PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

18Hibee75
18-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Marciano - 6
Never had an awful lot to do. First goal penalty and second was a good finish which I don't think he could've saved from where I was sitting.

Gray - 6
Crosses were too often poor and struggled going forward, unlike SDG

Mcgregor - 7
fairly solid. Think he was possibly at fault for second goal? Not 100% sure

Ambrose - 8
Won MOTM controlled performance and tried different things rather than just lumping it forward.

Stevenson - 6
Too often not clearing first man today. Massive fan of lewy but today like many others he looked off the pace.

Bartley - 5
Gave away penalty for stupid tackle inside box, someone else who I am a big fan of but was very poor for me today.

McGinn - 7
Thought he was our best Midfielder, tried to create chances and looked lively when many others didn't.

Shinnie - 6
Didnt offer an awful lot. Took too many shots from far out when other options were available. Frustrating.

Boyle - 7
Scored second goal, tried to make things happen and take players on but struggled to get any momentum

Keatings - 6
Pretty poor penalty and apart from one shot that went wide didn't really look like he was going to score, disappointed as I would've liked to seen him try and prove a point

Holt - 8
My MOTM. Yet again did the dirty work and won near enough every header, for me he looked like most likely to score our winner but think he missed Cummings.

Overall a poor performance today.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Dan Sarf
18-03-2017, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=18Hibee75;4982457]Marciano - 6
Never had an awful lot to do. First goal penalty and second was a good finish which I don't think he could've saved from where I was sitting.

That would have been some save!

:flag:

SChibs
18-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Marciano - 6
Gray - 5
Mcgregor - 6
Ambrose - 8
Stevenson - 6
Mcginn - 7
Bartley - 5
Shinnie - 6
Boyle - 7
Holt - 7
Keatings - 5

Mcgeough - 7
Graham - 4
Forster - 6

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Big Efe seemed to have a bit of a go at Marciano for the 2nd goal. No sure why tho

Billychaotic182
18-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Keatings is lucky to even get a 1 in my book. He was murrder

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Marcianos position was poor for the 2nd.

Stepping away from the newspaper ratings of 8 equals brilliant and 5 means terrible I'd struggle to give anyone more than a 4 or 5 today and a few far lower. Perhaps Ambrose would be the exception. Keatings was nowhere near a 6 for example and is at the very least a level or 2 behind Jason Cummings.

guthrie01
18-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Marciano 6
Gray 3
Ambrose 8
McGregor 6
Stevenson 6
Bartley 5
McGinn 7
Boyle 5
Shinnie 5
Keatings 3
Holt 5

Harsh but fair

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Marciano - 6
Nothing much to do but pick the ball out the net twice against a poor side.

Gray - 4
Has struggled for a while now. Would be dropped if there was an alternative.

McGregor - 5
Not at his reliable best.

Ambrose - 7
Easily man of the match, and sadly also our most creative force, trying to make things happen from the back.

Stevenson - 4
Like Stevenson, but looking more average with every passing game. If we go up I'd question whether he would be a first team pick.

Bartley - 4
Not a great game for him to play in. Would have preferred to see a busy player like Martin. Made hash of the pen, better in big games/away games.

McGinn - 6
Kept trying, still don't think he's quite back at his best since injury.

Shinnie - 4
Has been decent of late, but offered very little today.

Boyle - 5
I still prefer him as an impact sub coming on when the game is stretched and legs are heavy. Still ricochets off players too much when given a start.

Keatings - 4
Big chance for him to make an impact today, bar a couple of dangerous balls into the box, he blew the opportunity.

Holt - 6
Did what he does but seldom looked a goal threat, and there was no Cummings to profit from his unsettling defenders.

Swedish hibee
18-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Holt a 8!!!!!!!!
I was watching a different game judging by the ratings so far... 7s, 8 & 6s against Dumbarton who made 2 mistakes for our goals.

wookie70
18-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Player ratings
Marciano - 6
Nothing much to do

Gray - 5
Not very good going forward and may have been partly to blame for their second. Not sure if he played injured for a wee while but looked very tired in second half until subbed.

Mcgregor - 5
Never won his battles as easily as he normally does. Same as Gray not sure he did well for their second

Ambrose - 7
A couple of poor ball but actually looked like he wanted to drive us on and had some confidence

Stevenson - 6
Steady enough but doesn't look to have the same energy as he did last year

Bartley - 4
Changed the game with a ridiculous challenge. I was screaming no as he went into the tackle

McGinn -6
Good at times but anonymous at others. Did well to create our first with a great run and cross/shot. Pity he didn't make that run another 10 times.

Shinnie - 6
Started pretty well but the front two were like statues most of teh game so he never really had much to pass to. Worked hard and did try to influence game but not that involved.

Boyle - 7
Scored second goal, worked hard and never gave up. He was my MOTM today as I thought he was the only one that realised we had to try and win it rather than wait for it to happen. Not much quality but uses what he has well.

Keatings - 3
Apart from a few very good balls he was terrible. Gave ball away constantly, very few runs and he never looked likely to score to me even when he ran up to take the penalty

Holt - 5
No idea what game I watch compared to those that like Holt but he was very poor again for me. Easyish chance first half which he tried a stupid flick and was easily saved, won some in the air but not to the point it helped us much and for long periods was pretty much standing still. Points for winning the penalty but he then got involved with the goalie and went for a walk to the bye line delaying the kick slightly and probably not helping Keatings who looked to me like he never wanted it in the first place.

Subs
Jordan - Did OK and looks more dangerous at set pieces than anyone else
McGeough - improved us when he came on but that wouldn't have been hard
Graham - Looked sharp, Assist for the second and won a few headers, unlucky not to score. No idea why he doesn't get more of a chance as Holt was honking again.

Lennon - The bollocking seems to have made us worse against lesser teams. If Dylan is fit enough to play a half can we make it the first half. Saw him on a few occasions gesturing for us to calm down which was exactly the wrong message to send. Too late bringing Graham on for me. Another bad day at the office and we look clueless and without direction against teams that don't stand toe to toe. I would call the team's performance today a half shift.

Jones28
18-03-2017, 05:13 PM
I've never seem a Hibs team that seems whimper against smaller teams but rise to the big occasions.

All round 4-5's for me, Ambrose and Holt were a bit better but too many below average performances today.

Hiber-nation
18-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Only pass marks for Ambrose and Boyle. The rest varied from absolutely dreadful to almost average.

loanheadhibby
18-03-2017, 05:26 PM
You'd think with Cummings being suspended, Keatings would be out to put on a show but he was dreadful. Next week has to be Ambrose at right back and Forster in at centre back.

loanheadhibby
18-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Player ratings

Marciano - 6
Nothing much to do

Gray - 5
Not very good going forward and may have been partly to blame for their second. Not sure if he played injured for a wee while but looked very tired in second half until subbed.

Mcgregor - 5
Never won his battles as easily as he normally does. Same as Gray not sure he did well for their second

Ambrose - 7
A couple of poor ball but actually looked like he wanted to drive us on and had some confidence

Stevenson - 6

Bartley - 4
Changed the game with a ridiculous challenge. I was screaming no as he went into the tackle

McGinn -6
Good at times but anonymous at others. Did well to create our first with a great run and cross/shot. Pity he didn't make that run another 10 times.

Shinnie - 6
Started pretty well but the front two were like statues most of teh game so he never really had much to pass to. Worked hard and did try to influence game but not that involved.

Boyle - 7
Scored second goal, worked hard and never gave up. He was my MOTM today as I thought he was the only one that realised we had to try and win it rather than wait for it to happen. Not much quality but uses what he has well.

Keatings - 3
Apart from a few very good balls he was terrible. Gave ball away constantly, very few runs and he never looked likely to score to me even when he ran up to take the penalty

Holt - 5
No idea what game I watch compared to those that like Holt but he was very poor again for me. Easyish chance first half which he tried a stupid flick and was easily saved, won some in the air but not to the point it helped us much and for long periods was pretty much standing still. Points for winning the penalty but he then got involved with the goalie and went for a walk to the bye line delaying the kick slightly and probably not helping Keatings who looked to me like he never wanted it in the first place.

