PDA

View Full Version : Not good enough

lord bunberry
18-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Ducking hell. What's going on here. We're absolutely having a laugh here.

SChibs
18-03-2017, 03:58 PM
7 points clear with 8 games to go. We're still on course.

heretoday
18-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Hibs are still on course but this won't be good enough next season.

Frogga
18-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I think we'll be fine against prem teams but the arrogance we show at times against smaller teams is damaging us. The slow, passing tactics are wrong and the players seem to be lacking the fight for these games.

Pete
18-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Hibs are still on course but this won't be good enough next season.

If we go up I think we'll do ok but we need solutions NOW.

Not good enough indeed.

Heisenberg
18-03-2017, 04:07 PM
We have been brutal at home all season. The fact that the majority of our games come at home in the run in probably isn't a bonus. These players need a good look at themselves. McGinn should be dominating these games. Keatings has simply proven he's not good enough.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 04:09 PM
David Gray would be the 1st name off my team sheet next week. He's been poor for weeks and I think his performances as captain, good and bad, often spread through the team.

Boyle, Keatings, Bartley, Holt, Shinnie and Stevenson could have no complaints about dropping out either imo. That's not a suggestion that others were good either btw.

BigKev
18-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Far from good enough. 4 wins in the league since the turn of the year is not title winning form.

MikeyS
18-03-2017, 04:14 PM
David Gray would be the 1st name off my team sheet next week. He's been poor for weeks and I think his performances as captain, good and bad, often spread through the team.

Boyle, Keatings, Bartley, Holt, Shinnie and Stevenson could have no complaints about dropping out either imo. That's not a suggestion that others were good either btw.

totally agree with your list, it's just a shame we've no got the depth in the squad to carry it out.

There are far too many of them just coasting as there are no pressure on them from the sidelines. Gray and Stevenson haven't been challenged for 3 years now!!

RoYO!
18-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Great performance from their keeper but yes, should be better. Looked much better when Dylan came on IMO.

IWasThere2016
18-03-2017, 04:15 PM
There's no game plan..

Explain how we play???

We react to either going behind or ahead.

There's no style, flare, tactics..

We are least poorest of a very poor lot

RamYer1902
18-03-2017, 04:16 PM
We may be on course but or home record is f*****g atrocious. Unacceptable today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2017, 04:18 PM
Keatings proved today nowhere near good enough...he was awful

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RamYer1902

I thought Holt did well again today.

Big difference between playing with someone razor Sharp like JC and Keatings who walks about offering nothing for large parts of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AL-Qaholik
Far from good enough. 4 wins in the league since the turn of the year is not title winning form.

Christ, that's a depressing statistic.
Absolutely brutal.

Alex Trager
18-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Great performance from their keeper but yes, should be better. Looked much better when Dylan came on IMO.

Absolutely man.

Thought he played well. Always looking to get on the ball and push forward.

I felt we looked better when graham came on too.

Keatings was poor.

biotech
18-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Feel we'll limp across the finishing line, but will need major changes next season.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2017, 04:23 PM
We have been brutal at home all season. The fact that the majority of our games come at home in the run in probably isn't a bonus. These players need a good look at themselves. McGinn should be dominating these games. Keatings has simply proven he's not good enough.

Apparently we're 4th in the table if it's counted purely on home performances.

DTS
18-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Think we will start with the back four that finished today against Falkirk, David gray not been good enough for weeks. Mcgoeuch and fyvie I'd imagine will be in for Bartley and mcginn. If fit humphreys in for either of the wide players and Cummings will be straight back in for keatimgs who was extremely poor today and I don't think he'll start another game this season today was a huge chance for him and he was terrible. Worst performance of the season, and the only player that can come out the game with pass marks is efe ambrose. That being said we got a point which may well turn out not too bad depends on the Falkirk Morton game

chrisski33
18-03-2017, 04:26 PM
7 points clear with 8 games to go. We're still on course.

if falkirk win it will only be 4 and cos we cant beat dumbarton im not confident we will beat falkirk nor morton. glad ur confident

SChibs
18-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Apparently we're 4th in the table if it's counted purely on home performances.

Falkirk have picked up more points than us in the last 25/20/15/10/5 games... we are lucky we started with 5 wins.

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 04:45 PM
That first half was the worst 45 mins I've seen in a while at ER. Second half tempo far better and their keeper done very well and saved them the point.

7 clear so still happy about that, not so much about the performance today we missed Jason as Lewis sent over some very good crosses.

Canon Hannan
18-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Ducking hell. What's going on here. We're absolutely having a laugh here.

Keep the faith. We are fine. Good second half today and shocking penalty decision by the ref changed the game.

tamig
18-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Keep the faith. We are fine. Good second half today and shocking penalty decision by the ref changed the game.

What was the shocking penalty decision?

Canon Hannan
18-03-2017, 04:49 PM
if falkirk win it will only be 4 and cos we cant beat dumbarton im not confident we will beat falkirk nor morton. glad ur confident

What did you think of the second half today?

Canon Hannan
18-03-2017, 04:50 PM
What was the shocking penalty decision?

Dumbartons player was 1 metre outside the box.

tamig
18-03-2017, 04:52 PM

No he wasn't. It was a penalty. It was on the line at worst and on the line is in the box.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Agree. Nowhere near good enough. Onward and upward

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 04:56 PM

Eh? Was clear as day in the box and a stone wall pen.

