PDA

View Full Version : 19th March - 28 games - 55 Points

Keith_M
18-03-2017, 05:43 PM
It'll be exactly one year ago tomorrow (19th March) when we completed the last of a four game losing streak, in our infamous Feb/March slump.

At that point, we had played 28 games and amassed 55 points... and finished the season in 3rd place.

19th March this season we'll have played 28 games.... and also have 55 points.

That surely makes it nigh on impossible for anybody to argue that we've progressed at all in the intervening 12 months. It also makes me very doubtful of actually winning the league this season.

Ronniekirk
18-03-2017, 05:53 PM
It'll be exactly one year ago tomorrow (19th March) when we completed the last of a four game losing streak, in our infamous Feb/March slump.

At that point, we had played 28 games and amassed 55 points... and finished the season in 3rd place.

That surely makes it nigh on impossible for anybody to argue that we've progressed at all in the intervening 12 months. It also makes me very doubtful of actually winning the league this season.

All we can do is continue to Support the Team and hope teams behind us slso drop points Not the position many of us had anticipated being in
Paying the price for not brining in the scoring midfielder we needed and not being able to identify snd bring in a proven goslscorer at this Level to partner Cummings
But we are where we are and at present still Top of the League .But repeat the form of our last six League games again in our next six ,and your Doubts could just become nearer to being proven right

Frazerbob
18-03-2017, 06:02 PM

Really? Have you seen the league table?

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 06:04 PM

So you think we won't finish top even though we are 7 clear just now?

Islington Hibs
18-03-2017, 06:04 PM

Outside a few 'big games' we have been very very average this season. The league is still ours to lose but we have certainly gone backwards. It is very hard to pinpoint what has gone wrong but it has been a very unimpressive performance so far.

18Hibee75
18-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Whatever happens, happens. Although I am very confident we will go up next season one way or another

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
18-03-2017, 06:06 PM
It's not all bad. Until today, we were actually worse off (in terms of points) than we were at the equivalent stage last season.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2017, 06:07 PM

We are not better, but the league is much worse and thats why we are top skooshing it. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
18-03-2017, 06:15 PM
So you think we won't finish top even though we are 7 clear just now?

Given our current run of form, and the form of some of the other teams around us, no I'm not overly confident.

danhibees1875
18-03-2017, 06:47 PM
Given our current run of form, and the form of some of the other teams around us, no I'm not overly confident.

The form table I've just looked at (based on last 8 - which is how many we have left to play) has us trailing Falkirk by 3pts and Morton by 2pts. If that form continues we win the league with points to spare.

That's roughly how i see it panning out actually, a pretty lacklustre finish to the season by all involved and hibs being crowned champions unemphatically. What's the worst tally anyone has ever been promoted on?

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2017, 06:52 PM
There are no Jambos/Huns type outfits this time around, limited teams but ones which are set up to blow away inferior opposition. I worried at one stage Dundee United might evolve into that, but they've regressed. On paper we should be that side, but we don't have the width or pace to upset bus-parkers, or the desire in players to fire up for those games. Lennon tried to address this but Boyle isn't a winger and Humphries got injured, so we're struggling. Outside of Cummings we have no real goal threat. We will win the league, but only due the fact that we are the best in a bunch of average teams who beat each other.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm still confident we'll finish top but x
changes are required if we're to avoid a struggle next season.

Our league form lately has been absolutely woeful.

wookie70
18-03-2017, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=danhibees1875;4982698]The form table I've just looked at (based on last 8 - which is how many we have left to play) has us trailing Falkirk by 3pts and Morton by 2pts. If that form continues we win the league with points to spare.
That's roughly how i see it panning out actually, a pretty lacklustre finish to the season by all involved and hibs being crowned champions unemphatically. What's the worst tally anyone

Have you included our cup wins in that.

danhibees1875
18-03-2017, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=danhibees1875;4982698]The form table I've just looked at (based on last 8 - which is how many we have left to play) has us trailing Falkirk by 3pts and Morton by 2pts. If that form continues we win the league with points to spare.
That's roughly how i see it panning out actually, a pretty lacklustre finish to the season by all involved and hibs being crowned champions unemphatically. What's the worst tally anyone

Have you included our cup wins in that.

I took it from a website (soccerstats i think) and tbh didn't double check it... Apologies if I've been duped and past it on.

