PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch

HibsNutter
18-03-2017, 06:47 PM
One of few positives from today was seeing this man back. Please let this be the time that he gets a consistent run in the team, free from injury.

mcfly
18-03-2017, 06:47 PM
👍👍👍

JimBHibees
18-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Good to see him back needs to play more often when fit

Mango Man
18-03-2017, 07:05 PM
We were much better when he came on, neat and tidy player, who seems to find himself in lots of space, got an eye for a killer pass.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 07:10 PM
If we could keep him fit it would be huge for us. He's different class.

Sadly that's easier said than done.

emerald green
18-03-2017, 07:12 PM
If McGeouch was fully fit today, why was he not on from the start instead of Bartley?

Roxyhibee
18-03-2017, 08:42 PM
If he was fully fit, he'd be our best player. Looked positive when he came on today. Please, please stay injury free..

gaz1875
18-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Done what no one else could do, threaded the ball through the defence. We have missed him massively this season.

CMurdoch
18-03-2017, 08:46 PM
If McGeouch was fully fit today, why was he not on from the start instead of Bartley?
Probably trying to save him for the Falkirk and Morton games given his fragility.
Was forced to bring him on after an hour due to lack of progress being made by his team mates.

Gaz
18-03-2017, 09:39 PM
If he had been fit all season the league would be finished

Hibeewilly
18-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Top top player who finds great space and seems to have loads of time on the ball. Hopefully his injuries are well behind him now. A class act. McGinn improved big time today after Dylan came on

Kaiserclem
18-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Dylan, when fully fit, is easily the best player we have IMO. Hopefully he can get a run of games going now and lead us to the title.

J-C
18-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Immediately the tempo went up when he came on, his first movement when he gets the ball is forward, would love to see him stay fit for a while.

jacomo
18-03-2017, 10:56 PM
If he had been fit all season the league would be finished

:agree:

lucky
18-03-2017, 11:02 PM
I think he's a good player but is made off glass. He's been the biggest let down this season. He needs to play more or moved on

My_Wife_Camille
19-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Best player at the club by some distance

neil7908
19-03-2017, 05:20 AM
We need to get him fit and in the team ASAP. Gives us real drive going forward.

DaveF
19-03-2017, 05:48 AM
I'm sure he'll tweak something between now and Saturday. Seems to be the way with him.

Skol
19-03-2017, 06:17 AM
If he was fully fit, he'd be our best player. Looked positive when he came on today. Please, please stay injury free..

There is a difference between being free from injury and fully fit. A huge difference.

Starting someone who is over the latest injury but short on physical fitness is a recipe for.....well a recipe for incurring yet another injury. I think that in part is why Dylan has so many problems as he is asking too much of his body before its

familyman
19-03-2017, 07:14 AM
There is a difference between being free from injury and fully fit. A huge difference.

Starting someone who is over the latest injury but short on physical fitness is a recipe for.....well a recipe for incurring yet another injury. I think that in part is why Dylan has so many problems as he is asking too much of his body before its
What a wonderful player he could be if only he could avoid injuries..His direct approach was missed for the whole of the first half when we were tactically inept.constantly playing across field passes and a very slow and deliberate pace allowing Dumbarton forever to set up their man for man places...

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 07:21 AM
If he can stay fit then he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Unfortunately that's a big if.

KeithTheHibby
19-03-2017, 07:22 AM
He makes such a difference to this team, fingers crossed he gets a run of games because our midfield is transformed when he plays.

superfurryhibby
19-03-2017, 07:44 AM
I think he's a good player but is made off glass. He's been the biggest let down this season. He needs to play more or moved on

.He has a chronic injury issue. He is under contract for another year and players are not cattle that you dispose of when afflicted. He is more deserving of sympathy than putting the boot in.

lucky
19-03-2017, 08:48 AM
.He has a chronic injury issue. He is under contract for another year and players are not cattle that you dispose of when afflicted. He is more deserving of sympathy than putting the boot in.

I'm aware how contracts work but thousands of players are moved on under contract ever year. What is his chronic injury issue?

Big L
19-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Pelvic problem I believe!

19-03-2017, 09:18 AM
One of the best players in the team when he is fully fit. Praying he can stay injury free as he will be a big players for us in the run in from now till the end of the season.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Great player who's unfortunately never fully fit. I know he has a contract, but there does have to come a time where a decision on whether he can really be relied on has to be taken.

I think he's in the last chance saloon, and unless he stays fit, Lennon will look to offload him in the summer.

And as much as i like him as a player, i couldn't really argue against it.

BSEJVT
19-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Whether he is physically injured or not to the extent that it its sufficient to prevent / hamper his playing, he clearly he thinks he is and that is the problem.

This isn't intended to be derogatory towards Dylan, that's just how these things work if you are of such a mindset and sport is littered with folk always feeling an injury that prevents them playing that others play through

A few minutes after he came on he was doing the stretching stuff and at one point I thought he would be going back off.

Sad to say as he is IMO our best player but I doubt Lennon feels he can trust him to remain fit and playing him on the limited occasions he is fit at someone else's expense completely destroys that individual's confidence.

I have my doubts football will ever see Dylan play a run of 6 or 7 games like we need him to do now let alone 30 games a season, regardless of the level he plays at.

I hope he can overcome this injury conundrum as there is without doubt a great player in there.

emerald green
19-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Probably trying to save him for the Falkirk and Morton games given his fragility.
Was forced to bring him on after an hour due to lack of progress being made by his team mates.

Possibly that was the case, but I would have liked to have seen McGeouch on from the start, try to get the game won and then take him off after an hour or so. That went down the toilet after Bartley's rash challenge.

Instead, Lennon had to bring him on when Hibs were trying to retrieve a game they might well have lost.

Ronniekirk
19-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Possibly that was the case, but I would have liked to have seen McGeouch on from the start, try to get the game won and then take him off after an hour or so. That went down the toilet after Bartley's rash challenge.

Instead, Lennon had to bring him on when Hibs were trying to retrieve a game they might well have lost.

He has been out for a while and broken down on several occasions during his rehab so think a Subs appearance was sensible and see how he goes in Training and then more game time v Falkirk
The Falkirk game may not be the right one to play the whole game given how physical they will make it
Dylan will know when he is able mentally and physically to play a full game and would rather we give him every chance to make a contribution in the run in
But no sense at this stage in rushing him snd he breaks down again and Season over
If he cant come back this time and play five or six games in a row then clearly the Club would have a decision to make
He seems to have tried all the medical options to fix it and it was then supposed to be about how the back up team manage his training and when he needs rested but he hasn't managed to get to that point
Gutted for him and hoping we see the best of him before end of Season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banchoryhibs
19-03-2017, 01:59 PM
He made such a difference yesterday, He threaded passes forward and not sideways like most others. I felt that we pressed Dumbarton much more effectively when he was on the pitch and pressurised them into mistakes.

Why can't we start at tempo every week?

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-03-2017, 02:44 PM

But the brutal facts are that we can't carry luxury players. We don't have the resources to do that. If you take your argument on then Farid would still be on our books and still two weeks away from being match fit.

HibsNutter
19-03-2017, 02:46 PM
But the brutal facts are that we can't carry luxury players. We don't have the resources to do that. If you take your argument on then Farid would still be on our books and still two weeks away from being match fit.

Farid didn't drastically improve our team when he was fit, though.

Ronniekirk
19-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Farid didn't drastically improve our team when he was fit, though.

The Hearts game at Easter road where he scored and was man of the Match was one game wherehe did exactly that

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/8064aedef3589544a8cd0579cddd5fc2.jpg
And here he is in the middle of the celebrations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
19-03-2017, 04:09 PM

Eh, Farid was out of contract.

Edit: classic cross purposes here. Big difference Farid keft when his contract expired. Mc Geouch has another year left, savvy?

majorhibs
19-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Dylan, when fully fit, is easily the best player we have IMO. Hopefully he can get a run of games going now and lead us to the title.

Subject to opinion, I rate his footballing skills very highly, but no way with what he has contributed last year odds, is he a better player for Hibs than McGinn or Cummings who actually contribute to the team almost all the time.

edwards
19-03-2017, 09:35 PM
What a player the difference was there for everyone to see once he came on, his movement and passing are second to none, he was doing everything the rest of the team weren't, wrap him in cotton wool Neil don't let anyone near him and let him train when the players are playing a game.

Criswell
19-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Certainly looks a class act when he plays. He reminds of Michael Owen (fitness wise I stress) who also never seemed able to play for an extended period before breaking down with an injury. He was a great talent which must have been so frustrating for him and his clubs. Really hope Dylan fulfills his potential.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Eh, Farid was out of contract.

Edit: classic cross purposes here. Big difference Farid keft when his contract expired. Mc Geouch has another year left, savvy?

Dylan is real quality but what is the point in having to catch the bus to work because your Porsche is always in the garage being repaired. If he was fit week in week out it would be the right thing to build the team around his talents but it is fair comment that he is a gamble that hasn't quite paid off. My point is that when it comes to resources we don't have the money to pay for players who who have fitness issues. Not that I know all the issues but I am guessing that his injury problems are a continuation of the ones he had when he signed?

cmcd
20-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Subject to opinion, I rate his footballing skills very highly, but no way with what he has contributed last year odds, is he a better player for Hibs than McGinn or Cummings who actually contribute to the team almost all the time.

You can't possibly compare Dylan to Jason . Dylan is a football player Jason is a goal scorer

ancient hibee
20-03-2017, 10:32 AM
You can't possibly compare Dylan to Jason . Dylan is a football player Jason is a goal scorer
Or to put it another way,Jason is the reason we are top of the league,Dylan isn't.

We should now take a risk with Dylan and start him in every game.If he breaks down we're no worse off.

Elephant Stone
20-03-2017, 10:42 AM

Cummings is a football player as well. He reads the game as well as any of the strikers we've produced and I would say with the exception of possibly Riordan (for now at least) he is as good a finisher as any of them too. He knows where he needs to be to score goals and that is a very special quality. Think a lot of folk won't appreciate Cummings properly until we lose him.

Smartie
20-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Cummings is a football player as well. He reads the game as well as any of the strikers we've produced and I would say with the exception of possibly Riordan (for now at least) he is as good a finisher as any of them too. He knows where he needs to be to score goals and that is a very special quality. Think a lot of folk won't appreciate Cummings properly until we lose him.

Jason's also getting better every year.

Or this season he appears to be getting better every month.

JDHibs
20-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Offered 3 things instantly when he came on, tempo, drive and a killer pass.

Top player, id play him and McGinn in our current formation, McGeouch can sit back and dictate and McGinn can move around freely.

superfurryhibby
20-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Dylan is real quality but what is the point in having to catch the bus to work because your Porsche is always in the garage being repaired. If he was fit week in week out it would be the right thing to build the team around his talents but it is fair comment that he is a gamble that hasn't quite paid off. My point is that when it comes to resources we don't have the money to pay for players who who have fitness issues. Not that I know all the issues but I am guessing that his injury problems are a continuation of the ones he had when he signed?

No disagreement there.

My post, which you responded to with the El Alagui comparison, was directed to someone else who forgot that Dylan has a year on his contract. We can't just cut him loose.

It's a real shame because he is such a talented player. Lets hope for Dylan and for Hibs that he is able to contribute over the next wee while. He could make a big difference.

Sammy7nil
21-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Don't disagree but Sparky might :wink: