PDA

View Full Version : Dumbarton (Home)

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Never destined to be the sexiest fixture on the card, but it's a big one for us. Failure to take maximum points here means the upcoming fixtures against Houston's Horrors and Duffy's Delights take on a more jittery aspect.

This season we've been fairly consistent in following big performances in key matches with indifferent ones in games we should win. Hopefully the team will see that they're all big games and step up.

While it would be nice to see a strong and convincing performance, I feel a nervy 2-1 win, which I'd probably take.

HFCdeb
14-03-2017, 11:25 AM
I'd bite your hand off for that scoreline right now. My nerves have been jangling since the game finished on Friday. Let's sew this up before the semi final.

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2017, 11:29 AM
I'd bite your hand off for that scoreline right now. My nerves have been jangling since the game finished on Friday. Let's sew this up before the semi final.

It could get ugly and fraught for sure, if we fail to get a first half goal and the crowd start moaning. Really think the fans can be the extra man or the man short depending on how we respond as a crowd during this run in.

14-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Likely that Keatings will come in for Jason so expecting him to be determined to perform well. Just hope he does so. Will be checking the odds on a brace from him.

G B Young
14-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Likely that Keatings will come in for Jason so expecting him to be determined to perform well. Just hope he does so. Will be checking the odds on a brace from him.

Yep, that's my thinking too. If Keatings starts he'll be out to prove his worth. He's a good player on his day and I think he'll help us to a relatively comfortable win, 3-1 perhaps 4-1.

frazeHFC
14-03-2017, 11:37 AM
3-0 Hibs. It's the type of game we've struggled in recently, but confident for this one.

HFCdeb
14-03-2017, 11:44 AM
It could get ugly and fraught for sure, if we fail to get a first half goal and the crowd start moaning. Really think the fans can be the extra man or the man short depending on how we respond as a crowd during this run in.

Wholeheartedly agree re: the crowd. It affects me so God knows what it does to the players.
Hopefully the fans and players alike will treat every game like a cup game from now until the title's in the bag.

HFCdeb
14-03-2017, 11:45 AM

Yep, when he came on against Ayr he very much looked like a guy who had a point to prove. Think he had more shots at goal in 10 minutes than Cummings did all game, if I remember correctly.

Onceinawhile
14-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Fraser Fyvie suspended as well. Hadn't realised that.

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Dumbarton coming off a huge win for them last weekend, 4-0 against a currently hapless Raith side. Only one defeat in their last six games, decent form (the defeat was a 5-1 hammering against Dunfermline, but if it was the BarcaPars that turned up against us thats not exactly a surprise)

Could be tricky if we're not on our game.

Im going for 8-0 Hibs :wink:

Bristolhibby
14-03-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm coming up for this one. Nervous already.

Will likely be a few minutes late (getting from a Murrayfield to ER), so would put up with not seeing any early goals for a win.

J

green with envy
14-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Dumbarton coming off a huge win for them last weekend, 4-0 against a currently hapless Raith side. Only one defeat in their last six games, decent form (the defeat was a 5-1 hammering against Dunfermline, but if it was the BarcaPars that turned up against us thats not exactly a surprise)

Could be tricky if we're not on our game.

Im going for 8-0 Hibs :wink:

With Sam Stanton goal scoring and setting up a couple of their goal in a MOTM performance. Of course he won't be playing on Saturday.

SirDavidsNapper
14-03-2017, 04:35 PM
This is the type of game we've slipped up in. Imo the Dumbarton game is biggest of the season. No point going to Tannadice and winning then dropping points at home to the Sons. A win is critical for momentum going into the Falkirk and Morton games.

SRHibs
14-03-2017, 04:46 PM
If we win this and the Falkirk game I feel like it will be almost impossible for us to throw away our lead at the top. Hopefully we can up our game against a 'smaller' team for a chance. :aok:

wookie70
14-03-2017, 04:52 PM

The fans have done their bit this year. Very supportive at home considering some of the results and excellent away from home.

staunchhibby
14-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Think they will miss sam on saturday.He has been playing well for them.

Borderhibbie76
14-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Fraser Fyvie suspended as well. Hadn't realised that.
No loss whatsoever on current form and not a game for fyvie anyway tbh mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2017, 06:20 PM
The fans have done their bit this year. Very supportive at home considering some of the results and excellent away from home.

Some far they've been bloody heroes, every man Jack of 'em. Let's just hope that their focus and bottle is maintained during the run-in.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2017, 07:01 PM
This is a huge game for us and one that we absolutely must win.

Dumbarton have caused us problems in many of our games against them over the past couple of seasons so we need to have the correct attitude from the start and see them off.

We have a huge opportunity to all but secure the title over the next two weeks so we need to be completely professional and make sure there's no jitters towards the end of the season and give the other sides any encouragement.

BullsCloseHibs
14-03-2017, 07:03 PM
We're due them a pumping this season.

We'll win on Saturday. NAE DANGER!!!

Mainstandman
14-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Hopefully Keats will get the support from holt he's given to Cummings. He's had to play up on his own a couple of times