.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Top marks for that observation.

Point still stands though. Our goals scored in very poor against the chances we create.

Speedy
20-03-2017, 02:29 PM
That 2nd goal was not a good chance. While it was poor defending in that Efe lost the header, McGregor and Gray were caught flat footed, the boy still had to find the corner at pace and did so. At least 4/5 times that's a goal kick or save.

Dunfermline is the only game where we gave away great chance after chance I'd say.

In this case you're right but the previous post was spot on over the course of a season.

bubblesmorrison
20-03-2017, 04:32 PM
What do they do all week at training? It is clear to see what the issues are. Is this what Lennon means when he says the players are not learning? Is he trying to get them to stop making the same mistakes and they are not taking it on? Is the way he is trying to get his point across not sinking in with some players? So many questions that will never be answered.