PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie

Enough said
18-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Where's all his lovers tonight??? Once again no heart no pace no desire

Billychaotic182
18-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Bit harsh tbh. He wasn't as bad as you are making out.

Super_JMcGinn
18-03-2017, 05:01 PM

What an idiotic statement and I bet you weren't even at the game. There was no single player at fault for that performance today and it was no worse than we have come o expect at ER this season.

18Hibee75
18-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Why do so many people hate shinnie? He's not spectacular but he's decent and he doesn't deserve the slagging he always seems to get

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
18-03-2017, 05:04 PM

Nonsense. Wasnt the worst on the pitch. Were you at the game? You sound like the clowns that sit behind me.

marinello59
18-03-2017, 05:04 PM

Happy days for you. After a few good games from him you can now start a thread not only laying in to him but also those of us who have the temerity to get behind our players. Sad stuff.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Whilst a player like McGinn can usually be expected to give you a 7/10 every week, today excepted, Shinnie can flit from an 8/10 to a 4/10 sometimes in the same game.

He's inconsistent and I think we just need to accept that for the moment.

RoscoHibby
18-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Games like today seem to show the worst of shinnie, i.e a game in which we dominate the ball and the opposition camp in deep. It's almost like he has too many options, and invariably takes too long to make a decision, and falls over the ball a few times.
Games like the Derby or when it's fast n furious he looks much better and shows his skill. Thot he was a bit unlucky to get subbed ahead of Keatings, who had a mare today. Even discounting the missed pen.

J-C
Whilst a player like McGinn can usually be expected to give you a 7/10 every week, today excepted, Shinnie can flit from an 8/10 to a 4/10 sometimes in the same game.

He's inconsistent and I think we just need to accept that for the moment.

This.

The reason he's on loan to us is his inconsistencycle, which makes watching him so frustrating.

makaveli1875
to say he has no heart is utter bollox , the guy always tries his heart out - doesnt always come off for him but he gets stuck in

Bob1875
18-03-2017, 05:08 PM

Your username is ****. Enough said.

cabbage_88
18-03-2017, 05:08 PM

Wasn't great today but definitely wasn't the worst, has been playing much better recently but was more like the shinnie for most of the season today. No need for a thread on him today though, as I said their were far worse players than him

Enough said
18-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Not missed a game all season lads been poor

lucky
18-03-2017, 05:10 PM
Shinnie wasn't great but who was. For me Keatings was the worst of a bad lot

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Fans like you we can do without...there were a lot worse than Shinnie today...Keatings for one was horrific and his missed pen cost us the match

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wookie70
18-03-2017, 05:18 PM
I like Shinnie but it wasn't his best day today. That being said he wasn't close to deserving a thread of his own compared to some. McGinn was poor today, Bartley poor, Gray terrible as was Keatings. The list could go on.

tamig
18-03-2017, 05:19 PM

What a load of pish.

Albanian Hibs
18-03-2017, 05:27 PM

Was he poor last week and the week before and against Hertz? Nope, away you go. No need to single him out.

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Im a lover and here tonight.
Some people are desperate to slate players.
Try supporting the team instead.

Mikey09
18-03-2017, 05:39 PM

What a rubbish post. You must be a right laugh on a night oot. :rolleyes:

Centre Hawf
18-03-2017, 05:44 PM
I can't disagree with the OP. He was hopeless today. Not the worst but thats not saying much. I really hope we don't keep him after his loan because he's just not consistent enough. No point playing a blinder when the TV Cameras show up and look unable to control a ball a week later.

frazeHFC
18-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Why do so many people hate shinnie? He's not spectacular but he's decent and he doesn't deserve the slagging he always seems to get

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I don't hate him I just think he's poor. Had some good games recently against Hearts, Ayr and Dundee United tbf but based on the full season he hasn't been good enough imo.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2017, 05:50 PM
I thought he was doing ok today. Surprised that he got subbed.

BSEJVT
18-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Shinnie is at the level he is at, not because of lack of ability but because he is very hot and cold and in some games neither looks for the ball or takes enough responsibility for making things happen and is happy to play sideways balls.

Unfortunately today was one of those

theonlywayisup
18-03-2017, 06:42 PM

Enough said! You're best ignored!

Can you give me examples of why you've picked on Shinnie? Or is this just a witch hunt against your favourite "hate" player.

As others have said, he was not our worst player on the pitch today.

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Shinnie is at the level he is at, not because of lack of ability but because he is very hot and cold and in some games neither looks for the ball or takes enough responsibility for making things happen and is happy to play sideways balls.

Spot on. Talented guy but inconsistent. But when hes good? He does things like creating the crucial first goal in derbies.

Winston Ingram
18-03-2017, 06:46 PM

Behave yourself. It wasn't his best game but he still wasn't bad. You must've been ragin at his performance last week?

mcfly
18-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Utter rubbish - were u there??

He was one who tried hard as did Marvin

What did keatings and holt do??

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Sick of this witch Hunt against shinnie by posters on here...until today he has been one of our best performers over the last month yet favourites like keatings, fyvie and Holt get such an easy ride off many on here. Keatings and Holt were pretty dreadful today and fyvie has been poor for weeks (granted he was suspended today). Yet shinnie who wasn't even close to being our worst today gets criticism every week from some

CMurdoch
18-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Shinnie doesn't take enough responsibility for making things happen and is happy to play sideways balls.

Has that not been true of all our midfielders, hence our inability to break down packed defences like today.

Ilovehibs
18-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Sick of this witch Hunt against shinnie by posters on here...until today he has been one of our best performers over the last month yet favourites like keatings, fyvie and Holt get such an easy ride off many on here. Keatings and Holt were pretty dreadful today and fyvie has been poor for weeks (granted he was suspended today). Yet shinnie who wasn't even close to being our worst today gets criticism every week from some

Have you read the thread on Keatings?

Valencia
18-03-2017, 10:35 PM
I like Shinnie but it wasn't his best day today. That being said he wasn't close to deserving a thread of his own compared to some. McGinn was poor today, Bartley poor, Gray terrible as was Keatings. The list could go on.
This post just sums it up for me

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Say what you like about relegation but it has certainly improved our standard of scapegoat.

Malonga, Fyvie, Holt, Shinnie are much better than some of the ones singled out in the past.

Mantis Toboggan
19-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Say what you like about relegation but it has certainly improved our standard of scapegoat.

Malonga, Fyvie, Holt, Shinnie are much better than some of the ones singled out in the past.

We love scapegoating actual good players.
See also Brian Hamilton.

DaveF
19-03-2017, 06:01 AM
I don't rate him but he gets credit for at least trying to drive forward - something our other midfielders rarely do.

He certainly wasn't the worst player on that park yesterday. Not even close.

BSEJVT
19-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Has that not been true of all our midfielders, hence our inability to break down packed defences like today.

Other than the selective quoting of my post, to an extent yes no question

However there is no planet on which Bartley is expected to create anything and the same could be said of Fyvie to a lesser extent and McGeouch has never been fit or played.

SJM (who has been not so super for most of this season) creates more but in a different style of play

When Shinnie plays he is expected to be the link between midfield and attack and his style of play requires a certain mental toughness to try things in the sure and certain knowledge that a high proportion of them will fail to come of.

His good games come when he takes up that challenge, his poorer games come when as was the case yesterday IMO, he did not.

He was by no means the worst yesterday, but is capable of so much better and is absolutely pivotal, in the absence of the route 1 stuff we resorted to yesterday (by necessity), in our creating chances.

The fact that he has undoubted ability, whereas some others do not, leads me at least to judging him more harshly.

gaz1875
19-03-2017, 09:08 AM
My biggest grievance is his constant want to run in to midfield instead of staying wide to receive the ball from Stevenson. Time after time Stevenson would get the ball from Rocky, run forward and instead of playing a quick ball when Shinnie is on the touch line (Stevensons fault), he delays and Shinnie is by this time heading into the congested midfield. Why can't Shinne stay wide and stretch the defence, they were doing this against DU last Friday fantastically, but today it was back to the same old same old. Equally why does Stevenson not play the pass quicker it drives me absolutely bonkers. You see it with Boyle on the right wing, however good or bad you thought he was yesterday, he never came inside until he received the ball stretching the defence, especially when DMc came on second half.

J-C
19-03-2017, 02:59 PM
My biggest grievance is his constant want to run in to midfield instead of staying wide to receive the ball from Stevenson. Time after time Stevenson would get the ball from Rocky, run forward and instead of playing a quick ball when Shinnie is on the touch line (Stevensons fault), he delays and Shinnie is by this time heading into the congested midfield. Why can't Shinne stay wide and stretch the defence, they were doing this against DU last Friday fantastically, but today it was back to the same old same old. Equally why does Stevenson not play the pass quicker it drives me absolutely bonkers. You see it with Boyle on the right wing, however good or bad you thought he was yesterday, he never came inside until he received the ball stretching the defence, especially when DMc came on second half.

Possibly because he was playing out of position, he's a centre mid/attacking mid, he's playing on the left to help out the team due to lack of bodies.

SRHibs
19-03-2017, 03:01 PM
I really like Shinnie and would be happy to see him back next season. Even when he was getting slated he was by far nowhere near the worst offender in our team, and even when he's not on his game, he always gives 100>.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-03-2017, 09:30 PM

This 'no heart' pish seems to be becoming a myth on here. Total nonsense. He's had his fair share of poor games this season, as almost our whole squad has but what's that got to do with the size of his heart? Not once has he backed out of a tackle or shown a lack of character.

majorhibs
19-03-2017, 09:47 PM
We love scapegoating actual good players.
See also Brian Hamilton.

Brian Hamilton was WORSE than terrible. Absolute waste of a jersey for many a season. That idiot in the evening news Hardie who bummed him up every week when he had YET another absolute howler, should get plenty stick too, evidently Hamilton was some sort of secret love child of Millers cos no matter how crap he was he always got a shirt the following week, but blind Hardie was mebbes his uncle or something! Anyway, on topic, if anyone thinks that around 6 Hibs players weren't stealing wages, then seeing different games to me. Players are NOT paid to hide or be inconsistent. Do it more often than not- please empty- Hibs did not have a good Saturday at all, rescuing a point at home against Dumbarton- & after recent games- seriously- under performers regularly i.e. Shinnie Holt Keatings Boyle Bartley do not deserve to remain. Letting everyone down when it's time to stand up? Exit door!

Ozyhibby
20-03-2017, 12:15 AM
The 'no heart' thing is nonsense. He works as hard as any of the others. The problem is he is just not producing. He was brought as an attacking midfielder who would chip in with a few goals as well. Over the season it has not worked and he should move on in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baader
20-03-2017, 12:21 AM
Embarrassing. Wonder if the boo boys were unhappy when he rattled in one against the Gorgie Mob?

Get behind the team or get lost.

B.H.F.C
20-03-2017, 07:16 AM
Embarrassing. Wonder if the boo boys were unhappy when he rattled in one against the Gorgie Mob?

Everybody was happy with him that night because he played well and got praised for it.

He's spent much of the rest of the season being pretty ineffective though, give or take the odd game.

Like most of the team there is a player there. Consistency is non existent though.

cmcd
20-03-2017, 05:55 PM

This.Some supporters are never happy unless they have a scapegoat. In my opinion Shinnie is a good player playing out of position.He is always looking to drive forward and that is no doubt one of the reasons he loses the ball now and again. As for Brian Hamilton he was appreciated by his fellow players but not some supporters . Says it all for me

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Sometimes Shinnie is a stick out performer. Real bit of quality. Other days he is abject . No rhyme nor reason to explain it. That can be extremely frustrating. Better ways to make that point rather than making it personal.

Slavoj Zizek
20-03-2017, 06:50 PM

This is one of the most insightful posts I have ever read on this site. :top marks

where'stheslope
20-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Most fans miss that the player getting caught in possession and sometimes falling over the ball, is the man working for the team.

The players they should be shouting at are the ones who are anonymous keeping themselves out of harms way and leaving others to get pelters for trying unsuccessfully to bring them into play.

All players have bad games, but some players hide in games, and as they do nothing wrong fans tend to think they did well?

cmcd
20-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Most fans miss that the player getting caught in possession and sometimes falling over the ball, is the man working for the team.

The players they should be shouting at are the ones who are anonymous keeping themselves out of harms way and leaving others to get pelters for trying unsuccessfully to bring them into play.

All players have bad games, but some players hide in games, and as they do nothing wrong fans tend to think they did well?

Definitely this

CorrieHibs
20-03-2017, 07:23 PM

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-03-2017, 07:26 PM
"Slippers" wasn't great on Saturday but nobody really was. I'm one of his harshest critics but that's purely because I know he has got ability. He's always showing for the ball and never stops running which I love but for a lad of his ability, he should be strolling this league a la Scott Allan.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2017, 07:46 PM
I love this new breed of fan who knows so much more than the rest of us these days, those who point out what we miss or how stupid we are if we don't rate someone and see the good that player does.

