PDA

View Full Version : How much has this nonsense cost?

Captain Trips
17-03-2017, 05:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39304910

I mean really wtf will it cost to charge these folk with running about and pushing a few folk.

The amount of time and money that must have gone into this would be understandable if some really serious charges were on ie stabbings or the likes. All these folk will be told to behave and move on.

I cannot believe they are still on at this pish. Im sure plenty of folk know who some of these folk are in the photos and are not arsed, just give it a rest and go sort out some real crime.

silverhibee
17-03-2017, 05:35 PM
:faf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39304910

Haymaker
17-03-2017, 05:37 PM
FFS, they refused to collect their medals.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-03-2017, 05:43 PM
330 Is defo Kris Boyd, I'm going to Wallace them an email.

Albanian Hibs
17-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Majority are huns

Captain Trips
17-03-2017, 05:47 PM
330 Is defo Kris Boyd, I'm going to Wallace them an email.

I see The Emperor from Star Wars was at the match. 328.

H18 SFR
17-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Majority are huns

Certainly looks like it.

Pete
17-03-2017, 05:54 PM
How many images have they released now?

I'll be sending them an email alright.

Pathetic, petty little country we live in sometimes.

djs69
17-03-2017, 05:55 PM
They are a joke....nearly a year ago FFS

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-03-2017, 05:56 PM
I see The Emperor from Star Wars was at the match. 328.I'm just glad that 345 managed to get over his anorexia, must have been close!

WoreTheGreen
17-03-2017, 05:57 PM
How many images have they released now?

I'll be sending them an email alright.

Pathetic, petty little country we live in sometimes.

I've heard 8 detectives on it full time since the final

frazeHFC
17-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Complete waste of resources. Most of them seem to be going to court and getting dropped after a few visits.

Hezbelle
17-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Would a Freedom of Information request detail time and money spent on this nonsense? Fair enough get the ones fighting but the more pictures that some out the sillier it gets.

marinello59
17-03-2017, 06:15 PM
What a waste of money. Our politicians should be asking what this is costing and just how is it in the public interest to keep this investigation going.

Mr White
17-03-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm just glad that 345 managed to get over his anorexia, must have been close!

Looks like a blow up doll of Michael Stewart that's been over inflated.

Mr White
17-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Plenty more cards for the deluxe version of the hibby or hun boardgame.

Hezbelle
17-03-2017, 06:22 PM
317 looks like he's having a grand day out!

hibeedonald
17-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Would a Freedom of Information request detail time and money spent on this nonsense? Fair enough get the ones fighting but the more pictures that some out the sillier it gets.

Not a bad idea

Baldy Foghorn
17-03-2017, 06:26 PM
338 is Kenny Miller

WoreTheGreen
17-03-2017, 06:50 PM
347 Lee elbows 295 Phill Mitchell

El Gubbz
17-03-2017, 06:55 PM

They will only tell you they don't have the time or resources to reply to your FOI. More pressing matters...

snooky
17-03-2017, 06:58 PM
FFS, let's put this to bed and name them all so we can move on.
I know at least five of these guys.

318 Scott Allan
321 Jack Nicholson
327 Ally McCoist
340 Gerry Adams
351 Norman Wisdom

Off the bar
17-03-2017, 07:00 PM
316 looks like Pat Fenlon has let himself go a bit

RoYO!
17-03-2017, 07:05 PM
457 is clearly the mastermind.

He's about 8 years old!

Captain Trips
17-03-2017, 07:13 PM
367 even the ref is involved

SmashinGlass
17-03-2017, 07:14 PM
My mate is on this release. He literally went onto the pitch, wandered around and celebrated and then came back up to where we were sitting. Lucky if he was on the pitch for 2 minutes. He's already handed himself in and is waiting on a visit from plod. I'm keen to see what he is allegef to have done as I never lost sight of him when he was on the pitch and he done nothing worthy of being questioned by the police. Utterly ridiculous waste of resources.

vincipernoi
17-03-2017, 07:16 PM
361 - liam neeson - about to manifest a very particular set of skills

401 - lee Wallace going to grass himself up

333 - seems to be a member of the Wehrmacht who hasn't heard the wars over

Fife-Hibee
17-03-2017, 07:21 PM
328 looks like Quasimodo 😂😂😂

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-03-2017, 07:25 PM
"Thousands of hibs fans" and "hundreds of rangers fans"

They love to feed us this line at every opportunity yet looking at the picture, at least 75% of them appear to be rangers fans?

Why's that?

snooky
Soon be over. I got a few more.
322 Wilko Johnson
323 Ford Kiernan
334 Charlie Reid (sorry to shop you, Charlie - you could always claim it wis yur brother)
335 Darren McGregor (sorry, Daz)
336 Gordon Strachan
345 Ricky Skaggs
401 Alan Hanson

Hope the roz get them all (except 334 & 335, of course).

NORTHERNHIBBY
Maybe it is the real reason why The Rangers players couldn't pick up winners medals that is keeping this one going?

Mr White
17-03-2017, 07:31 PM
The longer it goes on like this the easier it is to believe there's some truth to the rumour that a lot of police left the ground shortly after Halliday scored to take up position on the route to Ibrox and that this continuing investigation is an attempt to keep attention away from that.

overdrive
17-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Good to see Callum Booth supporting us (#317)

iwasthere1972
17-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Wonder when the reconstruction will be on Crime watch?

10,000 extras required.

What a waste of money. Most of what happened on the pitch was handbags.

Deansy
17-03-2017, 07:34 PM
336 is either Gordon Strachan's son or love-child

338 is merely tying his laces and had to take his top off and run onto the pitch to do it - a problem hundreds of others had, too !

tamig
17-03-2017, 07:52 PM
"Thousands of hibs fans" and "hundreds of rangers fans"

They love to feed us this line at every opportunity yet looking at the picture, at least 75% of them appear to be rangers fans?

Why's that?

To be fair, there is no doubt that there were thousands of Hibs fans and only hundreds of hun on the pitch. The difference being that the majority of their few hundred were only there for aggro.

Mick O'Rourke
17-03-2017, 07:57 PM
This witch hunt is totally unprecedented in the annuls of Scottish football.
I have been to a few old firm games (past tense,i know;-) back in the day.
What went on at Hampden last May was playground stuff compared to what i have witnessed at Glasgow Derbies !
In fact, visits to Ibrox (for Hibs fans) over decades have seen more violence.

Most of the reporting of the events at Hampden over the past 10 months or so, has mostly laid the blame at Hibernian fans.
Incredible, but not surprising,i suppose.
Traynor and Jackson made sure of that,with their lies.
They certainly got the boot in early!
Lies posted online, accusing Hibernian fans of mass assaults against Rangers staff and players.

All scribed before Lord David Gray of Edinburgh.Leith and all the Lothians had lifted the trophy and the magic hat was at Glasgow Airport checking in for his Florida flight.

Even when it was obvious those that committed the more "serious" crimes were not Hibs fans.
"We" still got most of the blame.
Some in the press were even calling for Hibs to be stripped of the Cup and booted out of this seasons competition !

Police Scotland, aka The Glesga polis, got caught with their pants down before the end of the game.
The dogs in the streets of Rutherglen knew that the pitch would have been invaded had Hibernian scored a late winner.
The aisles were full of fans after Stokes got the equaliser.
The stadium commander(police) must have seen this on cctv
Yet, most of the cops left the ground before Anthony scored, let alone our late winner,possibly on their way to Govan to join in the "celebrations".

Why is someone at Holyrood not asking the question?
What is really going on here with all this ?
And what is the financial cost?

ian cruise
17-03-2017, 08:06 PM

Get on to your local MSP and ask them to raise the question at Holyrood, if enough people do it it has to be raised surely? Currently it's just a, massive waste of public resources

greenlex
17-03-2017, 08:08 PM
To be fair, there is no doubt that there were thousands of Hibs fans and only hundreds of hun on the pitch. The difference being that the majority of their few hundred were only there for aggro.

Nope. You are wrong. Each and every one of the Rangers fans on the pitch were looking for a scrap. They had no other business being there. Fact.

chasitup
17-03-2017, 08:16 PM
You can always ask the question, ceu@gov.scot for a request. Would be interesting to know and why is this ongoing when it's not really in the public interest.

tamig
17-03-2017, 08:21 PM
This witch hunt is totally unprecedented in the annuls of Scottish football.
I have been to a few old firm games (past tense,i know;-) back in the day.
What went on at Hampden last May was playground stuff compared to what i have witnessed at Glasgow Derbies !
In fact, visits to Ibrox (for Hibs fans) over decades have seen more violence.

Most of the reporting of the events at Hampden over the past 10 months or so, has mostly laid the blame at Hibernian fans.
Incredible, but not surprising,i suppose.
Traynor and Jackson made sure of that,with their lies.
They certainly got the boot in early!
Lies posted online, accusing Hibernian fans of mass assaults against Rangers staff and players.

All scribed before Lord David Gray of Edinburgh.Leith and all the Lothians had lifted the trophy and the magic hat was at Glasgow Airport checking in for his Florida flight.

Even when it was obvious those that committed the more "serious" crimes were not Hibs fans.
"We" still got most of the blame.
Some in the press were even calling for Hibs to be stripped of the Cup and booted out of this seasons competition !

Police Scotland, aka The Glesga polis, got caught with their pants down before the end of the game.
The dogs in the streets of Rutherglen knew that the pitch would have been invaded had Hibernian scored a late winner.
The aisles were full of fans after Stokes got the equaliser.
The stadium commander(police) must have seen this on cctv
Yet, most of the cops left the ground before Anthony scored, let alone our late winner,possibly on their way to Govan to join in the "celebrations".

Has anybody contacted their MSP yet - as the question needs to be asked in parliament. Ludicrous waste of public money.

SirDavidsNapper
17-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Taxpayers money going to good use i see

Mick O'Rourke
17-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Although i too posed the question regards Holyrood.
I have not contacted my MSP.
I will now though.
Maybe Councillor Gordon Munro, who was a candidate in the recent Hibs rep.elections, can raise it too.
Maybe he could lobby a Hibernian minded MSP to raise the issue;-)

Find your MSP
http://www.parliament.scot/msps.aspx

ian cruise
17-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Although i too posed the question regards Holyrood.
I have not contacted my MSP.
I will now though.
Maybe Councillor Gordon Munro, who was a candidate in the recent Hibs rep.elections, can raise it too.
Maybe he could lobby a Hibernian minded MSP to raise the issue;-)

Although it seems that the witchfinder generals are Glasgow based.
Its Edinburgh police that are chapping the doors in the Capital.

It's all one police force now though so the location of where the operation is based from doesn't matter. About time this was halted and we got answers about how much it's cost the tax payer.

johnbc70
17-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I emailed my MSP, was not in the slightly bit interested.

Complete joke.

I asked Police Scotland how this was still in the publics interest to pursue these individuals, no reply.

Mick O'Rourke
17-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Indeed, Ian
Its why i edited the post;-)
I anticipated such a response;-)

I do state Police Scotland in my initial post!

However.....
Maybe if the investigation was not based in Glasgow, this witch hunt would not be continuing.
It would have been mostly "glesga polis" at Hampden!
The whole saga surely embarrassed them.
The consequences could of course have been much worse, had they not brought in the cavalry.

Captain Trips
17-03-2017, 09:07 PM
No 666

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/22/article-2511564-00290D8400000258-857_472x423.jpg

Squealing pig
17-03-2017, 09:40 PM
328 Roy cropper

snooky
17-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Surely if you were the Glasgow Polis you would rather be out nabbing thieves and murderers than being forced to watch videos of your team getting humped every single day for almost a year, and counting?
I suspect this continuing investigation is rooted in Leith and is just a vile and tasteless practical joke being played on their western counterparts.

hibby6270
17-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Where's Wally?

gordonced18
17-03-2017, 10:26 PM
316 (King) Billy Bunter

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
17-03-2017, 10:38 PM
No 3232 Accused of running riot:

http://cdn3-i.hitc-s.com/286/anthony_stokes_celebrates_after_scoring_the_first_ goal_for_hiber_162808.jpg

silverhibee
17-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Surely if you were the Glasgow Polis you would rather be out nabbing thieves and murderers than being forced to watch videos of your team getting humped every single day for almost a year, and counting?
I suspect this continuing investigation is rooted in Leith and is just a vile and tasteless practical joke being played on their western counterparts.

If true that 8 detectives are being used to investigate this ongoing nonsense then if i stayed in Glasgow i would be fuming, there just happens to be gang warfare through the West with shootings becoming a daily thing as gangsters run amok shooting stabbing and attacking businesses that are owned by gangsters, but lets go after Hibs and The West of Scotland fans who were a bit naughty for 15 minutes 10 months ago. F***ing joke.

SloopJB
17-03-2017, 10:52 PM
My mate is on this release. He literally went onto the pitch, wandered around and celebrated and then came back up to where we were sitting. Lucky if he was on the pitch for 2 minutes. He's already handed himself in and is waiting on a visit from plod. I'm keen to see what he is allegef to have done as I never lost sight of him when he was on the pitch and he done nothing worthy of being questioned by the police. Utterly ridiculous waste of resources.
He should advise the authorities that he did not intend to go onto the pitch but in fear of his own safety from the crush of supporters behind him, he felt going on to the pitch was safer than trying to remain where he was. He then waited for opportune moment to return to his seat.

everyone should say the same.

Bishop Hibee
18-03-2017, 12:24 AM
I heard the criteria the polis are using for Hibs fans being contacted is whether they crossed the half way line or not! Surely can't be right? Witch hunt.

Smartie
18-03-2017, 02:09 AM
I'm pretty sure I muttered an expletive under my breath when Halliday's shot hit the net.

If the truth be told, I can feel the net starting to close in.

I was lucky to get away with it for so long.

southern hibby
18-03-2017, 02:42 AM
295, has to be Ross Kemp doing a documentary on football, Hun Style.

GGTTH

hibbie02
18-03-2017, 09:17 AM

http://cdn3-i.hitc-s.com/286/anthony_stokes_celebrates_after_scoring_the_first_ goal_for_hiber_162808.jpg

Nice! :wink:

oldbutdim
18-03-2017, 09:54 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a pic released of the 'suit' who aimed a kick at a young Hibs fan. Have I missed it or was he so easily identified that he's already in the jail?

OtleyHibs
18-03-2017, 09:57 AM

This is what gets me, everyone has had a dig at the police about what happened that day and no one has asked questions of the real culprits for trouble that day.

This individual ran onto the pitch on fire for the duration of the match and no one seemed to even attempt to do anything about it, where were the bloody fire brigade?????? : )

snooky
18-03-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a pic released of the 'suit' who aimed a kick at a young Hibs fan. Have I missed it or was he so easily identified that he's already in the jail?

Very true. Surely that one hasn't slipped through the dragnet? He was probably the easiest one to identify and the incident was captured plain as day on video. Methinks he may have had a hat on before the attack. :wink:

half.time.draw.
18-03-2017, 10:37 AM
322 is Justin Bieber FACT!

Still Smiling
18-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Waste of police resources. Anyone else feel there is lack of police in their local area? Where are the priorities?

Pretty Boy
18-03-2017, 01:25 PM
What an utter waste of time and money.

How is tracing and convicting these people on the public interest?

fat freddy
18-03-2017, 01:31 PM
my brother is amongst the latest batch, bit over the top as he was only running about like a loony with his camera phone filming everything, he had no idea that he was in the midst of a few fights until he looked at the footage later on, doubt it will go further as the picture isnt good enough to provide a definite ID, I only recognised it was him due to the clothes he was wearing, from now on he will be known by the number that police scotland have given him. This could be fun

snooky
18-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Soon be over. I got a few more.
322 Wilko Johnson
323 Ford Kiernan
334 Charlie Reid (sorry to shop you, Charlie - you could always claim it wis yur brother)
335 Darren McGregor (sorry, Daz)
336 Gordon Strachan
345 Ricky Skaggs
401 Alan Hanson

Hope the roz get them all (except 334 & 335, of course).

my brother is amongst the latest batch, bit over the top as he was only running about like a loony with his camera phone filming everything, he had no idea that he was in the midst of a few fights until he looked at the footage later on, doubt it will go further as the picture isnt good enough to provide a definite ID, I only recognised it was him due to the clothes he was wearing, from now on he will be known by the number that police scotland have given him. This could be fun

Are you Charlie or Craig?

Since90+2
18-03-2017, 02:13 PM

If he is identified what would they charge him with? It's not illegal to be on the pitch so if he was not involved in any fighting or over the top "goading" I can't see what he could possibly be charged with.

NZ Green
18-03-2017, 02:47 PM
357 looks like VHS footage of a Commodore 64 - how can an image like that stand up in court? I've seen more pixels on a Nokia 3210.

RIP
18-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Kezia Dugdale lives near the stadium. She is an MSP and would not be shy at having a go at Police Scotland wasting taxpayers money.

BullsCloseHibs
18-03-2017, 08:55 PM
I've watched folk getting a real battering in full view of Police at football games and either a blind eye is turned or they get told to move on. Cctv would probably have captured it too.

Total and absolute ignorance we have now with the Hampden nonsense.

Police Scotland are a total embarrassment to themselves. Utter hypocrites.

fat freddy
18-03-2017, 10:28 PM
If he is identified what would they charge him with? It's not illegal to be on the pitch so if he was not involved in any fighting or over the top "goading" I can't see what he could possibly be charged with.

He admits that Police Scotland might have some success if they charge him with 'Mild Goading with an offensive scarf' but he is willing to enter into a plea bargain to save the courts wasting time and plead guilty to the lesser charge of 'Extreme Smiling with intent'

mca
18-03-2017, 11:18 PM
What is the Arrest Stats.. of Hibs v Huns.. Most of the pics Look Like Huns.. They Seem Hell Bent on Chasing their own..

hibbiedon
19-03-2017, 03:49 PM
334 is one of the proclaimers

--------
20-03-2017, 01:16 PM
334 is one of the proclaimers

Nah, it's both of them. Charlie's standing directly behind Craig.

McSwanky
20-03-2017, 01:29 PM
321 - Shaun Ryder
323 - Hugh Dallas
327 - Billy Dodds

Seriously though, when does this nonsense come to an end? And why are the BBC still even reporting on it?

ALF TUPPER
20-03-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm just glad that 345 managed to get over his anorexia, must have been close!

Yeah. 😂
He ate 344 and 346 ? 🤔

Bostonhibby
20-03-2017, 02:55 PM
The Joyous expression on number 350's coupon might lead police glasgows finest detective's to conclude he's a hun, a hun who lost the cup and simultaneously lost the winning lottery ticket.

jdships
20-03-2017, 05:13 PM
in hindsight does " the end justify the means "
Methnks not when one takes into consideration the man hours used and the overall cost
Should we ask for a breakdown of the cost under " Freedom of information " ?
Sounds awfy like an " ego trip" for a bunch of " would be's"

:confused:

Smartie
20-03-2017, 05:17 PM
When justice has been done and all these rogues have been dealt with, I'll be glad to be able to go to the next Hibs v The Rangers game in peace, knowing that it will be trouble free with all these baddies well and truly dealt with.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2017, 06:28 PM
When justice has been done and all these rogues have been dealt with, I'll be glad to be able to go to the next Hibs v The Rangers game in peace, knowing that it will be trouble free with all these baddies well and truly dealt with.
This is the problem.

Jail as many good hibbies and slap the wrist of as many hun bloaters and half wits as you want but as the daily record highlighted to the nation it was west of Scotland FC and Scottish cup supporter who invaded from the the rangers end and until each and every one of them are hunted down and sent back to norn irn no one in Scotland can sleep safely.

Eyrie
20-03-2017, 08:23 PM
I'd assume that all the serious offenders (fighting, child abduction) would have been first to be sought and dealt with, so it's likely Police Glasgow are now at the stage of looking for those accused of "not being suitably supportive of the Lying King" (West of Scotland Scottish Cup fans) or of "smiling with intent to celebrate" (Hibs fans).

So any freedom of information request should focus on just how insignificant the "crimes" now being pursued are.