PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Extremely poor today, away at St Mirren and home to Dunfermline. He'll always be a legend but his form has been honking recently and we should be looking to replace him if we get promoted.

We have lost too many goals from his side this season and it is really beginning to cost us.

eastcoasthibby
18-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Extremely poor today, away at St Mirren and home to Dunfermline. He'll always be a legend but his form has been honking recently and we should be looking to replace him if we get promoted.

We have lost too many goals from his side this season and it is really beginning to cost us.

I totally agree has done very little this season and looks absolutely done most games, work rate not half of what it was ...think he might struggle for a game next season if we get up .!!!

we are hibs
18-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Sorry but it's utter nonsense to doubt his work rate. He gives his all and works his arse off. Don't understand how anyone can question that. However, he's been very poor this season.

Tamhere1875
18-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Any other player would have been slaughtered by the supporters.

Shanksaidno
18-03-2017, 08:15 PM

David gray, hibee legend, David gray, hibee legend, David gray, hibee legend.. Gives his all... Hands off!

c31
18-03-2017, 09:20 PM
He had a hamstring injury today, saw him struggling and then signaled the bench and went off...

Ilovehibs
18-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Certainly has not been at his best but never hides and never gives anything but his best.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Certainly has not been at his best but never hides and never gives anything but his best.He has had a rock solid defence leaking goals from that side in the past month. He needs to get his head straight or we're in trouble.

Ilovehibs
18-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Hence I said he has certainly not been at his best.

pacorosssco
18-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Steve whhh ita ker likely available in the summer to spl side.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-03-2017, 12:18 AM

Good old Scottish mentality.

pacorosssco
19-03-2017, 12:36 AM
David Gray best rb since whitty and tries best. We forget dross came inbetween never mind cup final. Hibs need players who hang around and then can suppliment youth if good enough and try add a gem if poss. We need 4-5 david grays in 11 to have stability not change 11 every season. If was every game MOM wouldnt be Hibs very long

Forza Fred
19-03-2017, 12:44 AM
"Big" teams have a programme of succession planning in place for players starting to regress through fitness/age etc as good servants as they may have been, they need to be replaced, especially if promotion is on the horizon.

I reckon if, and it is an if, we go up, to finish in the top six, there is a fair amount of succession required.

pacorosssco
19-03-2017, 12:47 AM
"Big" teams have a programme of succession planning in place for players starting to regress through fitness/age etc as good servants as they may have been, they need to be replaced, especially if promotion is on the horizon.

I reckon if, and it is an if, we go up, to finish in the top six, there is a fair amount of succession required.

Lennon will clear decks for sure and gray could be one who is moved on but we need keep some kind of core

Johnny_Leith
19-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Get rid of Sir David Gray???

Honestly? A legend. A Scottish cup winning legend.

He is exactly the sort of person i want at hibs, complete professional, good player and totally committed to our cause.

Yes, his form recently hasn't been his strongest patch but is that enough to want him released?

Gray's been a good player for us for 3 years, pops up with odd important goal! And i would hope we retain him.

eastcoasthibby
19-03-2017, 06:27 AM

He is exactly the sort of person i want at hibs, complete professional, good player and totally committed to our cause.

Yes, his form recently hasn't been his strongest patch but is that enough to want him released?

Gray's been a good player for us for 3 years, pops up with odd important goal! And i would hope we retain him.
I agree with professionalism, but as has been noted by a few , his form for most of the season hasn't been great and in what I have seen his work rate isn't near what we have seen in previous seasons ..and he is getting g caught out by more direct play against him ! I watch him from the East most second half s and how often he is in space and doesn't ask for it , walks about off the play and when it certainly looks like he is an option ...any how he has served us well, but we need some big cup final performances from him in the run in ..he is our captain and leader !!!!!

J-C
19-03-2017, 06:35 AM
He is probably in need of a rest, he needs to regroup physically and mentally, he's only 28 ffs. Hopefully the International break will help with that.

lucky
19-03-2017, 06:52 AM
He is probably in need of a rest, he needs to regroup physically and mentally, he's only 28 ffs. Hopefully the International break will help with that.

How will the international break help? We play on Saturday then Wednesday. SDG tries hard and is a Hibs legend but he's a limited footballer and will need replacing for next season

J-C
19-03-2017, 07:11 AM
How will the international break help? We play on Saturday then Wednesday. SDG tries hard and is a Hibs legend but he's a limited footballer and will need replacing for next season

Oh yea, early morning brain freeze, forgot we don't get a break :greengrin

Still feel he needs a break both mentally and physically, this is when a back up is really needed, maybe give Forster a game.

BlackSheep
19-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Ambrose could also slot in at right back, once Hanlon is back or if Forster gets a run at CB

Big_Franck
19-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Lennon should have signed both a right back and left back last summer. Gray was poor in a number of games in the second half of last season. Will always be a legend for not only his goal but his performance in the final. However, he's one of many players that often performs poorly against the smaller teams and to do well in the Premiership we'll need better.