Subs
Graham - Looked sharp, Assist for the second and won a few headers, unlucky not to score. No idea why he doesn't get more of a chance as Holt was honking again.

Lennon - The bollocking seems to have made us worse against lesser teams. If Dylan is fit enough to play a half can we make it the first half. Saw him on a few occasions gesturing for us to calm down which was exactly the wrong message to send. Too late bringing Graham on for me. Another bad day at the office and we look clueless and without direction against teams that don't stand toe to toe. I would call the team's performance today a half shift.

100% agree about the calming down bit! Players started slowly. We're playing Dumbarton at home. We should have the tempo as high as possible and run the legs off them.

Forza Fred
18-03-2017, 05:29 PM
I thought Ambrose could have prevented their second goal if he had challenged more than in a half hearted manner.

Hibs90
18-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Marciano - 6
Gray - 5
Mcgregor - 7
Ambrose - 7
Stevenson - 6
Bartley - 5
McGinn - 7
Shinnie - 6
Boyle - First half Boyle 4 Second half Boyle 7
Keatings - 4
Holt - 7 - missed JC

eastcoasthibby
18-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Have said it a few times this season and last time was st mirren away, but we appear to not be aware or up for games and also our starting 11's seem to often to not be the right selection ....
I have said it all season. Bartley is ok in a strong g battling game but in terms of a pass and not when we need to play a quick passing ...thought him and keatings were joint worst ....SDG is struggling with his game just not ..the rest all 5's for me !..
On their second goal I thought Rocky was a bit to fat to his left of goals and guy found the nap very well...

erin go bragh
18-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Rocky 7

Gray 6
Ambrose 7
McGregor 7
Stevenson 5
McGinn 6
Bartley 5
Shinnie 5
Boyle 7
Holt 5
Keatings 4

McGeouch 7 ( we played much better when he came on )
Forster 5
Graham 5

BSEJVT
18-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Marciano 5 I wouldn't fault him for goals
Gray 3 been really poor for a while, sleeping at 2nd goal
Stevenson 5 okay nothing special
McGregor 4 very poor compared to what we have come to expect
Ambrose 5 prepared to play the ball out
Bartley 3 utterly brainless tackle for penalty
McGinn 5 showed a bit urgency
Shinnie 3 did nothing to impose himself on game
Boyle 5 can't fault effort but makes so many poor decisions
Holt 5 usual shift
Keatings 2 penalty miss aside he was awful. Cannot hold ball up or take it in with back to goal

Subs

Forster 5
Graham 5
Mcgeouch 5

Ref 1

Let them away with murder time wasting

How that fat git Nade didn't get sent off is beyond me for his slap on Forster

thebakerboy
18-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Sorry folks but from my perch at the back of the FF upper Rocky was totally at fault for 2nd goal along with a couple of defenders , as the ball fell to the Dumbarton player there were no Hibs players between him and the goal it was completely empty , Rocky seemed to be at corner of the 6 yard box , and I didnt think Marvin touched the player for the penalty , got to agree with most about Keatings. I do not get Holt , if your job is to be a striker/target man being in the centre circle or on right or left wing is not doing your job right. I do think Marciano is a good keeper and that was just a wee blip. I also think NL is planning to play 3 at the back when Hanlon is fit as he seemed to want Dylan to play wing back when Gray went off.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2017, 07:10 PM
I cant comment too much on who was at fault for the 2nd goal because there seemed no danger as I turned to talk to my mate, but when I looked back at the pitch the Dumbarton player was sweeping the ball into the net and there wasn't a Hibs defender anywhere near him ... somebody screwed up somewhere that's for sure.

Marciano ...... 6 ..... not a lot to do and didn't appear to have any chance with the 2nd goal that I could see.

Gray ...... 5 ..... Not very affective ... not sure if he was subbed because Forster is right footed and we needed height up front, but he didn't look injured.

McGregor .... 6 ..... decent enough without having anything major to contend with apart from a player who has more skill in his fat arse than his feet.

