PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years Ago Today

SteveHFC
18-03-2017, 12:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwUw9AERohM

When we lifted the league cup for the 3rd time in our history.

:flag:

Haymaker
18-03-2017, 12:45 AM
:hyper

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2017, 02:42 AM
Great day out. Slammed 'Jeff' and his boys 5-1 after 6-2 and 7-0.

hibbysam
18-03-2017, 06:23 AM
What a glorious day that was.

erin go bragh
18-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Quality. Only eclipsed last May .

CorrieHibs
18-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Is the club doing anything today to celebrate it? Would be good to see some of the players at Easter Road.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-03-2017, 07:17 AM
Is the club doing anything today to celebrate it? Would be good to see some of the players at Easter Road.

I've heard Lewis Stevenson will be at the game today

CorrieHibs
18-03-2017, 07:22 AM

😂😂

scoopyboy
18-03-2017, 07:25 AM

I think the majority of the team will be.

Certainly there has been contact with Zemamma.

B.H.F.C
18-03-2017, 07:38 AM

Would be mad not to do something.

Suppose the majority of the team that played that day are still involved in the game though. And with it being a Saturday it's probably quite difficult to get them along.

danhibees1875
18-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Would be mad not to do something.

Suppose the majority of the team that played that day are still involved in the game though. And with it being a Saturday it's probably quite difficult to get them along.

That would be the main stumbling block i think. I read an article just yesterday about where they all are now actually:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/where-are-hibs-2007-cis-cup-winning-squad-now-1-4392783/amp

What a performance/game that was!

Carheenlea
18-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Spent the night before watching The Fall put on a vintage performance aboard The Renfrew Ferry, with a performance to match from Hibs the following day. Stayed at a mates in Shawlands for what meant a short walk down to the ground. With a high speed Cup Parade to enjoy before heading back to Peebles, that was indeed one of the great weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSJe30WJBI&app=desktop

BSEJVT
18-03-2017, 08:10 AM
One of the great days (and nights) supporting Hibs

First final after my father died

I wore his gold watch to the game and thought of him a lot.

Unfortunately it didn't work quite as well in the Hearts final :-(

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Our buses were coming from Fife and got caught in traffic on the bridge. 12.30 and there was no sign of them. Eventually turned up just before 1, most folk had been in the pub since about 9. Fired through and driver just dumped us at Hampden and said 'find me later'.

Great day and we were pretty much unplayable.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-03-2017, 08:25 AM
With a high speed Cup Parade to enjoy

Yeah I remember the bus flying past, quickest I've ever seen an LRT bus move

Always thought the driver was a jambo

Was there ever an official unofficial crowd number for the parade of the league cup in 2007?

Maybe not the 150k on the 22nd May 2016 but still a great turnout

Niffy
18-03-2017, 08:30 AM
I had a fun the night before on stage at the Barras.

https://youtu.be/ajFC7GFItao

Carheenlea
18-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Yeah I remember the bus flying past, quickest I've ever seen an LRT bus move

Always thought the driver was a jambo

Was there ever an official unofficial crowd number for the parade of the league cup in 2007?

Maybe not the 150k on the 22nd May 2016 but still a great turnout

It was hard to estimate as a lot of the fans watching the bus charge round the streets were charging about the streets themselves to meet to other vantage points to see the bus before arriving at Easter Road. Turned ugly at the ground when acces was suddenly denied to the South Stand, but some inside unbolted an exit gate and I, along with hundreds of others piled in. The players were then instructed to not go to the South to show off the Cup which was ridiculous.

Auckland Hibs
18-03-2017, 08:52 AM
One of my greatest days being a Hibee - walked up to Hampden in the snow having had a really bad week before hand (friends & family lost a loved one), didn't know what to expect...

Lots of tears at FT.

:flag:

weecounty hibby
18-03-2017, 09:02 AM
My new born daughter was half way through a three month stay at Yorkhill and Stirling NICUs and I almost didn't go. My wife persuaded me to go after I had visited in the morning. Tears and snotters everywhere at full time.
Gary Caldwells twins were in the bed next to us and his wife was really nice. Said good luck and told me that both she and Gary had a real soft spot for Hibs and the SoL was the first dance at their wedding.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2017, 09:05 AM
Greatest day as a fan until 21.05.16

It was the first time I had ever seen Hibs win a major trophy and despite being 18 years of age at the time, I cried at full time and I wasn't even embarrassed.

The rendition of Sunshine on Leith at full time was a moment I'll never forget.

HibbyAndy
18-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Hard to believe that was ten years ago!! I remember it well

Mr White
18-03-2017, 11:40 AM
I watched the highlights on youtube with my son this morning. What a great day that was!

Onion
18-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Great day, reward for years of pain and for the Golden Generation. Whole day was amazing.

Keith_M
18-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Spent the night before watching The Fall put on a vintage performance aboard The Renfrew Ferry, with a performance to match from Hibs the following day. Stayed at a mates in Shawlands for what meant a short walk down to the ground. With a high speed Cup Parade to enjoy before heading back to Peebles, that was indeed one of the great weekends.

{video}

Jeez, that video could easily have been taken from my old flat. I didn't realise any of my neighbours were Hibbies

Just out of interest, where did you get it from?

ACLeith
18-03-2017, 12:16 PM

As will Alan Combe 😳