PDA

View Full Version : What would be the best result in this weekend's Falkirk v Morton game?

G B Young
16-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Provided we beat Dumbarton on Saturday (a must surely) we'll be nine points clear at the top before Falkirk and Morton kick off at 5.15. In that situation what result would we prefer in that game? A draw would suit me as it would hamper the hopes of both sides. I initially thought a Morton win would be best but I see they have a game in hand on us.

I don't honestly think we'll slip up so badly that the title race opens up again, but it would be good open up a bigger gap sooner rather than later.

LancsHibs
16-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Provided we beat Dumbarton on Saturday (a must surely) we'll be nine points clear at the top before Falkirk and Morton kick off at 5.15. In that situation what result would we prefer in that game? A draw would suit me as it would hamper the hopes of both sides. I initially thought a Morton win would be best but I see they have a game in hand on us.

I don't honestly think we'll slip up so badly that the title race opens up again, but it would be good open up a bigger gap sooner rather than later.

A draw with a bunch of sendings off and injuries for both sides please

hibbysam
16-03-2017, 11:33 AM

Has to be a draw.

We win we are 9 and 12 points clear respectively. A draw then makes this 8 and 11, with Morton having a chance to go 8 with their game in hand (Whenever this is).

It then means the closest Falkirk could be was 5 by beating us at ER. We would have to fall to pieces.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Doesn't matter much, we will march on unbeaten til the end of the campaign. :greengrin:greengrin:aok:

CallumLaidlaw
16-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Yep, a draw for me. Both teams are on good runs, and Morton in particular have a fantastic home record, where we still need to go. A draw is 2 points gained on both teams, rather than allowing 1 team to stay 6 points behind (as long as we win)

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Definitely a draw, though a Morton victory, followed by us beating Dumbarton and Falkirk would eliminate Falkirk from the equation. It would also fire up Morton for the double header we have with them...so yes, a draw.

essexhibee
16-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Has to be a draw. Worst case Morton win. I think Falkirk are an issue for us still. Can't see us going unbeaten in our next three we always seem to find a way to make it hellish for the fans :agree:

16-03-2017, 11:58 AM
1st choice - draw
2nd - Falkirk win
3rd - Morton win but doesn't matter as we're still on course to win the league.

JeMeSouviens
16-03-2017, 12:00 PM
0-0, some bad but not career or life threatening injuries, a few red cards wouldn't go amiss.

SuperAllyMcleod
16-03-2017, 12:24 PM

The same outcome I always want to see when Hertz play Sevco - a big punch up in the middle of the pitch with the game abandoned and both teams docked points for bringing the game into disrepute. I'm allowed to dream :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
16-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Morton win.....they cant sustain a challenge but falkirk can

Super_JMcGinn
16-03-2017, 12:31 PM
1st choice - draw
2nd - Falkirk win

Last thing we want is a Falkirk win, I'd be much happier with a head to head against Morton than Housties heifers, I'd go as far as to say I want Morton to win on Saturday.

Callyballybe
16-03-2017, 12:54 PM
I'm dithering between a draw and a Morton win.

A draw is a safer option perhaps, but I genuinely don't see Morton sustaining their push ahead of Falkirk - Even with their very impressive home record, and by all accounts their impressive form this season.

I also think Falkirk will win on saturday. Beating Dumbarton is an absolute must for us, I hope the players are aware of this (I'm sure they are) and we don't see the drop in quality that we've had before directly after 'bigger' games were we've stepped up.

hibbysam
16-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Last thing we want is a Falkirk win, I'd be much happier with a head to head against Morton than Housties heifers, I'd go as far as to say I want Morton to win on Saturday.

If you could guarantee us winning our next two games then a Falkirk win is the best result. As it is, you can't so a draw.

Brooster
16-03-2017, 01:06 PM

The players will need to up their home league form......we haven't won a home league match for 2 and a half months.

Keith_M
16-03-2017, 01:06 PM
5 sendings off per side would be good. Then the game would be abandoned and maybe they'd both be deducted some points.

Deansy
16-03-2017, 02:35 PM
A Morton win for me - they don't have a jambo-fud for a manager who hates Hibs with a passion ! From now until this league's been won, Houston will be constantly firing-up his players to do 'everything and all-things' possible in his rabid desire to get one over on us !

easty
16-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Don't care what their score is. Nobody is catching us.

Albanian Hibs
16-03-2017, 02:51 PM
A draw

greenlex
16-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Falkirk win I think. It dents Mortons hopes who can mathematically get closest to us as is and we have to meet twice.. Obviously we would need to beat Falkirk after taking care of Dumbarton this week. We then have Morton at home midweek. Win that and its all over. So yes Falkirk win for me please. A draw would obviously not be a disaster but I would ne wary if Morton win. Having said all of the above we just need to take care of business and it doesnt matter a kot what anyone else does.

IlDiavola
16-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Morton win.....they cant sustain a challenge but falkirk can

:thumbsup:

But, a draw wouldn't be too shabby!

Roxyhibee
16-03-2017, 06:13 PM
1st choice - draw
2nd - Falkirk win

Yep.

Silver Fox
16-03-2017, 07:08 PM
We've had a wee run of bad results or a drop in form so I expect Falkirk and Morton to have a blip somewhere between now and the end of the season too, They both won't go on unbeaten

Onion
16-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Draw every time. Much easier for the chasers to motivate themselves to wins, so 2 dropped points each would do me fine.

Craigmount Hibs
16-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Has to be a draw.

We win we are 9 and 12 points clear respectively. A draw then makes this 8 and 11, with Morton having a chance to go 8 with their game in hand (Whenever this is).

It then means the closest Falkirk could be was 5 by beating us at ER. We would have to fall to pieces.
Morton's game in hand is at home against St Mirren on 11th April.

erin go bragh
16-03-2017, 07:46 PM
A draw or Falkirk to win rather than Morton winning.
Win our next three and it's game over .

Sir David Gray
16-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Draw would definitely be best with plan b being a Falkirk win.

hibbysam
16-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Morton's game in hand is at home against St Mirren on 11th April.

So there game in hand is completely irrelevant then. Keep them 7-9 points adrift and the pressure mounts.

bingo70
16-03-2017, 08:05 PM
If Falkirk get beat and we win they'll be 9 points behind and we've got a game in hand, is that right? If so IMO they'd be out of it so I think I'm leaning towards wanting a Morton win.

We then have two opportunities to take care of Morton to put them out the race too.

hibbysam
16-03-2017, 08:10 PM
If Falkirk get beat and we win they'll be 9 points behind and we've got a game in hand, is that right? If so IMO they'd be out of it so I think I'm leaning towards wanting a Morton win.

We then have two opportunities to take care of Morton to put them out the race too.

If Falkirk win, we would be 12 ahead of Morton, they'd be out of it IMO, and all we would have to do was beat Falkirk the following week for them to be 9 behind with a game more played. As I said earlier if you can guarantee me 6 points from next two games then a Falkirk win wins us the title.

bingo70
16-03-2017, 08:16 PM
If Falkirk win, we would be 12 ahead of Morton, they'd be out of it IMO, and all we would have to do was beat Falkirk the following week for them to be 9 behind with a game more played. As I said earlier if you can guarantee me 6 points from next two games then a Falkirk win wins us the title.

Even at 12 points behind they'd have 2 games in hand though and to play us twice? Wouldn't quite be out of it.

Wanting a draw seems the obvious choice but if that was the outcome they'd both still be lingering about like a bad fart, it's looking like if one of them got beat they could be out of it so I think I'd prefer that.

jgl07
16-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Falkirk win for me.

Then Hibs could kill off Falkirk and Morton in successive home matches.

Morton still have the Championship within ther own hands and winning all remaining matches by a sufficient margin would mean that Hibs could win all other matches and still fall short.

If Falkirk win and Hibs beat Dumbarton that will no longer be the case.

portyhibernian
16-03-2017, 08:33 PM
I think Falkirk will win their game, so it is of vital importance that we beat Dumbarton. Our home form isn't amazing but we have done well in big games this season and Falkirk will have that feel about it. Win these 3 upcoming games and I think we're home and hosed.

lord bunberry
16-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Beetroot nappers heed to explode after a team with a smaller budget than his team turn up and roger them.

hibbysam
16-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Even at 12 points behind they'd have 2 games in hand though and to play us twice? Wouldn't quite be out of it.

Wanting a draw seems the obvious choice but if that was the outcome they'd both still be lingering about like a bad fart, it's looking like if one of them got beat they could be out of it so I think I'd prefer that.

They would need to gain 13 points on us, them over 9 games us with 8. They only have 1 game in hand over us. Even if they beat us twice they would still be 6 behind with a worse goal difference.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Draw suits us best. Morton may come unstuck against St Mirren. They may be lower in the league but they seem to play better in bigger games and a derby is the biggest.

Steve20
16-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Morton win. Falkirk look like they'll be our nearest challengers and always seem to get a result at Easter Road so them dropping any points is the best outcome.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2017, 12:26 AM
Morton win. Falkirk look like they'll be our nearest challengers and always seem to get a result at Easter Road so them dropping any points is the best outcome.

Morton have two games in hand over Falkirk and if they win them both (along with beating Falkirk on Saturday), they'll go 6 points above them in the table.

--------
17-03-2017, 02:19 AM
A draw with a bunch of sendings off and injuries for both sides please

Absolutely. And a bunch of post-match suspensions (for the stuff the referee doesn't spot during the game) and a battle-royal outside the ground at full-time with smoke-bombs and thunderflashes being thrown and the stadium burning to the ground.

:devil:

Greenworld
17-03-2017, 07:37 AM
A Draw is best

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibee_nation
17-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Falkirk win so they come to ER fired up. Be all the sweeter when we horse them. :flag: