PDA

View Full Version : BTG next season

eastcoasthibby
16-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Not sure if I have missed a thread and or information about this but, been told BTG isn't going to exist next season ?! Due to the NHS deal ? Any info folks ?

GreenCastle
16-03-2017, 09:16 AM
All for the NHS getting involved..

Though Hibs need to replace it with a larger supporters bar at the stadium which serves quickly and is a place fans can meet before home games.

Hopefully have lots of tables and seats for fans to gather and add more to the match day experience.

Enough said
16-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Planning permission has been granted for the car park between east and ff.

CapitalGreen
16-03-2017, 09:48 AM

Has it?

No planning application has even been submitted according to the Edinburgh Council planning application portal.

Keith_M
16-03-2017, 09:52 AM

Sorry to be a dimwit but...

They're going to build a car-park or they're converting that area to a Bar?

Enough said
16-03-2017, 09:58 AM
Has it?

No planning application has even been submitted according to the Edinburgh Council planning application portal.

Was posted on .net last week

ancient hibee
16-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Must be right then.

.Sean.
16-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Is this bar they're supposedly building going to be fixed to the stands and enclose that corner or is it going to be some random structure in the gap?

Also I must have totally missed this tie in with the NHS can someone fill me in on it?

CapitalGreen
16-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Was posted on .net last week

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

H18 SFR
16-03-2017, 11:57 AM
I've heard it is going to be a huge bar called Stubbsy's with lots of 3 for 2 offers with the pints being delivered to the table often two at a time in the last 10 minutes of drinking time.

bingo70
16-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Is this bar they're supposedly building going to be fixed to the stands and enclose that corner or is it going to be some random structure in the gap?

Also I must have totally missed this tie in with the NHS can someone fill me in on it?

I believe the Nhs are wanting the space to use as some sort of health drop in centre, there'll be doctors based there but not as an actual doctors surgery. It'll be used all week round and the money being paid to the club far outweighs what it'll get from the supporters bar.

I also believe the club feel that the bars need a complete revamp and redcorated throughout so between the cost of this and the money on offer from the NHS it is felt it's worth exploring other options.

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Hibs are considering putting up a marquee as the new bar.

Onceinawhile
16-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Do people really think we would get planning permission for a bar on that corner? Without hundreds of complaints from the flats, or without hibs mentioning it or it being in the news?

Madness.

Moulin Yarns
16-03-2017, 12:13 PM

That sounds like a big name signing, will it be David Wetherspoon's?

Billy Whizz
16-03-2017, 12:21 PM

Will be bloody cold in winter

Carheenlea
16-03-2017, 12:21 PM
BTG was never built as a fans bar, it just happened to be a solution to utilise the existing facilities left when the West was rebuilt and the hospitality moved over there. The problem now is that fans have become used to it, and visiting the facility now forms part of the match day experience for many. It's a tricky one for the club, and while building a new bar might not be a great economical success, the fallout from disgruntled customers if they were to close completely would be pretty vitriolic.

hibees 7062
16-03-2017, 12:40 PM

We are considering calor gas heaters . It works with the big team

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Do people really think we would get planning permission for a bar on that corner? Without hundreds of complaints from the flats, or without hibs mentioning it or it being in the news?

Madness.

I think even in the sometimes baffling world that is the council planning department objections to any building or facility have to be reasonably based in fact and past experience. Hibs have been running a supporters bar based less than 10 metres of where the FF / East gap is situated for years without any trouble ..... in fact I'm willing to bet that it has had less reports of trouble than practically any pub open to the general public in the whole of Edinburgh in the last 10 years. In view of that I don't even think a police objection would stand up given the peaceful history of the existing facility.

There could be a problem with loss of light objections, but if the height of any structure was kept down the nearer to the flats it got we could probably get round that considering that the existing FF and East stands already cast a shadow on the flats once the sun reaches a certain point in the sky .... if a new building was configured correctly its unlikely it would lead to any significant further loss of light.

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 03:18 PM

Hibs have contacted Robbo to see if he will share his gas calor heater. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-03-2017, 03:19 PM
We are considering calor gas heaters . It works with the big team

Nae need :greengrin

offshorehibby
16-03-2017, 03:23 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7384

The Behind the Goals supporters bar will be open from 11.30am on Saturday ahead of our Ladbrokes Championship match with Dumbarton.

We are aware that there has been increased discussion regarding the facility in recent weeks, and we have received feedback both directly and through the supporter representative directors from supporters.

The following Q&A has been prepared to help address some of the most common questions.

Will Behind the Goals be closed next season?

Most likely. The Club is currently working in partnership to deliver a transformational Health Hub based at Easter Road and it is planned that the Hub will be located in what operates now as the Famous Five hospitality suites.

This is likely to include doctors’ surgeries and a health clinic, and will mean that the stadium will become an important hub for the Leith community.

This is part of the club’s broader plan to engage more with the local community and use football for positive social change.

Timescales are not finalised yet but plans are progressing as we approach the end of the season.

Will the Club create a new supporters bar?

We are reviewing this at the moment, though have no definitive plans.

Why is the bar no longer open exclusively to season ticket holders?

Access to the bar is given to all those in possession of a match ticket, which includes season ticket holders. This has been the case throughout the season.

In previous years when entry was given to season ticket holders only the bars were operating below capacity and in turn damaging the profitability of the bars, thus costing the club money.

We have introduced a number of changes to encourage more supporters to visit Behind the Goals, including introducing Pie Not? as catering partners and hosting live music and former player interviews.

Allowing supporters with a match ticket entry is another step to encourage more people to make use of the bars.

Does a ‘one in one out’ policy operate once the suites reach capacity?

Moving forward the suites will be closed for entry at 2pm, or earlier if the suites reaches capacity. This has been introduced to manage the queues already in the suites and improve the experience for those already in the suites.

We would encourage supporters to arrive early to ensure entry.

Why do the suites not open post-match?

Again due to a lack of demand in previous seasons the suites do not re-open post-match.

ancient hibee
16-03-2017, 03:27 PM
BTG was never built as a fans bar, it just happened to be a solution to utilise the existing facilities left when the West was rebuilt and the hospitality moved over there. The problem now is that fans have become used to it, and visiting the facility now forms part of the match day experience for many. It's a tricky one for the club, and while building a new bar might not be a great economical success, the fallout from disgruntled customers if they were to close completely would be pretty vitriolic.
Anyone who feels vitriolic about not being able to get a drink at a football stadium should get a grip.

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2017, 05:19 PM
That sounds like a big name signing, will it be David Wetherspoon's?

I appreciated this and I'm delighted to take the time out to tell you.

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Anyone who feels vitriolic about not being able to get a drink at a football stadium should get a grip.

They can always do cocaine in the toilets. That said, I only ever indulge in this practice at Easter Road for health reasons. It depresses the appetite and stops me eating the pies/pizzas.

davidgray210516
16-03-2017, 06:27 PM
They can always do cocaine in the toilets. That said, I only ever indulge in this practice at Easter Road for health reasons. It depresses the appetite and stops me eating the pies/pizzas.

^^^^This 😂😂

Sir David Gray
16-03-2017, 06:53 PM

I don't feel vitriolic but I'll be disappointed if they decide to to close BTG and decide not to replace it.

RoYO!
16-03-2017, 06:59 PM

Madness.

I don't honestly see what difference it makes to people in those flats. Don't see how it could have a detrimental effect on their light for example. Also depends on what type of structure was to go in/ number of stories.

Probably a pipe dream but think 'madness' is over-stating it

Just Alf
16-03-2017, 07:28 PM
I don't honestly see what difference it makes to people in those flats. Don't see how it could have a detrimental effect on their light for example. Also depends on what type of structure was to go in/ number of stories.

Probably a pipe dream but think 'madness' is over-stating it
Some might even prefer to have a coherent building to look.out at!

Maybe :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
16-03-2017, 09:32 PM
So it might be BTCF next season ( corner flag )