PDA

View Full Version : As someone who didn't suffer the game today

RIP
18-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Stretched our lead by 1 point over 2 rivals - Falkirk and Dundee United. Morton gained on us by 2 points but they are still 7 points behind.

Could have been better but also could have been worse? Since we started our bad run it seems that neither Falkirk nor Dundee United have been able to capitalise.

Still gutted we have to suffer the post Christmas slump every season. Should have been well clear by now.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-03-2017, 07:09 PM
It's another 2 points dropped at home however you look at it.

Jones28
18-03-2017, 07:10 PM
It's 2 points dropped at home. Against Dumbarton. It's not enough.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:13 PM
It's in Morton's own hands now

No its not. Its most definitely in our hands.

SaulGoodman
18-03-2017, 07:14 PM
It's in Morton's own hands now

Eh

Jones28
18-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Oh boy, here he is 😂😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2017, 07:17 PM
lol@ in mortons own hands now

X twice

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 07:18 PM
😂 Eh?

If Morton win all their games and we win ours apart from Morton we would be champions no??

RoYO!
18-03-2017, 07:19 PM

Do Morton not play us twice? And could be 4 points behind if they win their game in hand. Think that's what in their own hands means?

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Its in our own hands AND also Morton's. Let's just say, Morton will fancy their chances

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Do Morton not play us twice? And could be 4 points behind if they win their game in hand. Think that's what in their own hands means?

Morton are never winning all remaining games though.

Nakedmanoncrack
😂 Eh?

If Morton win all their games and we win ours apart from Morton we would be champions no??

No.

BoomtownHibees
If Morton win all their remaining games then they win the league. In their own hands??

Same as Hibs no??

B.H.F.C
lol@ in mortons own hands now

X twice

If Morton win all their games they win the league. So it is in their hands.

RoYO!
18-03-2017, 07:21 PM

But it could be classed as "in their own hands" doesn't mean it's likely :P

hibs0666
The game is gone time to move on.

BoomtownHibees

Are we?

B.H.F.C

Neither will we though.

Thecat23
No.

So we play Morton twice? No way we losing two games to them.

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Are we?

Now that's the million dollar question. I think all the top 4 sides will drop points before the end of the season. That's why we won't lose top spot.

Santa Cruz
18-03-2017, 07:23 PM

I would hope not

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Neither will we though.

We prob won't but either will anyone else. So league is ours!

B.H.F.C

We won't win through there and we've been unable to beat some pishy part time teams at ER. We're in a scrap now.

Heisenberg

I wouldn't be so sure. We've won four games this year.

Thecat23
We won't win through there and we've been unable to beat some pishy part time teams at ER. We're in a scrap now.

I don't agree, I think a draw through there and we will win at ER.

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Oh boy, here he is 😂😂😂

Oopsies

Thecat23
I wouldn't be so sure. We've won four games this year.

True, but when it's mattered we usually turn up.

greenlex
If Morton win all their remaining games then they win the league. In their own hands??

Same as Hibs no?? Technically yes but thats sretching it. Hibs dont need to win every game and with two games against each other can you honestly see Hibs losing both and Morton winning every other game too? Very much in Hibs hands.

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Right let's just put it out there. Who thinks we WONT finish top then?

silverhibee
18-03-2017, 07:27 PM

:agree:

It's ours to throw away, wee worry is that we are the big scalp in this league and every team wants to do well against us, and at home i feel our opponents try that we bit harder to get the 1st goal then sit in and park the bus which is a risk as we leave our self at the risk of a counter attack.

Morton, no pressure on them, they are having a great season so far and going about there business quietly and getting good results and there home form is very good at Cappielow, we have to keep a eye on them as they will be the team that may cause us a problem, forget Falkirk and Dundee Utd, it's gone for them, but Morton are hanging in there, gripping stuff. :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Technically yes but thats sretching it. Hibs dont need to win every game and with two games against each other can you honestly see Hibs losing both and Morton winning every other game too? Very much in Hibs hands.

I can see them beating us through there and when you consider our home form.......

Still fancy us to win it but it should have been a lot more comfortable than what it has been

B.H.F.C
18-03-2017, 07:28 PM

The bravado is fine. But our form is dire. There shouldn't be a title challenge. It should be miles out of sight. But it's not and we are giving thise chasing us encouragement.

greenlex
:agree:

It's ours to throw away, wee worry is that we are the big scalp in this league and every team wants to do well against us, and at home i feel our opponents try that we bit harder to get the 1st goal then sit in and park the bus which is a risk as we leave our self at the risk of a counter attack.

Morton, no pressure on them, they are having a great season so far and going about there business quietly and getting good results and there home form is very good at Cappielow, we have to keep a eye on them as they will be the team that may cause us a problem, forget Falkirk and Dundee Utd, it's gone for them, but Morton are hanging in there, gripping stuff. :greengrin
Im almost out of popcorn. Ill need to stock up :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
If Morton win all their games they win the league. So it is in their hands.

and the same goes for us, lets at least show some positivity, it's still in OUR hands and ours to give away :flag:

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:29 PM
The bravado is fine. But our form is dire. There shouldn't be a title challenge. It should be miles out of sight. But it's not and we are giving thise chasing us encouragement.
Our form isnt great for sure but it is not dire.

Santa Cruz
18-03-2017, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't forget Falkirk, if they beat us next week they're back in it

Thecat23

It's frustrating that's for sure, it's all about getting up, that's all I've heard from every fan since the drop. So if it's last day I don't care long as we do it and we will.

BoomtownHibees

4 wins this year in this league could well be classed as "dire"

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2017, 07:31 PM

In a way Morton's win makes our task more difficult, as it really is last orders for them next week.

B.H.F.C
18-03-2017, 07:31 PM
and the same goes for us, lets at least show some positivity, it's still in OUR hands and ours to give away :flag:

Of course it is. I've never said any different. But the fact another team, especially one managed by Jim Duffy, can say the same at this stage of the season is cause concern. Our form is abysmal.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:32 PM
I can see them beating us through there and when you consider our home form.......

Still fancy us to win it but it should have been a lot more comfortable than what it has been
We should have it about won by now but for our home form. We obviously have far too many draws at ER but we are not geting beat much home or away full stop. It will take a massive downturn in form and results for us to blow it with 8 games left. Cheer up.

B.H.F.C
18-03-2017, 07:32 PM

Drawing at home to Ayr, Dunfermline and Dumbarton. Losing to St Mirren. You don't think that's dire?

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 07:34 PM
We should have it about won by now but for our home form. We obviously have far too many draws at ER but we are not geting beat much home or away full stop. It will take a massive downturn in form and results for us to blow it with 8 games left. Cheer up.

I'm cheery enough thanks 😁

We will win the league however would prefer it to be wrapped up before the semi. Need to beat Morton twice to do that which I'm no sure we will

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Of course it is. I've never said any different. But the fact another team, especially one managed by Jim Duffy, can say the same at this stage of the season is cause concern. Our form is abysmal.

so we can agree on

Negatively speaking *it's in Morton's hands

positively speaking it's in Hibs's hands

*but it's no really :) can't argue with the bit in bold

BH Hibs
18-03-2017, 07:38 PM
**** me here we go again. Morton have now replaced Dundee Utd as the new galacticos on here. Remember they were gone my to sweep all before them. Ok today was bad but there's no doubt in my mind that we can take at least 4 points off Morton when we play them.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:39 PM
4 wins this year in this league could well be classed as "dire" Would it surprise you to learn that in the form league for the leagues last six home games we sit third and top thelast six away version? Calm down.

Santa Cruz
18-03-2017, 07:41 PM
so we can agree on

Negatively speaking *it's in Morton's hands

positively speaking it's in Hibs's hands

*but it's no really :) can't argue with the bit in bold

It is in Morton's hands though. They don't have to rely on anyone else doing them any favours.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Drawing at home to Ayr, Dunfermline and Dumbarton. Losing to St Mirren. You don't think that's dire? Last six home games the form leauge shows us third. Last six away games sees us top, Dire ? Not in the context of the league it isnt.

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Would it surprise you to learn that in the form league for the leagues last six home games we sit third and top thelast six away version? Calm down.

Happy days

B.H.F.C
18-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Last six home games the form leauge shows us third. Last six away games sees us top, Dire ? Not in the context of the league it isnt.

You have a different idea to me about what is good. We've won one league game in six. Against absolute pish. That is dire as far as I'm concerned.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Happy days
Im done. Carry on with the misery and bed wetting. We will win the league and take care of Morton on the way.

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Im done. Carry on with the misery and bed wetting. We will win the league and take care of Morton on the way.

I've never disputed we will win the league.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:50 PM
You have a different idea to me about what is good. We've won one league game in six. Against absolute pish. That is dire as far as I'm concerned. If you think that being unbeaten in that time despite some poor performances is dire you obviously havent followed Hibs too long. Never said it was good its plainly not but it is not dire. We have had dire runs in many more seasons than this one. Once again Im done.

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Not really they have played a game more...even a win next week and they are still struggling imo...deffo between us and morton now for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2017, 07:54 PM
**** me here we go again. Morton have now replaced Dundee Utd as the new galacticos on here. Remember they were gone my to sweep all before them. Ok today was bad but there's no doubt in my mind that we can take at least 4 points off Morton when we play them.
Spot on mate...some unbelievable stuff on here tonight...yes today was bad but a massive overreaction from some

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
18-03-2017, 08:06 PM
True, but when it's mattered we usually turn up.

This remains in our hands, and I think we'll finish top but every game matters equally now (and has been since the start of the season) and the players are acting shambolically by not treating certain games (or rather not playing like they are) seriously enough.

B.H.F.C
18-03-2017, 08:10 PM
If you think that being unbeaten in that time despite some poor performances is dire you obviously havent followed Hibs too long. Never said it was good its plainly not but it is not dire. We have had dire runs in many more seasons than this one. Once again Im done.

We've drawn with two teams in that time who are bloody part time. That is dire. And we aren't unbeaten, we lost to St Mirren who are bottom of the league.

silverhibee
18-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Im almost out of popcorn. Ill need to stock up :greengrin

http://www.fridgefanatic.com/benchmark/popcorn-machine/popcorn-machine-premiere-theater-popper-benchmark.jpg

:thumbsup:

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2017, 09:03 PM
The onus is on Morton and Falkirk to catch us if they want to win the league.

How are they going to set up when they play us? Can't go with 10 at the back like most teams do at ER or the best they'll get is a draw which suits us far more than them.

So they'll need to to come out a bit and attack which means more opportunities for us.

Or do they decide that it's 2nd place they're playing for and try and avoid defeat instead?

Either way, it plays into our hands.

Crab apple
18-03-2017, 09:04 PM

I agree with you. Our problems this season are too many draws. We don't lose many.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 09:32 PM
http://www.fridgefanatic.com/benchmark/popcorn-machine/popcorn-machine-premiere-theater-popper-benchmark.jpg

:thumbsup: :greengrin:thumbsup:

Jones28
18-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Oopsies

Will you cheer up ffs?

CMurdoch
18-03-2017, 11:37 PM
A draw against Falkirk and a win against Morton would finish both off.

BoomtownHibees
19-03-2017, 02:19 AM
Will you cheer up ffs?

Yes I will. Since you said so 😘