PDA

View Full Version : Another kick in the teeth for Hearts fc

Hibby soldier
17-03-2017, 08:11 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/callum-paterson-won-t-sign-new-hearts-contract-1-4396414

3pm
17-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Good lad, Callum.

West lower
17-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Cathro must have been on his laptop today and found the word "situation ".

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Good player to be fair. Hearts have missed him badly

AltheHibby
17-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Glad they didn't treat JC as well. :-)

tamig
17-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Cathro must have been on his laptop today and found the word "situation ".

That's a hell of a lot of situations.

This was my favourite bit;

"We have suffered the [injury] situation we have suffered. It’s a horrible situation for him."

Mikey
17-03-2017, 09:06 PM
The bigger problem for them is that Jack Hamilton HAS signed a new contract :greengrin

Diclonius
17-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Link is down?

Jones28
17-03-2017, 09:16 PM
They surely should have sold him in the summer. A player with a year left is never going to sign a new deal.

Haha 🖕🏻

hibbysam
17-03-2017, 10:49 PM
They surely should have sold him in the summer. A player with a year left is never going to sign a new deal.

Haha 🖕🏻

Unless your a club like Hibs and your player is called Jason Cummings. A class act who wanted to improve himself but also make sure Hibs got a decent whack for him when he goes. If it was anyone else I'd berate the player for being selfish, but seeing as it's Hearts then it is utter wonderful.

sleeping giant
17-03-2017, 10:56 PM
He could do a job ..

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Glad they didn't treat JC as well. :-)

:agree:

17-03-2017, 11:16 PM
"Hearts will be due between £400,000 and £450,000 in training compensation once he joins a new team."

Of course they'll do the right thing and give Heriot Watt £145k of it.

Deansy
17-03-2017, 11:19 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/callum-paterson-won-t-sign-new-hearts-contract-1-4396414

Shocker - Jambo wi brains .................... well - common sense !

Jim44
17-03-2017, 11:32 PM
"Hearts will be due between £400,000 and £450,000 in training compensation once he joins a new team."

What exactly is training compensation?

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Wonder if Lennon could persuade him to come to Hibs. Would be a good addition to the squad and playing in cup finals etc would put him in shop window. Then again he'd find it hard to break in to our team.

17-03-2017, 11:44 PM
I heard hertz let him go because they couldn't afford to reconstruct his facial hair.

17-03-2017, 11:47 PM

Good question. I'm guessing it would be their justification for slapping on a fee i.e. "we nursed him back to health and now he's ditching us and going elsewhere so his new club can pay for his rehab." But £50k for each month out?....at it!

GreenCastle
17-03-2017, 11:51 PM

Surely the training fees going towards Heriot Watt for all the money they supposedly never paid in the past to use the facilities ?

I actually thought Paterson isn't as bad as some of the other yams such as Walker and Nicholson - seems to have his head screwed on and realises the future at Hearts isn't great.

guthrie01
17-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Wonder if Lennon could persuade him to come to Hibs. Would be a good additiona to the squad and playing in cup finals etc would put him in shop window. Then again he'd find it hard to break in to our team.

Don't see that happening at all.

He is looking for a team down south and should find a team no bother, decent skilled player.

Just glad Hearts won't be getting money from him

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2017, 12:04 AM
I'm still keen to know where the £400-450k is being arrived at. It seems like an EEN figure much like £5m for Andy Driver.

I'd have thought £400-450k was about top whack for him tbh.

RoYO!
18-03-2017, 12:33 AM
He's a young player who they developed and will get a fee no matter what- Even tho he is out of contract. Think that's what it means anyway!

Pete
18-03-2017, 02:04 AM
He's a young player who they developed and will get a fee no matter what- Even tho he is out of contract. Think that's what it means anyway!

I think it applies to any player under 24 who rejects a contract at the club that developed them. I totally agree with the principle but figures aren't set in stone.

Dundee United actually had to pay Rangers nearly 200k for Charlie Telfer, even though he moved to get first team football and Down South, Aaron Cresswell cost Ipswich the same amount from Tranmere. Edit: it was a bit more but anywhere near 400-450k.

God knows how they work it out but 400k seems incredibly high unless the journalist knows something. It's Barry Anderson so I'm assuming he's just made it up.

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 02:09 AM
I'm still keen to know where the £400-450k is being arrived at. It seems like an EEN figure much like £5m for Andy Driver.

I'd have thought £400-450k was about top whack for him tbh.

Hes clearly a good player. I would be disappointed with 450 tbh.

southern hibby
18-03-2017, 02:10 AM
Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here but if a player goes across the border does the development fee not get binned like what happened when we got Donald Clayton from York?

GGTTH

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 02:10 AM
Unless your a club like Hibs and your player is called Jason Cummings. A class act who wanted to improve himself but also make sure Hibs got a decent whack for him when he goes. If it was anyone else I'd berate the player for being selfish, but seeing as it's Hearts then it is utter wonderful.

Weve been done before in same way by Riordan. Was beyond gutted when that happened.

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 02:11 AM
Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here but if a player goes across the border does the development fee not get binned like what happened when we got Donald Clayton from York?

GGTTH

Clayton Donaldson?
Was he even under 23?
Honestly not sure what rule was then.

southern hibby
18-03-2017, 02:16 AM
Clayton Donaldson?
Was he even under 23?
Honestly not sure what rule was then.

Not sure can't really remember but do remember York were not exactly happy they never got anything from us for him.

GGTTH

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 02:21 AM
Not sure can't really remember but do remember York were not exactly happy they never got anything from us for him.