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Lennon should have signed both a right back and left back last summer. Gray was poor in a number of games in the second half of last season. Will always be a legend for not only his goal but his performance in the final. However, he's one of many players that often performs poorly against the smaller teams and to do well in the Premiership we'll need better.Left back is the least of our problem, Stevenson has been in Brilliant form since we beat United in Jan.

bookert
19-03-2017, 09:54 AM

This absolutely

Northernhibee
19-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Sorry, but David Gray is a very good player. He deserves to be a part of our top flight team. His form hasn't been the best as of late but he's a very competent player.

makaveli1875
19-03-2017, 09:59 AM
david gray is more than just our right back , he's our captain and i dont see much leadership from him when things are going tits up

S4uzee
19-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Might be just me but can't believe what I'm reading on this thread

sleeping giant
19-03-2017, 10:04 AM
What a ***** thread

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2017, 10:07 AM
What a ***** threadReally? Is what I've said wrong?

We are shipping goals from his mistakes in the last month, he needs to sort himself out big time. If he is such a great leader he needs to lead by example when he need him most. He done it in May and he needs to do it again now.

The Green Goblin
19-03-2017, 10:22 AM

:agree:...

"slaughtered" :rolleyes: posts saying get rid of him etc. utterly pathetic. I really hope my nose is telling me something here, and this is not all coming from Hibs fans. By all means criticise if you have to, but at least do it constructively or fairly.

This will be the same David Gray who captained us to the Scottish Cup and who, up until the last few weeks, was a constant part of a defence with the best record in European football this season.

Aye, let's use him to get promoted then kick him oot. I despair sometimes. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
19-03-2017, 10:27 AM
He's definitely not been right in recent weeks. He looked absolutely gassed yesterday and I was surprised he stayed on as long as he did. He was caught napping at the 2nd goal and I think it was because the player he was marking, who scored, had been limping about a minute or so before. He switched off and paid the price.

In saying all that he has been consistently good for us for much of the last 3 seasons and deserves the chance to turn his form around. A wee spell on the bench wouldn't shock me though nor would I think it was the wrong decision.

BullsCloseHibs
19-03-2017, 10:28 AM
He will always be God, but, unfortunately, he is probably one of several current players who will not take us to the 'next level'.

18Hibee75
19-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Form is temporarily, class is permanent

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

emerald green
19-03-2017, 10:59 AM
I would be very reluctant to ever criticise a Hibs Scottish Cup winning captain. I like David Gray as a player, and I like his attitude. There are others I would single out for criticism before DG.

Is he carrying an injury maybe?

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2017, 11:12 AM
:agree:...

"slaughtered" :rolleyes: posts saying get rid of him etc. utterly pathetic. I really hope my nose is telling me something here, and this is not all coming from Hibs fans. By all means criticise if you have to, but at least do it constructively or fairly.

This will be the same David Gray who captained us to the Scottish Cup and who, up until the last few weeks, was a constant part of a defence with the best record in European football this season.

Aye, let's use him to get promoted then kick him oot. I despair sometimes. :rolleyes:

I don't want to get rid of any of our Scottish cup winning players, certainly not David Gray, but it is impossible to deny he hasn't been anywhere near good enough recently and it is costing us points. Normally I'd be fine to let him find form again but the next 8 games are some of the most important in our history, we cannot afford another season in this division.

Gray needs to lead this team to promotion, not cost them promotion.

P.S. I've been to every single league game home and away this season and supported the team in every single one. I am not someone to make threads like this and I absolutely do not abuse players at games. Suggesting I am a yam is quite something.

Smartie
19-03-2017, 11:28 AM
This is his poorest run of form since he joined, no doubt about it.

But get rid? Seriously?

He needs to give himself a shake (and possibly shrug off any knocks he's taken or injuries he's picked up) then get back doing what he does best.

I actually remember him having a few shaky games around this time last year, but when the going REALLY got tough and we needed him most, he came good.

His is probably the position we've got least covering options for so he might just have to soldier on.

The Green Goblin
19-03-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't want to get rid of any of our Scottish cup winning players, certainly not David Gray, but it is impossible to deny he hasn't been anywhere near good enough recently and it is costing us points. Normally I'd be fine to let him find form again but the next 8 games are some of the most important in our history, we cannot afford another season in this division.

Gray needs to lead this team to promotion, not cost them promotion.

P.S. I've been to every single league game home and away this season and supported the team in every single one. I am not someone to make threads like this and I absolutely do not abuse players at games. Suggesting I am a yam is quite something.

That comment wasn't directed at you MWH. As I said, fair dos to criticise, as you did, but there was some silly stuff that followed from others that annoyed me. :aok:

Jones28
19-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Seeing their second goal again I think DG is culpable. He leaves so much space for the striker to get the shot away.