PDA

View Full Version : Rocky and 2nd goal

thebakerboy
18-03-2017, 05:42 PM
What was Rocky doing at their 2nd goal , seemed to be standing at corner of six yard box and Dumbarton player had no keeper between him and goal line , open goal WTF. Normally find him most reliable and hope this is just a one off mistake.

O'Rourke3
18-03-2017, 05:45 PM
He was well beaten by an excellent finish. Nothing wrong with the set up.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I agree and surprised to see so many say he had no chance.

Didn't move at all from when the initial header was lost and was at least 5 or 6 yards out of postion. Think he just lost his bearings as when the guy shaped to shoot he tried to get his feet moving but had far too much ground to make up. He took about 3 steps when the shot was hit and got nowhere near it which suggests his positioning was well out.

Hibernianinc
18-03-2017, 05:47 PM
What was Rocky doing at their 2nd goal , seemed to be standing at corner of six yard box and Dumbarton player had no keeper between him and goal line , open goal WTF. Normally find him most reliable and hope this is just a one off mistake.

Nope, was sitting right behind it. Was an excellent finish into the side netting from a fair bit out. Boy will probably never score another as good, nothing the goalie could do.

However, marking for the scorer was rubbish. Punt, win header (nade) goal.

That's what's poor.

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Big Efe gave Rocky a bit of stick after the goal

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Gray just let him walk away from him and shoot. Honking defending and the keeper (rightly) wasn't expecting such a free shot from there.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Gray just let him walk away from him and shoot. Honking defending and the keeper (rightly) wasn't expecting such a free shot from there.

The guy had been limping about just before. I think Gray got complacent and thought he could give him a couple of yards. Very poor from him.

wookie70
18-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Interested to see it again as I thought it was a well hit shot right in the corner and I was looking to Gray, Ambrose and McGregor for whose fault it was.

Yuillsy
18-03-2017, 06:08 PM
From the FF it looked like the guy couldn't miss. Difficult to tell distances from lower down but Rocky definitely looked to be out of position and the the guy placed it well into the corner.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thebakerboy
18-03-2017, 06:10 PM
Yes it was a well hit shot but if the keepers position had been better he might have stopped it but never from where he was and I was right behind it in the FF Upper. Dont disagree about other bad defending but still think it was Goal Keeper error mainly.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Gray should have been closer to the boy. Great finish to be fair. Rockys position Ive no idea but it was going nowhere else but in the net.

lucky
18-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Rockys positioning was suspect but so was the defending

Brooster
18-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Ambrose shouldve made fatty work harder for the flick on. The scorer shouldve been closed down quicker and Marciano went down like a bag of feathers. It summed our day up......nowhere near good enough.

speedy_gonzales
18-03-2017, 06:50 PM
The guy had been limping about just before. I think Gray got complacent and thought he could give him a couple of yards. Very poor from him.
Gray did seem to have a word with the referee after the goal and pointed over towards the East just in front of section 40 where their #10 was down on his haunches for a bit whilst signalling to his bench,,,, this was after he was laid out in our 18 yard box.
It did seem rather unsportsmanlike but at the end of the day, Gray had a simple job to do but didn't.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Rockys positioning was suspect but so was the defending
Just watchied it on Youtube. Rocky was in the middle of the goal. Not winning the header was poor and Gray was sleeping but the boy struck it well and I doubt there would be many keepers if any get that.

R'Albin
19-03-2017, 01:31 PM
He's a great keeper but his positioning is suspect at times.

It's cost us a few goals in recent times. First goal at St Mirren away, second at Dunfy at home and yesterday spring to mind. Not howlers but if he had been positioned correctly then he could have saved them.

Allant1981
19-03-2017, 01:48 PM
He's a great keeper but his positioning is suspect at times.

It's cost us a few goals in recent times. First goal at St Mirren away, second at Dunfy at home and yesterday spring to mind. Not howlers but if he had been positioned correctly then he could have saved them.

sorry but there was nothing wrong with his positioning yesterday, the guy hit it early and with a bit of pace, sometimes you just need to give credit where its due

banchoryhibs
19-03-2017, 01:52 PM
To be honest I don't know about his positioning at their goal but at one point he was almost standing on the edge of the centre circle when we had a corner. Just a tad too far forward for my liking.

R'Albin
19-03-2017, 03:14 PM
sorry but there was nothing wrong with his positioning yesterday, the guy hit it early and with a bit of pace, sometimes you just need to give credit where its due

It was a good finish but I think if Marciano, with his reflexes, were in the correct position he would have saved it. As accurate as the shot was it wasn't very powerful.

greenlex
19-03-2017, 03:19 PM
It was a good finish but I think if Marciano, with his reflexes, were in the correct position he would have saved it. As accurate as the shot was it wasn't very powerful. Where should he have been? He was in the middle of his goal and the boy hit it from about 25 yards. Hes not expecting the boy to take it early from there and is surely expecting better from Gray?

Allant1981
19-03-2017, 03:25 PM
It was a good finish but I think if Marciano, with his reflexes, were in the correct position he would have saved it. As accurate as the shot was it wasn't very powerful.

think we will agree to disagree as i dont think he had much chance with it, it was hit far to early for him to have set himself for the shot, i havent seen the highlights though so maybe talking rubbish!!

Man Down Under
20-03-2017, 07:58 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170320/bbcf98223b7c94178263fd391b2d0390.jpg
"He wasn't in the right position".

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

macca70
20-03-2017, 08:11 AM
From what I could see,

For whatever reason, he was over to side of his goals, not sure if he expected the ball to come through or if he maybe shouted to the defenders to let it come through.

He then had a panic to get back in position as the Dumbarton player was about to shoot. He makes a decent enough effort but I reckon he was caught out a little.

It was some finish though.

JDHibs
20-03-2017, 08:16 AM
The shot caught him off guard. Nobody was expecting that lad to fire that into the bottom corner.

Was an excellent finish.

JimBHibees
20-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Where should he have been? He was in the middle of his goal and the boy hit it from about 25 yards. Hes not expecting the boy to take it early from there and is surely expecting better from Gray?

Totally agree given the ball was played to the left of our defence he should have been initially on the left side of his goal then working his way over, losing the header and Gray being caught out of position plus an amazing finish meant IMO he had little chance to save it.

flash
20-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Highlights show he had absolutely no chance and wasn't out of position either.

JimBHibees
20-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Highlights show he had absolutely no chance and wasn't out of position either.

Agreed. :agree:

Mainstandman
20-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Agreed. :agree:
I was right behind the shot ( sit in west lower). No chance he'd have got it, right in the corner at speed it was

cmcd
20-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Ambrose shouldve made fatty work harder for the flick on. The scorer shouldve been closed down quicker and Marciano went down like a bag of feathers. It summed our day up......nowhere near good enough.

Went down like a bag of feathers .I don't think so . He was at full stretch but couldn't get near it

lucky
20-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Just watchied it on Youtube. Rocky was in the middle of the goal. Not winning the header was poor and Gray was sleeping but the boy struck it well and I doubt there would be many keepers if any get that.

Having seen it back again and your correct it was all Grays fault but the boy hit the shot well.

where'stheslope
20-03-2017, 06:43 PM
I said on another thread, this goal type is our Achilles heal!

The header on from a punt and the receiving player knew he had no time to control, so hit it first time and it was on target!

It all boils down to defenders switching off, and opposing players knowing that they will only get a few chances, so go for it before the defender tries to make a challenge.

The defense is not learning from their mistakes, they have a great goals against record, but these mistakes are costing points and must be eradicated quick or the season will go right to the wire!!!!