PDA

View Full Version : Fans have part to play

Hibeesforever
18-03-2017, 08:47 PM
I thought the atmosphere was dreadful today. It was rocking in Dundee and we won, today there were hardly any songs. If we are going to get promoted the fans need to turn up with an attitude as well as the players. Confident we will beat Falkirk and Morton

Hiber-nation
18-03-2017, 08:48 PM
I thought the atmosphere was dreadful today. It was rocking in Dundee and we won, today there were hardly any songs. If we are going to get promoted the fans need to turn up with an attitude as well as the players. Confident we will beat Falkirk and Morton

Well the players maybe need to turn up first as we've backed them to the hilt this season.

Kojock
18-03-2017, 08:49 PM

Fans did turn up, unfortunately the team didn't. Our home record against the bottom teams is unacceptable.

Hibeesforever
18-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Fans did turn up, unfortunately the team didn't. Our home record against the bottom teams is unacceptable.

Hibs fans are amazing, although a more noisy home crowd would inspire the Hibs players and intimidate the opposition.

Billychaotic182
18-03-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm on the bus for almost 6 hours to see hibs play. Fans do their part. Our attendance this season has been fantastic. The fans can't be faulted. Sometimes fans need something to sing about.

emerald green
18-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Yes fans have a part to play, but so does the team on the pitch. It's a two way thing.

The players performance, in the first half especially today, was very poor.

iwasthere1972
18-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Bit unfair to pick one of the few matches this season that the atmosphere wasn't as good as it usually is. It was one of these games were there wasn't much to get you off your seat and it was against Dumbarton and other ***** like that.

Guaranteed that the ground will be rocking when Falkirk come a knocking. An early goal please.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 09:03 PM
I thought the fans were great today considering the dross on the park. Few songs got a decent airing and the last 15 minutes or so saw the fans really trying to drive the team on.

Hibeesforever
18-03-2017, 09:07 PM
I thought the fans were great today considering the dross on the park. Few songs got a decent airing and the last 15 minutes or so saw the fans really trying to drive the team on.

Yes last 15 minutes we were great, though in the early part we were quiet. Utd game at Tannadice is the benchmark atmosphere.

Sammy7nil
18-03-2017, 09:07 PM
I thought the fans were very good today, even when we were down they were singing.
it's a two way street though and the game hardly lit up for about 70 minutes and that was down to Dumbarton.

I never really cared who gets relegated from this league but after today I hope it is Dumbarton.
I thought the guys done well to get the draw given the circumstances.
I wouldn't pick any player out for criticism today as Dumbarton played a 10 0 0 formation.

We will get there, I'm sure of that.

I agree every away team should be forced to play a 3 - 4 - 3 they should lie down and ensure we win by at least three goals. All this pishhhing with the knob you have nonsense is a joke. Just turn up rollover and go home.

Real Emerald
18-03-2017, 09:11 PM

It's THE noisiest Hibs support I've ever heard against Dumbarton in all the years I've been going and probably the biggest turnout. What more do the fans need to do, utter utter nonsense.

emerald green
18-03-2017, 09:15 PM
It's THE noisiest Hibs support I've ever heard against Dumbarton in all the years I've been going and probably the biggest turnout. What more do the fans need to do, utter utter nonsense.

Over 14,000 for a game against Dumbarton who maybe brought one busload of fans. Supporter backing that most club directors in Scotland would give their left nut for.

skyhibs
18-03-2017, 09:16 PM

i am confident you haven't been to many games as the fans turn up week in and week out.... team turns up maybe once a month....

stupid remark

Iggy Pope
18-03-2017, 09:17 PM

Hibs fans are amazing, although a more noisy home crowd would inspire the Hibs players and intimidate the opposition.

Yes last 15 minutes we were great, though in the early part we were quiet. Utd game at Tannadice is the benchmark atmosphere.

You're sounding a wee bit like that wee bloke in the pub in the Fast Show that ends up agreeing with everyone that tells him to shut it.

monarch
18-03-2017, 09:19 PM
I agree every away team should be forced to play a 3 - 4 - 3 they should lie down and ensure we win by at least three goals. All this pishhhing with the knob you have nonsense is a joke. Just turn up rollover and go home.

Exactly. they should know their place.
After all during the week today's pesky opponents were painting walls, fixing burst pipes and working in call centres whereas our lot were luxuriating in our facilities at East Mains perfecting (?) their skills.

:rolleyes:

scooby
18-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Can't blame the fans, the team were woeful first half today.
Give us something to sing about.

givescotlandfreedom
18-03-2017, 09:40 PM
The fact that booing wasn't ringing from the stands was good support IMO given many aspects of that performance. Fans rallied late on too which was good to see. Shame Dumbarton's rotten attempt at football didn't crumble at the end, I still can't believe their keeper's save on Graham late on.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Very quiet today, over 14,000 announced as attendance, but nowhere near it. What was the crowd at the Ayr cup game? Was a lot more at that game but similar attendance announced.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Pittodrie att; 12,178

Easter road att: 14.093

Baader
18-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Fans are doing their bit alright. Can't ask anymore there.

Callyballybe
18-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Yeah, have to agree with the majority here. Nothing to do with the fans today - that was the players and the players only.

I thought we were very good considering we were playing Dumbarton.

DavidDavidGray
18-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Quick question, slightly related to the topic: Why do we sing the 2 In A Row song in league games? Surely it's a Scottish Cup game only song? Doesn't really matter or have an issue, just curious

Sammy7nil
18-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Quick question, slightly related to the topic: Why do we sing the 2 In A Row song in league games? Surely it's a Scottish Cup game only song? Doesn't really matter or have an issue, just curious

I dislike that song the soooner it is changed to 3 in a row the better :wink: seriously i do dislike it.

houstonhibbee
18-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Very quiet today, over 14,000 announced as attendance, but nowhere near it. What was the crowd at the Ayr cup game? Was a lot more at that game but similar attendance announced.

Attendance figures now include non attending STH's
Cup games are actual as season tickets don't apply

DavidDavidGray
18-03-2017, 11:25 PM
I dislike that song the soooner it is changed to 3 in a row the better :wink: seriously i do dislike it.

If we get 2 In A Row do we just keep going until we eventually lose it? Here We Go 49 In A Row doesn't sound that great

matty_f
18-03-2017, 11:30 PM
If we get 2 In A Row do we just keep going until we eventually lose it? Here We Go 49 In A Row doesn't sound that great

We can worry about that once we've got 48 out the way. :greengrin

Deansy
18-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Fans will be behind the team all-game long when the team tries all-game long - they both feed off each other.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Thought the crowd was about 12 to 13 thousand, it certainly didn't look over 14,000 ...... The game was just as I predicted, Hibs knocking at the door and 10 men holding it shut, its just not the sort of game to get the crowd going no matter the importance of it. The crowd were much better in the last 20 minutes and the team responded with a spirited effort to try and win the bloody thing.

Its surprising so many were obviously missing today given the huge importance of the match, but I suppose the rugby and the fact that we have two 'bigger' games to come this month kept some away and made some save their money for Falkirk and Morton ...... we certainly need the place rocking for these two games, lets hope I'm right.

Captain Trips
19-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Players have a part to play, 100% down to players and managers and nothing else.

pacorosssco
19-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Players have a part to play, 100% down to players and managers and nothing else.
Yes beat falkirk and morton and we go up