PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BEHIND THE GOALS UPDATE

RSS Bot
16-03-2017, 02:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7384)

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Fans not coming 1st as per.

Why was this NHS thing not done in the South Stand.

Carheenlea
16-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Membership for the Hibs Club could see a boost if, as looks likely, the fans bar facility shuts for good.

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 02:17 PM
So now we know. Rumour has it that Wimpey Homes have been offered one half of the playing surface as we only make use of it every other week.

Keith_M
16-03-2017, 02:26 PM
What's the current status of the Loch Inn? Last time I went past there (admittedly a while back) it was closed.

Would be a good place to have a Hibs Pub that's open every day, if the club were interested in moving in that direction.

ancient hibee
16-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Edinburgh City are there.
Most of us will have a shudder at the thought of Hibs getting involved in pub running again.

Hibs90
16-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I find this bizarre, surely BTG is a good source of income for the club? :confused:

livi hibs 1875
16-03-2017, 02:32 PM
I find this bizarre, surely BTG is a good source of income for the club? :confused:

On match day it's great , but it's only 1 day a fortnight

scott7_0(Prague)
16-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Fans not coming 1st as per.

Why was this NHS thing not done in the South Stand.

Eh.

Fans were not supporting it by the looks of it.

Better to be financially better off than run a loss just for a few hundred to get a pint in the stadium.

I am sure in the longer term something will be introduced.

Kojock
16-03-2017, 02:34 PM
What's the current status of the Loch Inn? Last time I went past there (admittedly a while back) it was closed.

Would be a good place to have a Hibs Pub that's open every day, if the club were interested in moving in that direction.

As said Edinburgh City opened it as their social club. Members only but it only costs £20 per year. Being a member you get 15p off a pint which brings it down to £2.95. Get all the live football on TVs that are actually watchable. I was a BTG regular for years but the place was such a shambles we moved to the Loch Inn.

ancient hibee
16-03-2017, 02:38 PM
And does it open every day?

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2017, 02:40 PM

How much is the health hub bringing in?

Kojock
16-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Eh.

Better to be financially better off than run a loss just for a few hundred to get a pint in the stadium.

Fans were and still are supporting it hence the reason for closing the doors at 2pm as it has reached its capacity. As for opening after the match it used to be really busy but due to incompetent staff and mismanagement massive queues started to form and it could take up to 25 minutes to get served. People started going elsewhere.

As for pie not, nobody can doubt it is a quality product but it's not the fare for your average supporter.

B.H.F.C
16-03-2017, 02:45 PM

No doubt they make a few quid out of it every few weeks.

I'm pretty sure the new arrangement will make them more though, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

green&left
16-03-2017, 02:48 PM

No idea but i'd imagine rent from the entire floor will be more than the takings from a few pints 20 odd weeks a year.

I know it served its purpose for those with kids etc but the few times i was in BTG the lager was pish. Plenty good pubs on Easter Road and Leith Walk that will serve you a good pint and will be delighted for your custom.

Guess away to offset any loses would be to allow a pint in the concourse like England but as a nation we're no doubt decades away from that yet (apperently) :rolleyes:

Kojock
16-03-2017, 02:50 PM

We will probably never know but there is no doubt it will be bringing in more revenue than BTG. However BTG was part of numerous supporters match day experience and contingency plans should have been in place to open a similar facility.

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2017, 02:50 PM
A few more bar staff would have enabled them to sell more beer, we used to use it all the time but gave up do to the time it took to get served.

Although saying that, we were served very quickly the last time we went in, but only had one drink, as the queue was 30 foot long when we wanted another, so left without buying one.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 02:53 PM
No idea but i'd imagine rent from the entire floor will be more than the takings from a few pints 20 odd weeks a year.

I know it served its purpose for those with kids etc but the few times i was in BTG the lager was pish. Plenty good pubs on Easter Road and Leith Walk that will serve you a good pint and will be delighted for your custom.

I agree. Its not been great in there this season. I've gone in there before most matches over the past few years but I won't miss it that much. There are plenty of other places to go.

Kojock
16-03-2017, 02:55 PM
I agree. Its not been great in there this season. I've gone in there before most matches over the past few years but I won't miss it that much. There are plenty of other places to go.

But that's the point with some better management the place could / should have been an excellent facility.

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Eh.

Really, it was packed out any time i have been in BTG.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2017, 03:01 PM
I suggested a while back, to the club when I was at ER, that they should just ditch the crap draught beer and go down the bottle bar route.

Would enable even the most undertrained of bar staff to serve relatively quickly, the quality would be consistent and it's less work.

Perhaps it's something that can be looked at when/if the club decide to do something else with a supporters bar.

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 03:01 PM
But that's the point with some better management the place could / should have been an excellent facility.

:agree:

Stevie Reid
16-03-2017, 03:05 PM
I suggested a while back, to the club when I was at ER, that they should just ditch the crap draught beer and go down the bottle bar route.

Would enable even the most undertrained of bar staff to serve relatively quickly, the quality would be consistent and it's less work.

Perhaps it's something that can be looked at when/if the club decide to do something else with a supporters bar.

That's a great idea - stopped going BTG years ago as the draught beer was awful. Isn't easy to maintain beer lines that are so rarely used as well. Packaged beers would be much better - and, as you say, quicker.

Radium
16-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Is there not space for a floor to be added in the East?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Really, it was packed out any time i have been in BTG.

I agree, you can't satisfy everyone but it would be a great shame if the facility was lost.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 03:33 PM

Possibly. However it looks like the club are going to get income from that space now 52 weeks of the year instead of for a couple of hours every fortnight, more money for the team.

Bishop Hibee
16-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Unfortunate for those who use it but no loss to me. The beer and food are poor and overpriced. Please don't come to Robbies though as it's mobbed now with the larger crowds as it is 😉

Keith_M
16-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Edinburgh City are there.
Most of us will have a shudder at the thought of Hibs getting involved in pub running again.

As said Edinburgh City opened it as their social club. Members only but it only costs £20 per year. Being a member you get 15p off a pint which brings it down to £2.95. Get all the live football on TVs that are actually watchable. I was a BTG regular for years but the place was such a shambles we moved to the Loch Inn.

Thanks for the info.

:aok:

ColinNish
16-03-2017, 04:01 PM

Is it members only on Hibs matchdays? Last time i passed it was stowed out with Hibees.

Albanian Hibs
16-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Is it members only on Hibs matchdays? Last time i passed it was stowed out with Hibees.

Yes members only

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Possibly. However it looks like the club are going to get income from that space now 52 weeks of the year instead of for a couple of hours every fortnight, more money for the team.

Is it not used for functions during the week.

Beefster
16-03-2017, 05:05 PM
It's a bit rich for Hibs to claim that BTG wasn't used fully when it was ST holders only. It certainly didn't feel like that when customers were having to queue for 15 minutes to get served or couldn't get a seat after 2pm.

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Am I the only one who can see the irony in this whole thing?

From the beginning this was mooted as Hibs making underused parts of the stadium available to the local community as part of a strategy to forge closer links to it .... that seems to have grown arms and legs to become a financial venture which will be at the expense of the one community which should be most important to the club .... the Hibs support.

BTG shouldn't only be viewed from a financial point of view, perhaps if it was actually losing substantial sums of money but that doesn't appear to be the case ..... it seems it has been binned in order to make more money than it does. But IMO there was a value to be placed on it which rises above just money .... it was a facility that brought the club and the fans closer together in that there was a social side to going to Easter Road as well as just being folk who turn up to pay at the turnstiles or browse the club shop. It was a place where ordinary fans could see the Chairman or CEO and chat with them if they wanted to. It was a place where Hibs fans with young kids could go knowing their kids could be kept amused and be safe while they had a pre match pint. It was a place where out of town fans who sometimes have to arrive early to get parked could go to while away the time before the match.

For all its faults BTG was a facility that Hibs could be proud of and now it seems like there's a real danger it wont be replaced .... I for one am never confident when I see phrases like "being reviewed" in a statement, it never leads to the outcome you want in my experience.

I have to say that if BTG isn't replaced by a facility at least as good, hopefully better, then for the first time since she joined the club I will feel that we ( the support ) have been let down by Leeann Dempster.

snooky
16-03-2017, 05:16 PM
It's a bit rich for Hibs to claim that BTG wasn't used fully when it was ST holders only. It certainly didn't feel like that when customers were having to queue for 15 minutes to get served or couldn't get a seat after 2pm.

Business is business until something is required from the fans, then the business becomes 'the Hibs family'. :coffee:

Just Alf
16-03-2017, 05:20 PM

From the beginning this was mooted as Hibs making underused parts of the stadium available to the local community as part of a strategy to forge closer links to it .... that seems to have grown arms and legs to become a financial venture which will be at the expense of the one community which should be most important to the club .... the Hibs support.

BTG shouldn't only be viewed from a financial point of view, perhaps if it was actually losing substantial sums of money but that doesn't appear to be the case ..... it seems it has been binned in order to make more money than it does. But IMO there was a value to be placed on it which rises above just money .... it was a facility that brought the club and the fans closer together in that there was a social side to going to Easter Road as well as just being folk who turn up to pay at the turnstiles or browse the club shop. It was a place where ordinary fans could see the Chairman or CEO and chat with them if they wanted to. It was a place where Hibs fans with young kids could go knowing their kids could be kept amused and be safe while they had a pre match pint. It was a place where out of town fans who sometimes have to arrive early to get parked could go to while away the time before the match.

For all its faults BTG was a facility that Hibs could be proud of and now it seems like there's a real danger it wont be replaced .... I for one am never confident when I see phrases like "being reviewed" in a statement, it never leads to the outcome you want in my experience.

I have to say that if BTG isn't replaced by a facility at least as good, hopefully better, then for the first time since she joined the club I will feel that we ( the support ) have been let down by Leeann Dempster.
Good post.

I also.want add I've never used it, the tales of.long queues over the last.couple of years always put me and the rest of the guys off.... just wonder how many others were put off also?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 05:20 PM

Great post.

What I would like to know, however, is if any of the fans Working Groups have been involved in the BTG plans/discussions to date (not that i'm expecting you to know this) but hopefully someone will be able to answer the question.

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 05:23 PM

Surely the increase in season ticket sales will have been reflected to a certain extent in the increased usage of the BTG facility?

ruthven_raiders
16-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Totally agree with all that is said above....

Kojock
16-03-2017, 05:43 PM

Well said NN, they used to hold weddings, functions and Christmas Party nights there too.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Well said NN, they used to hold weddings, functions and Christmas Party nights there too.

They could still do that in the suites in the West Stand if they wanted. Couldn't they?

CockneyRebel
16-03-2017, 05:50 PM

Excellent post

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 05:50 PM

That's basically word for word what I said to Leeann on the Saturday of the Ayr game. It's a facility that doesn't necessarily have to make money in itself. Some supporters may choose not to go when this facility is removed for the reasons you state above. There are alternative plans being thought of but in my book the fans who have been going there through thick and thin over the years should have been the first priority.

We shall wait and see.

Kojock
16-03-2017, 06:02 PM
They could still do that in the suites in the West Stand if they wanted. Couldn't they?

Don't know if the configuration of the suites would be suitable

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Good post.

I also.want add I've never used it, the tales of.long queues over the last.couple of years always put me and the rest of the guys off.... just wonder how many others were put off also?

In spite of my posts on the subject I used it pretty infrequently as well, mainly because of the trek to get outside for a fag, the plastic tumblers and the impossibility of getting a seat after 1:30pm ... I'm not that concerned about the quality of the lager so long as its wet and alcoholic :greengrin

Its closure and non replacement wont particularly affect me directly, apart from perhaps making serving times and seats more of a problem in the local boozers as the BTG regulars decant to the watering holes around the stadium.

But as I've said, I think it was a facility that had great non monetary value to the club as a place that made going to ER a social experience and enhanced the connection between the club and the fans .... there's no doubt in my mind that its loss will diminish the hard work Hibs have done in the seasons since relegation to reconnect the club and the fans .... not having a supporters bar in the future will be a mistake from that point of view if you ask me.

Like I said ... it puts us back to a time where fans were just expected to turn up, pay at the turnstiles and perhaps visit the club shop .... Hibs were once again at the forefront of what has become standard practice in new stadiums being built throughout Europe in having supporters bars incorporated in the building ( it doesn't matter that that wasn't the original intention ) and taking such a backward step would be almost against the tradition this club has of being amongst the first to embrace modern thinking and attitudes.

It shouldn't be lost on our club either that a supporters bar is going to be a very likely addition to the PBS once the new stand is finished ... just sayin' like :rolleyes:

howdenthehibby
16-03-2017, 06:14 PM
There is a lot of talk about filling in the corners ! How about something temporary like a beer tent on match days.

green&left
16-03-2017, 06:15 PM

Are the behind the goals bar and forthview suite not different bars/levels? The forthview one on the upper levels with the grand chandeliers etc? Doesnt say anything about that i dont think.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Don't know if the configuration of the suites would be suitable

Pretty much the same aren't they, big rooms with a bar.

Kojock
16-03-2017, 06:17 PM

But is there a dance floor 😂

Mikey
16-03-2017, 06:21 PM
I can't remember the last time I read a post praising BTG but now it's closing folk are doing their nut :greengrin

Just Alf
16-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Sort of agree. But it's no just that though.... unfettered access to facilities, outside etc night me different?

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2017, 06:27 PM
I can't remember the last time I read a post praising BTG but now it's closing folk are doing their nut :greengrin

Aye ...... but like many things that folk complain about that doesn't mean the solution is just to get rid of them mate, at least that's what my partner tells me :greengrin

Real Emerald
Are the behind the goals bar and forthview suite not different bars/levels? The forthview one on the upper levels with the grand chandeliers etc? Doesnt say anything about that i dont think.

All the bars are closing and temporary facilities are being looked at in the West and a marquee (tent) to host the 800 supporters that use BTG at present. A supporters bar is being talked about in the East but that's all I know on that.

I don't mind an NHS hub in the unused parts of the stadium but not in place of a supportes bar. I fear that any such temporary facility is poor and a dwindling of use occurs, thus negating the need to press on with a new bar to host the 800 or so who use it now.

marinello59
But is there a dance floor 😂

I hope so. The birdie dance just wouldn't be the same if you couldn't stamp your feet on a wooden floor.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 06:28 PM

:greengrin

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 06:29 PM

It a great facility poorly run, folk criticised it because it could be so much better, not just closed!

3pm
16-03-2017, 06:29 PM
If Hibs are getting good money for it, it's a great move.

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 06:32 PM

A new Lidl would make more every day of the week, why not just close the whole stadium then?

3pm
16-03-2017, 06:42 PM
A new Lidl would make more every day of the week, why not just close the whole stadium then?

Good idea.

Onceinawhile
16-03-2017, 06:43 PM
It wasn't only used for BTG though. It was also used for professional exams during the year.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 06:47 PM

I'm not so sure next the logical step to be taken after maximising the revenue we can get from our facilities in order to put the best football team on the park that we can is shutting the club down.

WhileTheChief..
16-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Who decided to have a damn 'health hub' in our stadium?

Were the fans reps consulted? Was anyone consulted?

Were supposed to be an elite, professional football club. Looks like we're turning into a community centre that hosts Hibs games now and again.

Next up mother and baby coffee mornings where you can breast feed till your hearts content?

Jumble sales and cake bakes?

Cubs and Brownie meetings in the evenings?

bingo70
16-03-2017, 06:55 PM

Were supposed to be an elite, professional football club. Looks like we're turning into a community centre that hosts Hibs games now and again.

Next up mother and baby coffee mornings where you can breast feed till your hearts content?

What kind of cakes you talking about? You've got my attention.

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 06:58 PM
I'm not so sure next the logical step to be taken after maximising the revenue we can get from our facilities in order to put the best football team on the park that we can is shutting the club down.

It was a sarcastic remark.

The point being that making money from a facility shouldn't be the only concern. BTG may not make money (might if run better) but supporters that rely on it being there may choose to not go back. There are many reasons people need a closeby place to go/meet up pre match. Given that most of the nearer pubs have closed since BTG opened there aren't many places left to go (for 800 people).Whether this be for old timers, parents with kids, out of towners needing to park or just folk wanting a pint close to the stadium pre match. It's now part of a lot of supporters matchday experience that IMO needs to be replaced ASAP.

WhileTheChief..
16-03-2017, 07:01 PM
What kind of cakes you talking about? You've got my attention.

Are cup cakes not the done thing these days?

We could always ask our neighbours, they baked plenty to save their club :wink:

marinello59
16-03-2017, 07:05 PM
It was a sarcastic remark.

The point being that making money from a facility shouldn't be the only concern. BTG may not make money (might if run better) but supporters that rely on it being there may choose to not go back. There are many reasons people need a closeby place to go/meet up pre match. Given that most of the nearer pubs have closed since BTG opened there aren't many places left to go (for 800 people).Whether this be for old timers, parents with kids, out of towners needing to park or just folk wanting a pint close to the stadium pre match. It's now part of a lot of supporters matchday experience that IMO needs to be replaced ASAP.

I've gone in there myself before every game for the past few years. I'm just not that bothered if it keeps going or not, I'll find somewhere else to go
I'm also a dinosaur who switches off as soon as the words 'matchday experience' are used. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 07:07 PM
I agree, you can't satisfy everyone but it would be a great shame if the facility was lost.

I have several family members who are a lot older than me and that's where they meet up before games, in early to get a table and have a few beers and a chatter and in to the FF for the game, come next season that will more than likely come to a halt, they will probably just go straight to the games now, nowhere else for them to go where they will get a table to sit round and chat away, Hibs club is always busy as well and the last time i tried to get in i got a KB, and the pubs that are left open nowadays are full on match day, and most are not where you can take the kids along with you either.

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 07:10 PM
I've gone in there myself before every game for the past few years. I'm just not that bothered if it keeps going or not, I'll find somewhere else to go
I'm also a dinosaur who switches off as soon as the words 'matchday experience' are used. :greengrin

Spurs are putting in a facility at their new stadium that will allow them to serve 10,000 pints a minute to facilitate their fans. Meanwhile we're closing down a bar facility to accommodate an NHS drop in centre. Granted we could probably only manage one pint of slop a minute but this just seems a backward move.

Improve it, don't close it!

macca70
16-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Hopefully this means they make the Hibs Club members only on match days, it's been absolutely rammed the last few match days, this will make it even worse.

Brooster
16-03-2017, 07:14 PM
BTG couldve been something really special but bad management hit that on the head. I only ever went because it was Hibs, had it been anywhere else I wouldnt have returned. I stopped going recently when people (fans....the lifeblood of the club) couldnt get in despite the place being half empty at 215.

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 07:19 PM

Well said NN.

As you say a meeting point for Hibs fans before games, the wee bit in bold, i Thought BTG would be the ideal place to meet up with the fans reps as well, how will fans get to meet up with them next season, they will have to now step up with more communication on social media as unless they are going to do a tour of the local pubs on matchdays. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Maybe, but as you will know it is always a good meeting point for Hibs fans.

Bighoose
16-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Few of us would go to BTG after games, especially the times when the barriers were up after the Cat A games.

Stopped going mainly as service was so slow and after you had queued 30 minutes for your crap pint they would tell you to drink up as they were closing.

Seems a shame tho to have nothing on offer especially when as suggested simple things like a bottle bar etc would have improved the experience.

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 07:31 PM

How much are Hibs getting for it.

Lets just knock the place down and sell it to Cala homes and we can move out to somewhere close to the bypass. :greengrin

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 07:35 PM
The notion that it wasn't a popular place was a strange one to me given the number of fans who used it for their pre match pint.

3pm
16-03-2017, 07:37 PM

Lets just knock the place down and sell it to Cala homes and we can move out to somewhere close to the bypass. :greengrin

Dunno.

i'd still keep the stadium where it is.... :o)

Hibeesforever
16-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Disgraceful decision to move away from providing BTG to something related to the NHS. We are a football club for fans, not a health centre! My kids met the Chairman at BTG and it is an excellent facility for fans.

staunchhibby
16-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Once again the fans are not given any thought regarding closure of BTG.

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Once again the fans are not given any thought regarding closure of BTG.

That's what i'm trying to find out. With the various fans working groups on the go, surely the BTG project would have been raised somewhere, and if so, what was their viewpoint?

Onceinawhile
16-03-2017, 07:54 PM
We're a football club first and foremost.
The club are putting revenue first so that they can provide a better football team.

That's literally what everyone on this board has been complaining about for the past 5 years being addressed. But now it's a problem as roughly 5% of the total attendees need to walk 500 yards extra from the pub?

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 08:00 PM
We're a football club first and foremost.
The club are putting revenue first so that they can provide a better football team.

That's literally what everyone on this board has been complaining about for the past 5 years being addressed. But now it's a problem as roughly 5% of the total attendees need to walk 500 yards extra from the pub?

That's just a ridiculous statement. It's a football ground with fans facilities that are being removed. Most of the fans that go to BTG bar have been the ones propping up our club when we were getting 7k attendances. I've been taking my son there since he was a wee boy, he's now 25. What do the other dads do with their kids now it's shutting down. Some may not bother or leave the kids at home, hardly nurturing support!

Jonnyboy
16-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Bloody hell!!! "Disgrace" - "where will folk meet" - "no replacement" - "we're a football club, not a health centre" etc etc etc.

The club has a facility, the FF function rooms, that brings money in for around 40 days a year. They negotiate a deal to have that facility used 52 weeks of the year. Now I'm no financial whizkid but even I can guess the income from that facility will increase substantially. That's money coming into the club. I've been told that there will be a replacement facility at the stadium.

Maybe we should just stop the kind of speculation that implies the club doesn't care about the supporters?

Rant over

macca70
16-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Is there not a load of space in the South stand where this health hub could be accommodated?

As has already been said where do you draw the line at giving up supporters facilities to accommodate local community projects.

BoomtownHibees
16-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Bloody hell!!! "Disgrace" - "where will folk meet" - "no replacement" - "we're a football club, not a health centre" etc etc etc.

The club has a facility, the FF function rooms, that brings money in for around 40 days a year. They negotiate a deal to have that facility used 52 weeks of the year. Now I'm no financial whizkid but even I can guess the income from that facility will increase substantially. That's money coming into the club. I've been told that there will be a replacement facility at the stadium.

Maybe we should just stop the kind of speculation that implies the club doesn't care about the supporters?

Rant over

Well said

greenginger
16-03-2017, 08:23 PM
There's an area of land between the FF and the East on the corner. I had assumed that was going to be the site for the health centre.

It only seems to get used on match days to park a few cars. I'm sure something could be built there and still accommodate a seating deck in the future.

Enough said
16-03-2017, 08:24 PM
BTG is only open on match days obviously roughly 100 hours per season. The reason LD wants the business from the NHS is the agreement is for the hole year witch in turn will be roughly 400/500 grand for the club. The reason the south isn't being used is the fact the police cells are there some offices which the club use, we as a club get just under 100 grand per annum from NHS for what they use in the south stand, hence the reason they need bigger facilities it's a no brainer
for the board. I don't agree as my mates go there and so do I although it's usually back of 2 and it's rammed.

Real Emerald
16-03-2017, 08:30 PM
BTG is only open on match days obviously roughly 100 hours per season. The reason LD wants the business from the NHS is the agreement is for the hole year witch in turn will be roughly 400/500 grand for the club. The reason the south isn't being used is the fact the police cells are there some offices which the club use, we as a club get just under 100 grand per annum from NHS for what they use in the south stand, hence the reason they need bigger facilities it's a no brainer
for the board. I don't agree as my mates go there and so do I although it's usually back of 2 and it's rammed.

Surely the NHS aren't paying Hibs 500 grand a year to rent a space. They could buy and own there own place for a few years rent if that was the case. It sounds excessive in the extreme?

Mikey
16-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Rant over

Spot on. Especially the bit in bold.

Enough said
16-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Surely the NHS aren't paying Hibs 500 grand a year to rent a space. They could buy and own there own place for a few years rent if that was the case. It sounds excessive in the extreme?

LD isn't daft it's big money for us . Just unfortunately the timing isn't great with no where in place instead.

marinello59
16-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Rant over

A decent rant. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
16-03-2017, 08:39 PM
That's a great idea - stopped going BTG years ago as the draught beer was awful. Isn't easy to maintain beer lines that are so rarely used as well. Packaged beers would be much better - and, as you say, quicker.

Temperature would be an issue. Only thing worse than crap beer is warm beer.

J

linlithgowhibbie
16-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Take out the bookies under the east and FF stands, put beer bottle bars inside the bookies.

Only sell beer in plastic bottles.

Two stewards at each entranceway to the seating areas to ensure no beer taken to seating areas.

Only drawback is no seating for drinking areas.

Would it work? Would we need a different kind of licence to sell the beer?I don't know but surely worth checking and trying

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 08:44 PM
If the NHS were making use of the premises from day 1 then nothing would have been said but now it seems to be the case that a facility for Hibs fans in Hibernian's stadium is being taken away from them. Not good enough, no matter how it's dressed up.

BoomtownHibees
16-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Take out the bookies under the east and FF stands, put beer bottle bars inside the bookies.

Only sell beer in plastic bottles.

Two stewards at each entranceway to the seating areas to ensure no beer taken to seating areas.

Only drawback is no seating for drinking areas.

Would it work? Would we need a different kind of licence to sell the beer?I don't know but surely worth checking and trying

It's not allowed

stantonhibby
16-03-2017, 08:49 PM
I've not been to the new East Stand....Assume it's just a basic concourse area with pie kiosks and bookies? Could something be done there?

erin go bragh
16-03-2017, 08:50 PM

Sure I read it's a six figure sum a year .

ColinNish
16-03-2017, 08:54 PM

Rant over

Well you seem to know more than the club is letting on.

Jonnyboy
16-03-2017, 08:55 PM
If the NHS were making use of the premises from day 1 then nothing would have been said but now it seems to be the case that a facility for Hibs fans in Hibernian's stadium is being taken away from them. Not good enough, no matter how it's dressed up.

And will be replaced

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2017, 08:59 PM
And will be replaced

Well I'm not going back until I can queue up for ages and drink overpriced urine in cramped conditions.

ColinNish
16-03-2017, 09:00 PM
And will be replaced

Not according to the Hibs statement so spill the beans!

Jonnyboy
16-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Not according to the Hibs statement so spill the beans!

No definitive plans doesn't mean it's not happening :wink:

cammy1969
16-03-2017, 09:07 PM

Yeah good idea but I think there should be both as bottle bar wouldn't take up much space and would speed up service at bar for people who prefer draught.

Ave been in a few times but not a fan it's a bit soulless for me I think club should have memorable on the walls and show old hibs classic games on tv instead of some of the crap EPL games plus foods poor and over priced imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brummie_Hibs
16-03-2017, 09:12 PM
BTG is too good a space to only be used maybe once a week for 9 months a year. Commercially, it doesn't work, and commercialism is the world we live in - embrace it coz it ain't going away.

What I would like to see is the whole area behind East, and there is enough space, to have beer and food stations, under cover (tents, etc) where guys and gals can have a drink.

It won't have tables and chandeliers, but let's face it, that only caters for a small amount of expectations.

A bunch of guy(ette)s just want a beer, a pie and a chat before game, seconds away from their seat. They don't care that Tom Farmer wanted the beat environment possible.

Whether the SFA will alow this, is another matter, but it is common down south.

Criswell
16-03-2017, 09:34 PM
The way it has been run you would almost think that it was club policy to discourage people using it. Maybe that was plan; less and less people using it justifies us closing it down! Or am I being a bit cynical?

Golden Bear
16-03-2017, 09:37 PM
The way it has been run you would almost think that it was club policy to discourage people using it. Maybe that was plan; less and less people using it justifies us closing it down! Or am I being a bit cynical?

Nope, the same thought has crossed my mind.

djs69
16-03-2017, 09:38 PM
This is a bizarre move. It's purpose first and foremost should be a football stadium and providing facilities for match days. It's been a good meeting point and social place for 15 years. Fans consulted?? Perhaps but not
Listened too

WhileTheChief..
16-03-2017, 09:42 PM
It's probably in response to the smoke bomb epidemic.

At least we will have a permanent area to treat everyone affected by the toxic green fumes.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Very disappointing move.

Mantis Toboggan
16-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Like many I used to go regularly but it became such a poor experience compared to Robbies, Windsor etc. Not going to miss ot and neither is the club by the sounds of it.

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2017, 10:07 PM
No definitive plans doesn't mean it's not happening :wink:

The phrase 'under review' suggests it isn't happening ...... there's been a few posts about more money from the space in the FF meaning more money for the team, which is fine. But a connection with the fans is just as important and BTG was a decent contributor to that.

BTG apart from anything else was the one place at ER where every day fans who didn't have the money to spend on hospitality packages and the like could still feel connected to the club as users of the stadiums facilities in and around the actual match itself.

What's becoming possibly more annoying than this situation is folk tipping winks suggesting they know stuff that everybody else doesn't .... if folk know something then tell us, if they don't then the should stop giving the impression they do, because its bloody annoying.

I'm not so much talking about you here by the way .... if there's one thing that's become apparent in this whole carry on which includes the lift to the upper FF its that certain folk seem to be getting told stuff that the wider support aren't, especially in the working together group .... a group which in the whole core of its being is supposed to include ordinary fans because they will represent our point of view ... considering the number of fans who seem annoyed at this current situation what did these ordinary fans have to say to the club when binning BTG was raised? And more to the point why are the club 'reviewing' a supporters bar ... they must know what their intentions are by now ... just tell us.

Sorry, that became a bit of a rant ... I'm not suggesting you know the answers :aok:

mca
16-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Please Tell me we are not building another Methadone Clinic..

First heard of the NHS Link a while back and i thought it was good news...

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2017, 10:50 PM
One thing that annoyed me about BTG was the table huggers who thought it was fair game to get there early and reserve two tables and about eight seats on their own!

davhibby
16-03-2017, 11:38 PM
They're doing a good job of getting rid of customers anyway this season with not letting people in after 2

ruthven_raiders
17-03-2017, 04:34 AM
One thing that annoyed me about BTG was the table huggers who thought it was fair game to get there early and reserve two tables and about eight seats on their own!

Yeh did notice that in the past lol.....also thinking that they don't have any definite plans for a replacement. Maybe they are waiting on us officially being promoted before spending a lot of money on a replacement, to announce a huge spend on new bars then fail to get promoted would be a huge financial mistake

Onceinawhile
17-03-2017, 05:40 AM
That's just a ridiculous statement. It's a football ground with fans facilities that are being removed. Most of the fans that go to BTG bar have been the ones propping up our club when we were getting 7k attendances. I've been taking my son there since he was a wee boy, he's now 25. What do the other dads do with their kids now it's shutting down. Some may not bother or leave the kids at home, hardly nurturing support!

People will go to the next neatest alternative.
I take my son to the Hibs club. My dad took me to the Hibs club.

Also, behind the goals has only been open for around ten years (fairly certain it's less), so you absolutely have not taken your son since he was a wee boy.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2017, 05:53 AM

Also, behind the goals has only been open for around ten years (fairly certain it's less), so you absolutely have not taken your son since he was a wee boy.

Surely it's been open longer than that? My laddie is 23 now and I'm pretty sure he was in there well before he was 13.

Brightside
17-03-2017, 05:56 AM
Another decision made at the club without any input from the fans. Anyone fancy telling me the point of fan reps again?

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2017, 06:14 AM
I used to look forward to giving Rod Petrie a dirty look as he wanders past my seat?

Greenworld
17-03-2017, 06:35 AM
Another decision made at the club without any input from the fans. Anyone fancy telling me the point of fan reps again?
To be fair this was a huge project getting this to happen and substantial on going financial benifit to the club.
I don't expect the fans to be asked about things like this.
What I do expect is further developments to take place utilising the corner at FF and the East stand .
I think it's a wait and see till the club are ready to announce in LD we trust eh Leanne

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

eastcoasthibby
17-03-2017, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the info.

:aok:

The demand for membership for this place will go up a lot for next season with the void being left .!!

eastcoasthibby
17-03-2017, 07:01 AM
From trading all the comments mostly supporting the need for a facility that allows fans to gather for a couple of beers before a game , where kids can go, along with the other comments suggesting other options , must mean that the Club board need to do a viability study in this subject. LD has spoken many times about the matchday experience being important, here is one aspect. Edinburgh City have a membership scheme for the old Loch inn ..maybe if they built a 2,storey facility with a member's only 2 nd floor and open bar on the ground, you differentiate between St's/members from walk up /non members with perks incorporated in the members areas ie 25-30 off a pint ! Open the place at other times out with before lick off times, madness not too especially a couple of hours after the games.
Not sure about everyone else but most pubs around ER before and after matches are mobbed , suggesting if a better facility like this could attract some of those. The design of the BTG wasn't great IMO so a new build would give the opportunity to put up a fit for purpose facility that provides the best opportunity to make decent money for the Club.
Suppose what I am saying I hope it's on the Boards agenda is that to engage with the fans in this one is vital , especially after all the joint work and interaction over past nearly 3,years ...a big own goal if they don't ..my view only folks !!

ian cruise
17-03-2017, 07:04 AM
I used to look forward to giving Rod Petrie a dirty look as he wanders past my seat?

I heard this was the real reason it was being closed. This NHS hub is all smoke and mirrors...

offshorehibby
17-03-2017, 07:07 AM
Thank god Tamsons is a members only establishment accepting only pre-booked parties on a match day. :greengrin

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 07:21 AM

I'm not sure what age he was TBH but prior to BTG being open we went to the lounge in the Coopers Rest which accepted kids but is now closed. Our group are from out of town and need to get in and parked reasonably early. If we can't find alternatives then we would be sitting in the car listening to the radio. I find walking a distance difficult too so a close base is really quite essential for me. It could be the difference between going or not.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2017, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure what age he was TBH but prior to BTG being open we went to the lounge in the Coopers Rest which accepted kids but is now closed. Our group are from out of town and need to get in and parked reasonably early. If we can't find alternatives then we would be sitting in the car listening to the radio. I find walking a distance difficult too so a close base is really quite essential for me. It could be the difference between going or not.

So if you didn't have somewhere to go before the game you might not go at all? Strange outlook imo. Surely the game is the most important part no?

EH54
17-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Until this year we have always used BTG. Decided to move so we could watch the early ko get a seat and a few decent pints the walk is longer but definitely worth it.

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 07:53 AM
So if you didn't have somewhere to go before the game you might not go at all? Strange outlook imo. Surely the game is the most important part no?

I've renewed my ST for next year already but I may take a different view if I'm left sitting in the car before games in future. I've been going for years where the only joy about going was the meeting up with friends and pre match socialising, the football was usually the worst bit. If I have to walk too far and stand for a couple of hours it may not be an enjoyable experience anymore. It's not all about the football.

Mr White
17-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Surely it's been open longer than that? My laddie is 23 now and I'm pretty sure he was in there well before he was 13.

It was definitely operating during Mowbrays first season 04/05. I've a feeling that was when it started but it could have been a year or 2 earlier.

Jones28
17-03-2017, 07:55 AM

I'm 24 and I've been going there since tony mowbrays first season in charge. Makes it about 13 years?

B.H.F.C
17-03-2017, 08:00 AM
I've renewed my ST for next year already but I may take a different view if I'm left sitting in the car before games in future. I've been going for years where the only joy about going was the meeting up with friends and pre match socialising, the football was usually the worst bit. If I have to walk too far and stand for a couple of hours it may not be an enjoyable experience anymore. It's not all about the football.

Suppose everybody has a different optnion of what is a decent length of walk. But I was arrived after two for the Ayr game a couple of weeks ago and parked down at Lochend which was a 5-10 minute walk up to the stadium. It's not as if you have to be in and parked up at half 12 to get parked at all.

scoopyboy
17-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Don't see the logic of stopping people getting in after 2pm if there is room.

Our bus gets there about 2.20 to 2.30 and around 20 of us nip in and get a quick pint before the game.

There are always more coming out than going in and when we get in the place is half empty.

Only costs the club money, bar staff and security are paid for anyway so although what we pay isn't going to change the world it is profit to the club.

I would like for Frank or Tracey to reply to this post and explain the logic behind it, because sure as hell I can't see any.

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Suppose everybody has a different optnion of what is a decent length of walk. But I was arrived after two for the Ayr game a couple of weeks ago and parked down at Lochend which was a 5-10 minute walk up to the stadium. It's not as if you have to be in and parked up at half 12 to get parked at all.

Yes but Lochend is fine if BTG is open. Parking at Lochend, walking to Easter Road to a pub then back to the stadium is too far for me. The real point is that it's a brilliant facility poorly run that I and many more don't want to lose for whatever reason. We should be improving it, not closing it.

Keith_M
17-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Maybe Hibs should build a multi-storey car park in the North East corner.

Partick Thistle's original stadium redevelopment plans (http://i13.tinypic.com/2r55jme.jpg) actually included having them in each corner.

Golden Bear
17-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Don't see the logic of stopping people getting in after 2pm if there is room.

Our bus gets there about 2.20 to 2.30 and around 20 of us nip in and get a quick pint before the game.

There are always more coming out than going in and when we get in the place is half empty.

Only costs the club money, bar staff and security are paid for anyway so although what we pay isn't going to change the world it is profit to the club.

I would like for Frank or Tracey to reply to this post and explain the logic behind it, because sure as hell I can't see any.

The present daft policy discriminates against out of town supporters who more than likely will arrive in Edinburgh between 2pm and 2.30. All we know for sure at this stage is that some supporters (or groups?) are more aware of what is going on than they're making out.

marinello59
17-03-2017, 08:15 AM

The present daft policy discriminates against out of town supporters who more than likely will arrive in Edinburgh between 2pm and 2.30. All we know for sure at this stage is that some supporters (or groups?) are more aware of what is going on than they're making out.

How does it discriminate against out of town supporters any more than the rest of the support? I really don't get that part at all.

scoopyboy
17-03-2017, 08:22 AM
How does it discriminate against out of town supporters any more than the rest of the support? I really don't get that part at all.

I obviously am not Golden Bear but I can answer from my perspective.

We run a 70 seater to home matches and it is basically full each week, lots of families on it and we leave Tranent at 2pm.

If we were leaving at a time where we could guarantee getting into BTG a lot of the members would stop travelling with us as they would be at the ground far too early.

HappyAsHellas
17-03-2017, 08:25 AM
I think having read quite a few opinions I'll give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one and wait and see what happens. I will insist on any future venue having a crappy quality big screen though - it adds to the atmosphere.

Not In The Know
17-03-2017, 08:28 AM
I find it quite hard to imagine the club can't make a profit from an in stadium bar.

It should be open every match day home and away. I didn't know this year non season tickets could get in. Groups of 4 or more should be able to reserve seats etc

Golden Bear
17-03-2017, 08:29 AM

We run a 70 seater to home matches and it is basically full each week, lots of families on it and we leave Tranent at 2pm.

If we were leaving at a time where we could guarantee getting into BTG a lot of the members would stop travelling with us as they would be at the ground far too early.

Exactly.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I find it quite hard to imagine the club can't make a profit from an in stadium bar.

It should be open every match day home and away. I didn't know this year non season tickets could get in. Groups of 4 or more should be able to reserve seats etc

Leanne has said the facility its past its shelf-life and needs constant repairs and is in desperate need of a refurb. That would cost far too much money against how much it makes every 2nd or 3rd week so I think it's a great idea to turn it in to something that will give us a guaranteed income for a number of years and look at the possibility of a new bar elsewhere in the ground

Not In The Know
17-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Hibs supporters club down sunny side should sell their land to developers and build a joint Super venue on the corner of the East and Famous5 stand.

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Leanne has said the facility its past its shelf-life and needs constant repairs and is in desperate need of a refurb. That would cost far too much money against how much it makes every 2nd or 3rd week so I think it's a great idea to turn it in to something that will give us a guaranteed income for a number of years and look at the possibility of a new bar elsewhere in the ground

I agree with this, it's just concerning that there are no plans in place yet and my worry is that once it closes the appetite for going ahead to build a new supporters bar may subside as time goes by. Once it's gone it will be harder to get back, that's why we need to know there are plans and commitments to renew it and not just "thinking about it" noises.

Carheenlea
17-03-2017, 08:48 AM
I see Frank Dougan has tweeted that Hibs are looking at alternatives to BTG.

https://twitter.com/bigfrankbig/status/842661267273928704

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2017, 08:52 AM
I agree with this, it's just concerning that there are no plans in place yet and my worry is that once it closes the appetite for going ahead to build a new supporters bar may subside as time goes by. Once it's gone it will be harder to get back, that's why we need to know there are plans and commitments to renew it and not just "thinking about it" noises.

When Leanne was telling us about it she told us that there was nothing in place as yet because the deal with the NHS hadn't been 100% signed and sealed yet however they had to start planning as if it was. She mentioned the possibility of a temporary marquee somewhere around the ground and looking at the East stand for its new permanent home

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 09:01 AM
When Leanne was telling us about it she told us that there was nothing in place as yet because the deal with the NHS hadn't been 100% signed and sealed yet however they had to start planning as if it was. She mentioned the possibility of a temporary marquee somewhere around the ground and looking at the East stand for its new permanent home

She told me the same but Aberdeen have been building a new stadium for the past 30 years and nothing ever happens. Supporters that use BTG rely on it and I've already paid my £360 for next years ST, I would like Hibs to be a bit more committed in their response to my questions. At the moment it's all smoke and mirrors. Again, it's a different thing saying you may do something than actually doing it. Once it's gone it may be very difficult to get it back, there's always reasons down the line for not going ahead with things.

IAmLee
17-03-2017, 09:12 AM
I used to go to BTG most weeks to watch the early game and have a few drinks but stopped as it was taking far too long to get served and when it got busy people would stand right in front of the screen! Had a few tell me where to go when I asked them to move over a bit. I hope if we build a new supporters bar we do something to maximise the space so that most people can get a seat and view of the TV(s) if they want one! Something like legends at Dunfermline would be good.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2017, 09:14 AM
She told me the same but Aberdeen have been building a new stadium for the past 30 years and nothing ever happens. Supporters that use BTG rely on it and I've already paid my £360 for next years ST, I would like Hibs to be a bit more committed in their response to my questions. At the moment it's all smoke and mirrors. Again, it's a different thing saying you may do something than actually doing it. Once it's gone it may be very difficult to get it back, there's always reasons down the line for not going ahead with things.

I get all that however sometimes things cannot be said when it comes to the running of the club. Communication has been great since Leanne came in so I'm sure she has said all that she can at this stage. There's no reason for her to hide anything

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 09:21 AM
I get all that however sometimes things cannot be said when it comes to the running of the club. Communication has been great since Leanne came in so I'm sure she has said all that she can at this stage. There's no reason for her to hide anything

I agree but a major facility in the stadium is closing and they have only said they are looking into alternatives. I think a more robust communication is needed e.g. "We are closing the BTG bar but are committed to providing temporary accommodation next season prior to building a new facility fit for purpose". All we have been communicated is that BTG is closing and alternatives are being looked into. It's not that reassuring even though they may be unable to say too much.

GreenCastle
17-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Has anyone had an experience of another stadiums supporters bar which they would recommend ? In the UK or eleswhere? I know in the usa they are popular but usually the climate helps.

Could they do something like they do for rugby 6 nations with temporary marquees or again would the weather / licensing / planning permission cause an issue.

I know the space between east and north stand is used as a car park right now and those spaces would be then lost.

I agree its a shame as they talk about using the stadium for the community but they are actually taking away the clubs community who attend BTG so they can make more money.

Making more money fine but there needs to be a solution and I really hope they develop a part of the stadium so fans can meet before the game otherwise the match day experience looses a part for some fans.

BSEJVT
17-03-2017, 09:41 AM
So what we have is a crap facility that no-one seems happy with in its current form.

We also have people complaining that they cant get in

Some of the people that are complaining they cant get in, cant get in because they arrive when it is full, because their travel arrangements dictate that.

It's natural that folk have their own "hot button" issues but the club gets criticised for everything it does by people.

If the net outcome of this is that the revenue gained by the proposed changes that can be invested in the team is substantially more then that is all that matters to me.

We are a football club not a social club, there are plenty of other destinations not too far away that will cater for people's needs including the Hibs Supporters Club, it may require a slight change to folks practices but its not end of the world stuff.

As it happens the club are indicating that they will look at alternatives, do people really think that they should turn down the additional revenue apparently on offer and the chance to increase our engagement with the community?

Have a bit of trust and wait and see what happens

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2017, 09:46 AM
So what we have is a crap facility that no-one seems happy with in its current form.

Some of the people that are complaining they cant get in, cant get in because they arrive when it is full, because their travel arrangements dictate that.

It's natural that folk have their own "hot button" issues but the club gets criticised for everything it does by people.

If the net outcome of this is that the revenue gained by the proposed changes that can be invested in the team is substantially more then that is all that matters to me.

We are a football club not a social club, there are plenty of other destinations not too far away that will cater for people's needs including the Hibs Supporters Club, it may require a slight change to folks practices but its not end of the world stuff.

As it happens the club are indicating that they will look at alternatives, do people really think that they should turn down the additional revenue apparently on offer and the chance to increase our engagement with the community?

Spot on

offshorehibby
17-03-2017, 09:56 AM

That's where i am as well.

scoopyboy
17-03-2017, 09:58 AM

I am not complaining about what is happening going forward.

I am asking for someone to explain the logic behind the decision not to allow people to enter BTG after 2pm when it is not full.

To me it is throwing money away, can you imagine a publican saying on a Saturday night that you are not getting in because the pub was chockers at dinner time.

Real Emerald
17-03-2017, 10:01 AM

That's all very well but we need to keep attracting more folk along be that with better stadia and fans facilities to make it more attractive for all in society. Be that families, older, disabled or by providing something else on match days that may just get folk along when the football might not be so good . BTG is a facility that can fit in with this ethos and should enhance a day out. Taking it away is going backwards and as you say we are a football club not a doctors surgery.

I do trust their intentions but my worry is a year or so on from now hearing all the reasons why the new supporters bar couldn't go ahead. It's not a pop at the club just a genuine concern at loosing a major facility for the fans who've backed the club in their droves.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2017, 10:11 AM

I am asking for someone to explain the logic behind the decision not to allow people to enter BTG after 2pm when it is not full.

To me it is throwing money away, can you imagine a publican saying on a Saturday night that you are not getting in because the pub was chockers at dinner time.

That does happen tho. Some pubs/clubs will only let folk in up until 11 or 12 and not after, regardless of how busy or quiet it is at that time

BSEJVT
17-03-2017, 11:11 AM

There is no apparent logic I agree

Maybe they don't want the "danger" of large ingresses or egresses of people at the same time causing a crush or excess pressure on the turnstiles with folk rushing to get into the game for K.O with the idea that if you have been in from 2 you are rushing to neck a last minute pint?

Other than that I am as stumped as you are.

Gatecrasher
17-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I like BTG, its not perfect and it could be run better. From my point of view it was a place I could go to kill an hour before the turnstiles opened and watch a bit of football, sometimes I got a seat and others I didn't but that didn't really bother me.

It could have been set up better, the big tables were too big and I always thought having tables of 4 would have been a bit better, the service was poor and I'm sure they make up the prices as they go along.

If they provide a new facility (and I hope they do) I hope its set up more like a normal bar or social club with tables, booths and places to stand if it got too busy, plenty of TV's so you can watch the football without standing in peoples way.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Has anyone had an experience of another stadiums supporters bar which they would recommend ? In the UK or eleswhere? I know in the usa they are popular but usually the climate helps.

Could they do something like they do for rugby 6 nations with temporary marquees or again would the weather / licensing / planning permission cause an issue.

I know the space between east and north stand is used as a car park right now and those spaces would be then lost.

I agree its a shame as they talk about using the stadium for the community but they are actually taking away the clubs community who attend BTG so they can make more money.

Making more money fine but there needs to be a solution and I really hope they develop a part of the stadium so fans can meet before the game otherwise the match day experience looses a part for some fans.

Shearers (or whatever it's now called) at St James Park is decent. Pool tables, big screens, food and a borderline decent beer selection.

Problem is you are dealing with a totally different situation re finances and towards fans and trusting said fans with alcohol in England in comparison to Scotland.

Tyler Durden
17-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Spot on. Surely Leann deserves the benefit of the doubt here, there will be alternatives explored going forward.

In the meantime Hibs have shared a detailed statement and Q&A - I really don't know what more people can ask for.

Tyler Durden
17-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Your question is answered in Hibs statement. You might not fully agree with their rationale but it's very clear.

B.H.F.C
17-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Shearers (or whatever it's now called) at St James Park is decent. Pool tables, big screens, food and a borderline decent beer selection.

Problem is you are dealing with a totally different situation re finances and towards fans and trusting said fans with alcohol in England in comparison to Scotland.

Big difference with Shearers is that it's pretty much in the city centre and is open 7 days a week. With us, it's something to open once every couple of weeks.

We just need an area where people can gather. A few tellies on the wall. And as I saw you suggest earlier in the thread, a few bottle bars would be fine IMO. The beer on tap is crap given how little it is used.

scoopyboy
17-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Your question is answered in Hibs statement. You might not fully agree with their rationale but it's very clear.

To improve it for the people who are already inside? my a***.

There are no queues inside at the time I'm talking about.

It isn't full.

It's very clear as you say but it is basically lies.

marinello59
17-03-2017, 12:56 PM

But that's not discriminating against out of towners in particular is it? It doesn't matter where you live does it? What am I missing here?

CallumLaidlaw
17-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Outside Goodison Park, they have a Supporters zone. There's a portable bar, a few food trucks, and then a guy compering. Most weeks along with the compere playing music, theres a singer or a band, and then a ex player or two makes an appearance and gets interviewed.

Imagine Hibs sticking a couple of big marquees outside the East stand and doing something like this. There's plenty local companies (like Pie Not) that would love to get in on something like that, and there's plenty local bands I'm sure that would love to get a bit of exposure. The club have an opportunity to be a wee bit innovative from a Scottish point of view, so maybe they could try something along these lines.

The big marquees that get set up outside the murrayfield hotel during the 6 nations have flat screen TV's and bars inside them, and then a couple of rows of portaloos round the back.

marinello59
17-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Outside Goodison Park, they have a Supporters zone. There's a portable bar, a few food trucks, and then a guy compering. Most weeks along with the compere playing music, theres a singer or a band, and then a ex player or two makes an appearance and gets interviewed.

Imagine Hibs sticking a couple of big marquees outside the East stand and doing something like this. There's plenty local companies (like Pie Not) that would love to get in on something like that, and there's plenty local bands I'm sure that would love to get a bit of exposure. The club have an opportunity to be a wee bit innovative from a Scottish point of view, so maybe they could try something along these lines.

The big marquees that get set up outside the murrayfield hotel during the 6 nations have flat screen TV's and bars inside them, and then a couple of rows of portaloos round the back.

That could work pretty well. If not that perhaps the club could run a lot more family related activities in the concourses. The East in particular would be good for that. Booze wouldn't be allowed of course but it would be good for those with kids to have something to pass the time before kick off.

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2017, 01:27 PM

Good post. We claim to be a club of the community, yet a superbar at Easter Road will put pressure on a big revenue stream for small business in the community. It's not like there's a shortage of local hostelries.

scoopyboy
17-03-2017, 01:33 PM
But that's not discriminating against out of towners in particular is it? It doesn't matter where you live does it? What am I missing here?

Not out of towners as such.

What I am saying is it is not an option for me to come earlier as I come as part of a supporters club, I like to nip in and get a pint before the game. This option has been taken away from me, an option I have utilised for several years, we do not have time to go round to a pub on ER and get back again for ko. I have no intention of turning my back on our bus to get in for 2pm. I will just have to do without and at the end of the day is no big deal it's just I don't see the need.

I guess GBs remark was if you stay in the town you can trot along that bit earlier and ensure you get in.

snooky
17-03-2017, 01:33 PM

a) Would we get Brownie points for this and b) do they count if it comes down to goal difference for promotion?

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2017, 01:37 PM

Often more entertaining than actually going inside the ground :wink:

Mantis Toboggan
17-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Same at Man City.
Do we have the space for that though?
Also Police Scotland seem to be allowed to tell football fans when they can and cant drink as they see fit, so likely another obstacle.

ColinNish
17-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Not out of towners as such.

What I am saying is it is not an option for me to come earlier as I come as part of a supporters club, I like to nip in and get a pint before the game. This option has been taken away from me, an option I have utilised for several years, we do not have time to go round to a pub on ER and get back again for ko. I have no intention of turning my back on our bus to get in for 2pm. I will just have to do without and at the end of the day is no big deal it's just I don't see the need.

I guess GBs remark was if you stay in the town you can trot along that bit earlier and ensure you get in.

You'll just have to do without your pint. Hardly a hardship.

Radium
17-03-2017, 07:51 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14326885.Hibs_plan_a_new_on_site_health_centre_and _family_crisis_support_base/

Fairly old article that outlines the ambition of the club.

scoopyboy
18-03-2017, 07:29 AM

Are you capable of reading and understanding a post before you reply?

I've already stated that it is no big deal and not the end of the world but I just see no need to stop people getting in IF there is room.

Beefster
18-03-2017, 07:30 AM

Speak for yourself. I get the shakes, feel weak and start sweating like a fat kid in a sweetie shop.

ColinNish
18-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Speak for yourself. I get the shakes, feel weak and start sweating like a fat kid in a sweetie shop.

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
18-03-2017, 08:34 AM

I was just going to post this but you've done a better job so I don't have too.
Pop-up bars are a much better solution as the club don't have to pay rates and maintenance on something only being used 20-25 days a year. There is plenty room between the FF and the east and a smaller on could be placed at the back of the east. There are plenty companies who would love the opportunity to get in on this sort of thing.

bingo70
18-03-2017, 09:41 AM
I was just going to post this but you've done a better job so I don't have too.
Pop-up bars are a much better solution as the club don't have to pay rates and maintenance on something only being used 20-25 days a year. There is plenty room between the FF and the east and a smaller on could be placed at the back of the east. There are plenty companies who would love the opportunity to get in on this sort of thing.

I've never been to a pop up bar surrounding a ground, do they generally have areas suitable for kids to have a wee muck about and a play? BTG is great for that just now when I take my laddie, not really sure what I'll do next season as there's no chance he'd just sit happy In a busy pub.

Carheenlea
18-03-2017, 10:45 AM
I've never been to a pop up bar surrounding a ground, do they generally have areas suitable for kids to have a wee muck about and a play? BTG is great for that just now when I take my laddie, not really sure what I'll do next season as there's no chance he'd just sit happy In a busy pub.

It's a difficult situation for the club. The facility was never built as a fans bar, but it evolved over time from the decision to open up dormant hospitality areas to fans when the West was built to what is now a popular pre-match hub which has become very much part of the match day experience for many, families and groups of friends alike. To not replace it will leave a lot of people disappointed, and days out at Easter Road not quite the same, even for those who are only nipping in for a quick drink after 2pm. Given the size of the place, it's not going to be easy to replicate elsewhere.

Monktonhall 7
19-03-2017, 07:14 AM
What was that all about yesterday, no entry after 14.00? The Suites were pretty busy, but from 2ish there was hardly anybody at the bar. Great for those inside as there were no queues, but seems a daft decision to stop customers coming in an hour before KO. Bar staff were standing about with nothing to do.

marinello59
19-03-2017, 07:31 AM
What was that all about yesterday, no entry after 14.00? The Suites were pretty busy, but from 2ish there was hardly anybody at the bar. Great for those inside as there were no queues, but seems a daft decision to stop customers coming in an hour before KO. Bar staff were standing about with nothing to do.

That must be the first time this season the downstairs bar hasn't been absolutely rammed at that time then.

Golden Bear
19-03-2017, 08:06 AM

Another fine mess!

We found a quiet wee howf yesterday within about 15 mins walking distance from the stadium. From now this will be our watering hole of choice for our pre match pint. If Hibs don't want our cash then so be it.

RIP
19-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Any time I was there the bar was always shambolically run. It's simply not acceptable in this day sbd age to ask people to be stand in long queues to be served. A few more staff, bottle beer sales, preordering etc. Hardly rocket science. But agree that health is a better fit with sport than chips n beer.

Real Emerald
19-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Another fine mess!

We found a quiet wee howf yesterday within about 15 mins walking distance from the stadium. From now this will be our watering hole of choice for our pre match pint. If Hibs don't want our cash then so be it.

Maybe that's the plan if you're being cynical. It must have been the only place within 100 miles that had the Arsenal v West Brom game soley on TV too! Hearts Aberdeen or Scotland Rugby. Don't think anyone was watching it at all. Think most folk had though they would go along and catch the Hearts game. It's a shambles but still want it to be kept open and improved.

ColinNish
19-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Maybe that's the plan if you're being cynical. It must have been the only place within 100 miles that had the Arsenal v West Brom game soley on TV too! Hearts Aberdeen or Scotland Rugby. Don't think anyone was watching it at all. Think most folk had though they would go along and catch the Hearts game. It's a shambles but still want it to be kept open and improved.

Its being closed so you'll just need to accept it I'm afraid.

HIBBYSTU T
19-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Its being closed so you'll just need to accept it I'm afraid.
There is going to be a new bar,it's still to early to give details.next season temporary bar/bars .Then a proper bar will be built.Just give the board time.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2017, 01:13 PM
There is going to be a new bar,it's still to early to give details.next season temporary bar/bars .Then a proper bar will be built.Just give the board time.

All guess work?

BoomtownHibees
19-03-2017, 01:46 PM
All guess work?

That's the info Leanne was giving out last week in BTG

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2017, 01:55 PM
That's the info Leanne was giving out last week in BTG

Okay cheers.