Ozyhibby
18-03-2017, 07:09 PM
I think we will win the league but there is no doubt that all this seasons signings have been duds. Not sure if this is down to Lennon or not but the signings next season need to be a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Folk seem to be going to an awful lot of bother convincing themselves that we're not going to win the league?

Despite our form, our manager, our players or whatever else you think is the problem, there's not another team getting anywhere close to us.

Not worried in the slightest about the Falkirk or Morton games, we'll win or draw them both. Doubt we'll lose another league game until it's won, if at all.

You were all panicking about Dundee Utd not so long ago. It's as if you just have to be worried! Are you wanting others to convince you that we'll be fine? Or would you prefer the whole message board to start wollowing in pity with you??

I'm enjoying being top of the league, don't feel any pressure at all and am looking forward to the Aberdeen game.

Man up and enjoy it. It's way more fun.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-03-2017, 07:38 PM
I think we will win the league but there is no doubt that all this seasons signings have been duds. Not sure if this is down to Lennon or not but the signings next season need to be a lot better.

I like your posts normally, but come on, this is harsh. Shinnie and Holt have been good (although i wpuld concede a centre forward needs to score more goals)

Ambrose and Commons were both good, i think Graham has been a decent sub but i woyld concede not a successful signing.

Ive been most disappointed with keatings, whenever he has had a chance, he has been poor.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
18-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Folk seem to be going to an awful lot of bother convincing themselves that we're not going to win the league?

Despite our form, our manager, our players or whatever else you think is the problem, there's not another team getting anywhere close to us.

Not worried in the slightest about the Falkirk or Morton games, we'll win or draw them both. Doubt we'll lose another league game until it's won, if at all.

You were all panicking about Dundee Utd not so long ago. It's as if you just have to be worried! Are you wanting others to convince you that we'll be fine? Or would you prefer the whole message board to start wollowing in pity with you??

I'm enjoying being top of the league, don't feel any pressure at all and am looking forward to the Aberdeen game.

Good post mate.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2017, 07:41 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThere is plenty of doubt about that but if you keep saying it on every thread every time we drop points it might become a .net fact

The poorest players in the last 4/5 weeks weren't signed by Neil Lennon.

Super_JMcGinn
18-03-2017, 07:46 PM

You obviously don't go the home games if you think it's fun, it's been bloody horrendous. But yes we will still win the league so that makes it ok. A season like this next year in the big league though will see us struggle big time and the fans disappear.

Ozyhibby
18-03-2017, 07:48 PM
There is plenty of doubt about that but if you keep saying it on every thread every time we drop points it might become a .net fact

The poorest players in the last 4/5 weeks weren't signed by Neil Lennon.

I agree that some of our existing players have also been poor as well and there needs to be an overhaul in the summer.

guthrie01
18-03-2017, 07:54 PM

I and some other fans just want us to win games convincingly for once. I'm not asking for a 10-0 game each week but the results and performances have been poor and deserve to be criticised for the performance. Hearts and Rangers managed to put a stamp on this league but we seem certain on scrapping it out until the final few games it looks like.

Years of accepting mediocare results is what got us in this league in the first place.

wookie70
18-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Last 8 games including todays

Falkirk 17 points 17 goals
Morton 17 points 14 goals
Hibs 13 points 9 goals (6 of those points were games 1 and 2 so we have 7 points from our last 6 games and 6 goals)

Given we have to play these teams a total of 3 times and we have just lost to St Mirren and drawn against Dumbarton who are also in better form than us then there is little to suggest it won't be very tight at the end of the season. We also have the bizarre disadvantage, given our home form, of playing more games at home in the run in. That game against St Mirren looked a great way to end the season but I can't say I am looking forward to it quite as much after the last few weeks.

Lennon is in a terrible position at the moment. Some of the players should have been dropped or rested weeks ago to see if the youngster could give us a bit more energy. That would have also backed up his bollocking after Raith. It will be a far more difficult decision to bring them in now but I hope he makes some changes as quite a few of that team today were going through the motions.

Swedish hibee
18-03-2017, 08:05 PM
I feel we'll win the league, but with the higher money spent this season on players & wages for management/players- we're no better.
Without Jason, we'd be stuffed.

Shrekko
18-03-2017, 08:16 PM

No way in the world can any of the signings be classed as duds far less all of them!! What a load of tosh.

