PDA

View Full Version : And then there is two.................

theonlywayisup
18-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Last week, there were four teams that could win the Championship. Now, I think we are down to two - us and Morton.

Looking at the fixtures, it's still in our hands and we need to start taking charge and stop droppoing points against the bottom of the league teams. The bonus is that we don't have many games left against these teams.

Hibs (Played 28, 55 points)

Falkirk (H)
Morton (H)
Dunfermline (A)
Morton (A)
Queens (H)
Raith (H)
Ayr (A)
St. Mirren (H)

Morton (Played 27, 48 points)

Dunfermline (H)
Hibernian (A)
Dumbarton (A)
Hibernian (H)
St Mirren (H)
Raith (A)
Ayr (H)
Dunfermline (A)
Dundee United (H)

Win our two games against Morton and Falkirk and we're going up, IMO.

Joe6-2
18-03-2017, 07:33 PM
We are forever saying we must stop dropping points to the lower sides, but, there is no sign of this ever happening!!

emerald green
18-03-2017, 07:36 PM
If anyone thinks Falkirk are out of it, they are dreaming.

Crab apple
18-03-2017, 07:40 PM

Falkirk won't win the league. Two horse race now for the title and it's still very much in our own hands.

Bishop Hibee
18-03-2017, 07:40 PM

They are if we pump them next Saturday. A reminder of the play-offs last season should be enough to motivate the players.

emerald green
18-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Falkirk won't win the league. Two horse race now for the title and it's still very much in our own hands.

I hope you're right. Meanwhile can you also tell me the winning numbers for next weeks Lotto please?

They are if we pump them next Saturday. A reminder of the play-offs last season should be enough to motivate the players.

If...Now where have I heard that before?

Crab apple
18-03-2017, 07:53 PM
I hope you're right. Meanwhile can you also tell me the winning numbers for next weeks Lotto please?

If...Now where have I heard that before?

Afraid not but very happy to wager I'm right about Falkirk. Big chance for them tonight and they blew it.

emerald green
18-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Afraid not but very happy to wager I'm right about Falkirk. Big chance for them tonight and they blew it.

I'm not a gambling man Crab apple. I think a lot will depend on the result between Hibs and Falkirk next Saturday.

As I said earlier, I hope you're right about Falkirk. I detest them.

Crab apple
18-03-2017, 08:32 PM
I'm not a gambling man Crab apple. I think a lot will depend on the result between Hibs and Falkirk next Saturday.

As I said earlier, I hope you're right about Falkirk. I detest them.

Horrible club with a loathsome manager. The new Airdrie for me.

theonlywayisup
18-03-2017, 08:40 PM

I'm not dreaming at all.

Falkirk are 7 points behind Hibs having played one game more and only having 7 games left to play.

Falkirk are level on points with Morton but have played two games more.

There's no chance that they'll go above both by the end of the season, IMO.

StevieCowan
18-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Falkirk will drop points between now and end of the season, even if it's just 4 points this leaves them with 65 points.

Hibs will take more than 10 points from 24.

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Last week, there were four teams that could win the Championship. Now, I think we are down to two - us and Morton.

Looking at the fixtures, it's still in our hands and we need to start taking charge and stop droppoing points against the bottom of the league teams. The bonus is that we don't have many games left against these teams.

Hibs (Played 28, 55 points)

Falkirk (H)
Morton (H)
Dunfermline (A)
Morton (A)
Queens (H)
Raith (H)
Ayr (A)
St. Mirren (H)

Morton (Played 27, 48 points)

Dunfermline (H)
Hibernian (A)
Dumbarton (A)
Hibernian (H)
St Mirren (H)
Raith (A)
Ayr (H)
Dunfermline (A)
Dundee United (H)

Win our two games against Morton and Falkirk and we're going up, IMO.

The problem is, it's now in Morton's hands as well. If they win all their remaining games they'll win the league. These next two matches are crucial for us. We absolutely must take 6 points.

_hucks_
19-03-2017, 09:45 AM
The problem is, it's now in Morton's hands as well. If they win all their remaining games they'll win the league. These next two matches are crucial for us. We absolutely must take 6 points.