BoomtownHibees

It was a penalty and if you think the second half was "good" then you were watching something different from me

guthrie01

Who cares it's still 2 points dropped, 10 draws and 3 losses is unacceptable it really is. When you look at the state of some of the teams in the Championship this season we should have this wrapped up by now but we don't.

Frogga
18-03-2017, 04:59 PM
If a title-winning dvd is released then I will not be rushing to buy it haha.

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Who cares it's still 2 points dropped, 10 draws and 3 losses is unacceptable it really is. When you look at the state of some of the teams in the Championship this season we should have this wrapped up by now but we don't.

But we will. I couldn't care if it was on the last day on goal difference. As long as we're top we go up.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 05:03 PM

Do you actually believe that?

It was a foul and inside the box, on the line at the very worst. Everyone who has seen multiple replays on Hibs TV is agreeing with that but it was obvious to the naked eye, from my vantage point at least, that it was a penalty.

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 05:06 PM

It was a foul and inside the box, on the line at the very worst. Everyone who has seen multiple replays on Hibs TV is agreeing with that but it was obvious to the naked eye, from my vantage point at least, that it was a penalty.

Unless he was sitting on Arthur's Seat I can't understand how anyone at the game couldn't see it's clearly in the box.

chrisski33

not good. whats ur point?

Real Emerald
But we will. I couldn't care if it was on the last day on goal difference. As long as we're top we go up.

We simply have to get out of this league, it's not enjoyable to watch teams week after week putting 11 men behind the ball and score with nearly every shot they have whilst watching us squandering dozens of chances. I've renewed my ST but couldn't face another season of this dross!

We've not won a home league game since 6 January...in the ******* championship :confused:

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Unless he was sitting on Arthur's Seat I can't understand how anyone at the game couldn't see it's clearly in the box.

Sometimes the eye only sees what it wants to see

Thecat23
We simply have to get out of this league, it's not enjoyable to watch teams week after week putting 11 men behind the ball and score with nearly every shot they have whilst watching us squandering dozens of chances. I've renewed my ST but couldn't face another season of this dross!

We've not won a home league game since 6 January...in the ******* championship :confused:

Fully agree with all that, it's beyond horrific but if horrific means still being top come end of the season I'll be delighted.

Real Emerald

I'm on the halfway line in the East and it was a foul inside the box, even I saw that from there. :agree:

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 05:09 PM
not good. whats ur point?

I actually enjoyed the second half. It's very hard to break down 11 men behind the ball but thought the tempo was far better and if it wasn't for the keeper we'd have won it.

Gatecrasher
18-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Poor performance, poor passing, poor defending, poor build up play, poor tempo, poor set prices. Even the goals were ***** FFS.

Fifehibby74
18-03-2017, 05:27 PM
I actually enjoyed the second half. It's very hard to break down 11 men behind the ball but thought the tempo was far better and if it wasn't for the keeper we'd have won it.

I agree with this. Thought we had loads of chances in second half and the keeper made some great saves. As usual they had 2 shots at goal and scored both.

Not a happy clapper and disappointed not to win but not as deflated as I was with the performance against raith rovers away a few weeks back.

Another big game next week - looking forward to it already!!

GGTTH

ehf
18-03-2017, 05:38 PM
:agree: the finish for their second goal was quality and although their penalty was needlessly conceded, there was a superb back-heeled lay-off in the run up to it that created the situation. And their keeper played a blinder. On another day we win comfortably. Keatings lets Holt take the penalty today and we win. Whereas against Raith away, and at home on Christmas even, the second half against Dunfermline three weeks ago and away to St Mirren we were not at it at all.

emerald green
18-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Terrible defending from Bartley for the penalty. Diving in with a foul from behind right on the edge of the box just invited the referee to give a penalty. You just don't defend like that. End of.

Two shots on target from Dumbarton = two goals.

Couple of quotes from Neil Lennon: "Ridiculous goals we are giving away"; and "If they think they are going to get to the Premiership playing like that, they wont - and, if they think they are going to play like that in the Premiership, they will have to think again because it's not acceptable."

greenlex
18-03-2017, 06:00 PM

Where I am. First half was a car crash.

BSEJVT
18-03-2017, 07:36 PM

It was 100% a penalty

The shocking decision was Bartley going in for a tackle when the boy was going nowhere

emerald green
18-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Dumbarton are a part-time club. The Hibs performance, work rate, tempo, passing, movement, anything you care to mention, was pish poor in that first half.

Yet people just assume Hibs will win against Falkirk and Morton. They might, but not playing like that.

cammy1969
18-03-2017, 08:38 PM
I think the Falkirk games different to the other times we've played them we don't need to go gung-ho from 1st min they need the win more so will have to open a bit more than usual. So should leave more space for us to exploit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibseightl
18-03-2017, 08:54 PM
January transfer window lack, of activity was always going to coe bach and haunt us.

Jones28
18-03-2017, 08:58 PM
We are a big game team, and it ****s me off cos I only go to ****ty wee games where I bring pals and say "oh aye we're score like ****"

cammy1969
18-03-2017, 09:21 PM
We are a big game team, and it ****s me off cos I only go to ****ty wee games where I bring pals and say "oh aye we're score like ****"

A know what your saying but I think that the big games team come and have a go and it opens the park up and we have players thar can exploit the space

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk