PDA

View Full Version : Bowls

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Another season nearly upon us. Can't wait to hit the green again.

Speedy
27-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Me too. Looking forward to it more this season than I can remember for a long time.

I'm_cabbaged
30-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Starting up again after a twenty odd year absence 😱 Anyone selling a set of size 3's? I'm at a loss as what to buy tbh, used to play with henselite classic deluxe but it looks like they come in all shapes and colors now!! And what's it with shoes, do most folk wear white shoes? Back in the day that was for dicks 😂

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Starting up again after a twenty odd year absence 😱 Anyone selling a set of size 3's? I'm at a loss as what to buy tbh, used to play with henselite classic deluxe but it looks like they come in all shapes and colors now!! And what's it with shoes, do most folk wear white shoes? Back in the day that was for dicks 😂

Plenty of decent white trainer type shoes on the market that won't make you look like a dick :greengrin

Each to their own, I wear grey henselite trainer type shoes and love them. I have just gone back to Taylor Aces after trying a few seasons with a Taylor Blaze. Who you playing for?

Speedy
01-04-2017, 04:30 PM
https://twitter.com/BowlingEBL/status/848091480690479104

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2017, 07:54 PM
https://twitter.com/BowlingEBL/status/848091480690479104

:greengrin Can't wait.

I'm_cabbaged
02-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Plenty of decent white trainer type shoes on the market that won't make you look like a dick :greengrin

Each to their own, I wear grey henselite trainer type shoes and love them. I have just gone back to Taylor Aces after trying a few seasons with a Taylor Blaze. Who you playing for?

Big Kev has persuaded me to join liberton, not interested in playing for the team though, I golf in a Wednesday.... Mangaged to get a seat of a set of Taylor aces and a bag for £40. I have to drive to Blairgowrie to get them though!!! A bit of a trek but a bargain, I think??

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Big Kev has persuaded me to join liberton, not interested in playing for the team though, I golf in a Wednesday.... Mangaged to get a seat of a set of Taylor aces and a bag for £40. I have to drive to Blairgowrie to get them though!!! A bit of a trek but a bargain, I think??

£40 can't complain at that!

I'm_cabbaged
02-04-2017, 09:20 AM
£40 can't complain at that!
Adding on the fuel it still seems to be a bargain!!

tanfield
17-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Absolute bargain for a set of Ace's and a bag. Hope they work for you!

I'm_cabbaged
18-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Absolute bargain for a set of Ace's and a bag. Hope they work for you!

Had a wee roll last night but with the cold weather and heavy green it was hard to judge. Not played for years so my weight wasn't the best, they seemed to hold straight with weight and take a nice bow on a draw though 👍

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Had a wee roll last night but with the cold weather and heavy green it was hard to judge. Not played for years so my weight wasn't the best, they seemed to hold straight with weight and take a nice bow on a draw though 👍

Hope they turn our good for you,played in our "hats" last night,got a bit cold later on but still enjoyable.

WeeRussell
18-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Back after a couple of years' absence myself. Using different bowls now (size 4 rather than my old 3 mediums).. they're green so I am already convinced they're for me.

Wee throw about with my mate this week just to get into the swing again, could have been worse but plenty room for improvement. Maybe play a sunday comp before my first championship tie next week :cb

Have also stayed 100% sober so far at the green :greengrin