Both goalies are better than Oxley and done really well. Shinnie has been inconsistent but made good contributions in big games, Holt and Graham have given us something we needed, albeit Holt's goal return has been poor.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2017, 08:34 PM
You obviously don't go the home games if you think it's fun, it's been bloody horrendous. But yes we will still win the league so that makes it ok. A season like this next year in the big league though will see us struggle big time and the fans disappear.

Been to every home game this season.

The football has generally sucked and results obviously could have been better. I don't really care though. Just want to get out this league, and we will. Comfortably.

Ozyhibby
18-03-2017, 08:39 PM
No way in the world can any of the signings be classed as duds far less all of them!! What a load of tosh.

Both goalies are better than Oxley and done really well. Shinnie has been inconsistent but made good contributions in big games, Holt and Graham have given us something we needed, albeit Holt's goal return has been poor.

Apologies, I was forgetting about Marciano. He has been excellent and the best we have had for some time. Miles better than Oxley.
Holt, Shinnie, Graham etc have been duds.

CMurdoch
18-03-2017, 09:39 PM

Especially true given there is no Rangers in the league this season

brog
18-03-2017, 10:16 PM
I've said from day 1,
1. NL is a deeply conservative manager, don't expect swashbuckling play.
2. Our home form will be worse than last season.
3. Our away form will be better than last season.
4. We will win the league.
We wouldn't be Hibs or Hibs fans if we didn't have a tremor or 2 along the way but I have not changed my mind re any of the above.

Nicho87
18-03-2017, 10:19 PM
The last two years we've also finished on 70 points.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Points dropped in the last 10 games...

Hibs 11
Falkirk 9
Morton 9

Damn, if this continues they could both over take us after, erm, 30 ish games.

We're screwed.

calumhibee1
18-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Aberdeen have picked up more points in the top league than we have in the second tier. Player for player they're not that much better than us. Ridiculous.

cammy1969
18-03-2017, 10:50 PM
We have only lost 3 games in the 28 league games played so far and as much as how poor we've been of late I still can't see us losing 3 games in our remaining games. 9 points up for grabs against Falkirk and Morton I think 5 points would be enuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
18-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Aberdeen have picked up more points in the top league than we have in the second tier. Player for player they're not that much better than us. Ridiculous.

That is shocking. Even once we get promoted that has to be looked at as a failure. Our lack of goals must be rectified next season.

greenlex
18-03-2017, 11:23 PM
That is shocking. Even once we get promoted that has to be looked at as a failure. Our lack of goals must be rectified next season.

It's a conundrum for sure. Only Falkirk have scored more goals than us this season and our defensive record pisses all over theirs. Morton are next closest but again our defensive record is much better. Both but particularly Morton have had loads of one nil wins. I wonder if their fans are worried by lack of goals as our goal difference at present is as good asanother point. Win the next two at home one nil and we will all be delighted and the corners will be getting filled in again.

cammy1969
18-03-2017, 11:25 PM

Yeah your correct but next season not very team will park the bus. We have played something like 7 games against teams from top league in the last 2 seasons and only lost 1 a last minute goal in LCD final so as much as we've struggled to break down a few teams I don't think it's as bleak as some think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucky
19-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Some cracking posts on here. We are 7 points clear at the top of the league. We are going to win the league by around that margin if not more. There's no point comparing last seasons points total, the fact is we've got more points, lost the least amount of games and best goal difference in this seasons championship. We are going to win the league

We are also in the semi of the Scottish cup and spanked Hearts

Pretty Boy
19-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Some cracking posts on here. We are 7 points clear at the top of the league. We are going to win the league by around that margin if not more. There's no point comparing last seasons points total, the fact is we've got more points, lost the least amount of games and best goal difference in this seasons championship. We are going to win the league

I'd feel far more confident if we can beat Falkirk and Morton in our next 2.

Morton are the challenge now and we still have to play them twice. They also have a game in hand, at home, where they just don't lose. Win the next 2 and we put it to bed, drop points and we keep it dragging on for far longer than we need to.

calumhibee1
19-03-2017, 09:35 AM

We are top and while I have every confidence we're going to win this league comfortably I don't think it's ridiculous for people to be suggesting that we've dropped way too many points and on the whole this season our performances have been way short of acceptable.