PDA

View Full Version : No McGinn or Marciano!

18Hibee75
14-03-2017, 07:02 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/cap-calls-put-mcginn-and-marciano-out-of-hibs-key-clash-1-4391226

Not wanted I wanted to read this morning. SJM and rocky out for quite possibly our biggest game of the season, thoughts?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Laidlaw and Martin have played in wins vs Falkirk this season, they'll do it again.

Rocky has missed all 3 games vs Falkirk this season.

jgl07
14-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Laidlaw and Martin have played in wins vs Falkirk this season, they'll do it again.

Rocky has missed all 3 games vs Falkirk this season.
Any chance of a third Callum so the match can be postponed?

Lancs Harp
It would be nice to have all our players available for such a big game obviously, SJM will be a big miss, Rocky is our number one but Laidlaw has done very well for us this season. In marked contrast to last season we have two very good keepers, so losing Rocky isnt that drastic for me.

eastcoasthibby
[QUOTE=18Hibee75;4978060]http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/cap-calls-put-mcginn-and-marciano-out-of-hibs-key-clash-1-4391226

Not wanted I wanted to read this morning. SJM and rocky out for quite possibly our biggest game of the season, thoughts?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk[/QUO

Get rocky on plane back from Spain if its only the one game they have a 2 hour flight won't incur jet lag or tiredness ... We will need him ..a vital cog in our defensive setbup now ..

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 07:10 AM

Fixture pile up and the fact that Ive bought my train tickets already for this one I 100% dont want the game called off, SJM or no SJM.

ian cruise
14-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Laidlaw is more than adequate cover for Rocky. We'll still get three points and clean sheet.

worcesterhibby
14-03-2017, 07:19 AM
With Rocky and McGinn out on Int duty, Hanlon, Fontaine and Humphrey injured and Cummings and Fyvie suspended the team pretty much picks itself...

Laidlaw

Gray McGregor Ambrose Stevenson

Bartley

Squirrel Shinniesta Martin

Holt Keatings

eastcoasthibby
14-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Prefer to have our number 1 ..rather than adequate if its possible !! There is a difference in ability IMO..though Laidlaw has done OK for us ..

hibee_girl
14-03-2017, 07:21 AM
With Rocky and McGinn out on Int duty, Hanlon, Fontaine and Humphrey injured and Cummings and Fyvie suspended the team pretty much picks itself...

Laidlaw

Gray McGregor Ambrose Stevenson

Bartley

Squirrel Shinniesta Martin

Holt Keatings

Cummings and Fyvie are suspended for the Dumbarton game not Falkirk

Ryan69
14-03-2017, 07:21 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/cap-calls-put-mcginn-and-marciano-out-of-hibs-key-clash-1-4391226

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

So it's ok for Celtic and The Rangers to postpone games for moneymaking friendlies.....but we have to play when 2 of our key players are away due to no fault of our own.

who makes up these rules? Surely common sense should be used in this kind of situation.

hulk
14-03-2017, 07:30 AM
even more annoying will probably be the case that
McGinn sits on the bench for whole game - at best

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 07:34 AM

McGinn will play against Canada for sure IMO. The games at Easter Road its the way the likes of the SFA think. Home boy playing infront of his own crowdin a match Strachan gets to look at a few of his periphery players, he's a cert to get game time IMO.

Blaster
14-03-2017, 07:35 AM
I expect McGinn will be free to play for us and meet up with the Scotland squad again straight after our game

hibsbollah
14-03-2017, 07:37 AM
We keep getting these 'biggest match of the season' tags. Dundee Utd last week, Hearts cup ties. Theres not really one match bigger than the other now, I'm just as concerned at not dropping points against the really 'wee' teams between now and the finish. Hope he starts Martin.

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Biggest match of the season is always the next one for me.

mjhibby
14-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Indeed we should only be thinking about Dumbarton. The Falkirk game will take care of itself and I suspect we will go 5-3-2 if sjm isn't available. It doesn't pay to look too far ahead.

greenginger
14-03-2017, 07:45 AM
Nigeria have a friendly on 27th March in London and Ambrose is still noted as a squad player for them.

Maybe 3rd call-up .

H18 SFR
14-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Fixture pile up and the fact that Ive bought my train tickets already for this one I 100% dont want the game called off, SJM or no SJM.

If Ambrose gets a call up there will be a Hibs.net crowdfund push to recoup the cost of your ticket.

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 07:49 AM
If Ambrose gets a call up there will be a Hibs.net crowdfund push to recoup the cost of your ticket.

:greengrin:thumbsup: I thank the brethren.

CorrieHibs
14-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Nigeria have a friendly on 27th March in London and Ambrose is still noted as a squad player for them.

Maybe 3rd call-up .

I don't think he got called up. Nigeria named their squad, unless they have had injuries?

jdships
14-03-2017, 07:59 AM

:top marks

worcesterhibby
14-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Cummings and Fyvie are suspended for the Dumbarton game not Falkirk

Good point..so they are ! Doh ! I would expect both will play then

Carheenlea
14-03-2017, 08:20 AM
So it's ok for Celtic and The Rangers to postpone games for moneymaking friendlies.....but we have to play when 2 of our key players are away due to no fault of our own.

who makes up these rules? Surely common sense should be used in this kind of situation.

Astonishing that clubs can be put at a disadvantage by their own football association at the business end of a league campaign.

Jim44
14-03-2017, 08:35 AM
I expect McGinn will be free to play for us and meet up with the Scotland squad again straight after our game

Is your use of 'expect' based on a possession of knowledge or simply hope and wishful thinking? :greengrin

Onion
14-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Astonishing that clubs can be put at a disadvantage by their own football association at the business end of a league campaign.

:agree: Just when you think things are getting on track, something comes along to give our competitors a lift. Bartley sent off twice incorrectly when he and team were flying, upset our momentum. Missing SJM and Rocky could do the same in this key game. Hibs need to find a way of getting SJM into the Falkirk game.

Blaster
14-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Is your use of 'expect' based on a possession of knowledge or simply hope and wishful thinking? :greengrin

Sorry mate wishful thinking

Carheenlea
14-03-2017, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hibs withdraw John McGinn from the squad just before they convene due to an "injury" then declare him fit for Falkirk after passing a late fitness test. And doing the same with Rocky.

BoomtownHibees
14-03-2017, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hibs withdraw John McGinn from the squad just before they convene due to an "injury" then declare him fit for Falkirk after passing a late fitness test. And doing the same with Rocky.

Don't think you can

JimBHibees
14-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Don't think you can

You can if you are a big team but in Hibs case we would be horsewhipped for the cheek of it.

JimBHibees
14-03-2017, 09:44 AM
:agree: Just when you think things are getting on track, something comes along to give our competitors a lift. Bartley sent off twice incorrectly when he and team were flying, upset our momentum. Missing SJM and Rocky could do the same in this key game. Hibs need to find a way of getting SJM into the Falkirk game.

I think he may still be able to play if for example there are no or very few injuries to squad players between now and the Canada game. If Strachan had a fullish squad to choose from he may allow SJM to play if not in the squad for the Sunday game.

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2017, 09:44 AM

We can cancel games as well for moneymaking friendlies. Just only on the designated weekends.

BoomtownHibees
14-03-2017, 09:47 AM
You can if you are a big team but in Hibs case we would be horsewhipped for the cheek of it.

Is there no a period of time that the player can't play for his club if withdrawn from the national squad?

PatHead
14-03-2017, 09:57 AM
The bottom line is that this is Scotland's last chance to hang on to the coat tails of the group. WGS is under pressure and needs to win. He will want his full squad. We have to play without SJM. We still have better players throughout the team. We will win then go on to win the league. Let's take care of the Dumbarton game first.

snooky
14-03-2017, 09:57 AM

:agree: 100%

G B Young
14-03-2017, 10:01 AM

I'd rather McGinn wasn't involved in neither game due to the risk of injury but I can see why they'll want to give him a run in the Canada game to draw in a few more fans.

With World Cup qualification a forlorn hope there's no real need for him to be involved against Slovenia though and if he's likely only to be warming the bench Hibs should ask if he can be withdrawn.

snooky
14-03-2017, 10:02 AM
The bottom line is that this is Scotland's last chance to hang on to the coat tails of the group. WGS is under pressure and needs to win. He will want his full squad. We have to play without SJM. We still have better players throughout the team. We will win then go on to win the league. Let's take care of the Dumbarton game first.

TBH, I don't give a monkey's about the 'national' team. They can disband it tomorrow for me.
It's not a "national" team anymore. It's an international select team.

PatHead
14-03-2017, 10:05 AM
TBH, I don't give a monkey's about the 'national' team. They can disband it tomorrow for me.
Unfortunately WGS does and he deals the cards. Great chance for SJM to further his career as well.

JimBHibees
14-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Is there no a period of time that the player can't play for his club if withdrawn from the national squad?

I think it is the next game however would depend on attitude of SFA. Can remember there was 2 or 3 OF players werent able to play (injury) for Scotland in Georgia on the Wednesday (another player conveniently got a yellow to suspend him i think) when we lost there after beating France twice which hugely affected our chances. Nothing was done about celtic and rangers playing them on the derby after it.

Jim44
14-03-2017, 10:14 AM

A very understandable sentiment, but doesn't ease our problem, unfortunately.

Greenworld
14-03-2017, 10:26 AM
We don't want the game postponed let's cracking on we have a great reserve goalie we are no one man team site John will be replaced

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lago
14-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Something of the Harlem Globetrotters about Scotland these days & Strachan has run his race.

hibbie02
14-03-2017, 10:59 AM
We don't want the game postponed let's cracking on we have a great reserve goalie we are no one man team site John will be replaced

Me neither. Got flights booked and a ticket for the Falkirk game. First chance to see Hibs this season. Lost count of the times I planned trips only to find matches moved for TV postponed or some other excuse. Gets a bit annoying turning up at Edinburgh airport to catch a flight home on a Sunday, passing London Hibs guys arriving for the game. Unfortunately I have to plan ahead to get time up there.

Greenworld
14-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Me neither. Got flights booked and a ticket for the Falkirk game. First chance to see Hibs this season. Lost count of the times I planned trips only to find matches moved for TV postponed or some other excuse. Gets a bit annoying turning up at Edinburgh airport to catch a flight home on a Sunday, passing London Hibs guys arriving for the game. Unfortunately I have to plan ahead to get time up there.
Got 4 guys flying in for it as well from Europe so want it played

Mikey09
14-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Unfortunately WGS does and he deals the cards. Great chance for SJM to further his career as well.

Aye Strachan has got it spot on since calling up McGinn eh? Called up against Denmark, runs the game, MOM, then never played again till he's called up now. Will get some game time in the friendly and then sit on the bench at best against Slovenia. If Hibs struggle against Falkirk and McGinn sits on the bench for Scotland I'll be ****ing raging.

Bristolhibby
14-03-2017, 11:07 AM

TBF we all know about these rules and is the by product of having good players yet being in the Championship. When we get to the Premiership we won't have these headaches as the league suspends itself for the international break.

It's a credit to the club that we have these type of players playing for us.

I'd like to think SJM plays Wednesday v Canada at ER and is released for the Falkirk game.

My rugby team down here (Bath) has had a full set of fixtures during the Autum Internationals and 6 Nations without - George Ford, Jonathan Joseph, Anthony Watson, Toby Falatou, Luke Chartris, Nathan Catt & Charlie Ewels.

Now that's losing a mental amount of players!

J

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Happy with Rocky going, but concerned about McGinn. Getting capped regularly for Scotland can only decrease the player's value.

14-03-2017, 11:27 AM

Has to be be 3 or more players before you can ask fotr postponement.

When is Dylan due back? Last I know of is when Lennon said he'd been doing running but had been sent home with a virus. That was nearly two weeks ago so could he be back in time for Falkirk.

BoomtownHibees
14-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Has to be be 3 or more players before you can ask fotr postponement.

When is Dylan due back? Last I know of is when Lennon said he'd been doing running but had been sent home with a virus. That was nearly two weeks ago so could he be back in time for Falkirk.

He is fit according to the man himself on Friday

JimBHibees
14-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Aye Strachan has got it spot on since calling up McGinn eh? Called up against Denmark, runs the game, MOM, then never played again till he's called up now. Will get some game time in the friendly and then sit on the bench at best against Slovenia. If Hibs struggle against Falkirk and McGinn sits on the bench for Scotland I'll be ****ing raging.

SJM came on for 20 mins or so away to Slovakia.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-03-2017, 12:23 PM
TBF we all know about these rules and is the by product of having good players yet being in the Championship. When we get to the Premiership we won't have these headaches as the league suspends itself for the international break.

It's a credit to the club that we have these type of players playing for us.

I'd like to think SJM plays Wednesday v Canada at ER and is released for the Falkirk game.

My rugby team down here (Bath) has had a full set of fixtures during the Autum Internationals and 6 Nations without - George Ford, Jonathan Joseph, Anthony Watson, Toby Falatou, Luke Chartris, Nathan Catt & Charlie Ewels.

Now that's losing a mental amount of players!

J

Spot on

I'm thinking similar about his game time over this international break. Think the emergence of Armstrong this season has actually worked in our favour. Hopeful SJM will be playing against Falkirk and then linking up afterwards to be part of the overall squad and get the experience of a big qualifier at Hampden

Diclonius
14-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Hopefully McGeouch will be fit by then. Otherwise, I'd play Martin as Bartley and Fyvie don't create a lot when together.

BoomtownHibees
14-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Hopefully McGeouch will be fit by then. Otherwise, I'd play Martin as Bartley and Fyvie don't create a lot when together.

He is fit

Callum_62
14-03-2017, 01:12 PM
He is fit

Just now? Or Lennon no fancy him?

BoomtownHibees
14-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Just now? Or Lennon no fancy him?

Yeah just now. He was asked on Friday night up at Tannadice and he confirmed that he's fit

oneone73
14-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Yeah just now. He was asked on Friday night up at Tannadice and he confirmed that he's fit

Hopefully saving him for when he's really needed.

Big L
14-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Strachan named a 30 man squad including about 12 midfielders. He's brought in Armstrong and Cairney who will definitately play you think him being a Hibby and a pal of Lennons he would have left McGinn out of the friendly against Canada. This game has now become massive, it could end Falkirks chance of winning the league.

14-03-2017, 04:12 PM
He is fit according to the man himself on Friday

Cheers Boomtown.

Can we put him in bubble wrap until the Falkirk game?