They have 1 game in hand and 1 game against us and a 7 point gap. Still not quite in their hands.

hibbysam
19-03-2017, 09:46 AM
They have 1 game in hand and 1 game against us and a 7 point gap. Still not quite in their hands.

2 games against us.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2017, 09:48 AM

2 games against us.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2017, 09:50 AM

They have 2 games against us.

We need to put their chance to bed over the next 2 games as no one will be confident going to Greenock given their home record.

Jim44
19-03-2017, 10:38 AM
One win in six games is enough for a team like ours to spiral into free fall. We've got plenty experience in that department and I'm not confident we have the balls to reverse the trend.

where'stheslope
19-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Next 4 games decide this League for us, one way or another we must win at least 2 of these games 1 being against Morton.

If we think a draw is good enough in any of the 4 games, we could see ourselves with extra pressure in the final run in.

Win, win, win and win is the only way we should be looking at this time, losing to Morton is not an option, as it gives them hope for winning this league!!!!

lucky
19-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Morton won't beat us twice, they not beaten us this season. Hibs have only lost 3 games in 28 games. mathematically it's possible for either Falkirk or Morton to win it but the reality is they won't.

where'stheslope
19-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Morton won't beat us twice, they not beaten us this season. Hibs have only lost 3 games in 28 games. mathematically it's possible for either Falkirk or Morton to win it but the reality is they won't.

And Dumbarton won't draw with us again at Easter Road!!!!

Sorry, but the way we are playing anything can happen?

At the moment they have a knack of winning games dirty, but winning none the less, we have to be on top of them from the start in both games and not let up, unfortunately we can still lose or draw from that position!

Pretty Boy
19-03-2017, 11:51 AM
I won't dismiss Morton just yet.

Plenty people said Falkirk would fade away or we would see them off last season, many of them saying similar on this thread and elsewhere, and that didn't happen.

We are still in a decent position and we should still have enough to get the league won but a bit respect for our opponents wouldn't go amiss.

scooby
19-03-2017, 01:29 PM
One win in six games is enough for a team like ours to spiral into free fall. We've got plenty experience in that department and I'm not confident we have the balls to reverse the trend.

Agree, Lennon seems to be at the end of his tether about it. A few of them will be out on their arse at the end of the season.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2017, 02:32 PM
I have no idea what's going to happen ..... from week to week we have no idea which Hibs will turn up, yes we have stepped up in the so called 'big' games this season, but Saturday was a big game and we didn't ..... There is going to be loads of twists and turns in the games that are left and given our league form in the last 6 fixtures ... D,D,D,L,W,D ... or to put it an even worse way a miserly 7 points out of 18 there is no doubt in my mind that if Morton or Falkirk manage to put any sort of a run together and we continue this stuttering form we are going to be in trouble.

Morton ....... L,W,D.D,W,W ...... ... 11 points from 18

Falkirk ........ W,D,D,W,W,L ......... 11 points from 18

There are enough games left for both Falkirk and Morton to catch us ..... if Falkirk scrape any kind of a win at ER on Saturday they are only 4 points behind us with 6 games left ..... if the unthinkable were to happen and we were to lose both games to Morton they would probably be 1 point behind us with 6 games still to play and in their current form I certainly wouldn't count them out if that were to happen.

FFS ..... we simply have to win our next two games, if we don't I fear for us .... I really do :confused:

Crab apple
19-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I won't dismiss Morton just yet.

Plenty people said Falkirk would fade away or we would see them off last season, many of them saying similar on this thread and elsewhere, and that didn't happen.

We are still in a decent position and we should still have enough to get the league won but a bit respect for our opponents wouldn't go amiss.

I don't see anyone disrespecting opponents. Some people think it's now a two horse race while some think Falkirk are still in it. I'm in the former camp.

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 04:20 PM
It's not a two horse race unless we beat Falkirk next week.

If we do that and go 10 points ahead of them with them only having 18 points left to play for then they're out of the picture.

It then comes down to the Wednesday night against Morton which would then be a huge match.

Crab apple
19-03-2017, 05:05 PM
It's not a two horse race unless we beat Falkirk next week.

If we do that and go 10 points ahead of them with them only having 18 points left to play for then they're out of the picture.