Ambrose ..... 7 ..... In the 2nd half he tried and tried to push us forward, the guys been here 5 minutes and seemed to understand the urgency more than some of the guys who have been here for ages.

Stevenson ..... 6 ...... I actually thought he put some decent balls into the box and defended pretty well.

Shinnie ..... 6 ..... he didn't play all that badly, but needed a bit more guile at times.

Bartley .... 5 .... This isn't the type of game for him and it showed at times, schoolboy error to make a tackle like that .... like another poster said, I was also screaming no! when I saw he was going to dive in.

McGinn .... 7 ..... I actually thought he contributed a lot to us driving forward in the 2nd half and he played a couple of cracking diagonal balls to Boyle ... did what nobody else did and smashed the ball across when he got the chance.

Holt ..... 6 ..... did ok, but in the first half he stopped and threw his arms in the air when the ball was played into the box with him 30 yards from goal, he should have been busting a gut to get into the box, and why after moaning about not getting to take a penaly a few weeks back did he allow Keatings to take this one???

Keatings ..... 4 ..... moans about not getting a start and then puts in a woeful performance like that, never mind the missed penalty.

Subs .... Forster and Graham 4 ..... McGeouch 5

confused
18-03-2017, 07:20 PM
I cant comment too much on who was at fault for the 2nd goal because there seemed no danger as I turned to talk to my mate, but when I looked back at the pitch the Dumbarton player was sweeping the ball into the net and there wasn't a Hibs defender anywhere near him ... somebody screwed up somewhere that's for sure.

Marciano ...... 6 ..... not a lot to do and didn't appear to have any chance with the 2nd goal that I could see.

Gray ...... 5 ..... Not very affective ... not sure if he was subbed because Forster is right footed and we needed height up front, but he didn't look injured.

McGregor .... 6 ..... decent enough without having anything major to contend with apart from a player who has more skill in his fat arse than his feet.

Ambrose ..... 7 ..... In the 2nd half he tried and tried to push us forward, the guys been here 5 minutes and seemed to understand the urgency more than some of the guys who have been here for ages.

Stevenson ..... 6 ...... I actually thought he put some decent balls into the box and defended pretty well.

Shinnie ..... 6 ..... he didn't play all that badly, but needed a bit more guile at times.

Bartley .... 5 .... This isn't the type of game for him and it showed at times, schoolboy error to make a tackle like that .... like another poster said, I was also screaming no! when I saw he was going to dive in.

McGinn .... 7 ..... I actually thought he contributed a lot to us driving forward in the 2nd half and he played a couple of cracking diagonal balls to Boyle ... did what nobody else did and smashed the ball across when he got the chance.

Holt ..... 6 ..... did ok, but in the first half he stopped and threw his arms in the air when the ball was played into the box with him 30 yards from goal, he should have been busting a gut to get into the box, and why after moaning about not getting to take a penaly a few weeks back did he allow Keatings to take this one???

Keatings ..... 4 ..... moans about not getting a start and then puts in a woeful performance like that, never mind the missed penalty.

It's wonder we toiled only 10 players , or was Boyle that bad ?

we are hibs
18-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Marciano 6

gray 4
mcgregor 6
ambrose 7
stevenson 5

boyle 5
mcginn 5
bartley 5
shinnie 3

keatings 3
holt 4

pontius pilate
18-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Great to see Dylan back and I thought Holt improved when he came on as Dylan can see the gaps. Graham looked busy when he came on as well making runs pulling defenders. Big efe strolled the game for me and was trying to push us on in the second half some of his balls into thier box in the 2nd half were brilliant balls in. Keatings really really poor along with sdg. Boyle really annoyed me today constantly hugging the side line in the 2nd half when there was space inside to make the run. The rest were pretty anonymous today including big Darren. I feel changes need to be made even if it's the formation something needs to change.

cmcd
18-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Marciano - 6
Gray - 5
Mcgregor - 6
Ambrose - 8
Mcginn - 7
Bartley - 5
Shinnie - 6
Boyle - 7
Holt - 7
Keatings - 5

Mcgeough - 7
Graham - 4
Forster - 6

Stevenson ??????

