PDA

View Full Version : McGinn called up.

greenlex
13-03-2017, 10:15 AM
Time for Martin to step in and skelp Falkirk again.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Time for Martin to step in and skelp Falkirk again.

Any news on Marciano

greenlex
13-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Not yet

DaveF
13-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Pish. Utter pish that we are denied our most influential midfielder for a meaningless international.

RamYer1902
13-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Do the U21's have a game? And if so, does that mean we'll lose Cummings and McGinn for the Falkirk game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
13-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Do the U21's have a game? And if so, does that mean we'll lose Cummings and McGinn for the Falkirk game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't

SChibs
13-03-2017, 10:28 AM
What about the 19s? Martin could be called up

number9dream
13-03-2017, 10:28 AM
It's a 30-man squad for two games. Hopefully, SJM gets 45 mins against Canada and is then released back to us for the Saturday.

since90plustwo
13-03-2017, 10:29 AM
End of the day we have to be proud that a player of ours is deemed to be good enough to play at international level consistently. Who was the last hibs player to do this? Fletcher?

Disappointed McGregor didn' get a call up.

Peevemor
13-03-2017, 10:29 AM
It's a 30-man squad for two games. Hopefully, SJM gets 45 mins against Canada and is then released back to us for the Saturday.

:agree: I'd be surprised if something like this hasnt been agreed.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2017, 10:32 AM
What about the 19s? Martin could be called up

Shaw and Porteous have been called up for this, think Martin is now too old for this age group

Super_JMcGinn
13-03-2017, 10:34 AM
:agree: I'd be surprised if something like this hasnt been agreed.

Strachan being a Hibby will make sure he's available to play for us :aok:

number9dream
13-03-2017, 10:41 AM
15 midfielders, 3 left backs, 0 right backs, no decent central defenders... It's an odd squad with GS reluctant to drop his favourites but is there anyone missing that deserves a chance? No sympathy for moaning Dons fans, McLean & Shinnie are not top class players.

JimBHibees
13-03-2017, 10:55 AM

That would be my hope. Surely if not going to be part of the qualifier on the Sunday he can play against Falkirk.

The fact no other Hibs player appears to have been called up probably confirms the Falkirk game goes ahead as planned even if Ofir is called up for Israel..

Bristolhibby
13-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Pish. Utter pish that we are denied our most influential midfielder for a meaningless international.

The Sunday game vs Slovenia at Hampden is a World Cup qualifier.

TBF, it's bordering on meaningless with the early results in the group. If we don't win then the rest of the fixtures will be meaningless.

Would hope that SJM gets a runout vs Canada at ER then released back to Hibs for the Falkirk game.

J

frazeHFC
13-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Hanley is rubbish and hardly kicked a ball all season. Then Fletcher, Martin, Naismith and Rhodes doesn't exactly fill me with excitement. None of them had a very good season. Would have Jamie Murphy ahead of all them just now.

Bristolhibby
13-03-2017, 11:00 AM
That would be my hope. Surely if not going to be part of the qualifier on the Sunday he can play against Falkirk.

The fact no other Hibs player appears to have been called up probably confirms the Falkirk game goes ahead as planned even if Ofir is called up for Israel..

Anyone know when the Israel squad is announced?

J

JimBHibees
13-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Anyone know when the Israel squad is announced?

J

Assume some time in the next couple of days. They have the easy game of away to Spain on 24th March. :greengrin

Diclonius
13-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Great, another week of utterly uninspiring fixtures. Sorry but seeing Scotland huff and puff against Canada and the latest glorious failure to Slovenia is not for me.

Smartie
13-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Great, another week of utterly uninspiring fixtures. Sorry but seeing Scotland huff and puff against Canada and the latest glorious failure to Slovenia is not for me.

I used to get wound up by posts like this and ones that had a pop at the tartan army but sadly I agree totally.

I renewed my supporters club membership solely because I wanted to go to Wembley but I have no desire whatsoever to see Scotland play anywhere against anyone at the moment and I don't see that changing.

I had a casual glance at the squad announced today and it is as predictable as it is depressing.

The SfA need supporters club renewals to drop below 10k for the next campaign before they realise how out of touch they are with the fans and I can honestly see it happening.

hibbysam
13-03-2017, 11:51 AM
I used to get wound up by posts like this and ones that had a pop at the tartan army but sadly I agree totally.