I'm leaning more about players these days just by logging on here. :rolleyes:

Centre Hawf
20-03-2017, 07:50 PM

That's all very noble and all but when you're witnessing someone fail to control a ball countless times and who cant pick a pass to create something against a part time mob then I really couldn't care how much he's working for the team. At this point I want results and although he isn't the only offender in the squad at the moment (this is a thread specifically on him) the fact of the matter is his loan with Hibernian is up at the end of the season and I would rather we looked elsewhere than retained him.

cmcd
20-03-2017, 09:52 PM
That's all very noble and all but when you're witnessing someone fail to control a ball countless times and who cant pick a pass to create something against a part time mob then I really couldn't care how much he's working for the team. At this point I want results and although he isn't the only offender in the squad at the moment (this is a thread specifically on him) the fact of the matter is his loan with Hibernian is up at the end of the season and I would rather we looked elsewhere than retained him.
Oh dear .Couldn't disagree more

majorhibs
20-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Oh dear .Couldn't disagree more

Elaborate how we should be chuffed wi that fighting display of pegging back Dumbarton at home when PLENTY players were anonymous again against a defensive part time team when WE really needed the points? I dinnae get it?

snooky
20-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Are there any players (other than one or two playing for Celtc) that stand out in Scottish football?
The general standard seems to have flatlined into mediocrity.
Oh for a Paddy or Alex Edwards (for example).

Centre Hawf
21-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Oh dear .Couldn't disagree more Thats fair. Footballs all about opinions. Fwiw I think there is a player somewhere in Andrew Shinnie. But its too inconsistent for me to want to sign him permanently.

hibbiedon
21-03-2017, 03:43 AM
Never understood this need for people to attack a player on social media, in what way does this benefit hibernian football club or does anyone think it may act as an incentive to the player or players who are publicly attacked. This is an honest question and if anyone can point out the benefit then I will stop supporting the players and start abusing them till then it's GGTTH from me

scoopyboy
21-03-2017, 06:59 AM

How many weeks have you been waiting to post this?

Albanian Hibs
21-03-2017, 07:25 AM
How many weeks have you been waiting to post this?

I know. It must have really pissed him off watching him play well the last few weeks 🙄

Speedy
21-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Shinnie makes mistakes but that's because he tries to be creative and get forward.

Sometimes it works for him but sometimes it doesn't. I think he'd look a much better player if there were others driving forward and taking the pressure off him.

Reaper
21-03-2017, 11:49 AM

I don't post much these days but I read a lot of well thought out posts and some drivel.

This (above) is spot on. I'm not saying I know everything about football, I don't but I do agree a lot of fans seems to miss the intricacies and look at the obvious. The performance on Saturday was poor as a whole and I'm finding it difficult to single out players like has been done in a few threads. What I mean by this is:

1. We moved the ball far too slowly throughout the whole team and have done so against these type of teams sitting in all season. The best way to break down teams parking the bus is using width and moving the ball at speed, working and stretching them until openings appear. We attempt to do this by passing across the back etc but it's the speed of the ball is too slow to be effective.

2. Singling players out is easy but seeing why mistakes are made takes considered thinking. Take Keatings, another thread refers to a poor performance. I get that as he didn't show his best but I counted 6 times he showed for the ball or dropped off the shoulder of the defender on the right but the ball was delayed by Gray. By the time it came Keatings had been closed down again and the fans berate him for not getting to the ball. Holt got slated several times for playing balls to 'nowhere' when actually Lewis, Boyle, Gray were the problem as they hadn't made the run.

The above is just my opinion but others will see it differently but my overall point is the whole unit didn't play well enough on Saturday and it's difficult to blame individuals for that imo

cmcd
21-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Elaborate how we should be chuffed wi that fighting display of pegging back Dumbarton at home when PLENTY players were anonymous again against a defensive part time team when WE really needed the points? I dinnae get it?

Where did I say I was chuffed.? I disagree with a post and that is my prerogative. I believe Shinnie to be a good footballer who did not play well on Saturday then again how many did many .? No player goes out on to the pitch to play badly . We all have off days

cmcd
21-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Thats fair. Footballs all about opinions. Fwiw I think there is a player somewhere in Andrew Shinnie. But its too inconsistent for me to want to sign him permanently.

As I have said before its all about opinions so you and I will just have to agree to disagree. Cheers

The Green Goblin
21-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Trolling. I feel Shinnie is inconsistent and could do more at times but I'll always support him in the jersey. Nothing fair or reasonable about the tone or content of that first post. Poster clearly couldn't wait to stick the boot in, and fwiw, has previous for that as well, usually right on full time.

no follow up either, like dropping a stinker and walking off. Great stuff. Really useful. :aok:

onfire
29-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Nonsense. Wasnt the worst on the pitch. Were you at the game? You sound like the clowns that sit behind me.

Your man of the match again tonight!!'😳👀 ghostbusters👠👠

WhileTheChief..
29-03-2017, 09:35 PM
He was missed tonight that's for sure. We're a far better team when he's playing.