Kojock
18-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Marciano 6

Gray 4
McGregor 6
Ambrose 7
Stevenson 4

Boyle 2
McGinn 5
Bartley 3
Shinnie 3

Keatings 2
Holt 5

Shocking performance from start to finish. Players in there not good enough to pull on a Hibs shirt.

Hiber-nation
18-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Marciano 6

Gray 4
McGregor 6
Ambrose 7
Stevenson 4

Boyle 2
McGinn 5
Bartley 3
Shinnie 3

Keatings 2
Holt 5

Shocking performance from start to finish. Players in there not good enough to pull on a Hibs shirt.

Boyle was our only attacking threat. As frustrating as he is, 2 is absolutely ridiculous.

cmcd
18-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Player ratings
Marciano - 6
Nothing much to do

Gray - 5

Mcgregor - 5

Ambrose - 7

Stevenson - 6

Bartley - 4

McGinn -6

Shinnie - 6

Boyle - 7

Keatings - 3

Holt - 5

Subs

This old guy likes Holt .some just don't appreciate his worth

wookie70
18-03-2017, 07:41 PM
This old guy likes Holt .some just don't appreciate his worth A goal every 6 games or so. Pretty much every game I have watched Holt has had a good chance. He had another very good one today. he rarely looks like he is going to score. Jason is scoring at the same rate he always has and the team are scoring less. What is Holt's worth?

cmcd
18-03-2017, 07:45 PM

Yes was a strange decision by Holt .He had the ball in his hand and I obviously thought he was going to take the penalty then he spoke to Keatings and handed the ball to him

we are hibs
18-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Boyle was our only attacking threat. As frustrating as he is, 2 is absolutely ridiculous.

Boyle was hopeless today. Moment in the second half Ambrose was pointing at him telling him to run in behind and he just stood there staring at him.

Kojock
18-03-2017, 08:08 PM

How many defenders did he go past and how many times did he deliver a decent ball into the box. 2 was being generous.

gaz1875
18-03-2017, 08:21 PM
How many defenders did he go past and how many times did he deliver a decent ball into the box. 2 was being generous.

Plenty times he went passed defenders in the second half and put in loads of crosses. he also scored the equaliser :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
18-03-2017, 08:21 PM

Not arguing, he got past his man plenty times and delivered a few decent balls. What movement was there in the box?? Holt is too slow and never looks like scoring from crosses. Keatings was dire all afternoon.

LaMotta
18-03-2017, 08:27 PM

He was the only Hibs player to score today. Giving him a 2 is ***in ridiculous. Brutal analysis.

Kojock
18-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Plenty times he went passed defenders in the second half and put in loads of crosses. he also scored the equaliser :rolleyes:

Must've missed him ghosting past defenders. The only reason he scored was their keeper made a Rodger Hunt of it.

gaz1875
18-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Must've missed him ghosting past defenders. The only reason he scored was their keeper made a Rodger Hunt of it.

Yep guess you must have and did he score?

TrinityHibby
18-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Keatings is lucky to even get a 1 in my book. He was murrder
Totally agree....I just don't see him making it even at Championship level:confused:

Kojock
18-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Yep guess you must have and did he score?

Yes he did score ??

gaz1875
18-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Yes he did score ??

It doesn't matter how he scored then as long as he was in the right place and the ball crossed the line.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2017, 10:32 PM
It's wonder we toiled only 10 players , or was Boyle that bad ?

Ha ha ........ no, I'll be honest, my tea was coming and I was in a rush to finish so I forgot him .... I would have given him a 6, he did ok and got a few decent balls into the box, he certainly never gave up trying, and he did score :greengrin

HibeeMackenzie
18-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Rocky 6 - not much to do apart from picking the ball out the net

SDG 2 - horrendous, playing injured perhaps?
Ambrose 6 - didn't do much wrong, not exceptional
McGregor 6 - same as Ambrose, slightly better than Efe
Stevenson 7 - solid as usual, few decent crosses that no one wanted to attack

Bartley 2 - exception against Hearts, United etc, not needed against teams like Dumbarton that sit in, offers nothing going forward
Mcginn 4 - abysmal first half, as if the internationals were on his mind, much better second half
Shinnie 5 - drifted in and out, struggled to get involved
Boyle 5 - scored, would have been 3 otherwise, should be using his pace to stretch teams like that and stop them sitting in so much

Keatings 1 - woeful, should never have got the penalty as nothing was going right for him all day, JC straight back in next week
Holt 6 - gave the Dumbarton defenders a hard time but yet again to end product, jumps down when attacking a header, balls just aren't going in for him

McGeough 5 - missed him, adds drive and class to the midfield, clearly not match for however, hopefully fit to start in midfield next
Forster 4 - didn't have much to do, unlucky to get booked for getting the ball off nade after his time wasting
Graham 1 - humpty. We'd be as well playing Petrie up front

Ref - 2 yet again all about him. Let Dumbarton time waste to their hearts content, didn't send off nade for his slap, had his card out to book their second goal scorer before realising he'd already booked him and put them back in his pocket

J-C
19-03-2017, 06:30 AM

Bartley 2 - exception against Hearts, United etc, not needed against teams like Dumbarton that sit in, offers nothing going forward
Mcginn 4 - abysmal first half, as if the internationals were on his mind, much better second half
Boyle 5 - scored, would have been 3 otherwise, should be using his pace to stretch teams like that and stop them sitting in so much

Keatings 1 - woeful, should never have got the penalty as nothing was going right for him all day, JC straight back in next week
Holt 6 - gave the Dumbarton defenders a hard time but yet again to end product, jumps down when attacking a header, balls just aren't going in for him

McGeough 5 - missed him, adds drive and class to the midfield, clearly not match for however, hopefully fit to start in midfield next
Forster 4 - didn't have much to do, unlucky to get booked for getting the ball off nade after his time wasting

Ref - 2 yet again all about him. Let Dumbarton time waste to their hearts content, didn't send off nade for his slap, had his card out to book their second goal scorer before realising he'd already booked him and put them back in his pocket

Pretty much how I saw the game, I would say though that McGinn seems to be trying just too much, he knows the others are not playing well and he just seems to be doing it all himself, it's the way he is, he's got a winning mentality, he was a lot better when McGeouch came on.

familyman
19-03-2017, 07:24 AM
If someone like Nade can run rings around us the defence gets 3 from me.
McGeough 7 and McGinn 7 Keatings 2
otherwise 5 for the rest

DaveF
19-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Boyle, Keatings and Holt would be lucky to score 10 between them. As a front line, they were useless.

danhibees1875
19-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Rocky - 5
Gray - 5
Ambrose - 6
McGregor -6
Stevenson -6
Bartley -4
Shinnie -5
Mcginn -6
Boyle -6
Keatings - 3
Holt -6

Subs - Graham got himself about and was the reason for the equaliser and bar an amazing/lucky save would have scored a late winner and been the hero of yesterday. McGeoch looked bright and I'm glad he's back.

500miles
19-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Boyle, Keatings and Holt would be lucky to score 10 between them. As a front line, they were useless.

Boyle has 8 goals and 6 assists this season. Mostly from wide and as an player with less than 20 starts and 18 subs. His goals to minute reason ratio comes in at under one in three games. He's erratic and frustrating, but he certainly gets me off my seat!

Tamhere1875
19-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Team 2. Ball boy behind the ff goal 7 he put in more effort than that lot on the park

Jones28
19-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Marciano - 6 didn't think he did that much wrong.

Gray - 3 offered nothing for me, a shadow of the player from 21/05/16
McGregor - 6
Ambrose - 7 drove the team on and rightly had a go at Boyle for not running the line
Stevenson - 6 was decent, put some good balls in to the box

Boyle - 5 scored the equaliser and didn't hide
Bartley - 3 wtf was he doing for the penalty? He doesn't need to be involved in games like this
McGinn - 5 huffed and puffed and put in a great ball for the first goal
Shinnie - 4 cant remember him doing anything of note

Holt - 5 worked hard but goals still lacking
Keatings - 3 I like him but this was not the game for him. Penalties are a lottery and the keeper saved it.