It then comes down to the Wednesday night against Morton which would then be a huge match.

Every game is a big game. We're in pole position. We've had too many draws but we've only lost three times this season. Falkirk needed to beat Morton. They didn't.

BullsCloseHibs
19-03-2017, 05:08 PM

Eh?
Bizarre statement!

greenlex
19-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Eh?
Bizarre statement!

It's not really. We really must take 6 points or Morton will be right there.

Radium
19-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Falkirk will drop points between now and end of the season, even if it's just 4 points this leaves them with 65 points.

Hibs will take more than 10 points from 24.

Current form is 7 from possible 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Eh?
Bizarre statement!

Why's it a bizarre statement?

It is a fact to say that it's in Morton's hands. They are 7 points behind us, they have two games in hand and also still have two games to play against us.

If we get anything less than six points against Falkirk and Morton, we are going to be involved in a real dogfight in our last 6 matches. I still think we'll win the title but we are really making things very hard for ourselves. We ought to be about 15-20 points clear right now.

The amount of draws we're getting lately is ridiculous.

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 05:33 PM

It is a fact to say that it's in Morton's hands. They are 7 points behind us, they have two games in hand and also still have two games to play against us.

If we get anything less than six points against Falkirk and Morton, we are going to be involved in a real dogfight in our last 6 matches. I still think we'll win the title but we are really making things very hard for ourselves. We ought to be about 15-20 points clear right now.

they have one game in hand in relation to us,and that game in hand is a renfrewshire derby against a resurgent st.mirren fighting for points

emerald green
19-03-2017, 05:39 PM
they have one game in hand in relation to us,and that game in hand is a renfrewshire derby against a resurgent st.mirren fighting for points

Who Hibs happen play at ER on the last day of the Championship season. That's why dropping points at home to Dumbarton and others is putting pressure on themselves, not to mention the nerves of the supporters.

Hopefully, it will be over before then though.

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Who Hibs happen play at ER on the last day of the Championship season. That's why dropping points at home to Dumbarton and others is putting pressure on themselves, not to mention the nerves of the supporters.

Hopefully, it will be over before then though.

oh i've already done the calculations, we will have the league wrapped up the previous week then watch the party go completely flat in our last home game...it's the hibs way :greengrin

Wigson13
19-03-2017, 05:41 PM
One good thing is Morton have played QOS and we have still to play them at home, they are the only team in the league just now with nothing to play for. Every other team is scrapping for anything and there are no easy games!

emerald green
19-03-2017, 05:51 PM
oh i've already done the calculations, we will have the league wrapped up the previous week then watch the party go completely flat in our last home game...it's the hibs way :greengrin

I would settle for that I suppose cabbage, but I'm never happy! I want it done before then if possible cos my nerves are starting to fray. But Hibs always seem to have to do it the hard way. :aok:

fulshie
19-03-2017, 05:53 PM
The problem is, it's now in Morton's hands as well. If they win all their remaining games they'll win the league. These next two matches are crucial for us. We absolutely must take 6 points.Absolutely! :agree:

mcfly
19-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Our problem is we don't score enough goals.

Take Jason out the team and who scores?? Keatings/holt/graham have barely double figures between them all.

We should have strengthened the striker dept in January but we failed to do so.

We must up the pace and tempo next 2 games

Saturday was awful - worst of the season for me

Thankfully Dylan is back - we need him fit for the run in

greenlex
19-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Our problem is we don't score enough goals.

Take Jason out the team and who scores?? Keatings/holt/graham have barely double figures between them all.

We should have strengthened the striker dept in January but we failed to do so.

We must up the pace and tempo next 2 games

Saturday was awful - worst of the season for me

Thankfully Dylan is back - we need him fit for the run in we are second top scorers in the league behind Falkirk but there defence is far from good whilst ours is the best in the league by far.,The goal difference bears that out. The problem is we draw too many and not win enough games. It's as simple as that. Bleeding obvious but that's it.

Blaster
19-03-2017, 07:09 PM
"They have one game in hand in relation to us."

I'm not too sure what that means.

They've played two fewer games than us, that means they have two games in hand over us.

No they haven't

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 07:12 PM
No they haven't

it means we have played one game more than them so they have played one less. You must be looking at a table not updated after yesterday's late game.

No idea what you're both talking about.

greenlex
19-03-2017, 07:14 PM
No idea what you're both talking about.

😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 07:15 PM
"They have one game in hand in relation to us."

I'm not too sure what that means.

They've played two fewer games than us, that means they have two games in hand over us.

what are you on about :confused: we've played 28, they've played 27....i'l let you do the maths, therefore in relation to our games played we've played one more than them, they've played one less than us,...is that easier ?

majorhibs
19-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Horrible club with a loathsome manager. The new Airdrie for me.

Far too complementary to that little clown! Loathsome houston running loathsome Falkirk

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 08:16 PM
what are you on about :confused: we've played 28, they've played 27....i'l let you do the maths, therefore in relation to our games played we've played one more than them, they've played one less than us,...is that easier ?

I owe you an apology, I'm sorry. :aok::doh:

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 08:28 PM
I owe you an apology, I'm sorry. :aok::doh:

np's :greengrin no way was i failing with my maths this time

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 08:32 PM
np's :greengrin no way was i failing with my maths this time

Since I now know they've only got one game in hand over us and not two, I'm firmly in the "skoosh it" camp. They may as well hand us the trophy just now. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Since I now know they've only got one game in hand over us and not two, I'm firmly in the "skoosh it" camp. They may as well hand us the trophy just now. :greengrin

win both our home games within 4 days of each other and even i will become part of the skooshers camp, for the first time this season :agree:

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 08:54 PM
win both our home games within 4 days of each other and even i will become part of the skooshers camp, for the first time this season :agree:

Yep if we beat Falkirk and Morton then there will be no way back for either of them.

SirDavidsNapper
19-03-2017, 09:08 PM
According to some Jambos the league is in Mortons hands...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 09:11 PM
According to some Jambos the league is in Mortons hands...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It is.

If they win all of their remaining games, they'll win the league by at least two points.

It's also in our hands.

SirDavidsNapper
19-03-2017, 09:14 PM
It is.

If they win all of their remaining games, they'll win the league by at least two points.

It's also in our hands.

There's more chance of Herts winning a derby to be honest

superfurryhibby
19-03-2017, 09:23 PM

ONE Game in hand.

Draws against these teams are fine. They reduce the number of games left in which they can catch us. Avoid defeat against them and we will win the league.

cabbageandribs1875
19-03-2017, 09:23 PM
btw Dundee utd could also have a say in proceedings

they will be well aware of just how important it is to either finish 2nd, and if not 2nd then 3rd to at least get the 2nd game in the 1st play-off game at home(i know what i mean, i think) :greengrin

they've got a home game with falkirk and on the last day at Morton

SirDavidsNapper
19-03-2017, 09:27 PM
I think the league is very much in Hibs hands. If we were in Mortons position I'd be bricking it

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 09:33 PM
ONE Game in hand.

Draws against these teams are fine. They reduce the number of games left in which they can catch us. Avoid defeat against them and we will win the league.

Yeah I know they only have one game in hand. :greengrin

B.H.F.C
19-03-2017, 09:38 PM
I think the league is very much in Hibs hands. If we were in Mortons position I'd be bricking it

They've nothing to be nervous about. No expectation on them whatsoever.

If I was a Morton supporter I'd be buzzing that we still had a chance of winning the league at this stage of the season.

Liberal Hibby
20-03-2017, 11:03 AM
If we get anything less than six points against Falkirk and Morton, we are going to be involved in a real dogfight in our last 6 matches..

Two draws should do it.

--------
20-03-2017, 11:12 AM

My thoughts entirely, Jim. I don't know what it is, but there's a problem at ER and it's not going away. The truth is, right now I wouldn't back this team to win ANY of their remaining games. I don't mean, we won't pick up points between now and the end of May, but every game in that fixture list right now is a potential defeat.

I have the horrid feeling we're going to cock it all up yet again.

--------
20-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Yep if we beat Falkirk and Morton then there will be no way back for either of them.

The way we keep playing, that's a BIG if.

SirDavidsNapper
20-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Hibs seem to win the bigger games. I think we'll beat Falkirk and Morton. If we do that'll be that.