I renewed my supporters club membership solely because I wanted to go to Wembley but I have no desire whatsoever to see Scotland play anywhere against anyone at the moment and I don't see that changing.

I had a casual glance at the squad announced today and it is as predictable as it is depressing.

The SfA need supporters club renewals to drop below 10k for the next campaign before they realise how out of touch they are with the fans and I can honestly see it happening.

I remember when new members had about 3/4 days to sign up or they would have been sold out. This was only a couple of years ago. This campaign, which includes England home and away, they are still advertising now on their website.

Deansy
13-03-2017, 12:28 PM

They've been out of touch with the Scotland-fans since the 70's - don't expect any change from them anytime soon !. The only way change would happen is if a mass boycott from ALL the fans (International and domestic) for a couple of weeks which would seriously affect the only thing they care about (well, apart from the 'Ugly Sisters' - but that's more a duty of love for them) - MONEY !

HibernianJK
13-03-2017, 12:31 PM
15 midfielders, 3 left backs, 0 right backs, no decent central defenders... It's an odd squad with GS reluctant to drop his favourites but is there anyone missing that deserves a chance? No sympathy for moaning Dons fans, McLean & Shinnie are not top class players.

Can't agree with that. Both are very good players who have earned an opportunity in the squad and I'm surprised they haven't had more call ups.

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Its fantastic that a guy who has played in the Championship for nearly 3 seasons is getting a call up and testament to what a player he is ... but its bad news for us and I would sincerely hope that if GS has no intention to play him in the qualifier that he is released back to Hibs in time for the Falkirk game.

These next few league games are vital to Hibs whole future for the next 5 years at least and I hope GS is made aware of that ..... John McGinn is a hell of a lot more vital to us than he is to Scotland in that context.

cameronw-hfc
13-03-2017, 01:20 PM
I find it a bit of a joke that, as a Villa fan, Hutton has been dreadful for 2 seasons, included in about every squad. Been brilliant the last 2 months, not in the squad :confused:

Unless he's retired and I've missed it?

MWHIBBIES
13-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Its fantastic that a guy who has played in the Championship for nearly 3 seasons is getting a call up and testament to what a player he is ... but its bad news for us and I would sincerely hope that if GS has no intention to play him in the qualifier that he is released back to Hibs in time for the Falkirk game.

These next few league games are vital to Hibs whole future for the next 5 years at least and I hope GS is made aware of that ..... John McGinn is a hell of a lot more vital to us than he is to Scotland in that context.
This is only McGinns 2nd season down here.

CorrieHibs
13-03-2017, 01:35 PM
I find it a bit of a joke that, as a Villa fan, Hutton has been dreadful for 2 seasons, included in about every squad. Been brilliant the last 2 months, not in the squad :confused:

Unless he's retired and I've missed it?

He has retired.

Steve20
13-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Would rather he wasn't called up and was available for the Falkirk game, which is a huge game for us.

bod
13-03-2017, 02:49 PM
What about Efe ,do Nigeria have a game ?

1van Sprou7e
13-03-2017, 03:07 PM
End of the day we have to be proud that a player of ours is deemed to be good enough to play at international level consistently. Who was the last hibs player to do this? Fletcher?

Disappointed McGregor didn' get a call up.

We've had players get called up more often than you might think

Unbeleivebly, Owain Tudur-Jones played quite a few games for Wales when we had Butcher as "manager"

Tom Hart RIP
13-03-2017, 04:42 PM
What about Efe ,do Nigeria have a game ?

I think Nigeria have 2 friendly matches lined up in London. Don't know if Efe is in the squad or if these games count regarding postponement of Falkirk game?
Anyone know?

B.H.F.C
13-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Given there is about 15 midfielders in the squad, all playing at a higher level than him, I'd really hope McGinn can be made available after the midweek friendly.

Strachan is stubborn though, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he doesn't play for us on the Saturday, then isn't even a sub for Scotland on the Sunday.

CorrieHibs
13-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Ambrose wasn't called up.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Ambrose wasn't called up.

Marciano?

Cameron1875
13-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Well done John :)

CorrieHibs
13-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Marciano?

Don't think they have announced their squad yet.