Graham - 5 should have started
Mcgeouch - 6 he's a great wee player.
Forster - not sure why he was on. I thought Lennon was going 3 at the back when he came on.

Moody Blues
19-03-2017, 10:06 AM
OK, lets slag of the players some of whom played rubbish today. But what about the managers tactics and missing a trick to strengthen the team during the transfer window.

Baldy Foghorn
19-03-2017, 10:36 AM
OK, lets slag of the players some of whom played rubbish today. But what about the managers tactics and missing a trick to strengthen the team during the transfer window.

Is it Lennon's fault our players were sluggish and careless with the ball?

cmcd
19-03-2017, 11:11 AM

You're comment ref Graham is way off target . He had some very good knock ons and only a brilliant save from the keeper prevented him from scoring

wookie70
19-03-2017, 12:55 PM
You're comment ref Graham is way off target . He had some very good knock ons and only a brilliant save from the keeper prevented him from scoring

I agree with that, Graham also created our equalliser with a great chase and a jump to put the goalie off. That goal to me says everything about Holt and Graham. Watch the position of the two of them as the ball comes to Keatings. They are both standing within 5 or so yards of each other, near Keatings. Keats puts the up and under up and Graham is already running and gets there to put the goalie off. Holt was still 40 yards from goal at this point where he was when Keatings was about to receive the ball. I appreciate Graham had fresh legs but I suspect the goalie would have caught the ball without challenge if that had been in the first minute.

Graham has made a very good impression in his last three cameo appearances. It baffles me how the majority of this board seem to drool over a static non-goalscoring or creating centre forward who play more 40 yards from goal than in the box and seem to hate Graham who looks very dangerous, wins just as many headers and most importantly heads for the box as his first thought. I wouldn't say Graham is brilliant but what does he have to do to get more of a chance. If Holt's quality is softening up the opposition then at least let Graham have a good spell of time to take advantage of that.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2017, 01:56 PM

Though I don't disagree with the score for Ambrose in general at least he tried to drive the team forward in the 2nd half with a bit of urgency, from that POV he was more effective than McGregor. Like every other player on the pitch McGinn struggled to find a way through Dumbarton's 10 man defence in the first half, he wasn't terribly effective in that 45, but 'abysmal' is taking things too far. As for Bartley ... as everybody but NL seems to agree these types of game are not for him, he isn't the type of guy who is going to hit a defence splitting pass or burst into the box to get on the end of a cross ..... but a 2 .... don't make me laugh, yes he gave away a daft penalty, but a 2 is what you give to a player who has had a bad game because he hasn't tried a leg, that player isn't and never will be Marvin Bartley.

Sir David Gray
19-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Marciano - 6

Gray - 6
Crosses were too often poor and struggled going forward, unlike SDG

Mcgregor - 7
fairly solid. Think he was possibly at fault for second goal? Not 100% sure

Ambrose - 8
Won MOTM controlled performance and tried different things rather than just lumping it forward.

Stevenson - 6
Too often not clearing first man today. Massive fan of lewy but today like many others he looked off the pace.

Bartley - 5
Gave away penalty for stupid tackle inside box, someone else who I am a big fan of but was very poor for me today.

McGinn - 7
Thought he was our best Midfielder, tried to create chances and looked lively when many others didn't.

Shinnie - 6
Didnt offer an awful lot. Took too many shots from far out when other options were available. Frustrating.

Boyle - 7
Scored second goal, tried to make things happen and take players on but struggled to get any momentum

Keatings - 6
Pretty poor penalty and apart from one shot that went wide didn't really look like he was going to score, disappointed as I would've liked to seen him try and prove a point

Holt - 8
My MOTM. Yet again did the dirty work and won near enough every header, for me he looked like most likely to score our winner but think he missed Cummings.

Overall a poor performance today.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

You've got almost half of the starting XI on either 7 or 8/10 following a home draw against Dumbarton? :confused: