PDA

View Full Version : 11 Days, 3 Home Games

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Dumbarton on Saturday is the first of three straight home games over 11 days.

Where will we stand after this?

I'm going for 9 points ahead of second.

calumhibee1
12-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Dumbarton on Saturday is the first of three straight home games over 11 days.

Where will we stand after this?

I'm going for 9 points ahead of second.

After they 3 games I also think we'll be 9 ahead with 15 to play for.

Hibbyradge
12-03-2017, 06:55 PM
1 ahead.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Saturday is big. A solid performance and three points v Dumbarton puts pressure on Falkirk/Morton who play each other at 5.15 on Alba. If you accept that we crushed United's challenge Friday, they will be our main rivals.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 06:58 PM
1 ahead.

I think you're swithering before committing fully to the skoosh camp.

HibsNutter
12-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Good chance to really pull away at the top. Three cup finals, league could be all but over after these.

Big_Franck
12-03-2017, 07:04 PM
We'll beat Dumbarton by the odd goal. We then play Houston's Falkirk. A win there and we've won the league IMO.

jacomo
12-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Just noticed that the top 3 have all played a different number of games so the table is slightly misleading right now.

The Arabs have slipped from 1st to 4th in 3 months but all but guaranteed a play off spot as they are 9 ahead of QoS with games in hand. I think they might coast from here on.

Both Falkirk and Morton on good runs but time is running out for them to catch us.

Lennon is now focusing everything on this next run of games. The prize is now in sight. I feel confident.

Nicho87
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
6 home games. 3 away. You could argue if we won all our home games that should still be enough. 9/9 coming up, no excuses will go a long way.

Onceinawhile
12-03-2017, 07:14 PM
7 points from the next three games will seal us the league.

Doesn't matter how they come but given we have morton and falkirk in them, we would end their title challenges by not losing to them.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2017, 07:45 PM
We'll beat Dumbarton by the odd goal. We then play Houston's Falkirk. A win there and we've won the league IMO.

Could be a very decent crowd at ER v Falkirk. Probably their last chance to throw a spanner in the works.

HibbyAndy
12-03-2017, 07:47 PM

Agreed.

Andy74
12-03-2017, 07:52 PM
I reckon if we win the next three we will be roughly nine points better off than we are now.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2017, 07:52 PM
If we win our next three matches we'll be going up.

Next week will probably not be as straightforward as some people think. Dumbarton always seem to give us a game and without Cummings we'll be relying on someone else to stick the chances away.

Hibbyradge
12-03-2017, 08:27 PM
I think you're swithering before committing fully to the skoosh camp.

:faf:

:thumbsup:

Big L
12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
I think a lot of people are overlooking Morton, who have 2 games in hand over Falkirk, who they play on Sat and if they win could leave them trailing. I don't think they have lost at home for a year and we play them in 3 weeks at ER. Beware the Duffy!

greenlex
12-03-2017, 08:44 PM
I think a lot of people are overlooking Morton, who have 2 games in hand over Falkirk, who they play on Sat and if they win could leave them trailing. I don't think they have lost at home for a year and we play them in 3 weeks at ER. Beware the Duffy! Yup and we've still to play them away too.

12-03-2017, 08:52 PM
If SJM is in the Scotland squad and Rocky is called up (I'm not even sure if his national team have a fixture that weekend?) then we only need one other first teamer called up and the Club may well ask for the Falkirk game to be postponed? Not sure we have anyone else remotely near being selected for their country - I read something in the Evening News last week touting McGregor for the Scotland squad - but I can't see WGS going for him somehow.

Thoughts? ....

Diclonius
12-03-2017, 09:01 PM
It's about time we gave Falkirk a doing at ER.

HibsNutter
12-03-2017, 10:06 PM
If SJM is in the Scotland squad and Rocky is called up (I'm not even sure if his national team have a fixture that weekend?) then we only need one other first teamer called up and the Club may well ask for the Falkirk game to be postponed? Not sure we have anyone else remotely near being selected for their country - I read something in the Evening News last week touting McGregor for the Scotland squad - but I can't see WGS going for him somehow.

Thoughts? ....

McGinn may miss out on a call up this time around, as guys like Armstrong and Tom Cairney who haven't been involved before are in great form, Strachan may want to try them out.

Nicho87
12-03-2017, 11:15 PM
A postponed game under the lights may well suit us. However with the rovers game still needing schedules we have a few midweeks mounting up now.

greenginger
12-03-2017, 11:38 PM

Thoughts? ....

Is Effe still involved with Nigerian squad ?

JimBHibees
13-03-2017, 07:53 AM
McGinn may miss out on a call up this time around, as guys like Armstrong and Tom Cairney who haven't been involved before are in great form, Strachan may want to try them out.

If he is involved would hope that we could come to an agreement that he play a bit of the friendly game on the Wednesday then we get him back for the Falkirk game.

Speedy
13-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Is Effe still involved with Nigerian squad ?

Not in the latest squad according to wikipedia.

Do the u21s have a game? Is Cummings still involved with that?

Spike Mandela
13-03-2017, 08:10 AM
We have drawn 9 games this year, one third of our total league games played which is killing our points total and giving others the chance to hang on our tails.

I could honestly see these three games being draws but hopefully someone steps up on the goal trail on Saturday in place of Jason to start off these three vital games with a win.

GreenCastle
13-03-2017, 11:24 AM
3 massive games and I feel win all 3 and league is fully over.

Beating Falkirk and Morton would be really hard for teams behind us to catch us.

Let's fill ER for these 3 and get this league finished.

erin go bragh
13-03-2017, 11:50 AM
First things first . We must beat Dumbarton on Sat . With Falkirk playing Morton , it's the perfect time to start putting more pressure on them .

13-03-2017, 12:44 PM
3 huge games. Win them and thats the league pretty much all but mathematically wrapped up.

Lets pull away now and try and get the league done and dusted as soon as possible then we can focus everything on giving the SC another crack.

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2017, 01:27 PM
If we can win all 3 then I cant see us being caught barring an absolute meltdown in our remaining 6 games.

DUMBARTON ...... They may be 7th in the league but they are a sticky bunch without a doubt and their record of only having lost 12 times in 28 games means they will be no pushover, the good news is that Sam Stanton who has been scoring for them lately wont be able to play ... its nice to have to say that about Sam, perhaps there is hope for him at ER.

This is going to be another game where Hibs have to batter away at the door until we are let in.

FALKIRK ...... The form team in the League and nobody has to be told what a thorn in our bloody side they have been for the last two seasons, they seem to hate us almost as much as the Yams do and its as close as we get to a derby type match in this league ... we have to approach the game like it is a derby and tear into the buggers like we do the Yams .... if we beat Dumbarton we have to be looking at a huge crowd for this one.

This game is going to be nothing more than a battle as it usually is ... Falkirk will resort to the usual Houston tactics of niggling away at our players, outright fouling, getting in the refs face and time wasting if they can nick a goal ... its a shame because under a different manager they could actually be a decent football team.

MORTON ..... Credit to Jim Duffy, they are miles from being the cloggers Falkirk are and try to play decent football, will they be brave enough to give it a go at ER though? .... their defence only lose on average one goal a game even though they are an attacking team so this is going to be a really tough game.

If Morton decide to come to play this could be the most open and attractive game of the three ..... If we have beaten Dumbarton and Falkirk we could see a crowd to rival the Dundee Utd one under the lights at ER.

My take on it is that we wont get full points from the three games, but if we can manage two wins and a draw it will still be a good return, a win against Dumbarton will obviously go a long way towards that and we simply have to be at it from the word go on Saturday ... losing to St Mirren heaped huge pressure on us for the Dundee Utd game and a repeat of that is the last thing we need with two tougher games to follow.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2017, 01:41 PM
If we can win all 3 then I cant see us being caught barring an absolute meltdown in our remaining 6 games.

DUMBARTON ...... They may be 7th in the league but they are a sticky bunch without a doubt and their record of only having lost 12 times in 28 games means they will be no pushover, the good news is that Sam Stanton who has been scoring for them lately wont be able to play ... its nice to have to say that about Sam, perhaps there is hope for him at ER.

This is going to be another game where Hibs have to batter away at the door until we are let in.

FALKIRK ...... The form team in the League and nobody has to be told what a thorn in our bloody side they have been for the last two seasons, they seem to hate us almost as much as the Yams do and its as close as we get to a derby type match in this league ... we have to approach the game like it is a derby and tear into the buggers like we do the Yams .... if we beat Dumbarton we have to be looking at a huge crowd for this one.

This game is going to be nothing more than a battle as it usually is ... Falkirk will resort to the usual Houston tactics of niggling away at our players, outright fouling, getting in the refs face and time wasting if they can nick a goal ... its a shame because under a different manager they could actually be a decent football team.

MORTON ..... Credit to Jim Duffy, they are miles from being the cloggers Falkirk are and try to play decent football, will they be brave enough to give it a go at ER though? .... their defence only lose on average one goal a game even though they are an attacking team so this is going to be a really tough game.

If Morton decide to come to play this could be the most open and attractive game of the three ..... If we have beaten Dumbarton and Falkirk we could see a crowd to rival the Dundee Utd one under the lights at ER.

My take on it is that we wont get full points from the three games, but if we can manage two wins and a draw it will still be a good return, a win against Dumbarton will obviously go a long way towards that and we simply have to be at it from the word go on Saturday ... losing to St Mirren heaped huge pressure on us for the Dundee Utd game and a repeat of that is the last thing we need with two tougher games to follow.

Sound review and analysis old chap. It actually brings home the huge importance of a win against Dumbarton on Saturday. It gives us breathing space and makes the two games which are tougher on paper less pressured. Slip up at home to Dumbarton -especially if Falkirk beat Morton- and we're back into that pre-Dundee United zone.

big-mo
13-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Jason will be missing for the Falkirk game but I still think that we have enough in reserve to match them, Keatings and Holt, a draw is possible but I don't think NL will allow them to be beat.

We have only lost three games all season so I can not see us losing three more, draws may come into play but the goal difference is currently worth another point to us.

As for the next three home games, what do you think of the chances are that we will have a combined attendance of over 50K?

Borderhibbie76
13-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Jason will be missing for the Falkirk game but I still think that we have enough in reserve to match them, Keatings and Holt, a draw is possible but I don't think NL will allow them to be beat.

We have only lost three games all season so I can not see us losing three more, draws may come into play but the goal difference is currently worth another point to us.

As for the next three home games, what do you think of the chances are that we will have a combined attendance of over 50K?
Jason misses the Dumbarton game this Sat NOT Falkirk mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stantonhibby
13-03-2017, 02:45 PM

I thought Cummings only misses the Dumbarton game?

big-mo
13-03-2017, 02:54 PM
I thought Cummings only misses the Dumbarton game?

Because it was two yellows and not a straight red I though that the suspension was the second game after the dismissal. Stand to be corrected.

stantonhibby
13-03-2017, 02:59 PM
Because it was two yellows and not a straight red I though that the suspension was the second game after the dismissal. Stand to be corrected.

I'm not sure, just assumed he would miss this weekend

Baw187
13-03-2017, 03:50 PM

Top summary.

I've kind of been assuming we'll beat Dumbarton but that's a big point re the importance of it. Reckon this won't go unnoticed by Lennon when preparing for this weekend. Also, getting a win would mean both Morton and Falkirk will be under pressure to get the win with playing later.

I will put my neck on the line and say we'll beat Dumbarton and Falkirk and will draw with Morton.

B.H.F.C
13-03-2017, 04:25 PM

If you get suspended for an accumulation of bookings, the ban kicks in after 14 days. If you get sent off, it kicks in the following game.

big-mo
13-03-2017, 05:17 PM
If you get suspended for an accumulation of bookings, the ban kicks in after 14 days. If you get sent off, it kicks in the following game.

Thanks for the update.

Lancs Harp
13-03-2017, 05:48 PM
We'll win all three games.

Keith_M
13-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm amazed that anybody's confident enough to make a prediction one way or the other.

This is Hibs we're talking about :wink:

13-03-2017, 09:06 PM
A shame jason will miss the Dumbarton game but Keatings is a very good replacement. I actually really like Keatings and wish he'd get more game time. Big chance for him to prove he's worthy of a starting place.

Nicho87
13-03-2017, 09:52 PM
A really good chance for Keatings to show his worth up front playing in a two. Hopefully he thrives. Didn't work against Ayr him up top himself. Always thought he is a cracking finisher.

Phil MaGlass
14-03-2017, 09:34 PM
One win and two draws thats my prediction

GreenCastle
18-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Game 1 today...

3 points is a must to add the pressure to those chasing us.

Will take any sort of win today!

sambajustice
18-03-2017, 08:43 AM
If we beat Dumbarton today then I'd take a Falkirk win against Morton.

In my opinion it would take Morton out the reckoning and set up a virtual title winning match against Falkirk.

Ronniekirk
18-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Could be a very decent crowd at ER v Falkirk. Probably their last chance to throw a spanner in the works.

They will fancy thier chances if they beat Morton They will do thier usial spoil tactics and noise our players up looking for them to pivk up more bookings and maybe get player sent off Might not be a grest game of Football but its a game we will want to win and it comes into the Big Game Cstegory that Lennon feels suits us better
Deserves to be a Huge Crowd
And talking of putting a Spanner in the works I dont think they will Wrench the Title from us

Tom Hart RIP
18-03-2017, 09:26 AM
NL said on Hibs TV that if we win all three it would take a monumental collapse for us not to win league.

Callyballybe
18-03-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm actually quite worried about today. As someone has said earlier, we've drawn alot of home games this season and another one today would see Falkirk (if they win, which I think they will) be within touching distance of us - which is the last thing we need given the boost it'll give them.
We've shown that we can turn up for the games against the bigger teams, now we need to show that the complacency that has dogged us against 'smaller' teams ends today.

We have a genuine chance to put this league to bed in the next three games - I hope the team takes it.