GGTTH

Rings a bell.
Cant find anything on line other than that it was a pre contract.

southern hibby
18-03-2017, 02:27 AM
And for the purists on here reference spelling names etc yes I f cked up. Just googled him and think he joined us when 23 so thought because he was under 24 a development fee was due, but ( if my memory Is correct) we got out of that because cross border transfers didn't count.

Not saying rule is the same nowadays but imagine poor Ann and her diehards getting told sorry but your getting nowt. Could just imagine the comments of being robbed mugged off etc.

GGTTH

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 02:37 AM
And for the purists on here reference spelling names etc yes I f cked up. Just googled him and think he joined us when 23 so thought because he was under 24 a development fee was due, but ( if my memory Is correct) we got out of that because cross border transfers didn't count.

Not saying rule is the same nowadays but imagine poor Ann and her diehards getting told sorry but your getting nowt. Could just imagine the comments of being robbed mugged off etc.

GGTTH

Wasnt having a go!
There def was something going in with that transfer.
As an aside Clayton scored possibly the least impressive hat trick i have ever seen at ER.

southern hibby
18-03-2017, 02:39 AM
Wasnt having a go!
As an aside Clayton scored possibly the least impressive hat trick i have ever seen at ER.

Never thought for one minute you were.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2017, 03:43 AM
I like Callum P right now.

Is It On....
18-03-2017, 08:20 AM

Haha 🖕🏻

On that basis we should be looking to sell SJM this summer?

Is It On....
18-03-2017, 08:24 AM

GGTTH

That's what I thought. Isn't it the reason Celtic got Dembele so cheaply?

Allant1981
18-03-2017, 08:26 AM
On that basis we should be looking to sell SJM this summer?

doesnt his contract have 2 years still to go?

Is It On....
18-03-2017, 08:30 AM
doesnt his contract have 2 years still to go?

Indeed. I misread the post as not wanting to let someone have a year left on his contract 🙄

Thecat23
18-03-2017, 08:34 AM
He's defo had talks with someone, I think he'll head along the M8 myself and join Celtic.

BSEJVT
18-03-2017, 08:39 AM
This was always going to happen

I heard from someone who knows a lot of the Hearts players that he was absolutely furious that they wouldn't let him go to Wigan as it would have increased his wages virtually tenfold.

When they refused that deal he made it clear to all and sundry that he wouldn't be signing a new deal at the PBS.

green day
18-03-2017, 08:49 AM
This was always going to happen

I heard from someone who knows a lot of the Hearts players that he was absolutely furious that they wouldn't let him go to Wigan as it would have increased his wages virtually tenfold.

When they refused that deal he made it clear to all and sundry that he wouldn't be signing a new deal at the PBS.

Not surprising.

There is a reasonable way to deal with employees (be they footballers or in other professions) and treating them as a cash cow for the club without recognising the players needs and ambitions isn't reasonable.

I would be certain that when we re-signed JC in the summer, while he would have got a decent bump in salary there would be an understanding (or maybe even a clause at a certain level?) that when the really big offer comes along that he leaves with Hibs best wishes and gets himself that life changing cash along the lines you describe above.

Its a relationship and if the player thinks he is being used (Presumably like Paterson does) then he can quite reasonably sit it out and move. If we treated a player that way I would be questioning our strategy.

calumhibee1
18-03-2017, 11:36 AM
That's what I thought. Isn't it the reason Celtic got Dembele so cheaply?

This is the impression I was under. Celtic got Dembele for about the same figure that's being quoted for Paterson. If he had went somewhere in England he'd have cost significantly more. I'm presuming the compensation fee is based on the players wages or something along those lines so for a cross border free transfer I'd have thought they would have got about 80k as I'm presuming Paterson isn't on more than about 2k and Dembele would have been on about 10k at Fulham?

Jack Hackett
18-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Found this

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/05/the-calculation-of-training-compensation-in-football-part-1/

Keith_M
18-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Good question. I'm guessing it would be their justification for slapping on a fee i.e. "we nursed him back to health and now he's ditching us and going elsewhere so his new club can pay for his rehab." But £50k for each month out?....at it!

The 450k figure is simple, the article was written by Banderson.

This is the same guy that wrote that Hearts were due 950k for a one year sponsorship deal, when the actual figure was roughly 10% of that.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Hes clearly a good player. I would be disappointed with 450 tbh.

He's a decent player and is out of contract. I don't think that means you get full price for him when you sell him?

It all comes down to how much Celtic are willing to pay anyway.

overdrive
18-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Wasnt having a go!

Was it not that there was a different (younger) age limit for cross border transfers? I think he was in the gap so York would have got a fee had he gone to an English club but not if he went to a Scottish one.

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 07:57 PM
He's a decent player and is out of contract. I don't think that means you get full price for him when you sell him?

It all comes down to how much Celtic are willing to pay anyway.

Ha! Could well end up there.
You are probably right on the value point as well.
But all that really proves is that the system is wrong.

Mantis Toboggan
18-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Was it not that there was a different (younger) age limit for cross border transfers? I think he was in the gap so York would have got a fee had he gone to an English club but not if he went to a Scottish one.

That does sound right but the actual facts appear to be lost forever.
Anyway we got rid of Clayton far too quickly. Went on to prove himself as a good Championship goalscorer since.

SMAXXA
18-03-2017, 08:24 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUQq4PObvk

Quite enjoyed his

calumhibee1
19-03-2017, 08:43 PM

Quite enjoyed his

His one from the cup replay is good. He actually does a good job of them.. the clips of the goals from the cup game are great!

jacomo
19-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Why would he be discussing his contract situation with Cathro?

Deansy
20-03-2017, 09:05 AM

Quite enjoyed his

'Hopefully we get the win'

Ah, the innocence of youth ...................

IWasThere2016
20-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Celtc very interested

Billy Whizz
20-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Celtc very interested

Paterson or the wee lad🤣