PDA

View Full Version : Winning the Double?

18Hibee75
13-03-2017, 05:39 PM
First of all if/when we win the title how will/would everyone celebrate? Personally it would be more relief for me.
Secondly is there anyone here that genuinely believes we can do the Double as I have seen it mentioned by a few other Hibees on Facebook, it's now obviously Celtics to lose and we have an extremely tough game at Aberdeen in the semis, but Is it too much to dream about it?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

OtleyHibs
13-03-2017, 05:53 PM
First of all if/when we win the title how will/would everyone celebrate? Personally it would be more relief for me.
Secondly is there anyone here that genuinely believes we can do the Double as I have seen it mentioned by a few other Hibees on Facebook, it's now obviously Celtics to lose and we have an extremely tough game at Aberdeen in the semis, but Is it too much to dream about it?

Until May last year I genuinely did not think we would win it in my lifetime, we just really seemed cursed! Now, after watching yesterday's old firm game, I genuinely believe we can do the double this year.

Aberdeen will be a hard game as would the final if we get there but on our day we are capable of beating any of them. Celtic have had a great season domestically but based purely on yesterday's game they are no world beaters and that has given me more confidence

Hibeewilly
13-03-2017, 06:17 PM

Its at Hampden mate but seriously I fancy us to beat Celtic if we play them. Aberdeen and Rangers no problem.
Could be The Rangers again in the final. Similar path to winning it last year

Captain Trips
13-03-2017, 06:18 PM
If we lose to Aberdeen it will be the least upset I will have ever been at going out the SC. After winning it and with looking to get promoted I was happy with any sort of decent defence of the cup.

IMO getting to the SF with the top 3 teams from league above has been for me regardless of Aberdeen result an excellent defence. Beating hearts on the way was for me a highlight. I hope we can beat Aberdeen but I have to say well done to the guys for giving the club another cup run to be proud of.

where'stheslope
13-03-2017, 06:51 PM
I'll settle for a double!

Falkirk win!

Morton win!

Anything else at the moment is the icing on the cake!!!!

WeeRussell
14-03-2017, 07:48 AM
But would we take the double over promotion? :)

Clarence
14-03-2017, 08:04 AM
I don't think we should get into the mindset where we don't care about semi finals. We have a manager who wants winners every game and none of these teams are world beaters so we should be aiming to win the league and keep our cup.

Captain Trips
14-03-2017, 09:32 AM
I don't think we should get into the mindset where we don't care about semi finals. We have a manager who wants winners every game and none of these teams are world beaters so we should be aiming to win the league and keep our cup.

It is notca situation any Hibs fan has been that is alive today, defence of the cup.

Year on year it has been what could have been, bitter disappointments so close yet so far the next season. All that has gone for me, no more what could it have been we have now lived it.

Most seasons we will not win league but have a chance in cups, this season for me is like no other we are going for a league and for this one season I will feel the less bothered ever if we lose to Aberdeen.

We are capable of doing both and I would love it.

portyhibernian
14-03-2017, 11:34 AM
I believe we are capable of winning both. Beat Aberdeen and anything is possible!

houstonhibbee
14-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Until May last year I genuinely did not think we would win it in my lifetime, we just really seemed cursed! Now, after watching yesterday's old firm game, I genuinely believe we can do the double this year.

Aberdeen will be a hard game as would the final if we get there but on our day we are capable of beating any of them. Celtic have had a great season domestically but based purely on yesterday's game they are no world beaters and that has given me more confidence
Or rangers could beat Celtic again?

PatHead
14-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Be really disappointed if we lose to Aberdeen. Really want to win the cup again.Here we go 3 in a row.

OtleyHibs
14-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Or rangers could beat Celtic again?

Absolutely mate, I just didn't have the same concerns about playing them: )

As I said in my earlier post, on our day we can beat any of the 3 teams still in it.

14-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Celtic are a massive hurdle but they proved on Sunday that they can have an off day. Yes, even on a bad day like Sunday they are still hard to beat but Rangers will have taken a massive boost from that game and they'll take that into the semi.

JDHibs
14-03-2017, 03:02 PM
We done well to avoid Celtic in the Semis. Aberdeen are very beatable. SO we have an excellent chance to get to another final!

Its Celtic to lose but The Huns could beat them again and i wouldnt put it past us to beat them again!

Difference if we make the final this year is we have no pressure to win it, we always had that dark 114 year cloud over our heads every final before, the lads can go out with nothing to lose.

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Lennon and Leanne are installing a winning mentallity at this Club, it needs to spread amongst a few of our supporters as well. We should aim to win every game we play, win every tournament we play in, its not always possible of course but that should be our goal and winning should become an expectation.

eastmainsmsh
14-03-2017, 03:45 PM
If we get past Aberdeen after watching Sunday's game we could hold our own and retain the cup

Deansy
14-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Btw - I don't normally bet but what are the bookies giving for the double ?

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Championship title - relief. Like being knocked back on the dance floor several times before finding a lady who can see to your needs in a grotty bedsit in Tollcross.

Second Cup and double - like banging a couple of Hollywood starlets with copious amounts of quality cocaine in a luxury penthouse.

Last season's Scottish Cup - like being made immortal and cast into a planet of gorgeous vestal virgins with cocaine trees and crystal streams of gin, vintage clothing and gastronomic delights.

erin go bragh
14-03-2017, 04:37 PM

11-1 on retaining the cup . 16-1 on to win the league.
So I'd say about 23-2 for the double . A £10 would return £115 profit.

HibsNutter
14-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Celtic won't come up against a team with a defence as good as ours and a team that fight like we do in the big games domestically, there is a chance if we have to play them.

Onceinawhile
14-03-2017, 04:45 PM
I forsee two situations.

1) celtic go unbeaten all season until we pap them in the cup final or

2) Efe Ambrose winner v rangers in the final.

Too sweet.

14-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Lennon and Leanne are installing a winning mentallity at this Club, it needs to spread amongst a few of our supporters as well. We should aim to win every game we play, win every tournament we play in, its not always possible of course but that should be our goal and winning should become an expectation.

Lennon is a winner, he will never accept us going into a game and expecting anything less than a win whether it be against Celtic or Bonnyrigg Rose. Aberdeen are a very good team and we will have to put in a very big performance to beat them but the players will be up for it, Lennon will make 100% sure of that and we proved last year that we can beat them.

What will be will be, lets just get this league wrapped up first then we can focus on giving the SC another crack.

Deansy
14-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Championship title - relief. Like being knocked back on the dance floor several times before finding a lady who can see to your needs in a grotty bedsit in Tollcross.

Second Cup and double - like banging a couple of Hollywood starlets with copious amounts of quality cocaine in a luxury penthouse.

Last season's Scottish Cup - like being made immortal and cast into a planet of gorgeous vestal virgins with cocaine trees and crystal streams of gin, vintage clothing and gastronomic delights.

Why Tollcross in particular - fond/ugly memories ????

Cheers Mate - I could be persuaded to part with the tenner !

wookie70
14-03-2017, 05:56 PM

Not taking that bet. You'd get more backing us for the Cup than your double odds.

AND An E
14-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Not taking that bet. You'd get more backing us for the Cup than your double odds. You'd make a fiver less with those odds. Unless I haven't understood you correctly..

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-03-2017, 11:21 PM

Back in July I stuck £5 on us winning the treble-league, Scottish and league cup. I got 1,100/1. Got greedy and should have just went with the double ☹️

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Back in July I stuck £5 on us winning the treble-league, Scottish and league cup. I got 1,100/1. Got greedy and should have just went with the double ☹️

Love the positive thinking :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Love the positive thinking :thumbsup:

Qots put us out the league cup a week later [emoji85][emoji85][emoji23]

Lancs Harp
14-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Qots put us out the league cup a week later [emoji85][emoji85][emoji23]

Next year Pal, next year.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Next year Pal, next year.

That's the spirit [emoji1360][emoji1360] At least 2,000/1 for the treble once we're back in the prem [emoji471][emoji471][emoji471]

wookie70
15-03-2017, 12:23 AM
You'd make a fiver less with those odds. Unless I haven't understood you correctly..A tenner bet at 11/1 returns 120.11*10+tenner stake.

cammy1969
15-03-2017, 04:46 AM
A £10 double at the odds quoted pays £127.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
15-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Not taking that bet. You'd get more backing us for the Cup than your double odds.

Cup only would return a £110 profit :)

bubblesmorrison
15-03-2017, 07:32 PM

You don't really understand betting do you?

erin go bragh
15-03-2017, 08:08 PM
You don't really understand betting do you?

I was only £2.50 off with my double odds . Gees a break :)
I'd say I do understand betting . What's making you say that ?

erin go bragh
15-03-2017, 08:10 PM
A £10 double at the odds quoted pays £127.50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I roughly worked it out to pay £125 . No as bad as some are making my betting odds out .

AND An E
16-03-2017, 02:21 AM
A tenner bet at 11/1 returns 120.11*10+tenner stake. 11/1 pays out £120, and therefore £110 profit. No idea where the 11p comes from. You've got your wires mixed up somewhere.

ian cruise
16-03-2017, 08:07 AM
11/1 pays out £120, and therefore £110 profit. No idea where the 11p comes from. You've got your wires mixed up somewhere.

Missed a space, it's a new sentence. 11 * (times) 10 stake = 110 plus 10 stake =120. You guys are arguing the same point.

AND An E
16-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Missed a space, it's a new sentence. 11 * (times) 10 stake = 110 plus 10 stake =120. You guys are arguing the same point. So he did, thanks. Actually, he was arguing that 11/1 is somehow better than 23/2, and now he's even shown the maths and proved my point for me. Strange.